PDA

View Full Version : Back from SEMA

Vitoman
11-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Got back from SEMA last week and man was it awesome! Lots of Camaros there but you could certainly tell that Ford was the group that made money over the year with the big auto makers. Some highlights-

NX has come out with some awesome technology they are using with their plate kits. They are about 1/16 inch thick and the solenoids are mounted on the plate. The whole system is pin welded with stainless steel plates and can hardly be seen when mounted behind the throttle body.

Tire technology has come a long way again, I saw a Hankook tire that was a 345/15/24 tire that was 26.5" tall overall!! It looked like a solid 1" band of rubber around the wheel.

Nitto has come out with a new Drag Radial, that, mark my words, will be the best performing drag radial out next year. Its called the NT05R- it looks amazing and felt gummier than the MTs. In testing they were consistently faster than MTs on many different applications. They also came out with a really nice new MT tire that will work well on HD applications.

Prochargers kit for the new Camaro is bad and looks real good under the hood and Hellion has a twin kit that is totally incognito, everything is mounted under the car. With 6 psi and 57mm twins it put down 577 hp.

There was lots more but I cant remember it all now. This was a great trip for Driven Performance also. I got accounts set up with some great vendors. We are now direct with Hellion, Procharger, Billet Specialties, Nitrous Express, Granatelli Motorsports, and numerous warehouse parts suppliers. If you need anything or are interested in something not listed let me know and Ill see what I can do to get it for you or in touch with any other of the local shops that might have what I dont. Ill try and post up some pics a bit later...

FiFdYnUtZ
11-10-2009, 08:25 PM
good info! i had a blast when i went in 07, i cant wait to go back!

K-ville
11-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Got back from SEMA last week and man was it awesome! Lots of Camaros there but you could certainly tell that Ford was the group that made money over the year with the big auto makers. Some highlights-

NX has come out with some awesome technology they are using with their plate kits. They are about 1/16 inch thick and the solenoids are mounted on the plate. The whole system is pin welded with stainless steel plates and can hardly be seen when mounted behind the throttle body.

Tire technology has come a long way again, I saw a Hankook tire that was a 345/15/24 tire that was 26.5" tall overall!! It looked like a solid 1" band of rubber around the wheel.

Nitto has come out with a new Drag Radial, that, mark my words, will be the best performing drag radial out next year. Its called the NT05R- it looks amazing and felt gummier than the MTs. In testing they were consistently faster than MTs on many different applications. They also came out with a really nice new MT tire that will work well on HD applications.

Prochargers kit for the new Camaro is bad and looks real good under the hood and Hellion has a twin kit that is totally incognito, everything is mounted under the car. With 6 psi and 57mm twins it put down 577 hp.

There was lots more but I cant remember it all now. This was a great trip for Driven Performance also. I got accounts set up with some great vendors. We are now direct with Hellion, Procharger, Billet Specialties, Nitrous Express, Granatelli Motorsports, and numerous warehouse parts suppliers. If you need anything or are interested in something not listed let me know and Ill see what I can do to get it for you or in touch with any other of the local shops that might have what I dont. Ill try and post up some pics a bit later...
sweet man cant wait to get to interact between our shops. you got a shop locked down yet

stangvortech
11-10-2009, 10:03 PM
I can't wait to get the new nitto......

Domestic Disturbance
11-11-2009, 12:32 AM
I can't wait to get the new nitto......
Lol I have no doubts there

Vitoman
11-11-2009, 09:16 AM
you got a shop locked down yet

We will find out Thursday

K-ville
11-24-2009, 01:34 PM
so whats the word you get the shop or what?

69gt4speed
11-27-2009, 04:44 AM
Looks like nitto will cover stang, challenger and camaro, ford gt sizes.... Looks like a hoosier dr.
* P275/40R17,

* P315/35R17,

* P285/40R18,

* P305/45R18,

* P315/40R18,

* P345/30R19 and

* P315/35R20.