PDA

View Full Version : OK... I need computer/iPod :)

sLoWnStEaDy
12-29-2009, 10:40 AM
so I just finaly decided to get an iPod (I know, where was I five years ago) and I am trying to get my music onto it. I have like 30-40 albums on my Windows Media Player (9 i think) and I took the time and went through and titled all of the albums and all of the individual songs as well. However now I cannont get them from Media Player onto my iPod... I completely cleared out the iPod because he had so much random junk music it was scary.
If I just go into my "music" folder uner my documents they are all there but they are not named at all, it just says "unknown album, unknown artist" track 01, track 02 etc... How do I get the titled albums/songs onto the iPod from WMP?

In case you are wondering why so late. when I had my clarion deck I just "plugged in" a flash drive with a ton of music but for some reason the flash drive isn't working on the new head unit but the iPod does so... I have like 200~ cd's but I want to put the stuff I listen to most on the iPod so I don't take a chance of having all my cd's stolen again because I doubt my insurance will cover everything if it happens again (house got broke into during the floods while I was sand bagging and along with 250+ DVD's, a couple guns, stereo stuff etc... was every single one of my CD's so...)

Clinical
12-29-2009, 10:53 AM
I believe there is some third-party software that will allow you to do it - you'd have to search it.

If you want to take the easy way - just get Itunes and import all your music into it - it doesn't take long and once you plug in your ipod with itunes running - it'll automatically begin transfering the music.

There is software out there that lets you load music onto an ipod without itunes - I've just never bothered with it.

sLoWnStEaDy
12-29-2009, 10:55 AM
downloading it now... I hate computers

sLoWnStEaDy
12-29-2009, 11:10 AM
holy shit.... like 30+ seconds per song. This is going to take a couple days...