PDA

View Full Version : Shelby Unveils F-150 Super Snake Concept And Turbo Mustang

NewSpeedSteed
11-10-2009, 10:42 PM
Saw this on SVTP and thought I'd share it here:

Shelby unveils F-150 Super Snake Concept, turbocharged Mustang package

We figured that anything and everything automotive in Las Vegas would be over at the convention center for SEMA all week, but apparently, we were wrong. Amidst the introductions of custom cars and aftermarket parts, Shelby Automobiles introduced two new vehicles at its Las Vegas facility.

The first is the F150 Super Snake Concept. Built as a pickup version of the potent GT500 Super Snake, the truck version has similar features including a Whipple supercharger system, Borla exhaust system, 22-inch wheels and tires, six-piston brakes, custom Shelby bodywork, and Shelby embroidery inside. Even though it is labeled as a concept, Shelby is offering the package to F150 owners who can get the parts installed only at Shelby's headquarters.

The second car is a (you guessed it) Mustang that features Shelby's new turbo package that can be installed post-title on any 2005-2009 GT at any of the company's mod shops around the country. Using a Turbonetics single-turbo system, Shelby has increased the output of the Mustang's 4.6-liter V8 to by nearly double to 550 horsepower. A variety of other components come with the package as well including a short-throw shifter, Borla exhaust, Shelby grille, 18-inch wheels and more. Other items like Baer six-piston brakes, Eibach suspension system, eight-point roll cage, and the Shelby GT-H hood are optional.

Pictures of the F-150:
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/11/f150supersnake_03_opt.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/11/f150supersnake_01.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/11/f150supersnake_02.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/11/f150supersnake_04.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/11/f150supersnake_05.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/11/f150supersnake_06.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/11/f150supersnake_06.jpg

Turbo Mustang Pics:
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/11/shelbyturbomustang_03.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/11/shelbyturbomustang_05.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/11/shelbyturbomustang_04.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/11/shelbyturbomustang_01.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/11/shelbyturbomustang_01.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/11/shelbyturbomustang_06.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/11/shelbyturbomustang_07.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/11/shelbyturbomustang_08.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/11/shelbyturbomustang_09.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/11/shelbyturbomustang_10.jpg

Sledge_WS6
11-10-2009, 11:03 PM
I'm sorry, but I can see Ford's new Mission Statement: "We slap a blower on everything, make it go real fast". What ever happened to out-engineering the competition?
On subject:
The Truck looks sweet and mean as hell. Doesn't seem like it will be a big-seller though because who needs a Full Size Truck with a blower unless you have way too much money?
The car doesn't really seem feasable either. I'd think that everybody who can afford/knows about that Turbo-upgrade is just gonna wait and buy a new mustang, probably wait for the 5.0 V8 at that.

85XR7Project
11-11-2009, 12:06 AM
I'm sorry, but I can see Ford's new Mission Statement: "We slap a blower on everything, make it go real fast". What ever happened to out-engineering the competition?

As opposed to GM's "Lets throw an LSx engine in it" or Dodge's "Call it an SRT 4-6-8 and toss a HEMI in it", the same argument can be made for all of them.

On subject:
The Truck looks sweet and mean as hell. Doesn't seem like it will be a big-seller though because who needs a Full Size Truck with a blower unless you have way too much money?
The car doesn't really seem feasable either. I'd think that everybody who can afford/knows about that Turbo-upgrade is just gonna wait and buy a new mustang, probably wait for the 5.0 V8 at that.

I think you dont get it here, sure you don't NEED a full size truck with a blower but if you want a sport truck with the ability to vaporize the damn tires you're going to buy something like this. For that matter who needed a Viper powered Ram or Body kit clad Silverado SS? I actually don't like the looks of it, the hood looks out of place, the rims make the brakes look way to small and the tonneau cover looks odd IMO.

The car will sell but not much, Shelby had a Terlingua SC'd V6 Stang that got rave reviews but didn't sell much either. Its all in the name man, for the guys who cannot afford the Supersnake and for those who can't get the Terlingua because they have a V8 car this is the avenue for them. Sure it doesn't make sense to us but for the guys trying to make money it makes perfect sense to have a mid model.

Thats just my thoughts on it.

Domestic Disturbance
11-11-2009, 12:41 AM
Man shelby's got a new car every week! That truck is gross, overly tacky and too useless. Quad cab makes it look worse too. Hood actually looks better on there than the mustang haha. I think a shortbox regular cab would help that thing tons. That turbo car is sick, even though that body style is already starting to age. Its whats inside that counts.

Scott
11-11-2009, 07:23 AM
yeah that truck is a little over the top! the turbo car is sweet as hell, but I agree roush, saleen, shelby all seem to have a new model of mustang or F-150 all the dam time..
Hey sledge whos the dude in your picture?!?

Sledge_WS6
11-11-2009, 07:24 AM
I think a shortbox regular cab would help that thing tons.
I think they have that, or at least had a concept. I think it was called the 'Lightning', lol.

Hey sledge whos the dude in your picture?!?
That'd be me.

Domestic Disturbance
11-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Lol yup and I like lightnings too. Same as I like srt10's that arent quad cabs. SS trucks are nice but I would never more than DD one.

DustinsDuster
11-11-2009, 04:39 PM

As opposed to GM's "Lets throw an LSx engine in it" or Dodge's "Call it an SRT 4-6-8 and toss a HEMI in it", the same argument can be made for all of them.

ive never heard of an SRT6, the SRT4 has a turbo 4(not a hemi), and the SRT10 is an all aluminum 8.3 V10, also not a Hemi. you are correct that all SRT8's have Hemi's though.

DustinsDuster
11-11-2009, 04:40 PM
also, is a Ford guy really talking shit about Dodge for putting the same engine in everything? last i checked, they were called modular motors for a reason...

FiFdYnUtZ
11-11-2009, 04:54 PM
burn

JustinS
11-11-2009, 05:12 PM

ive never heard of an SRT6,
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car ... -road_test (http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/04q3/chrysler_crossfire_srt-6-road_test)

FiFdYnUtZ
11-11-2009, 05:17 PM
double burn

85XR7Project
11-11-2009, 05:26 PM
also, is a Ford guy really talking shit about Dodge for putting the same engine in everything? last i checked, they were called modular motors for a reason...

I wasn't talking shit, I was making a point with his "We slap a blower on everything, make it go real fast" comment.

Yes I realize Ford over uses the Mod motor, GM does it with the LSx motors and Dodge overuses the HEMI moniker and LX chassis (Charger, Challenger, 300C, Magnum). I don't hate the other brands, they all do the same stupid shit sometimes. I just prefer Ford products.

As for the SRT6, yeah it wasn't a Dodge but it still existed. I used to be a car salesman and I picked that sort of info up.

sparkles
11-11-2009, 07:29 PM
So...I don't get it? Slap a Hellion Turbo kit on a GT and call it a Shelby Turbo? Pay twice as much as it would cost you to do it yourself too I'd assume.

And that truck...I believe the word "Pork" that's been used quite a bit comes to mind. I do however give them props for fitting the blower in there as decent as they did. Tucks up in the cowl pretty nicely.

DustinsDuster
11-11-2009, 07:33 PM
id never heard of an SRT6 before, but i also have never liked the crossfire, so maybe it makes sense. im actually pretty psyched Chrysler would supercharge a V6- havent seen that one before(that i can remember) from them. the F/I Dodges are making a comeback!

Domestic Disturbance
11-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Yup srt6 crossfires were supposed to have a pretty nice suspension on them too. I think most people just try to forget crossfires though, they are weird.

NewSpeedSteed
11-11-2009, 08:45 PM
id never heard of an SRT6 before, but i also have never liked the crossfire, so maybe it makes sense. im actually pretty psyched Chrysler would supercharge a V6- havent seen that one before(that i can remember) from them. the F/I Dodges are making a comeback!

The Crossfire was built on a Benz chassis and shares the trans and motor (I think its a 3.2L if I remember right) so I don't know if you'd consider that a real Chrysler creation or not. The SRT-6 crossfires have some get-up and go but nothing to really be proud of- kind of like the PT Cruisers with turbos... it may have a turbo but its still a PT Cruiser.

85XR7Project
11-12-2009, 07:11 AM
I just drove a Crossfire a few days ago, definitely has a Benz feel to it and the V6 sounds pretty cool, I was suprised it had a bit of get up and go.

Clinical
11-12-2009, 07:43 AM
I would just like to see Ford again WIDELY use a motor that in itself stands with the LSx motors without F/I

Yes I know Ford has developed the 5.4L and such before but they didn't widely use it in production cars as GM did with the LS1 / LS2 / etc

Not to mention it seems like its up to aftermarket performance companies like Shelby to bring Ford's cars up to a competitive level with other cars.

Hopefully the new 5.0 proves to be a good choice

Sledge_WS6
11-12-2009, 08:02 AM
To Supplement Mamamia, "Why change something that does not need to be changed?" The LSx Engines have been having no problem with the competition. The LS1 Fbodies are still out there kicking ass and taking names 8 years later. With the exception of the blown Cobras and now Shelbys, I don't really see a threat. I'm not trying to be ignorant, but my LT1 never had a problem, and I don't see my LS1 having one either...

K-ville
11-12-2009, 10:43 AM
To Supplement Mamamia, "Why change something that does not need to be changed?" The LSx Engines have been having no problem with the competition. The LS1 Fbodies are still out there kicking ass and taking names 8 years later. With the exception of the blown Cobras and now Shelbys, I don't really see a threat. I'm not trying to be ignorant, but my LT1 never had a problem, and I don't see my LS1 having one either...

id hardly say that all LSx cars are in a why change something that does not need changed category..... im not say ford is either by anymeans but the way I look at it is they are all different companys build different products, they do that on purpose because they know not everyone likes the same thing so they dont want to make a car/motor identical to a f-body/LSx car, and im glad because they are both developing two sides of the industry and then I can take the new technoligy from each and combines them into my own monster!

85XR7Project
11-12-2009, 12:00 PM
Kinda sounds like some people think the LSx's shit don't stink :D

69gt4speed
11-12-2009, 12:03 PM
I agree the fbodies have been very good for gm despite some weakness as all cars do. Big deal engine is set back and engine doesn't weigh much so it hooks w reasonable tires.

I'm not all keen on a special truck only had one truck in my life for a hauler but that's me.

Mustang, I myself would prefer that roush 550 or better just a reg gt500, tune, different mufflers, gt brakes, huge tires and a shot of spray. cheaper and effective. Nothing wrong slapping a s/c on.. hell gm is getting around to it for some reason... :biggrin: Fun factor in gm's case (zr1) of having a almost effective 572 c.i. mtr that gets 20+mpg isn't a bad idea.
Face it, all you fbody guys would have been happy throwing a pulley and tune on and then deal w traction problems.

Domestic Disturbance
11-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Kinda sounds like some people think the LSx's shit don't stink :D
It doesn't actually, want me to send you some? :biggrin:

And I agree with kville, I'm glad that both ford and gm have two completely different platforms. Nothing wrong with variety, as long as it all makes power.

FiFdYnUtZ
11-12-2009, 01:09 PM
^ werd.....and xr7, wanna smell my TA's shit after it pushes yours in? (in a race way, not a sexual way) jkjk

85XR7Project
11-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Lol, I like the LSx, I would like to own one at some point but I think we all know every engine has its downfalls. The LSx does seem to have very few probs though.

FiFdYnUtZ
11-12-2009, 01:28 PM
agreed

Sledge_WS6
11-12-2009, 02:56 PM
^ werd.....and xr7, wanna smell my TA's shit after it pushes yours in? (in a race way, not a sexual way) jkjk

Haha.

The LS1 has a few drawbacks, I'll admit. It could be torquer, my LT1 sure seemed to run harder, even though it makes less power...of course that could be the tune.

FiFdYnUtZ
11-12-2009, 03:12 PM
for an NA power plant (vs. the roots blower on the cobra) the lsx makes great torque, and i can assure you makes FAR more power than the LT1, which imo is junk...and if its still not enough torque after H/C/I, spray seems to take your ft/lbs past your whp with ease ;)

Sledge_WS6
11-12-2009, 05:47 PM
for an NA power plant (vs. the roots blower on the cobra) the lsx makes great torque, and i can assure you makes FAR more power than the LT1, which imo is junk...and if its still not enough torque after H/C/I, spray seems to take your ft/lbs past your whp with ease ;)

I'm not denying it has torque and there are things about both that I like, it was just the LT1 just seemed to be more in your face with that wicked torque-curve where my LS1 is just fast all around.

85XR7Project
11-12-2009, 06:27 PM
I'd rather have the LS1 over the LT1 to be honest

Clinical
11-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Anymore I still see the LT1 as a good all-around motor.

They last forever and produce good power.

Anymore - they are one of THE best entry-level go-fast/muscle cars.

I mean seriously - how many other cars can you pick up with 275hp stock for 3k in good shape?

Although I'm kind of set on a Turbo DSM for my next car - my spending is going to be limited to about 4500 - and I cant tell you how many LT1's I've looked at for under 4k that were in great condition.

Best was a 94 Camaro T-56 Stock LT1 (except for exhaust) with 86,000 miles for $4,200 OBO Only issue was a power window motor needed replaced.

I almost picked up in addition to my firebird a 93 Auto Z28 - completely base as you could get, with 135k miles - bone stock for $2,200 ran good and pulled like it was new.

I'm not saying LT1's are better than LS1's at all - they definitely aren't - I'm just defending them against people who diss on them. One kid here in town has his 93 Z28 which is at 192k and still going - although he isnt even really a car guy and doesn't do proper maintenance - it has just started to smoke and definitely isnt as fast as it should be but it still is driving fine overall.

Anyway - just my 2 cents on the LT1's

FiFdYnUtZ
11-12-2009, 07:36 PM
lt1's are outdated and have a lot of bad designs on them (the most glorified being the optispark) they are in between technologies of the old sbc/tpi and the ls1 and imo are becoming less and less worthwhile...there are ls1 cars going for 4k or less anymore anyway...my car has 126k on the bone stock bottom end and runs plenty damn healthy...and mind you i havent had to replace a single maintanance item on it since ive owned it...maybe im being too picky but im just not a fan of them whatsoever...

Clinical
11-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Heh if you could find me an LS1 for 4k with less than around 125k that's in good shape let me know :P

Sure LT1's have their downside such as the optispark and such.

Although we have two people here in town who actually live right up the street from me - they are cousins and each have LT1 Camaros. I questioned one about what its like pulling the motor/changing plugs/optispark/etc and he said it really depends on the person. He told me if I'd get one and needed the plugs/optispark done I could buy him a beer and he'd do it in about 30 mins for me haha. He said pulling the motor can be a bigger pain than other cars but its not to bad.

Then again he owned a 3kgt VR-4, as he said the LT1 is a breeze to work on after that

sparkles
11-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Face it, all you fbody guys would have been happy throwing a pulley and tune on and then deal w traction problems.

They have issues without the F/I.

As far as the LT1s, there's a reason GM only made them a few years. The ignition system has got to be the worst part about it. Everything is expensive and a pain in the ass to get to. They did have a good idea going with a revised cooling system though, to keep the manifold cooler. I'll give them that. And one of the drawbacks is also a good thing in some aspect. The motor sits farther back and helps with weight balance...but makes it very hard on your back to work on or pull the motor out of. Last 2 times I've done it, we just dropped it down with the K member and lifted the car off of it.

Domestic Disturbance
11-13-2009, 02:00 AM
You guys dog on the lt1 too much. The ls1 overshadow's it tremendously, but I know a certain car next summer that may surprise a few of you. Also, it was one of the highest output 350's post-emissions. Reverse flow, alum heads, high comps, multiport injection. The optispark blew but it doesn't render the whole thing useless.

sparkles
11-13-2009, 07:00 AM
LT-5...?

85XR7Project
11-13-2009, 07:20 AM
LT-5...?

Completely different animal. Bore and stroke were different from any other 350, the heads were designed by Lotus and the engine was hand built by Mercury Marine engines. Has NOTHING in common with the LT1 other than Cu. In.

Sledge_WS6
11-13-2009, 07:57 AM
I never had any problems with my optispark...vented FTW! The LT1 was a beast in its time and I'd like to see anybody try to race what mine would have been next spring if it wouldn't have tried to swim.

sparkles
11-13-2009, 09:14 AM
LT-5...?

Completely different animal. Bore and stroke were different from any other 350, the heads were designed by Lotus and the engine was hand built by Mercury Marine engines. Has NOTHING in common with the LT1 other than Cu. In.

I'm aware of the specs and the history, but thanks. Was referring to this remark.

Also, it was one of the highest output 350's post-emissions.

Just throwing it out there. It'd be awesome to find one and throw it into something of mine. The LT1 is a different animal as well. Bout the only thing the LT1 has in common with the SBC is the rotating assembly. Block is different, heads are different, Intake manifolds, Coolant rotation, Ignition system, etc. It's just overlooked due to the comparable appearance compared to the SBC and is overshadowed by the LS series because of the COMPLETE redesign in the Gen III/IV motors.

85XR7Project
11-13-2009, 09:41 AM
It'd be awesome to find one and throw it into something of mine.

LT5 in anything would be pure win, but yes I agree.

FiFdYnUtZ
11-13-2009, 12:26 PM
I never had any problems with my optispark...vented FTW! The LT1 was a beast in its time and I'd like to see anybody try to race what mine would have been next spring if it wouldn't have tried to swim.

lmao, your unfamiliar with the people and cars on this site arent you?

85XR7Project
11-13-2009, 12:34 PM
Kinda seems like he thinks he has something special. Methinks some challenge races are in order.

FiFdYnUtZ
11-13-2009, 01:04 PM
if i had a dollar for every person that ive read about coming on a site and giving the "next spring" song and dance i would be running 8's...

Clinical
11-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Fifdy - watch what you say... my laser's gonna be doing some SERIOUS shit next spring.... will blow your shit outa the hole.

1.8L 92 horses of fury

Domestic Disturbance
11-13-2009, 01:20 PM
haha easy there killer.

and sparkles, thats kinda what I said. No matter how you twist it lt1s were still based on the original small block platform. They were just trying to update them as much as possible for being 40 years old. And I was talking about sbc's, lt5 is its own deal. There was one for sale on ls1tech few months back for 10k+.

FiFdYnUtZ
11-13-2009, 01:48 PM
lt1's may have been good in their day but imo today i wouldnt bother if you have the money.

Clinical
11-13-2009, 02:08 PM
I just realized I have no acceleration vids of my laser - brb

Sledge_WS6
11-13-2009, 02:32 PM
lmao, your unfamiliar with the people and cars on this site arent you?

Oh trust me, I know about a lot of the cars on this site. I ran into you when you first got your TA back on the streets. I'm just saying just because the LT1 has its faults doesn't mean it can't be improved. I guess we'll just have see about this certain LT1 next spring that Kitch was talkin about.

Kinda seems like he thinks he has something special. Methinks some challenge races are in order.

Don't have the LT1 anymore, it is in a salvage yard somewhere. Now I have a bolt-on LS1, it isn't anything special, I know that. It could be, but it isn't now.

sparkles
11-13-2009, 02:41 PM

I'm down with my "305 with air filter delete" :yawinkle:

FiFdYnUtZ
11-13-2009, 02:47 PM
my car has changed a hair since i first got in on the streets (were you the black TA on 1st ave i dumped the cutout next to?)
and i assume your talking about dan's lt1 or possibly the red one in your sig/facebook...im not sure who you guys are trying to intimidate by that but calling out "anybody" is undoubtedly biting off more then you can chew...

Sledge_WS6
11-13-2009, 03:57 PM
my car has changed a hair since i first got in on the streets (were you the black TA on 1st ave i dumped the cutout next to?)

Ya, that was less than entertaining.

FiFdYnUtZ
11-13-2009, 04:44 PM
hmm, must take a lot to entertain lt1 boy..."see you next spring" speed demon!

Domestic Disturbance
11-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Not trying to intimidate anyone, especially with something that isn't done nor mine. Not everything on here has to be a competition...

I just think it looks to be an impressive setup for what it is and would be a good example to argue the lt1 fight side. Its not mine to discuss so I'll leave it at that, wouldn't want to scare you :biggrin:

Sledge_WS6
11-13-2009, 07:07 PM
Not trying to intimidate anyone, especially with something that isn't done nor mine. Not everything on here has to be a competition...

I just think it looks to be an impressive setup for what it is and would be a good example to argue the lt1 fight side. Its not mine to discuss so I'll leave it at that, wouldn't want to scare you :biggrin:

I'm looking forward to seeing what he has in store. Hopefully I'll get to see the progress in person too. :bigthumb:

firstonraceday96
11-13-2009, 07:53 PM
ill kick the shit out of all you fags. get off the internet and go get pussy.

Clinical
11-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Fuck all you pussies - you all gonna know fear when I 7k rpm dump my laser's clutch and I torque steer all over faces

85XR7Project
11-14-2009, 08:39 AM
Jeez did the ignorance level increase in here?

sparkles
11-14-2009, 11:39 AM
Yup, with every ignorant, narrow minded post.

black88gt
11-14-2009, 12:29 PM

pot meet kettle

sparkles
11-14-2009, 03:09 PM

pot meet kettle

I will say that the Mustang's interior is executed better then the other 2. I'm guessing that the interior and the lack of visibility in the Camaro severely hurt it.

Yeah. I'm completely ignorant and narrow minded. :roll: Call em like I see em. :butthead:

69gt4speed
11-14-2009, 09:36 PM
It's all about airflow per c.i. and weight, f/r and tires. That determines a true d/d performance on the street. Granted the lt optispark was crappy, gm wised up and put out a good system w the ls. But otherwise no reason a old sbc w newest cnc heads can't do well. Same w many engines, the bbc or bbf, these days all it can take is $. Blocks, heads, intakes, etc.

sparkles
11-15-2009, 07:14 PM
Not really making sense of what was just said. Optispark sucks. LS ignition = Good. SBC with good heads = Good? Spend $ on BBC or BBF = Good?

Sledge_WS6
11-15-2009, 09:25 PM
Not really making sense of what was just said. Optispark sucks. LS ignition = Good. SBC with good heads = Good? Spend $ on BBC or BBF = Good?

That is what I got out of it. I'm understanding now why LT1 vs LS1 threads are banned in most places. They just create too much arguing. Agree to disagree in the end and back to: "WHY DOES FORD NEED ANOTHER Fing LIGHTNING IN FULL SIZE FORM?"?

sparkles
11-15-2009, 09:34 PM
All obvious stuff...if that's what was being said.

Clinical
11-15-2009, 09:46 PM
I don't see why there are LT1 vs LS1 threads - they in my opinion represent things different now.

LS1's = great motor that are well designed that have shitloads of potential and aren't extremely expensive.

LT1's = good motor with ample potential, some design flaws - but provide a good deal of power that are accessable for even just 2-2.5k for a starter car for a kid or something.

People can say LS1's are cheap at 5-10k but really - when you're 16/17/18 and working minimum wage and can't afford to finance - 5k is expensive.

This is why an LT1 is still a possibility for me after I sell my firebird - just because for 4500 - I could probably find a nice low mileage one. Although I'm 90% sure I'm going DSM with my next car.

69gt4speed
11-15-2009, 10:12 PM
All I'm saying in general is almost any engine these days can make hp. We have parts available to make hp w most anything. Even old engines. Every engine has a weakness and the aftermarket has stepped up to remedy that if you have the $. I'm sure they build a better optispark if they can build +1000 hp blocks. Old days we were limited w factory more or less parts not designed for much more than factory rating.

If you are a determined person w some old junk like my 69 w a fe I could make a call and get a complete new engine w all the newest stuff on it, make hp like others per c.i. Just takes $. So I don't count any engine as the "answer". I've got friends w all brands/designs being successful.

black88gt
11-16-2009, 11:57 AM
"WHY DOES FORD NEED ANOTHER Fing LIGHTNING IN FULL SIZE FORM?"?

ford just built a stock f150, ford really doesnt have anything to do w/ it

85XR7Project
11-16-2009, 02:23 PM

Exactly :bigthumb:

sparkles
11-16-2009, 08:25 PM

A very ignorant statement, no doubt. Yes, Ford has absolutely nothing to do with Shelby or vice versa. They just happen to sell Shelby vehicles at Ford dealerships and have worked and collaborated together for years. I'm sure they don't communicate at all. :roll:

black88gt
11-16-2009, 11:13 PM

A very ignorant statement, no doubt. Yes, Ford has absolutely nothing to do with Shelby or vice versa. They just happen to sell Shelby vehicles at Ford dealerships and have worked and collaborated together for years. I'm sure they don't communicate at all. :roll:

http://www.shelbyautos.com/dealers.asp

what ford dealership is on that list?

go to ford's website, how many shelby f150s do they offer?

Domestic Disturbance
11-16-2009, 11:41 PM
but the GT500 is a shelby?

black88gt
11-17-2009, 12:10 AM

correct. built in house by ford(basically svt product) with shelby badges. anything other than gt500 is built aftermarket by shelby.

69gt4speed
11-17-2009, 12:20 AM
^ That is correct, a gt500 has to be shipped off to become a shelby super snake. Whereas a 2010 scj can be bought at a ford dealership. Go figure. I think it might have something to do with nhra rules.... :yawinkle: They did same thing w boss 429 stang for nascar via a talladega torino. Chevy did it also. There was no 427 bbc chevelle really.

69gt4speed
11-17-2009, 12:56 AM

Well the facts are at this time they are not the same deal. You can't buy a super snake at a dealership. Why exactly idk, you can buy roush stuff at a dealership. Gt500 is 100% ford... I think they bought shelby logo w a couple of prototypes to him and $. He's old and needed some cash. I do also so send me some $. :yawinkle: Roush made the cj mo or less. It's the quickest nhra stock vehicle now on the planet. You buy it at a dealership... I agree w you sparkles somewhat.. back in the "old days" you could buy a shelby cobra or stang at select dealerships... Not anymore though.. That's the truth as I know it...Ford has it's own truck called Raptor... Coletti retired, Ford has no guy like that anymore running svt or whatever it's called now. He more or less told ford a s/c lightning and s/c 03 cobra was a ok and in budget when he was boss of svt.

85XR7Project
11-17-2009, 05:58 AM

The dealership chooses to sell the cars not Ford. You do realize the dealerships are independantly owned right, the owner decides to sell a specific brand at his dealership. That is how you see dealerships selling competing brands in the same dealership all the time.

Sledge_WS6
11-17-2009, 08:19 AM
what ford dealership is on that list?
go to ford's website, how many shelby f150s do they offer?

First off, they can't offer Shelby F150s because they aren't exactly being produced yet. Not to mention they will most likely be in a limited number. Think about the Blackbird Trans Ams (granted, that was a one-time for ONE dealership, but i digress). How about the Dick Herrell Camaros? Those I'm pretty sure were not sold by Dick himself...so in other words CHEVROLET SOMEHOW SOLD THEM. The point is, Shelby and Ford are so close together you can practically call them Subsidiaries (meaning, two companies, similar stock owners). When Carroll dies, who do you think will own the Shelby Trademark....FORD! It is a special production vehicle that is going to be sold limitedly, probably only if you ask for it so you aren't exactly going to see one sitting on the lot of a car dealership, especially in Iowa.

The dealership chooses to sell the cars not Ford. You do realize the dealerships are independantly owned right, the owner decides to sell a specific brand at his dealership. That is how you see dealerships selling competing brands in the same dealership all the time.

You are correct, a dealership is independently owned but, at the same time the right to sell a fleet of vehicles is through franchising. Not the same type as a fast-food chain and the rules can be bent a bit more, but this is why all dealerships have to follow pricing guidelines and rebate packages. Even if a dealership does not regularly carry a GT500 in stock for example, they still order one for a customer. Its like saying that McDonalds doesn't have any McChickens made and I want one. They can go in the back and make it.

*For the Super Snake F150, people are not going to be calling Carroll Shelby up and saying they want one, they are going to get it through their local dealership. Same with that Turbo GT500 package....ordered though the dealership.

85XR7Project
11-17-2009, 09:21 AM
It has to be a dealership that works with Shelby FYI

Sledge_WS6
11-17-2009, 09:58 AM
It has to be a dealership that works with Shelby FYI

Which can be obtained though Ford...which last I checked, Ford Dealerships do work with Ford. :)

85XR7Project
11-17-2009, 10:05 AM
You're not understanding. Shelby and Ford are two different orginizations you have to work that out with Shelby to sell his vehicles. Now if you want to sell a GT500 which IS a Ford product you can. As for selling SVTs at a Ford dealership you have to be an SVT dealership to do this, this is why so many SVT dealerships where pissed off that the GT500 wasn't an SVT (They won't get as many people coming in for GT500s if they can go anywhere to get one).

Mufflover
11-17-2009, 10:08 AM
HEy sledge ws6 is that the devils lettuce you are smoking in your avatar?lol

K-ville
11-17-2009, 10:23 AM
You're not understanding. Shelby and Ford are two different orginizations

im not understanding why the hell it matters either way

85XR7Project
11-17-2009, 10:39 AM
It really doesn't we won't be seeing any out here thats for sure.

Sledge_WS6
11-17-2009, 02:44 PM
HEy sledge ws6 is that the devils lettuce you are smoking in your avatar?lol
It's a cigar.

*Here is the bottom line reguardless of the Ford/Shelby relationship: Ford had to give Shelby permission to use their truck, thus Ford has a part in this. I can't just start buying up Camaros, slap on a few upgrades and a nice stripe set, then sell it w/o Chevrolet's permission. Truck still won't sell - my original point.

black88gt
11-17-2009, 04:15 PM
I can't just start buying up Camaros, slap on a few upgrades and a nice stripe set, then sell it w/o Chevrolet's permission. Truck still won't sell - my original point.

sure you can

sparkles
11-17-2009, 04:55 PM

correct. built in house by ford(basically svt product) with shelby badges. anything other than gt500 is built aftermarket by shelby.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO....what you're saying is either A) A GT 500 is not a Shelby or B) Ford and Shelby work together...like my original point that I was making.

black88gt
11-17-2009, 04:58 PM

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO....what you're saying is either A) A GT 500 is not a Shelby or B) Ford and Shelby work together...like my original point that I was making.

no shit they collaborate; to what level they collaborate on depends entirely on what vehicle you're talking about. GT500: ford designed, shelby badged, ford built. Anything else= ford originally built, modified and badged by shelby. You dont blame Ford for the shortcomings of a Saleen.

Sledge_WS6
11-17-2009, 05:30 PM
sure you can
I should have continued. Building it, calling it a 'Sledge Camaro' or something else ridiculous, then selling them. I'd still need Chevrolet's permission unless the dems threw out trademark law too ;)

69gt4speed
11-18-2009, 12:27 AM
The coworker I know w part ownership in a 725hp super snake bought a gt500 at a dealership and had to send it to vegas shelby shop to do the conversion, no other way could he do it. It has the kb 2.8 s/c.
http://photos.imageevent.com/69gt4speed ... 0010.1.jpg (http://photos.imageevent.com/69gt4speed/killsandmisc/websize/Alqus%20supersnake%20010.1.jpg)
http://photos.imageevent.com/69gt4speed ... 0016.1.jpg (http://photos.imageevent.com/69gt4speed/killsandmisc/websize/Alqus%20supersnake%20016.1.jpg)

sparkles
11-18-2009, 02:35 PM
You dont blame Ford for the shortcomings of a Saleen.

Don't kid yourself. I blame Ford for 9/11, boy band music, and global warming.

And just so we're clear, by "collaborate", you're saying that both Shelby and Ford "had something to do with it" then right?

69gt4speed
11-18-2009, 11:47 PM
^ Who knows or really it does not matter...By the tag I posted up (pic2) looks to be a seperate auto co. You pot stirrer... As I said ford paid shelby $ and a couple of prototypes for the logo. End of story. Chrysler could of done it but did not. I don't have the money for shelby stuff but looks good and well done as you can see. This is no different than 69/70 shelby stangs imo w the gt500. Ford built them w shelby logo.