PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

blackx-runner
12-16-2009, 04:39 PM
Hey everyone, Noob to the forum. Been lurking the past week or so waiting for activation and I finally got my account activated. Thanks to TbTalon94 for helping me out with that. Been looking for some car enthusiasts around CR and this looks like the place where a bunch of them hang out.
My ride: 2005 toyota tacoma X-runner. Some of you may have seen me around town, there are only a few X-runners that I know of. And I can't think of any other black ones off hand.
The Mods: URD supercharger kit - Rotrex C38-71 centrifugal blower- pushin ~10psi, FMIC, 668cc injectors, APR X-1 piggyback, APR exhaust cam gears, URD comp Y pipe, URD 3" stainless catback, URD traction bars, Stage IV competition clutch, Fidanza aluminum flywheel.
Those are the go-fast goodies. I have lots more interior and what not, but we'll save that for later.
A couple pics.
This is an old picture and it looks a little different now
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/darobinson/x-runner/P9100013.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/darobinson/x-runner/P4270018.jpg
And the supercharger
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/darobinson/P1010016-2.jpg

FiFdYnUtZ
12-16-2009, 05:17 PM
welcome! cool truck..

DustinsDuster
12-16-2009, 05:29 PM
definatly unique- i dig it. welcome to the forums.

FiFdYnUtZ
12-16-2009, 05:34 PM
btw idk if you have seen it but a kid named robbie in cr also has a blue xrunner thats supercharged..

LT1Dan
12-16-2009, 05:35 PM
Welcome! Sweet truck. What's it putting down for HP?

blackx-runner
12-16-2009, 06:10 PM
Glad everyone likes the truck.

btw idk if you have seen it but a kid named robbie in cr also has a blue xrunner thats supercharged..

Yeah I have met Robbie. He actually talked to me this weekend when he was working on getting his new motor put in. I think we are going to get together sometime and tune his.
His supercharger kit is made by the same company, Mine is the newer version with a bigger blower and better electronics.

JacobS
12-16-2009, 08:03 PM
i just love the way those trucks look.

Domestic Disturbance
12-16-2009, 10:14 PM
Good lookin truck, I like the black. Sounds like a decent set of mods, but I have no clue what kind of power/times they do with that. x2 on hp numbers and track times.

NewSpeedSteed
12-16-2009, 11:14 PM
Welcome to IAF
I'd say I hope I see ya around but that's not really geographically possible right now.

McKeever
12-17-2009, 02:25 AM
Hey David, welcome to IAF! It's cool to see that you made it to the track, looks like your pullin down a good mph. So your probably in the 350hp range. Put some sticky tires on you could be one of the few X's in the 12's.

BTW the is Andrew from CT

85XR7Project
12-17-2009, 11:04 AM
Welcome, I always liked those trucks.

Domestic Disturbance
12-17-2009, 02:03 PM
oops didn't see the track time in the sig.

blackx-runner
12-17-2009, 03:49 PM
Hey David, welcome to IAF! It's cool to see that you made it to the track, looks like your pullin down a good mph. So your probably in the 350hp range. Put some sticky tires on you could be one of the few X's in the 12's.

BTW the is Andrew from CT

Have me met? I am not on CT much, but the user name does sound familiar.
Yeah I made it to the track a few times last year. Best run is the one in the sig and the one that broke my clutch. 13.499@105.65. That was on MT ET street radials. I think the 60' was 1.94 or around there. I have some slips with almost a 107 trap mph so I know its got the power to run quicker, but the shit trans toyota put in these things is holding alot back. Not to mention I have only ran a couple times at the track so driver needs some work also. LOL.
As far as HP goes I have never been to a dyno but if I were to guess I would put it high 300's maybe 380 rwhp. I would love to hit up a dyno sometime and see what kind of numbers it is putting down. The URD stage 3 is advertised at 400+, but I doubt I would see that unless I tuned for some 100+ octane.

Jappbox
12-25-2009, 01:40 PM
Welcome to the forums, I installed robbys kit on this x runner, It was missing some parts and I think I should have tuned it as his motor with the pre-tuned software only lasted maybe 20k miles. My friend at toyota was the tech that looked at it when he came in complaning about a "knock" sound.

blackx-runner
12-25-2009, 03:06 PM
Welcome to the forums, I installed robbys kit on this x runner, It was missing some parts and I think I should have tuned it as his motor with the pre-tuned software only lasted maybe 20k miles. My friend at toyota was the tech that looked at it when he came in complaning about a "knock" sound.

Yeah URD was having quite a bit of issues with missing components in the kits, I had the same thing, but luckily caught it before I did the install. They seem to have all that stuff worked out now and I haven't heard any recent complaints about missing parts.
As for the tune mine was running pig rich on the preloaded map. I would see 9.0-9.5 afr at some points. I leaned it out and ran it without issues for ~30k miles before upgrading to the newer kit. I am guessing is that his was similar. Maybe his washed the cylinder walls and blew out some ringlands. I guess they are pretty weak on these motors. I have heard of a couple issues of that happening. Did he ever tear down the motor and see what the damage was? I never really asked him about it, I just know he was having some bad knocking issues.
Hopefully he can get it back up and running and get it tuned. It is a pretty good kit especially with a smaller pulley and good tune.

Sledge_WS6
12-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Welcome to the forums man. My buddy has a 2009 Gun-metal Nissan Titan with a blower on it from the factory, rated 450hp, so it is pretty quick. You gonna be running around much downtown this spring/summer?