PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Winter Beater $500

Clinical
12-05-2009, 09:57 PM
So my laser fucked me over again and I'm fucking through with it.

For some odd reason I still have this kid who offered me 500 for it a long time ago - still willing to give me 500 for it even though I explained its BARELY drivable state so I'm taking it and running if he'll go through with it.

I'm looking for anything that runs/drives without major mechanical issue that at least has heat.

Would love a small truck 2wd or 4x4 or something like a late 80's early 90's F-150 4.9 4x4.

Really anything at this point, ideally a gas sipper or something with a GM 3.8

Deimos
12-06-2009, 07:07 AM
Not picky I can barely get you anything under a grand. You could buy my neon for 200 and drive in reverse everywhere.

Clinical
12-06-2009, 07:55 AM
Eh they do exist.
Someone last year was selling a running/driving geo metro for $300 with minor problems that were all essentially just annoyances.

I'm looking at a 91 tercel 5spd with 177k with nothing wrong minus some dents, wheel well surface rust for $550.

Just waiting for an email back on whether or not heat and stuff works.

DustinsDuster
12-06-2009, 11:48 AM
on the contrary, i just bought Trevor's 4WD Jimmy for $450; other than the rusted body, it hasnt shown me any problems at all, and ive been driving it everywhere. was even able to pull 14mpg from the last tank of gas(mostly city driving, in this cold weather). not too bad at all.

Stutz
12-06-2009, 01:58 PM
I bought my 97 gtp for $500, just needed a trans and a sc coupler. $200 later i got a good winter beater

Clinical
12-06-2009, 07:11 PM
on the contrary, i just bought Trevor's 4WD Jimmy for $450; other than the rusted body, it hasnt shown me any problems at all, and ive been driving it everywhere. was even able to pull 14mpg from the last tank of gas(mostly city driving, in this cold weather). not too bad at all.

Lol I actually fully intended on buying it even though my laser was still somewhat drivable at the time but that was too good of a deal everyone jumped on it haha

sLoWnStEaDy
12-07-2009, 11:29 AM
As soon as I get my cadillac back I might be sellign my Accord I just bought...

Clinical
12-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Keep me posted on price and such if you do - Waiting to see if the shop that did my clutch/tranny will warranty the current problem - left it with them...

If they do - I'll probably still sell it for more cause I'm tired of screwing with it.

Drifte
12-07-2009, 02:40 PM
anything you need for it let me know. I have a ton of dsm parts. And I could probably fix it or atleast diagnose.

Clinical
12-07-2009, 10:11 PM
Not so much this one issue - its the fact I got it for $300 and it has been nothing but a money pit.. If it was a 4g63T I wouldn't feel so shitty for putting money into it - but I put WAY more money into maintaining this than I do maintaining/modding my firebird.

Headgasket is slowly going, massive oil leak that I need to trace down.
Insanely loud lifter tick, tranny grinding in 3rd / 5th. Some wiring all fuckered up thanks to the owner before my mom cutting random wires like the defroster to power his amp and stuff.

It's still a nice looking little car but I'm simply tired of paying so much to keep a simple A->B daily driver.

The only thing that made me fix it the last time was the fact I didn't want to let my first car go - but anymore I really don't care.

If I end up not selling it and junking it instead - I'll part some of it out since there is a lot of stuff on it in great condition.

Mufflover
12-08-2009, 08:26 AM
when i seen this add I thought maybe you where selling your winter beater firebird for $500 I would give you 250 for that turd.

Clinical
12-08-2009, 09:15 AM
when i seen this add I thought maybe you where selling your winter beater firebird for $500 I would give you 250 for that turd.

Lol muff - you really want my car don't you?

Are you still butthurt from the pervert thread?

Mufflover
12-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Yeah,your so funny dude, go put that 500 shot on your turd will you.

sparkles
12-08-2009, 12:17 PM

No, he's butthurt from his big black boyfriend. Muff's the catcher.

Clinical
12-08-2009, 01:46 PM
Yeah,your so funny dude, go put that 500 shot on your turd will you.

I like how serious you think I was being - must be hard to think of anything else haha - I think your jealousy of those of us with cars is getting the better of you these days muff.

No, he's butthurt from his big black boyfriend. Muff's the catcher.

Yeah, betcha he'd drop the soap on purpose

Mufflover
12-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Jesus just do us all a favor and drive that turd into a pole. I am so jealous of your car man.lol

Clinical
12-08-2009, 02:49 PM
You still raging here muff?
I guess forum raging is about all you can do while you always got cock in your mouth

Drifte
12-08-2009, 05:54 PM
I've never seen the 1.8l. If its red I have a full talon tsi kit you could bolt on and make it look nice.

Clinical
12-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Naw its that teal color

Tried to find a decent pic of it but could only find this one with it in the background when I was taking pictures for my Mustang's autotrader ad.

http://i50.tinypic.com/r9fzp4.jpg

I did find out it's being warrantied by the shop that did my clutch since they said they checked the slave cylinder and thought it was okay. Apparently it siezed up or something - not a big deal but either way, a free fix is a free fix. I'm still going to attempt to sell it though - I'm simply tired of dealing with it. Still has too many other issues and I'm done dealing with it.

I'm just happy I'll have a car to drive through this shit at the moment haha.

Silversixspeed
12-10-2009, 09:54 AM
http://waterloo.craigslist.org/cto/1503062572.html

I'll let it go for $600 cash, for a fellow forum member. Does run and drive just fine, blows heat, stops well. Could use some TLC, nothing major.

Chad
952-297-5877

FiFdYnUtZ
12-10-2009, 11:43 AM
^ pretty nice project car!

Clinical
12-10-2009, 12:49 PM
^ pretty nice project car!
You're telling me!

I may be trading the laser for a bronco though - I'll wait and see.

however I will refer my friend to this - as this is about exactly what he wants.. Only problem is his cadillac hasnt sold yet and I'm not sure if he'd be able to get the money together for it.

Silversixspeed
12-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Cool, just send me a PM if your deal doesn't go through, or if your buddy wants it!

Scott
12-11-2009, 11:00 AM
I have a 97 Buick LeSabre with a 3.8 if your interested. got a nice stereo with subs in the trunk, leather, power everything. very reliable car I'd drive it everywhere. Very new tires on it gets around great in the snow and very comfy to drive. Might be a little out of your price range of 500 but if your interested I was thinking around 2200

Clinical
12-11-2009, 11:09 AM
yeah way outa my price range right now.

As of the moment my laser is fixed under warranty and I'm driving it but probably still trading for a bronco as I'm tired of the damn thing