PDA

View Full Version : Turbo compound 5.4l at the track

69gt4speed
11-29-2009, 05:58 PM
Full weight gt500 w 3.89's 9", 6 speed 22# boost hellion kit at the track on drag radials. 9.49 @ 151 mph. It has a stock s/c + the tt. Anyway what I see it doesn't really need a 2 step to launch w a manual. That's +4000# btw. Yea he's racing some dragster. This is a new setup so better times should be in store. Correction 30/32# boost total. Stock heads and cams.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS-fJz2i ... _embedded# (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS-fJz2ih7M&feature=player_embedded#)

XR4LIFE
11-29-2009, 08:47 PM
looks like one fast street car....

69gt4speed
11-30-2009, 04:30 AM
First compound car at track far as I know w a vid. A 151 mph is making good power w a +4k# car. So car can make some low end pwr w decent top end. Usually a turbo stick falls on its face w/o a 2 step function on launch. Slicks and weight reduction could break 8's w a stick.

JacobS
11-30-2009, 10:29 AM
dang, that was cool. badass driver too!

69gt4speed
12-01-2009, 12:40 AM
I just wish all the other car noise was not there...Guy suppose to redo the exhaust as not really good. We'll see.

sparkles
12-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Pics of the turbo setup?

stangvortech
12-02-2009, 08:31 PM
damn that is crazy...

69gt4speed
12-02-2009, 11:24 PM
Pics of the turbo setup?

I'll see what i can find out, I'm sure it's close to the 03 setup. Like you saw it can run w a stick w/o a 2 step ok. No turbo stick esp w a heavy car can do that. otherwise w a auto just dump the s/c unless tire burnouts are your deal.
dyno graph of this gt500 at 32#.
http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/images/graph.small.jpg
Here's the kit and pics..
http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/inde ... cle&id=140 (http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=140)

sparkles
12-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Those pics are not a compound setup. Just a sequential. Usually a compound setup involves one turbo feeding the other, if I'm not mistaken.

black88gt
12-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Those pics are not a compound setup. Just a sequential. Usually a compound setup involves one turbo feeding the other, if I'm not mistaken.

compound as in it retains the stock blower. turbos feed blower.

stangvortech
12-03-2009, 08:15 PM
haha sparkels u are a tard. google it it is supercharger+turbo=compound boost....... as in the boost of each power adder multiplies each other. Like 6psi from a blower times 6psi from a turbo = 36psi.

sparkles
12-03-2009, 08:26 PM
haha sparkels u are a tard. google it it is supercharger+turbo=compound boost....... as in the boost of each power adder multiplies each other. Like 6psi from a blower times 6psi from a turbo = 36psi.

I wasn't thinking about the blower, dipshit. Was just looking at the pics of the turbos under the car. Use some common sense twat waffle. Looks less douchey.

stangvortech
12-03-2009, 08:42 PM
If you were not thinking about the supercharger you are the dipshit.

FiFdYnUtZ
12-03-2009, 08:53 PM
i thought it was pretty commonplace to know that the hellion compound setups retain the factory blower....shit, even your local vito runs it...i would think in all your infinite wisdom you would know that

69gt4speed
12-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Anyway... the new stangs are big enough to package 2 small turbos under the car. I heard a rumor the newest stangs will be a lil wider... Why... answer.. to package a 6.2/ 7l 4v. Then add tt underneath like this and you have +1k whp on pump gas or 850 w a s/c pump gas.. To top that off rumor is flex fuel. e98 to 93 oct. So that means big/twin injectors, pumps etc.

sparkles
12-04-2009, 07:41 PM
i thought it was pretty commonplace to know that the hellion compound setups retain the factory blower....shit, even your local vito runs it...i would think in all your infinite wisdom you would know that

Really? I couldn't see it. Must be one of those new fangled ones then.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk276/ericksonb06/Cars/IMG_6664.jpg

Enlighten me on where the blower is there tough guy. Either that or use what little of a brain you have before you open your mouth.

Point being not all of the Hellion kits retain the blower. At a certain level, the S/C becomes a restriction. I assumed this would be one of those conditions, considering the only picture I saw of the setup on there was under the car with 2 turbos (not feeding each other) I questioned it.

FiFdYnUtZ
12-04-2009, 08:21 PM
i understand that, but when the phrase "compound boost" is said in relation to a hellion kit, it becomes pretty fucking obvious that it still has the blower...dont get all butt hurt and try to sound smart after you made a stupid comment..

sparkles
12-04-2009, 08:32 PM
i understand that, but when the phrase "compound boost" is said in relation to a hellion kit, it becomes pretty fucking obvious that it still has the blower...dont get all butt hurt and try to sound smart after you made a stupid comment..

You really are an ignorant fuck. How am I "trying to look smart"? You posted something retarded. I posted a pic about something that YOU specifically mentioned, informing you that you're a moron and have no idea what you're talking about.

The only butt hurt one here is you due to your late night romps with your boyfriend. One simple "question type comment" didn't need your Ddub comments. Please explain to me where in this picture that I looked at that you would call it a compound setup.
http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/images/stories/GT500gallery/IMG_5582.JPG

Yes, obviously I didn't look at the other pics before stating it didn't look like a compound setup. MY BAD. BFD.

BTW, you should probably get to work on your dime a dozen pile of FBody instead of critiquing every post I make.

FiFdYnUtZ
12-04-2009, 11:45 PM
lol wow, i am completely done replying to your asinine posts....im not the only one by any means that thinks your a fucking retard, so take a hint, and go get your "ladies" with your sick nasty TPI and keep your ignorant BS off this site...

you think i dont realize that any turbo setup can be run by itself or through the supercharger? you looked at that picture that had several others RIGHT NEXT TO IT showing a blower, your big dog local runs the same setup, etc...you should know this in all your shit dont stink wisdom but no, you made a stupid fucking comment, got called out on it, and now your trying to save it, but making a seriously weak attempt....get over yourself and GTFO, we already have mufflover, we dont need your shit too...

Domestic Disturbance
12-05-2009, 12:43 AM
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk276/ericksonb06/Cars/IMG_6664.jpg

That vitos car? I was under the impression it was a compound hellion car too. I love the wripple finished valve covers and coil relocation. Very clean

sparkles
12-05-2009, 10:22 AM
lol wow, i am completely done replying to your asinine posts....im not the only one by any means that thinks your a fucking retard, so take a hint, and go get your "ladies" with your sick nasty TPI and keep your ignorant BS off this site...

you think i dont realize that any turbo setup can be run by itself or through the supercharger? you looked at that picture that had several others RIGHT NEXT TO IT showing a blower, your big dog local runs the same setup, etc...you should know this in all your shit dont stink wisdom but no, you made a stupid fucking comment, got called out on it, and now your trying to save it, but making a seriously weak attempt....get over yourself and GTFO, we already have mufflover, we dont need your shit too...

Thank you. After this, I think I am too. Unless you start to come up with something a little more witty. You're not even making it fun any more. Just half assed attempts (go figure. just like everything else that you have a hand in.)

My previous post still stands. If you want to pick it apart and come up with anything in it that I said that doesn't jive, knock yourself out and let me know. I posted a pic of my "big dog local" with no S/C, yet you make a dumb ass comment saying he does. God, you really are a sheltered Ddub. Keep it up waffle.

I guess I still need to remind you beings how you keep wanting to comment on it, that I don't give a fuck what anyone on this site, or any other, thinks of me. I'm not here to make friends, and if I was, it certainly wouldn't be with some Ddubbing, cock goblin like you. You got a problem with the god's gift to the automotive world with the TPI? Bring it to DM tonight. I got something for ya. :neener: Or should we add this to YOUR punk out tally?

sparkles
12-05-2009, 10:29 AM
the boost of each power adder multiplies each other. Like 6psi from a blower times 6psi from a turbo = 36psi.

BTW this is the DUMBEST thing I've ever heard. I'm not even gonna start to pick this apart. I'll just let you do some research on what you were TRYING to get across and let you humble yourself. Just a little hint...you don't multiply the boost outputs against each other. You add them together and subtract the ambient Barometric pressure or something like that. Tell you what, I'll do some research later and see if I can find a calculator for you.

FiFdYnUtZ
12-05-2009, 10:43 AM
ddubing cock goblin is only funny the first couple times, but every post? come on...and do you honestly think i am going to drive my car across the state to race you? i was pretty obvious when i said if you wanna race, show up at cfr the day of the uncle T race...my car is under the knife/in storage anyway now....

sparkles
12-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Then don't call me out. End of discussion.

Oh, I'll leave the name calling out of it if you're getting all butt hurt about it. That is until you decide you want to start with it again.

stangvortech
12-05-2009, 05:18 PM
Vitos car was a hellraiser car. It had the supercharger on there last year. It was to big of a tuing issue what I hear so it took it off. I have a pic of it but dont feel like looking for it.

allgo
12-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Vitos car was a hellraiser car. It had the supercharger on there last year. It was to big of a tuing issue what I hear so it took it off. I have a pic of it but dont feel like looking for it.

Yes Vito used to run the kit does not anymore.

69gt4speed
12-05-2009, 11:52 PM
A stalled auto doesn't need compound to launch. It will build boost with a proper stalled converter cause engine is loaded.