PDA

View Full Version : WTF is up with SunLine?

sLoWnStEaDy
11-27-2009, 01:28 PM
OK, I know this is pretty much a worthless thread as it won't change anything but what the fuck is up with Sunline and their CRAZY ASS PRICES?

I was doing the brakes on the Bravada today and the bleeder valve on the drivers rear caliper stripped out so I have to replace the whole caliper... I called K's Acres and they wanted $20 if I pull it or $25 if they pull it. I was like cool, I'll swing out and grab one, however right after that call they called me back saying they had actualy just crushed the vehicle I was going ot pull it off of so they no longer hove one. So I called AutoZone, O'reilly and Advance. All of them where selling them for like $35~. Then I decided to call SunLine and ask them... they wanted $85 EACH I told them brand new they are less than $40 and he said "Then I guess you'll be buying a new one huh?" and hung up on me...
A couple months back I was looking for a supercharger hat for the SuperCoupe, again I called them and they said they had one so I asked a price and they said $300!!! for a fukking blower top!! I told them they where obviously confused about what I was talking about and explained it to them again and they're like "yeah, those are super rare cars, good luck finding one cheaper." I ended up getting one for $15 and seen a TON around the $10-$30 price range...
Slightly more recently I also called them to see about a Factory CD player for my sister Loncoln, they wanted $250!! K's sold me one for $35 and from the fukkin dealership they where just under $200....

I guess I am wondering how the hell a junk yard with such INSANELY high prices on everything is getting the kind of business they do? Only thing I can think of is that the majority of there stuff goes to repair shops and/or body shops... Oh, and when I took my 1991 S10 there (DROVE the thing there) they gave me fukkin $20 for it and then got pissy when I yanked the battery on my way out... point being I fukkin HATE Sunline!

Deimos
11-27-2009, 02:45 PM
stop dealing with them then

sLoWnStEaDy
11-27-2009, 02:59 PM
I don't deal with them... I have never purchased anything from them due to the fact they are so OUTRAGEOUSLY PRICED!

NewSpeedSteed
11-27-2009, 04:05 PM
I had one run in with them. Was going to buy a '06 Sentra SE-R Spec V from them, listed (price they ran in the paper) was $12k. Flash forward 2 months when the car was finished (had been wrecked and they restored it completely, but it had a salvaged title and they wanted $16k.

I knew at the time that was about the price they were going for on the dealer lots at the time. I told them that they were nuts wanting top price for a salvage title car, even though it had a new paint job and was really in mint condition. Long story short, I walked away and have never went back... place is a joke.

krustindumm
11-27-2009, 06:55 PM
I'll agree, the only thing I ever got from them was a fuel pump assembly, and I payed $30 less than new only because they had it in stock.

JustinS
11-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Those cockgobblers at SunLine suck! I have had nothing but pleasant experiences at K's Acres. That old guy behind the counter is a hoot!

ZEE
11-29-2009, 04:26 PM
Used get stuff at K's acres and was always good there. Went to sunline once and they were uncooperative so never went there again. The one out by Atkins I always liked too.

SaNdMaNsSi
11-29-2009, 08:08 PM
One out by Atkins became Duffields, and it slowly got worse and worse like they never got any new inventory. Then by leaps and bounds they were crushing everything they had. Last time I called they had a message saying they are now salvage only and don't sell to the public.

FiFdYnUtZ
11-29-2009, 08:21 PM
^ i heard the same thing

K-ville
11-29-2009, 08:44 PM
id have to ship the stuff to you but i have a level 4 account at the shop so a 40 dollar caliper would cost me like 15 bucks... let me know ill get ya a deal

JustinS
11-29-2009, 09:12 PM
One out by Atkins became Duffields, and it slowly got worse and worse like they never got any new inventory. Then by leaps and bounds they were crushing everything they had. Last time I called they had a message saying they are now salvage only and don't sell to the public.
yeah, they went down hill....fast

sLoWnStEaDy
11-29-2009, 10:34 PM
id have to ship the stuff to you but i have a level 4 account at the shop so a 40 dollar caliper would cost me like 15 bucks... let me know ill get ya a deal

shit, for $35 bucks I just bought a new one with a lifetie warranty! Thanks Though

SaNdMaNsSi
11-29-2009, 11:40 PM

I'm in CR and our shop has always used Sunline....I too can get anyone a deal, but Sunline is still out to make money. Some parts are extremely reasonable, others are better bought new.

Drifte
11-30-2009, 07:35 AM
My story isnt great but I used to hang out at Sunline in the shop sometimes with a friend of mine who worked their and his dad was part owner. One day I stopped in to see if they had a 1g maf, the guy behind the counter was rude and said $300. Then I told him I had a car that was basically a shell if they wanted it for metal. As my friend had just recently told me metal went up and they made more scrapping them then parting them. The guy was a complete jerk about it saying why would we want that etc. I havent gone back either, but I know they have accounts with big business'. When I worked at Sears we got a few parts from them to help out some customers who needed wheels or really needed help.

K-ville
11-30-2009, 12:55 PM

I'm in CR and our shop has always used Sunline....I too can get anyone a deal, but Sunline is still out to make money. Some parts are extremely reasonable, others are better bought new.

im know nothing about them so im not saying anything i was just offering to get him new lifetime stuff half the price of walkin