PDA

View Full Version : engines/block/etc...

sLoWnStEaDy
12-23-2009, 01:40 PM
D4AE-6015-AA7 351W bare block with mains but I have the crank, rods, pistons and such too if needed. PERSONALY i think it should probably be bored a little. No scars, scrapes or lips or anything but there is a little minor surface rust (came off with a rag) in the bores so... engine block reads D4AE-1605-AA7

D = 70's decade
4 = the year, so it s a 1974 block
AE = indicates what vehicle it was made for (not sure what the AE is...)
6015 = simply indicates it is an engine block
AA7 = identifies the design/changes the engine block/molds have gone through since origional design
From what I understand this is one of the "stronger" engine blocks and is a tall (9.503) deck.
I also have a 302 motor (pretty much complete with some accessories. this is a complete long block with heads, oil pan, some accessories etc...
I also have a 300 Ford inline 6 (mostly complete but tore apart, needs pistons) and a 3.4L (LQ1) DOHC block, front cover, waterpump, oil pump drive etc....

make me an offer on whatever or I am looking for a 460 block. The 460 block needs to be useable as-is, prefer stock bore but obviously I'll take a bored one :)

Silversixspeed
12-24-2009, 01:01 AM
$50 for the 302? I don't have much use for it, but thought I'd throw an offer out there.

If you have a power steering and/or alternator bracket/s for it also, I'd be a little more intrigued, as I've been looking for a couple..

sLoWnStEaDy
12-24-2009, 06:58 AM
$50 for the 302? I don't have much use for it, but thought I'd throw an offer out there.

If you have a power steering and/or alternator bracket/s for it also, I'd be a little more intrigued, as I've been looking for a couple..

not for a whole roller motor, I would take $100 for the short block, has a new intake gasket set with it as well (for the 5.0HO manifold)

EDIT: just verified it is indeed a roller motor...

85XR7Project
12-24-2009, 09:48 AM
I believe the "A" denotes it was a fullsize Ford engine and the "E" is the engineered group stanting for "Engine"

Silversixspeed
12-24-2009, 10:25 AM

not for a whole roller motor, I would take $100, has a new intake gasket set with it as well (for the 5.0HO manifold)

Send me some pics, and if you can confirm the forged pistons, I might be interested. Any idea if it ran when pulled, or needs work? And what accessories are included?

sLoWnStEaDy
12-24-2009, 09:09 PM
EDIT: never got a call back so I guess its all still available

sLoWnStEaDy
12-31-2009, 11:38 AM
Still have all of this... It is in my way and I would like it gone!

someone come get it! $150 for everything... or $100 everything MINUS the 351W block...
there is a complete 5.0HO minus intake/exhaust, bunch of pistons/rods, cranks, oil pans, camshafts, etc... you could probably scrap everything for more than I am asking... I knwo you could build a complete 5.0HO and a 351W short block with the parts I have. 300cu.in needs a couple pistons but its all there, 3.4L DOHC is just a bre block with a crank... there is a guy on Craigslist who said he would give me $50 each for the V8's and $40 for the 6 cylinders but (so $180) but he wouldn't be able to buy them for another week or two as he is expanding his shop at the moment so...

EDIT: just got off the phone with Scott at Sperrys and he said he'd buy it all next week so if anyone wants this stuff let me know or it is going to Sperrys monday.... he said he will give me a little more than I am asking on here but I would like it gone ASAP! Can't take it to him until next week and then I have ot load it up and everything too so... SOMEONE COME GET IT

85XR7Project
01-01-2010, 07:25 AM
$150 for all of it? Is that the rebuilt 351w and 302? I'm still interested, my bro in law just f*cked me out of $500 so I'm trying to get the wife on board.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-01-2010, 07:35 AM
not including the rebuilt 351W, going to leave that in the car until the Big Block is finished...

Scott
01-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Im still waiting to hear from my bro if he wants it, but dont be waiting on him trust me it could be 3 months before he makes up his mind