PDA

View Full Version : Well, suppose to be picking this up tomorow

sLoWnStEaDy
12-20-2009, 03:06 PM
'73 Mach 1. fresh 351W installed, comes with a couple other motors, new interior (needs to be installed) and boxes of goodies. Hopefully everythig works out liek it is suppose to and I can finaly have my dream car and me done with buying/selling 30 different cars a year! Paint is UGLY but I want it yellow/black anyways so... winter plan for it (if everything works out and I indeed get the car) is to sell the 351W's (two of them) and the 302 that come with it and build a 514 stroker. then I want it to look like the yellow one pictured

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/8759/bh66sugbwkkgrhqqhd4esll.jpg
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5941/bh67lebgkkgrhquhdkesner.jpg
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6263/bh68h1gb2kkgrhqyheyesnk.jpg

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3208/1972fordmustangmach1yel.jpg

DustinsDuster
12-20-2009, 03:07 PM
theres no yellow one pictured, yo. hope it happens for you though.

Scott
12-20-2009, 03:07 PM
No picture!! but let me know if you get it and decide those engines I might be interested

sLoWnStEaDy
12-20-2009, 03:11 PM
pictures fixed... the IAF uploader thing didn't work?!?

and if I get it the spare 351W and 302 will for sure be going. the 351W that is in the car was just built, no details yet but probably just a stock or mild rebuild.

FiFdYnUtZ
12-20-2009, 03:42 PM
looks like a sweet project! there is a BADASS yellow and black mach 1 that one of my friends from high school's dad owns..

blackx-runner
12-20-2009, 04:23 PM
Nice car. Can't wait to see the build progress and the final results.

sLoWnStEaDy
12-20-2009, 05:23 PM
Just got off the phone with him. James and I are heady out Tuesday morning around 8am~ so we shoud have the car back here around 2pm. its only a 2~ hour drive but it always takes a little longer than it needs to. Second to Landon being born, I think this is the happiest day of my life so far, well and of course tuesday when I actualy pick it up :D

the interior is actualy brand new in boxes still, all black "leather" or whatever it was back in the day. with the exception of the headliner and door panels which are in great shape. still has the factory seats and seat covers that look to be in pretty good shape to so may be I can turn around and sell those too. We'll see, I am really excited as this is the 4th Mach 1 I have tried to get, the others where in HORRIBLE shape and/or extremely over priced... If this looks even 1/2 as good in person as the pictures make it out to be I will be happy as a fly at a pig farm!

85XR7Project
12-21-2009, 09:08 AM
Is it a sport top or a Coupe? I hope to got its not a Grande....

I'm eager to see you get going on this one.

sLoWnStEaDy
12-21-2009, 11:01 AM
Is it a sport top or a Coupe? I hope to got its not a Grande....

I'm eager to see you get going on this one.

Did you read the first 3 words in the thread LOL...? It's a real Mach 1 so, they'd call it a "sports roof"... heres a side shot of a '73 Mach 1

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/2788/73mustang.jpg (http://img412.imageshack.us/i/73mustang.jpg/)

85XR7Project
12-21-2009, 01:15 PM
I guess I didn't see that it was an ACTUAL Mach 1. Sorry about that. As for the car, those 71-73 Mustangs are some pretty sweet cars. I actually almost bought one a few years ago but it was at Jim Austin's in Greene and usually the cars there are complete garbage and have more bondo than steel so I passed on it. I think if I were to do one I'd make a BBF Boss 460 or bigger. I like those "What if" cars, I have planned to do a Eliminator idea on my Cougar so its kinda along the same lines. As I said, I'm eager to see what direction you take with it.

DustinsDuster
12-21-2009, 01:17 PM
personally, ive never been able to get over the looks of the front and back ends- from the side it looks alright, but i hate looking at them head on or from the back. each is own though.

sparkles
12-21-2009, 01:23 PM
personally, ive never been able to get over the looks of the front and back ends- from the side it looks alright, but i hate looking at them head on or from the back. each is own though.

Exactly how I feel about the newer models.

sLoWnStEaDy
12-21-2009, 01:40 PM

Exactly how I feel about the newer models.

ditto for the most part... the 05+ have sexy front ends but then they where modeled after this similar style so...

tylers88
12-21-2009, 06:12 PM
I like my professors 70 mach 1

85XR7Project
12-22-2009, 11:57 AM
I may be interested in a 351 if you do end up selling. Not really sure yet since it all hinges on if I keep the Cougar or not.

sLoWnStEaDy
12-22-2009, 10:30 PM
Got it home after $120~ worth of gas and about 8 hours. torqueless 350 in an early 80's K10 with a TH350 is not a good vehicle to use! Good news, the car is pretty dang solid and came with a lot of really good parts! I got a little "nervous" after I realized I never did check the VIN to verify it was indeed a Mach1 and just took his word for it however I just checked and indeed it is a '73 Mach 1 and oringaly had a 302, this one came out of the Dearborn, MI plant but was sold in New Jersey and the car has 80699 actual miles so not too bad...

The paint is even worse than I thought it was!! I honestly think I could do a better paintjob blind folded (100% serious on that too). it is just HORRIBLE, you can see start/stop spots, spots where it looks like they where messin gwith the pattern adjustment, it is covered in runs, the "graphics" are rediculous and look like they where done with scotch tape or something. Only thing that appears to have been done right was they did not paint over a bunch of other layers of paint. took it down in a few spots and it was just the blue, then primer then metal so... has a lot of new parts I didn't know about including all of the suspension, the rearend, gas tank, glass, NOS chrome trim pieces still boxed up etc... All in all it seems to be a solid car, I will know more when I get around to some strpping as I plan to take it down to a skeleton and start fresh basicaly...