PDA

View Full Version : YEAH!!! I GOT MY CADILLAC BACK FINALY

sLoWnStEaDy
12-28-2009, 04:10 PM
But those assholes are ProTow fucked up my rear bumper :mad:

cost me a little less than I thought at $976.XX total, not including the tickets themselves, just teh $500 fee (NOT two like I was told) and the $476.XX for towing/storage fees. Shitty part is if I new I only had to pay ONE $500 fee and not two like I was told I would not have had to sell my .40 and some of my car audio :Hangman:

DustinsDuster
12-28-2009, 04:11 PM
can you sue for damages or are you just screwed?

sLoWnStEaDy
12-28-2009, 04:21 PM
can you sue for damages or are you just screwed?

I pointed it out before I took the car. They literaly pulled it out of the gate and I started looking it over, before I even got in teh car I went and told them. A few guys came out and looked at it, the one guy (seemed to be the "higher up") said "looks some adhesion problems in the paint, nothing we did." To which of course I replied he was crazy and didn't know shit if he honestly believed that. Then I showed him the tow sheet where there is a big picture of a car and it says "driver, circle any areas of damage before loading vehicle" and there was not a fucking mark on teh thing! He said he was going to call the driver (who no longer works there by the way) and ask him if he "remembers seeing any damage" then he was going to look over all of the last 30 days footage and see if they can see someone hitting it or anythign like that.

After I left there I went straight to Mike McGrath Collisions (they painted the car) and they said it was obvious that the damage was from some sort of "compression" put on the bumper, then they did the "GM adhiesion test" on teh paint and of course there was no issues. It is 100% OBVIOUS that they caused the damage and anyone with a pea sized brain can see that! So, I called them when I got home and asked how long it would take and told them I had already taken to back to teh paint shop and told ProTow what McGrath said and they said "they give me a call back after they talke to ______ about it" If it comes down to it, yes I will sue but I am hoping they will just do the right thing and fix it.

sparkles
12-28-2009, 05:07 PM
Had the same issues with R&R towing for here in DSM too. They pretty much fucked me over in a way I could do nothing about. Turns out they were shut down due to fraudulent things going down there. Something about selling customers Cars and Harley's to employees for WAY less than what the value was. Not too sure on the specifics, but it wasn't before they had to replace a bunch of windows a few times...if you know what I mean.

SaNdMaNsSi
12-28-2009, 09:19 PM
They won't fix it, they'll ignore you and hope you go away. Don't get it fixed until the problem is resolved, or your case will be thrown out for covering up the damage. I was there one day watching them try to move a 4wd suzuki SUV. It took the guy over 30 minutes to finally get it out of a parking spot. He rammed into it with their wheel loader, and instead of taking the e-brake off he tried to manhandle it from the front and the back over and over and over. If that was my vehicle, I would have screamed bloody murder. It's like chimps with heavy equipment.

Clinical
12-28-2009, 10:31 PM
Sucks when this shit happens, especially since it happens all to often.

Luckily our few tow companies here in Burlington are all pretty reputable and good at what they do.

We had one open up for awhile I think was called Jay's 24/7 Towing - I remember an article in the paper about them getting a lot of lawsuits against them for damaging vehicles and I think the final straw for them was they used the tow truck to move a few vehicles to get to another vehicle they were reposessing and caused damage to one of the other vehicles as well. Was in the paper here. Think they were around for a few months and they closed down.

Sledge_WS6
12-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Screw ProTow, they are fun haters anyway.... :(

sLoWnStEaDy
01-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Asshole owner said he isn't do anything about it so I am talking ot my lawyer right now, on to court I guess...

85XR7Project
01-06-2010, 04:31 PM
Wow, thats bullshit. I hope all works out for you man.

SaNdMaNsSi
01-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Would you expect anything less from the lowest bidder for the city contract?