PDA

View Full Version : New Project Bike!

Ricky
11-30-2009, 09:37 AM
I picked this 03 GSX-R 600 up on Sunday. It was crashed between two cars at low speed. My friend was trying to teach a kid to ride and he reved to about 8k and popped the clutch... It started first try and runs perfect. It only needs a headlight and a new faring cage along with new plastics. nothing was bent or broken. Bike never fell over :)

Im not sure what route im taking with it right now with it but it was way too good of a deal to pass up. Im thinking big sprocket and new fairings and a motor cage and using it as a wheelie bike.... im not going to get fairings untill i get good at the wheelies.... dont need to fuck those up too.

I tried to attach photos but it says "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached" What the hell does that mean?

Drifte
11-30-2009, 09:57 AM
I havent been able to attach photos for a while. I suppose I probably caused it too...

krustindumm
11-30-2009, 05:12 PM
www.photobucket.com (http://www.photobucket.com)

and leave the fairings off.

FiFdYnUtZ
11-30-2009, 06:54 PM
a gixxer would look mentally challenged without fairings, unless you went all out and street fightered it or something...

krustindumm
11-30-2009, 11:42 PM
not that much work.

tiny pic
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11080&d=1259631148

new headlight, tail, wire tuck. After that, whatever you want.

Ricky
12-01-2009, 07:31 AM
it look mental right now... but it will smoke the rear tire no problem.... my garage still smells like tires :)

Ricky
12-01-2009, 01:34 PM
http://www.dragsource.net/board/download/file.php?id=582
http://www.dragsource.net/board/download/file.php?id=581
http://www.dragsource.net/board/download/file.php?id=580

FiFdYnUtZ
12-01-2009, 05:00 PM
i need to find me something like that...although i might just tear apart my seca this winter and throw a stupidly expensive paint job on it..

Drifte
12-01-2009, 07:59 PM
black out the spokes only on the back wheel. spoke-less look.

Ricky
01-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Updates

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs185.snc3/19273_579878202989_71806092_33589274_8083828_n.jpg

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs165.snc3/19273_579878058279_71806092_33589273_5304771_n.jpg

K-ville
01-18-2010, 10:14 PM
if you need anything let me know ill hook ya up and send it to ya

Ricky
01-19-2010, 07:53 AM
i still need a right side fairing to finish up the body and the rear break assembly. Then she will be complete.

Im going to put the one down three up sprocket that was on it back on and plug the power comandor back in.

I want to try my hand at painted the whole bike because not all the pieces are the same colors. I have a few neat color ideas.

K-ville
01-19-2010, 08:10 AM
we have some nice body kits that would be cheaper in the long run than gathering up used and painting them all and I probably also have all the brake stuff laying on the shelf for it

sparkles
01-19-2010, 08:35 AM
we have some nice body kits that would be cheaper in the long run than gathering up used and painting them all and I probably also have all the brake stuff laying on the shelf for it

Not the cheap chinese ones right?

Ricky
01-19-2010, 09:08 AM
i only need a ride side now everything else is good to go. i wouldn't mind you pricing out the rear brake assembly.... the last weekend in January i will be in Des Monies i could pick it up then.

Drifte
01-19-2010, 09:29 AM
wind screen sans fairing ftw. paint it silver with black wheels and drop it off at my address...

Ricky
01-19-2010, 09:38 AM
i was thinking bright orange or all white with glow in the dark clear coat......

Ricky
01-19-2010, 09:40 AM
I do like the idea of silver colton... might have to keep that as an option too.

K-ville
01-19-2010, 10:42 AM

not those fiberglass and plastic ones these are injection molded ABS plastic. there not oem by anymeans but a full kit for the price of one new panel is worth it

K-ville
01-19-2010, 10:44 AM
i only need a ride side now everything else is good to go. i wouldn't mind you pricing out the rear brake assembly.... the last weekend in January i will be in Des Monies i could pick it up then.

what do you mean by assembly? caliper? caliper and brake line? Or the pedal assembly and and the whole deal??

Ricky
01-19-2010, 11:07 AM

what do you mean by assembly? caliper? caliper and brake line? Or the pedal assembly and and the whole deal??

well the pedal and peg for sure and i might need the rest too because the rear brake never worked

K-ville
01-19-2010, 04:45 PM
i searched a little today and didnt find anything but im almost sure we have everything for it. we are remodeling so everything thats usually labled on a self is all in a tower of boxes :Hangman: but ill look hard tomorow

sparkles
01-19-2010, 04:55 PM

not those fiberglass and plastic ones these are injection molded ABS plastic. there not oem by anymeans but a full kit for the price of one new panel is worth it

All I know is the new set Dan picked up for his F4 from you guys was junk. The goddamn seat opening wasn't even the same shape as the seat, none of the holes were drilled, and nothing seemed to line up right.

K-ville
01-19-2010, 05:16 PM

All I know is the new set Dan picked up for his F4 from you guys was junk. The goddamn seat opening wasn't even the same shape as the seat, none of the holes were drilled, and nothing seemed to line up right.
thats becuase he put 04 plastic on a older bike... and he told us he liked it

sparkles
01-19-2010, 05:48 PM

thats becuase he put 04 plastic on a older bike... and he told us he liked it

Ahh...that would be a good reason then. I know he was pretty excited when I gave him the money for the Bandit so he could finish the Honda. He went down the same day I believe. I knew he was kinda in a hurry, but I had no idea it wasn't even for that bike.

K-ville
01-19-2010, 05:54 PM
yup he liked the newer body style better and new ahead it would take some extra work and i think it looks pretty good but i wouldnt have done it myself. when it comes to plastic stock is cock but for that kinda money those kits arent bad

Ricky
01-19-2010, 07:00 PM
how much are the fairing kits?

K-ville
01-19-2010, 07:11 PM
vary a little depending on paint style but around 650 to 800 but i will make anyone on here a better deal. heres a link to some of the paint choices i can show you more if your intrested

Ricky
01-19-2010, 09:14 PM
its a good price... but i already have the other parts. just need one right side front fairing. im painting it myself and seeing what happens..... this is my test bike you could say

K-ville
01-19-2010, 09:19 PM
i dont think i have a side that old but ill check that also tomorow

RWSBIRD
01-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Looks like a neat project. Always fun messing with bikes.

krustindumm
01-23-2010, 01:04 AM
fairings ftl, sport bikes aren't for touring, and aero is for the track. It's like a wing on a rice rocket, there's no reason for it, so it's gay.

K-ville
01-23-2010, 11:07 AM
im sure your bike has nothing to do with that opinion

krustindumm
01-23-2010, 12:47 PM
im sure your bike has nothing to do with that opinion

Ya got it backwards. The 599 is not the cause of the opinion, the opinion is the reason I only have naked bikes.

K-ville
01-23-2010, 02:01 PM
so what your saying is that my statement was actually right....

but regardless im only messin with you i like everything just dont like it when people preach the only thing worth having is what they ride. there are tons and tons of great bikes out there in all shapes and sizes i personally prefer slammed stretched liter bikes but that does not mean they are the only thing worth riding... but i know thats not what your saying

krustindumm
01-23-2010, 04:09 PM
so what your saying is that my statement was actually right....

but regardless im only messin with you i like everything just dont like it when people preach the only thing worth having is what they ride. there are tons and tons of great bikes out there in all shapes and sizes i personally prefer slammed stretched liter bikes but that does not mean they are the only thing worth riding... but i know thats not what your saying

I thought you meant the other way around. Like I just happened to get a 599, so I started sack-riding naked bikes.

All bikes do have their place. I should try to get some pictures of the bikes down here, there are a ton of chromed-out 'drag' style 'busas. A few that I've seen are nearly unrideable, so low that the guys can hardly make right turns at intersections...It makes no sense to me, but whatever, two-wheels are still better than four. I actually have a slammed, stretched, liter bike. It's naked too.

OK, it's not really slammed or stretched, it was just long and low from the factory.

K-ville
01-23-2010, 04:10 PM
i like murderd out 1000's not much on chrome anything

sparkles
01-23-2010, 07:48 PM
+1 on the naked look.

K-ville
01-23-2010, 07:53 PM
gee what do ya know another guy with a stock fairingless bike haha j/k

sparkles
01-23-2010, 08:04 PM
:biggrin: I'm kinda in the same boat though. I've had or ridden just about every type of bike there is aside from a trike (not a bike imo), but I still like the streetfighter naked look. Hence the reason I own one now.

krustindumm
01-23-2010, 11:37 PM
:biggrin: I'm kinda in the same boat though. I've had or ridden just about every type of bike there is aside from a trike (not a bike imo), but I still like the streetfighter naked look. Hence the reason I own one now.

Whachugot?

krustindumm
01-23-2010, 11:39 PM
gee what do ya know another guy with a stock fairingless bike haha j/k

hey hey, while my 'long and low' bike was naked from the factory, it wasn't when I got it. I did rip the fairing off, that's gotta count for something.

K-ville
01-24-2010, 09:30 AM
sparky has a bandit which is a fav of mind once you build the motor put a gsxr head on it and stretch and slam it. 1200 only buy the way

sparkles
01-24-2010, 09:34 AM

Whachugot?

Nothing special. Just a naked Bandit. Not the fastest thing in the world, but it's a helluva lot more comfortable to ride on than my CBR1000F or F4I I had. Kinda had to go that route due to the wife wanting something she was comfortable riding on. First bike I've had since my buddy was killed a few years ago. It put a bad taste in my mouth as far as bikes are concerned for quite a while.
http://www.dragsource.net/board/download/file.php?id=503

Drifte
01-24-2010, 10:02 AM
heres my wheels
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs262.snc1/8927_567586061539_71802238_33199704_4174955_n.jpg

Ricky
02-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Got all the parts now. Just need to paint one side and start screwing the body back on the bike. Need light bulbs for the head light and new rear sets still but all in all she will be done next month for sure!

I picked up a tinted blue wind shield, chain, -1 +3 sprocket kit and a power commander for the bike for $40 im going to throw those on there too. should be a fun little bike when im done with it. I will have to do some pricing and see what i can sell it for. There is just a TON of GSXR's for sale right now.