PDA

View Full Version : dyno day?

dsmtuner
11-18-2009, 02:42 AM
was wondering if there would be any amount of people down to go to a dyno after winter time and make a huge event out of it. let me know!

slo4cyl
11-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Im goin to dyno in the spring, i'll probably head up to MAPerformance

dsmtuner
11-19-2009, 09:22 PM
well we should get a bunch of people to go!

Clinical
11-19-2009, 09:30 PM
I really can't see a need to take my car to a dyno... but I suppose if enough people went I'd go.

sLoWnStEaDy
11-19-2009, 09:45 PM
I'm down.... might have a couple to dyno this spring if my winter projects go according to plan!

DustinsDuster
11-20-2009, 02:11 PM
we were trying to get a Dyno day together at Trent's place months back, but it never came to fruition. perhaps if more people wanted to do it, and actually put money down, Trent would be willing to give us a group rate or something.

dsmtuner
11-22-2009, 11:00 PM
we were trying to get a Dyno day together at Trent's place months back, but it never came to fruition. perhaps if more people wanted to do it, and actually put money down, Trent would be willing to give us a group rate or something.

am done long as its after winter

blackx-runner
12-18-2009, 01:15 PM
I'd be down for a dyno day in the spring if it's still in the plans.

Clinical
12-18-2009, 02:38 PM
I'd definitely be down now - interested to see what the talon makes

Xboosted23X
12-18-2009, 09:12 PM
I'd be down for MA or AMS. Got to see what the new car will do.

Domestic Disturbance
12-19-2009, 09:17 AM
I'd be down, like always. If we were going as far as chicago though, I'd be going to speed inc or FLP and get a tune. Somewhere more local like black widow or something would be the easiest I would imagine if people are just wanting to see numbers they are making.

SLVR7
12-19-2009, 09:56 AM
If you guys are interested in getting a dyno/tuning session together, I am going to be flying in Steve Kan sometime in the spring. Here is a list of the ems's I know for sure he tunes. Steve is a well known and EXCELLENT tuner

F.A.S.T. and F.A.S.T. XFI
Accel Gen 7
AEM EMS
AEM (FIC) Fuel/Ignition Controller
MoTec M4, M48, M400, M600, M800 and M880
Mircotech LT8, LT10, LT12
Autronic SMC, SM2 and SM4
Hydra EMS
Tec 3
Wolf EMS
Cobb Accessport for Rx8 ONLY
Megasquirt
Pro EFI
Haltech E6X(K), F10X, E6GMX, E8, E11v2 and Platinum (350Z)
Haltech F10 Fuel Controller
Haltech Interceptor and Miniceptor
Dynojet Power Commander / all models
GReddy Emanage and Emanage Ultimate
Hondata S300 and K-Pro
Turbo XS UTEC
MAF Translator Pro, MAF Translator GenII and MAF Translator
DSM Link
A'PEXi Power FC/FC Edit
SAFC or VAFC
HP Tuners
EcuFlash for Subaru and Mitsubishi vehicles

His web site is Kantuning.com. If there is any interest let me know. Also if you have an ems not listed, I can ask Steve if he can tune it.

Simon Cowell
12-26-2009, 04:27 PM
slvr7: What dyno are you going to? What car are you taking to the dyno and what kind of power do you expect? What other cars are lined up?

SLVR7
12-27-2009, 02:13 PM
Will either use a dyno in Center Point or Des Moines, depends on the majority vote. I'll be taking my 94 rx-7, looking for 550-600 horse. I already put down 435 on a superflow(about 470 on an inflate-a-jet), on a 35r. I'm going to put on a reworked s366 and shoot for 550ish. As far as other cars, no one will commit right now. Typical, everyone wants to wait to the last minute and try to sneak in, or they don't see the value in having a real tuner instead of a wanna be.

sparkles
12-27-2009, 03:29 PM
Will either use a dyno in Center Point or Des Moines, depends on the majority vote. I'll be taking my 94 rx-7, looking for 550-600 horse. I already put down 435 on a superflow(about 470 on an inflate-a-jet), on a 35r. I'm going to put on a reworked s366 and shoot for 550ish. As far as other cars, no one will commit right now. Typical, everyone wants to wait to the last minute and try to sneak in, or they don't see the value in having a real tuner instead of a wanna be.

When did you do those upgrades? What's the deal with Phish's motor?

SLVR7
12-27-2009, 05:21 PM
The 35r has been on there for 4 or 5 yrs, the new setup is going to be built this winter. Phish needs to change out the ecu and get a good tune.

sparkles
12-27-2009, 08:02 PM
The 35r has been on there for 4 or 5 yrs, the new setup is going to be built this winter. Phish needs to change out the ecu and get a good tune.

Ahh...I thought you were still running the twins when I ran you. Didn't know he had the new motor back yet. Is it all in and running yet on stock ECU?

Xboosted23X
12-27-2009, 09:13 PM
I and a few others will be in need of a AWD dyno. I just need a flash, my car is nothing great.

SLVR7
12-27-2009, 09:19 PM

Ahh...I thought you were still running the twins when I ran you. Didn't know he had the new motor back yet. Is it all in and running yet on stock ECU?

You have never ran me. No i'm not running a stock ecu either, you must have me confused with someone else.

SLVR7
12-27-2009, 09:21 PM
I and a few others will be in need of a AWD dyno. I just need a flash, my car is nothing great.

If you are serious I will set something up.

Clinical
12-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Yeah if this actually went down I'd need an AWD dyno too

SLVR7
12-28-2009, 05:55 PM
I'm looking to make this happen mid to late May. Steve's weekends fill up fast,so we need to decide on a date. The only awd dynos I know of are in Des Moines or the Quad Cities, anyone else know of 1 closer? It takes five cars to get Steve to come,counting you 2 I think there are 7 interested.

Xboosted23X
12-28-2009, 08:51 PM
what AWD dyno is in Des Moines. I was thinking early spring like March. I will just go to MAP or AMS on my own

TbTalon94
12-28-2009, 09:07 PM
the dyno in des moines is only 2wd.

AutoMods
12-28-2009, 09:19 PM
You have never ran me. No i'm not running a stock ecu either, you must have me confused with someone else.

He may not have ran you but I did back in the good old days, must have been like 7 years ago or so on Dunkerton road, cops came out. I have a video of it. I got you in barely in the quarter but you were gaining ground. Let me know when you want to redeem yourself Ryan ;)

I'm game for the dyno with my rx7, I prefer center point because its closest and its a nice dyno, but if the awd'ers are going I can do quad cities or Des Moines too.

I tune with EFILive very similar to HP Tuners. I don't really need the tuner to tune for me but if its cheap I'd be up for him to take a look at the tune and try and tweak it. How much does he charge?

Ryan

SLVR7
12-28-2009, 09:43 PM
I thought one of the dynos in Des Moines was awd, guess not.

Ryan, I'm down to try again, I've managed to be a little quicker. I would prefer Center Point too, the Superflow is more accurate and has a very good brake system for tuning driveability. Steve usually charges 450,but if he doesn't have to do much he will probably only charge 200.

Clinical
12-28-2009, 10:25 PM
Hopefully I can get my DSM link set up all ready by the time this happens if it does

Drifte
12-29-2009, 12:33 PM
Hopefully I can get my DSM link set up all ready by the time this happens if it does
If you want DSMlink give me a call at work we'll get you hooked up. My boss was trying to get me to buy it for a long time.

TbTalon94
12-29-2009, 02:24 PM

If you need help tuning it, drop me a line.

Clinical
12-29-2009, 02:34 PM
If you want DSMlink give me a call at work we'll get you hooked up. My boss was trying to get me to buy it for a long time.

Alright sounds good :)

I'm hoping to get it around February/March.

lovemychevys
01-31-2010, 08:45 PM
Not sure if this is still on, but i would like a dyno run not sure who to go to, and im carbed, dont need much tunning just want a few passes

Ricky
02-02-2010, 09:47 AM

I feel like it would be hard not to buy it..... looking at parts all day with a boss selling them.... i talked to him for 20 min and picking up stuff for brent and bought stuff.

Hes good. lol.

Drifte
02-02-2010, 12:01 PM
lol yea, hes good.

AutoMods
02-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Thanks. Although I don't try to sell like a cars salesmen. I like to sell necessary stuff regardess of profit. I've told customers many times that they don't need to buy certain parts for their horsepower goals. I've told many customers that they should buy dsmlink over aem even though I make profit more selling an aem.

On colton's case, I was just going to sell dsmlink to him at cost but he just did not want to go fast ;)

Ryan

DustinsDuster
02-02-2010, 07:51 PM
when my truck gets to that point, i'll probably hit you guys up for DSMLink- sounds like the way to go.

Ricky
02-03-2010, 09:24 AM
Thanks. Although I don't try to sell like a cars salesmen. I like to sell necessary stuff regardess of profit. I've told customers many times that they don't need to buy certain parts for their horsepower goals. I've told many customers that they should buy dsmlink over aem even though I make profit more selling an aem.

On colton's case, I was just going to sell dsmlink to him at cost but he just did not want to go fast ;)

Ryan

Very true. you only sold me gauge pod after i told you i was over boosting and couldnt watch by boost.

I hate my clutch right now so after i sell my project bike i will want a new clutch and flywheel. i'll hit you up later

slo4cyl
02-05-2010, 08:47 AM

Ryan

So what were you doin when you were tryin to sell me that NX kit? Glad i got out of there that night without a bottle under my arm :neener:

AutoMods
02-05-2010, 11:50 AM
thats because you were wearing a fast and furious t-shirt when you came in

slo4cyl
02-06-2010, 11:22 AM
thats because you were wearing a fast and furious t-shirt when you came in

Hater

Jappbox
02-06-2010, 06:50 PM

Ryan

Very true. you only sold me gauge pod after i told you i was over boosting and couldnt watch by boost.

I hate my clutch right now so after i sell my project bike i will want a new clutch and flywheel. i'll hit you up later

Exedy