PDA

View Full Version : NOT STOCK cars, Camaro is on top

sparkles
11-07-2009, 01:10 PM
http://www.motortrend.com/av/roadtests/112_0910_hennessey_camaro_shelby_super_snake_speed factory_challenger_comparison/index.html

With a cheaper price tag and better times at the strip and the road track with less power, I'd know what my choice would be.

allgo
11-07-2009, 01:44 PM
You should read the article better, clearly states that the mustangs tires where junk..

85XR7Project
11-07-2009, 08:16 PM
x2

Nice try though.

69gt4speed
11-07-2009, 08:36 PM
x3

sparkles
11-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Yeah, I'm sure a $90k car put on junk tires. Yup. You're right. I'm VERY sure the editors weren't trying to save Ford's face there. Nope.

Even so. Dumbasses should of put on better tires then, huh? What's the next excuse crybabies? Get all butt hurt when I post up some Camaro stuff huh? Common practice and ok for the Mustang stuff, but OH SO not cool when the shoe is on the other foot, huh? Guess I should start calling names like "toolbag".

85XR7Project
11-08-2009, 07:21 AM
You're putting alot of faith into a magazine that will have an American car shootout and somehow a BMW will win and we're the dumbasses....

Yeah, you're right.

On a more serious note, yes the Camaro is a wonderful car but is very porky. Sure the Mustang is heavy but not THAT heavy and yes it still has an outdated solid rear axle but lets keep in mind that the Corvette still has leafsprings. Obviously the mods on that car were better thought out, why Shelby would put all that power into the car and horrible tires seems pretty stupid to me but I don't run a company like that so I guess I wouldn't understand. That being said, enjoy the win but I will remind you when it comes to Car and Driver they are always biased towards GM and when its a European shootout BMW and Asian is most usually Toyota.

FiFdYnUtZ
11-08-2009, 11:21 AM
lol its ford's fault they didnt put the proper tires on the car, they always gotta fuck SOMETHING up...

stangvortech
11-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Yeah, I'm sure a $90k car put on junk tires. Yup. You're right. I'm VERY sure the editors weren't trying to save Ford's face there. Nope.

Even so. Dumbasses should of put on better tires then, huh? What's the next excuse crybabies? Get all butt hurt when I post up some Camaro stuff huh? Common practice and ok for the Mustang stuff, but OH SO not cool when the shoe is on the other foot, huh? Guess I should start calling names like "toolbag".

oo my sparkles you are a mega tool hands down.... :butthead: It has 20x9in rims on it there is not tires out there for 20's that will hook.

K-ville
11-08-2009, 01:14 PM

most the mustang stuff put up in here is showcasing how well a vehicle is doing not starting a debate over who is better like you did here... but you knew what you were doing

FiFdYnUtZ
11-08-2009, 01:25 PM

oo my sparkles you are a mega tool hands down.... :butthead: It has 20x9in rims on it there is not tires out there for 20's that will hook.

they havent had too much of a problem getting the zo6's 20's to hook...

sparkles
11-08-2009, 06:09 PM

most the mustang stuff put up in here is showcasing how well a vehicle is doing not starting a debate over who is better like you did here... but you knew what you were doing

Yeah...hehe. You know I did. I was bored.

DustinsDuster
11-08-2009, 08:56 PM

didnt Nitto start making the 555R in 20"? i was pretty sure some company starting making a sticky 20" tire...

69gt4speed
11-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Yea I put a lot of stang stuff up but in general don't say it'll whip xx brand car. I know better.. everyone has a opinion and this stuff being going on since 67... Its like rock bands everyone likes certain types.. Like look here.. Many would say bunch of old farts. But they are having fun so wtf? Same w me done arguing, just want to have some fun put up some crap about my cars you guys do the same.. I live in a cave..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKkxxLEBwBo

FiFdYnUtZ
11-10-2009, 01:05 PM
hmm i actually dig that song rob...i downloaded it haha

69gt4speed
11-10-2009, 01:23 PM
"sexy little thing" and "soap on a rope" too.. last one shows his cars... Sammy is a damn stang guy... cars, music and sex, how can you go wrong? Just cause we are old...

DustinsDuster
11-10-2009, 03:48 PM
i kinda see Sammy Hagar the same way i do Kid Rock; he'd probably be fun to party with, but i still cant stand his music...

Sledge_WS6
11-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Have they compared the other cars to the Z28 yet? Just curious....
I wish they would have gone with the Trans Am Concept...that thing was sick and if GM really wanted Pontiac to be a performance line (and I still think they are making a mistake by killing it), I think that would be the winner ;)

Domestic Disturbance
11-10-2009, 07:23 PM
no working z28 has been shown to the public yet. Just drawings and some specs.

Sledge_WS6
11-10-2009, 09:30 PM
no working z28 has been shown to the public yet. Just drawings and some specs.

What I meant to say was, they should compare it to the Z28 when it comes out. Just sucks that they are comparing the SS to the GT500 which is a $50k+ car...apples to oranges. 'Stang GT vs SS, SS hands down.

69gt4speed
11-11-2009, 03:28 AM
^ we'll see how that pans out, w the spring 400hp reg gt, if gt is 300# lighter I'd bet with some 17" et streets be issues... That's to be proven though. I most always bet on lighter weight. Through the yrs been a safe bet on stock rwd cars w similar hp and tires.

69gt4speed
11-11-2009, 04:12 AM
i kinda see Sammy Hagar the same way i do Kid Rock; he'd probably be fun to party with, but i still cant stand his music...

See what I mean the guitar and all that can be tight but some brand or person.. Well my camaro buddies or dodge buddies can have a lil fun why do I care... Being happy w their stuff is good. You don't have to buy it. I did like that 2nd gen camaro in that one video.

Sledge_WS6
11-11-2009, 07:32 AM
^ we'll see how that pans out, w the spring 400hp reg gt, if gt is 300# lighter I'd bet with some 17" et streets be issues... That's to be proven though. I most always bet on lighter weight. Through the yrs been a safe bet on stock rwd cars w similar hp and tires.

We'll see how it pans out with the 5.0. The new Camaro just has too much crap on it and is just too big in general for me to ever get one. I'm die-hard GM, but in the end, the Camaro needs to go on a diet. They should have known something was up when they put on 20" rims to fill in that huge wheel-well. Guess GM will learn if the Mustang's actual output ends up being over 400, but they really can't fix jack until at least 2015 I'd think.

69gt4speed
11-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Found a lil vid of 2010 pd s/c auto camaro (492whp) vs a t/a f body 6 speed stick w 412 whp... And it's a roll type race...Been really bad off a dig imo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61h2RwcQvCM

69gt4speed
11-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Lighty modded 2010 auto camaro ss w cai vs 2008 mustang gt stick w cai. Basically same mods. Mustang def has pass on the rolls, on digs idk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55ngry_H-j8

FiFdYnUtZ
11-12-2009, 01:23 PM
welp, that first vid sums up what you said about my car earlier against the z28 i guess lol...

69gt4speed
11-12-2009, 11:34 PM
^ yea w/o some tires what I expected.. Black t/a had nittos not exactly the best tire either but w the setback and lighter weight, it hooked and pulled away from about a 550 crank hp camaro. T/a might of beat him from that roll at 40 but missed a gear.

2010 looked to be well done, in other words guy had $ to do it right. Figure that 2010 has 500 to 550 wtq kinda like mine can have, you need serious tires w that. At least a m/t dr radial for rolls. I spun 17" m/t radials on a roll till 50 mph w just a window switch set at 3.5k/6.3k unless all is perfect. Why I changed that. And why I told you what I said. Maybe z28 camaro tc will be great and ramp the power good, idk. My tc was a pos so it's disabled. Still hp/weight figure that out. Cuts it to say 400 whp still has lot of weight.

DustinsDuster
11-13-2009, 05:24 PM
the new muscle cars kindof remind me a bit of America in general; loved for what they did decades earlier, not as great now, and need to go on a diet...

69gt4speed
11-13-2009, 11:20 PM
^ I agree 100%... I'm always barking that...

In my case need to figure out tasteful ways of getting rid of pork in 03 fairly cheap. With less weight less stress on parts and it's faster and can get more mileage w same hp. Win win deal. It's prob 50# less than stock was right now.

The newer used c6 base vette is lightest per hp for the $. A old used c5 z06 is a bargain right now also.