PDA

View Full Version : 1983 Mustang GT T-top

Adam
12-25-2009, 11:36 PM
Not even sure where to start. I have had this car for about two years and dumped ALOT of money into upgrading inferior 1983 things. The previous owner before me owned this car for over ten years. So it hasn't been bouncing all over the place from owner to owner. BUT, the car has a salvage title, the salvage designation occured even before the previous owner owned it(at least 12+ years ago). The car is straight and clean and drives well, but if you can't get past an almost 27 year old car with a salvage title please stop reading now. If you are still with me then I will continue.

The car has the stock 83 shortblock, the stock heads and performer intake have been port matched. The heads were milled to bump the compression up to a whopping 8.9-1. These car were pathetic compression-wise. Anyway, it has a 600 Holley on it, an SSI cam/springs(don't know specs, sounds little lumpy), Rhoads lifters, Performer intake. Longtube headers with straight pipes bumped into a pair of Flowmasters. Car is not loud while driving until you romp on it. Red interior is faded due to the T-tops. The dash has a crack in it and like I said, its 27 years old. It is all there and not all hacked up, just worn. It does have a nice aftermarket tach in it(OEM is also functional). speedo is broke, not sure if its the cable or what, just never taken the time to check it out. Has a UPR shifter. Stock t-5 trans as far as I know. Built 8.8 rear w/9" ends, no c-clip eliminators to leak, (has 33 spline mosers, 33 spline spool, everything new in rear, 3.73 Ford gear) UPR uppers/lowers, both adjustable, Lakewood 50/50 rear shocks, 01 Bullitt springs w/one coil cut, Lakewood 90/10's up front. Has Aerospace brakes on all four corners and is converted to 5 bolt set up. Centerline Telstar wheels, MT dr's on rear, metric radials on front. 5" cowl hood, this hood uses all stock latches, no crappy lift off junk(also have stock hood). The car has one spot of bubbling paint behind the right rear tire and a small dent in the left front fender, both are difficult to see. The front nose wasn't prepped well and paint is flaking off. The rest of the paint is good, but please remember this is an old car so its not factory new but looks good for its age. Car drives straight and is a blast to drive. Take out the T-tops, set the cruise and drive!! All of the parts I have listed have 500 miles OR LESS on them. never drive the car and regret seeing it sit inthe garage all the time. Someone can enjoy it, I am just too busy to drive it, even in the summer. I took the car down the track 3 passes with the 2.73 gears in it and stock 7.5 rear and it trapped 97mph every pass so the motor is pretty strong. I will add other mods to the list as I remember them..lol.

Looking for a trade for a 99+ GT or cash. Also would be interested in a 4x4 truck in trade . Trade vehicle must be very clean and in good shape, no junk.

Asking $6000.

I also have a ton of parts that DON'T go with the car that I would throw in, in a trade for a vehicle worth more than this one. Have a complete alum-headed 351 roller motor,new Hooker super comp longtubes for a 351 in a Fox, tube K, subframes,manual rack ,manual brake set up,custom moly bumper supports etc etc. Try to post some pics. Lemme know if they show up. Merry Xmas!!
http://www.modularmisfits.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2&pictureid=151
http://www.modularmisfits.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2&pictureid=42

Silversixspeed
12-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Interested in selling a couple of the spare parts seperately? I'd be interested in the tube k, and manual steering setup.

PM me a price if interested.

Adam
12-26-2009, 07:22 PM
For now I am gonna hang onto all the spare stuff. If I don't sell i will be putting in the tube K and big motor in. I am not going to use the manual rack though no matter what. Do you need a manual steering arm too?? I think I have one of those too, how about the manual brake stuff? :bigthumb:

Silversixspeed
12-27-2009, 09:37 AM
Yeah, I'd need everything to switch to manual steering. Would all of the stuff you have be all I need?
I don't need manual brake stuff yet, at least for a while. I may switch to a 460 in a year or two, but thats plenty far off.

Feel free to send me a PM on a price for the steering stuff, and if you do in fact have an arm laying around.

Silversixspeed
12-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Still waiting for a PM. ;)