PDA

View Full Version : Bone stock gt500 motor with bigger blower..kenne bell 9.30s

allgo
12-21-2009, 07:24 PM
9.30s at 148...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Shel ... 723833.htm (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Shelby-GT500-Runs-932_723833.htm)

sparkles
12-21-2009, 08:12 PM
That's a big list of mods at the beginning for it to be "bone stock".

allgo
12-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Motor itself is stock

OldSkoolRCR
12-21-2009, 08:23 PM
Nice.

sjones99
12-21-2009, 08:27 PM
Nice....cheaper than a ZR1...lol!

allgo
12-21-2009, 08:51 PM

yeah and worth a shitload less.. :butthead:

sjones99
12-22-2009, 06:31 AM

Does anything hold value anymore?

allgo
12-22-2009, 06:33 AM

Does anything hold value anymore?

yes 87 buick grand national do more then hold value.. what do you drive?

Mufflover
12-22-2009, 08:32 AM
wow thats a surprise for a stang

85XR7Project
12-22-2009, 10:13 AM
wow thats a surprise for a stang

You know what is a real suprise? The fact that your parents didn't drown you.

sparkles
12-22-2009, 10:50 AM
They did. They were just too stupid to keep under for enough time. Hence the drain bamage.

Scott
12-22-2009, 11:02 AM
It launches like crap..

DustinsDuster
12-22-2009, 05:21 PM
the long block is stock, but thats about the only damn thing on the car that is! built TH400, stall, 9", 3.70 gears, slicks, light wheels. impressive, dont get me wrong, but this strikes me very similar to that GMPP track mule Chevelle that was in Hotrod when it was running with a stock LS7. mid 10's if i remember correctly; all stock, stock tune as well.

more than anything, to me, this just shows how important your whole combo is, not just how much power your engine makes...

allgo
12-22-2009, 05:28 PM
Read the dam post STOCK MOTOR>>>

DustinsDuster
12-22-2009, 05:31 PM
the KB Blower is stock? what do you call a complete engine, minus the intake?

allgo
12-22-2009, 07:22 PM
RE_READ THE THREAD IT SAYS STOCK MOTOR WITH BIGGER BLOWER ...ITS NOT THAT HARD TO FIGURE OUT.... THATS ALL IT SAYS, I NEVER SAID ANTHING ABOUT TRANNY OR SUSPENSION...

DustinsDuster
12-22-2009, 08:42 PM
RE_READ THE THREAD IT SAYS STOCK MOTOR WITH BIGGER BLOWER ...ITS NOT THAT HARD TO FIGURE OUT.... THATS ALL IT SAYS, I NEVER SAID ANTHING ABOUT TRANNY OR SUSPENSION...

define "motor" Joe. is a "Longblock" not also a motor? saying that is a completely stock motor with the stock blower TAKEN OFF and REPLACED with a BIGGER BLOWER is like calling a factory 440 with a Victor single plane intake and bigger cam a completely stock motor. modifying the injection from stock is pretty self explanitory; the induction isnt stock anymore; the LONGBLOCK is. this isnt that hard to figure out either Joe.

i know you didnt say anything about the trans or suspension; I did. thats how it works- when these words come up under my username, that means I said them, not you or anyone else.

elementary my dear watson...

sparkles
12-22-2009, 09:30 PM
define "motor" Joe. is a "Longblock" not also a motor? saying that is a completely stock motor with the stock blower TAKEN OFF and REPLACED with a BIGGER BLOWER is like calling a factory 440 with a Victor single plane intake and bigger cam a completely stock motor. modifying the injection from stock is pretty self explanitory; the induction isnt stock anymore; the LONGBLOCK is. this isnt that hard to figure out either Joe.

This was my whole point in the other thread. Yes, Ford makes and awesome longblock warrantied to 1000hp in a very reasonably priced package...which makes posts with heading like "stock blah blah blah runs a blah blah blah" not very impressive IMHO. They were designed for it, end of story. Look at all the supporting mods it takes it to run those times. They're not just throwing on a different blower and running those times. While the longblock was designed great by Ford, the same cannot be said for the fuel system and rear end. Sorry Joe, Dustin is right on. She's not even a "bone stock motor", unless you are just talking about the longblock.

DustinsDuster
12-22-2009, 09:58 PM
if you bolted a 200 shot to a C6Z06, and it ran mid 9's, could i then make a post saying "STOCK MOTOR Z06 RUNS MID 9'S!"? before it comes up, i will totally agree that the LS7 probably wouldnt live as long as the mod-motor, but we're not talking about longevity, aparently we're talking about "stock" potential.

its just funny to me, a few years ago we were all arguing over the definition of "street car", now we're arguing over the definition of "stock"....

black88gt
12-22-2009, 10:16 PM
This was my whole point in the other thread. Yes, Ford makes and awesome longblock warrantied to 1000hp in a very reasonably priced package...which makes posts with heading like "stock blah blah blah runs a blah blah blah" not very impressive IMHO. They were designed for it, end of story. Look at all the supporting mods it takes it to run those times. They're not just throwing on a different blower and running those times. While the longblock was designed great by Ford, the same cannot be said for the fuel system and rear end. Sorry Joe, Dustin is right on. She's not even a "bone stock motor", unless you are just talking about the longblock.

since when did ford have this 1k hp warranty? no shit it has supporting mods, it says stock gt500 MOTOR

i dont think its that hard to see what joe is saying; stock engine aka stock longblock aka cram as much air and fuel in as you want however you want to do it without going lifting the valve/cam covers.

in dustins example i consider a 440 with an intake manifold a stock engine still, cam though and its not stock.

continue arguing semantics, i think it was pretty clear what joe intended.

allgo
12-22-2009, 11:01 PM
If a Z06 ran mid 9s on a stock motor and nitrous yes i would still call it a stock motor, cause it is, my 03 is a bone stock motor with a bigger blower on it still stock, heads have never been off it so you take it for what its worth cause I know you are the smartest person on here and have all the knowledge in the world on how to go fast... but you just have never done it.

69gt4speed
12-22-2009, 11:11 PM
Yea its quite a thing/argument what stock is anymore or even bolt ons... Just to keep it clear I will say stock long block w whatever else.

That means stock cam/cams heads pistons rods block crank. It gets tricky esp like w a cobra jet w a tvs for nhra stock. Or all the aftermarket parts you can have now in nhra stock classes. Honestly almost nothing can be stock in those classes as many parts are impossible to get or are durability items.

I see where Joe is coming from and so do you guys. To make that gt500 work right it needed supporting stuff just like the eaton m112 +9.9 03 w a auto and sra.

DustinsDuster
12-23-2009, 04:03 AM
stock long block

is this not a true statement? the intake manifold and blower are not what it left the factory with- stock long block.

i dont think its that hard to see what joe is saying; stock engine aka stock longblock aka cram as much air and fuel in as you want however you want to do it without going lifting the valve/cam covers.

continue arguing semantics, i think it was pretty clear what joe intended.

notice i never said Joe was wrong. in fact, im agreeing with him 90% of the way, i was just specifying what i say.

another example- take a completely stock '03 Cobra. pull the stock blower, port it, and then reinstall it. stock motor still? how would that be any more stock than the motor in question?

If a Z06 ran mid 9s on a stock motor and nitrous yes i would still call it a stock motor, cause it is, my 03 is a bone stock motor with a bigger blower on it still stock, heads have never been off it so you take it for what its worth cause I know you are the smartest person on here and have all the knowledge in the world on how to go fast... but you just have never done it.

the difference is Joe, all the factory fasteners would be intact on the LS7, but you've still removed the stock blower/manifold off your 03's motor, and replaced it with an aftermarket blower/manifold. the LS7 would be 100% stock, while the modmotor only 90% we'll say. still impressive, still stock longblock, but not 100% stock.

and as for how fast i've ever ran; i'll totally admit i havent ran as fast as you, but you dont have to be standing in a pile of shit to be able to point one out...

but really Joe, i think you might be the smartest guy on this board- you figured out how to own a couple fast cars without doing much more than opening your wallet. most of us, arent so lucky, and actually have to work on/build our own cars.

allgo
12-23-2009, 07:29 AM
Two things 1) when you change a blower on a cobra or a gt500 you do not change the intake or use different intake bolts, how would I know I have never worked on my car right.
2) You can ask anyone that knows me I work on my cars all the time, sure I have opened my wallet to buy things but if you think thats all I do so be it... now go work on the eye sore of yours.

snickerlicker
12-23-2009, 07:48 AM
Agreed. Stock intake, intercooler retained. Stock fasteners too. But don't try arguing with Dustin, his knowledge is amazing. He knows it all.

Mufflover
12-23-2009, 08:43 AM
Agreed. Stock intake, intercooler retained. Stock fasteners too. But don't try arguing with Dustin, his knowledge is amazing. He knows it all.

owned!

K-ville
12-23-2009, 11:09 AM
your both saying the same thing "stock motor" "stock longblock" same diff. Dustin who gives a shit who works on their own car and who pays for help?! i can tell you ive seen joes cars torn down multiple times for different things with him and friends under every corner of them doing the work in his shop.... bringing that up was just lame and I think you just said it because you know you dont have a leg to stand on when it comes to experience against joe. but thats just my opinion what the hell do I know :WORSHIP:

DustinsDuster
12-23-2009, 04:59 PM
i love how im being portrayed as a narrow-minded know-it-all by a bunch of guys who wont even read enough of my post to give a decent response. i'll ask my questions again; most likely in vain, but here goes anyway:

"how do you define 'motor'?"

"does the term 'long block' not refer to a motor in the sense that you meant?"

it's all a matter of context- you guys are using the word 'stock' as a very broad, non-specific term; where as i take it as a very specific meaning. you guys keep saying that i have to be right all the time, but i havent even said anyone was wrong here. i agreed with the original statement, with a slight amendment; and everyone freaked out. i re-stated my point, all without resorting to name calling, swearing, or bringing up anyone's car, while still praising the car, and none of my questions were answered- got a bunch of aggrivated shit talk. you guys can have your opinion of what stock is; just like 'street car', i dont mind your opinion if you dont mind mine. but i bring up how i feel about it, and aparently im not entitled to it, and none of you will open your eyes enough to try to see where i'm coming from with it.

back to the Z06 scenario; if you did throw a 200 shot on it, and it did run those numbers, you wouldnt just say "stock LS7 vette runs 9's"; you would add the "200 shot" in there somewhere- an amendment. all i did was amend the statement, and everyone jumped all over me because i didnt share the opinion. no wonder sparkles starts so much shit- i can see his frustration with you guys.

in the end, the way i see it, if i cant go into a Ford dealership with a single part number and get the complete engine with the same Ford-backed warranty as any other engine, i dont see it as "stock". feel differently? fucking awesome. i still feel the same way, and wont change the way i say and think things to pacify other people.

as for bringing up his money, did i not say Allgo was smarter than most here? id love to have the means to pay someone to do the shit on my cars that i dont want to do; but its just not in the cards. it'd only be lame of me to bring it up if there were something to be ashamed of about it; which from how you guys seem to feel, it doesnt. so, to answer your question kville- "who gives a shit who works on their cars or who pays people from help?", i'll ask another question: "what the fuck does my Duster have to do with a thread about a "stock" motor'd GT500?". nothing? well, it still got brought up- i'll call it even.

and just to clarify for everyone, i did not change the title of this thread- nor was i seeking to.

K-ville
12-23-2009, 05:22 PM
it'd only be lame of me to bring it up if there were something to be ashamed of about it; which from how you guys seem to feel, it doesnt. so

it was meant as a bad thing the way you said it. or at least thats how I took it... so no your duster shouldnt have been brought up but it only was to take a stab back at you for what you said

sparkles
12-23-2009, 07:29 PM
"what the fuck does my Duster have to do with a thread about a "stock" motor'd GT500?". nothing? well, it still got brought up-

It's just a simple way to change the topic when they get called out on a legitimate debate that would require actual effort and intelligence to argue. Your opinion differs. Therefor, you are a fuckchop, your car is slow, and you know nothing. Least, that's what I've gathered with these similar arguments.

K-ville
12-23-2009, 07:36 PM
"what the fuck does my Duster have to do with a thread about a "stock" motor'd GT500?". nothing? well, it still got brought up-

It's just a simple way to change the topic when they get called out on a legitimate debate that would require actual effort and intelligence to argue. Your opinion differs. Therefor, you are a fuckchop, your car is slow, and you know nothing. Least, that's what I've gathered with these similar arguments.

there isnt a debate... its a stock motor with a built car wraped around it now you can get technical and call it a "longblock" if you would like but it doesnt change the fact that the motor hasnt been got into. but your are still a slow fuckchop :butthead:

sparkles
12-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Obviously there is a debate. And since when did you want to start calling names? That's the exact shit that I'm talking about and makes me generalize you with all of the other dipshits.

And as of about an hour ago, yeah, I am slow now. I sold the Protogay, so you can officially take the spot back.

K-ville
12-23-2009, 07:58 PM
easy killer im just kiddin. but i still say there is no debate both sides are arguing something that means the same thing either way. motor vs. longblock

DustinsDuster
12-23-2009, 08:20 PM
its apples to oranges comparing this example of an engine to a big block with a carburetor swap, but in my eyes, the induction of the engine was changed drastically. the problem is, there is no universal set boundry between what some people would call the engine and the rest of the car. i believe this is exactly like the street car argument; no "right" answer...

K-ville
12-23-2009, 08:27 PM
its apples to oranges comparing this example of an engine to a big block with a carburetor swap, but in my eyes, the induction of the engine was changed drastically. the problem is, there is no universal set boundry between what some people would call the engine and the rest of the car. i believe this is exactly like the street car argument; no "right" answer...

its just a sloppy deal because the screw blower bolts to the engine... so that makes it hard to seem like a stock motor to some but to me the power adder is not the motor even though it is part of the intake

69gt4speed
12-23-2009, 11:47 PM
i believe this is exactly like the street car argument; no "right" answer...

Yea I've gone round and round w camaro guys since they have the cam heads intake option mostly, and basically came to fk it conclusion. Pretty much what the particular crowd goes on, so as I said I will say stock long block from now on though whatever crowd says stock mtr I will interpret that if possible...

As far as a 03 goes bone stock is a low 12 w stock tires and mid 11 w like et streets and thats w no air filter housing or tune etc. Ford used a stang gt air housing to keep cost down for a 03 cobra. Suppose to be 15/20 whp replacing it or running w/o it. Same w exhaust system but I never saw it,

sparkles
12-24-2009, 09:57 AM
easy killer im just kiddin. but i still say there is no debate both sides are arguing something that means the same thing either way. motor vs. longblock
:goodman:

Let's just agree to disagree. Even if we did agree, what's the big deal anyway? It's a very well designed motor capable of producing a lot of hp (with a lot of bolt ons) and should be running those times and making those numbers. It's nothing new. It came from the factory. So what. Good job Ford :roll: