PDA

View Full Version : YAY!

sLoWnStEaDy
11-23-2009, 12:55 PM
Finaly get to start putting everything in! in the process of a 4th order for the cadillac and some 8500 10"s that will be ported through the armrest but decided to get a jump start on a couple of my other little audio projects. There is more not pictured but this is the majority of it other than the components and such, still waiting on my other Fusion 2500... Not trying to get too crazy with this one... about 6Kw rms total...

I found those batteries for $75 SHIPPED each... INSANE!! they are brand new with warranty and everything, they usualy sell for $300+ each! They had 22 total, I bought 6 and then posted them on caraudio.com/forum and within about an hour they where completely sold out and to thank me, I got two of my 6 FREE, the other four I have already sold for $200 shipped/ea :bigthumb:

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4388/112309001.jpg
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/2238/112309003.jpg
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/3017/112309004.jpg
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/1489/112309005.jpg
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/1109/112309006.jpg

FiFdYnUtZ
11-23-2009, 12:59 PM
pretty sweet...badass deal on the batteries, that was pretty stand up of them to reimburse you for selling all their stuff!

sLoWnStEaDy
11-23-2009, 01:05 PM
yeah, it was cool... then the next day I bought a computer monitor
DoubleSight 24" - widescreen TFT active matrix LCD display w/ Stereo speakers, USB hub from them for $80~ shipped... looked around and they are selling for $600 online... that should be here wednesday...

JacobS
11-23-2009, 04:17 PM
just out of curiosity, is this how you make a living? or do you have a job? you always seem to be selling and buying stuff lol

Drifte
11-23-2009, 06:17 PM
Keep us updAted looks like a lot of fun. A Lot of work but fun.

sLoWnStEaDy
11-23-2009, 06:31 PM
just out of curiosity, is this how you make a living? or do you have a job? you always seem to be selling and buying stuff lol

That god REALLY long... to make it shorter; stock/bonds, painting, stereo installs, antique furniture restoration, buying/selling anything I can make money on etc... I work REALLY hard for about 6 months (like april~ to October~ depending) painting houses which usualy earns me about $50K in those six months. that is enough for us to live on when added to Skyes $25K~ and all the extra money I make in the "off season" doing my own stuff....

I think I am going to get started on the install tomorow, first thing is to put my 7" touch screen DVD player in the cadillac (Phase Linear UV9). then on to all of these goodies then whenever my Air Suspension kit gets here for the cadillac I get to do that! then I am redoing the RX-7 and working on the SuperCoupe. All of this on top of us HOPEFULY moving into a new place here shortly....

Mufflover
11-24-2009, 07:29 AM
Thats a sweet deal man.

sLoWnStEaDy
11-30-2009, 10:13 PM
never updated this at all huh...

not too much to say really, I got it installed and decided to just you a line out converter for now. Sucks when the bass hits really hard it skips liek hell being a factory deck and all. I just used the 15" i built and the box I built for the cadillac for now but I am building a new 18" with an Atomic APX motor and a nice mixture of other goodies. Will be building a nice box for the Bravada with changeable ports so I can run a 32hz tuning for daily and a 40hz~ for SPL comps. I could see this getting me in the 150dB club next year!

Just with the 15" on 2Kw~ I did a 145.7 on music and that box is pretty shitty as it was thrown together at the last minute and everything. so switching to an 18", and running 5Kw+ should for sure get me the 150dB I crave next year! Whenever I get my cadillac back it will be getting a 4th order bandpass ported through the rear seat armrest hole with a pair of MTX 8500 10"s and about 1500~. Trying to keep that a smaller setup so I have room for all the air suspension stuff back there too. the 300A alt, Big3, and two runs of 1/0 should be more than enough for 2Kw~ rms (sub amp plus the 125 rms going to each speaker) I will be running in there... pictures/videos whenever my depressed ass gets around to it. I MISS MY CADILLAC!!!!! poor thing is sitting outside in the cold, unlocked surrounded by busted ass hondas and pontiacs and crap!

sLoWnStEaDy
12-01-2009, 06:12 PM
couple quick shitty videos, setup sucks as it was built for the cadillac and is tuned to 40hz~. It is louder than the same setup was in my cadillac but that is to be expected. can't wait to throw the 18" in there tuned to 32hz~ and get some flex! tried to play some tones and bass tracks but the stock deck just skips WAY too much when the bass comes on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSoqIea9xXc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szmrdTU5W8g

FiFdYnUtZ
12-01-2009, 06:25 PM
damn! your gunna shake the doors off that thing! haha it takes me back to my stereo days!

sLoWnStEaDy
12-01-2009, 06:30 PM
damn! your gunna shake the doors off that thing! haha it takes me back to my stereo days!

LOL... that is nothing compared to what it will do when I get the lower tuning in there! Busted my trunk latch in the cadillac twice with this same sub in 4.5ft^3 @ 30hz on 4Kw. Also snapped teh rear view mirror and popped some plastic clips out LOL...

FiFdYnUtZ
12-01-2009, 07:08 PM
haha, yeah with that low of hz, you will get quite a bit of major movement, i used to tune mine to like 54hz (does that sound right?) but i was more about sound quality..

sLoWnStEaDy
12-01-2009, 10:09 PM
54hz sounds really high if it is a slot port. That would be a good tuning for a 4th order but for SQ using a slot port, most people run in the 30-35hz range. that's why I want ot go 32hz for a daily tuning and 40hz for when I do my comps. Usualy SPL competitors tune higher, like Nates (owner of Automotive Electronics) Metro is tuned to like 60hz IIRC with his SOLO X 18"...

FiFdYnUtZ
12-02-2009, 12:30 PM
yeah, but im sure the tuning of 10's and 12's is a different story then 18's and such lol...

sLoWnStEaDy
12-02-2009, 12:53 PM
nope.... a tuning frequency is the same no matter what size the drivers. for example teh 8"s in my RX7 are tuned to 36hz, the 15"s and 18"s I run depending on the application (spl comps. or daily driver or a combination) are all between 32-40 hz. You really don't see much over 40hz unless it is an SPL competition appliction only as they are what we call "fart boxes". Meaning they get high scores on teh TermLab but sound like shit and isn't something you'd want to actualy listen to.

however the 4th order bandpass going in the cadillac (if I ever get the bitch out of the impound lot) will be tuned to around 55hz but bandpass boxes are a completely different beast as far as tuning goes.

FiFdYnUtZ
12-02-2009, 02:28 PM
hmm learn something everyday! haha...i was by no means a cometition level stereo guy, just liked to scare the shit out of people from time to time lol

sLoWnStEaDy
12-02-2009, 02:43 PM
hmm learn something everyday! haha...i was by no means a cometition level stereo guy, just liked to scare the shit out of people from time to time lol

thats always fun. I like to turn it up a little bit and put it on a 45hz tone (where my car peakes) and the shut the car off right away. Then I ask someone to move my car or just wait for Skye to get in it at like 6am the next morning LOL.... works EVERY time!
Well, my dad punched me in the chest once but... totaly worth it!

FiFdYnUtZ
12-02-2009, 03:53 PM
LMAO nice!