PDA

View Full Version : In South Dakota till Friday... here is how my night went...

Ricky
11-02-2009, 09:52 AM
umm so last night sucked ass! i got into this tiny airport at 12am then was told that i was too young to have a 4x4.... after about 20 min of talking with the lady and messing with the computer she changed my birthday to show i was 25... then came the hour long drive to my hotel and on the way i smoke a jack rabbit. It blew up and i have blood on my car. No damage but it was loud! then i finally got to the hotel and what do you know, they are CLOSED! doors lock! so its 130am and im pooped, i steal Internet from the hotel i should be sleeping in and look for another place to stay... found one but they were closed too and to top everything off i dont have cell phone service. So i lay the seats down in the Toyota Highlander i have and slept in the car with it running all night and the heat on cuz its like 30 degrees out. I got a few hours of sleep and then had to drive to the wind site which was only about a half hour. I arrived at 6:30am to the site and found out that my parts i need will be delivered today..... but UPS comes about 5pm here.... i sure hope Tuesday goes just a little bit better.....

Talk about needing a beer!

85XR7Project
11-02-2009, 09:58 AM
Damn man, that is horrible luck. Hopefully things start off today on the up and up. I wish you luck.

Ricky
11-02-2009, 10:11 AM
im only here for a few day and friday im in Minneapolis then back in CR by 9pm

TbTalon94
11-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Sucks, but atleast your not stuck sitting in an office all day!

Ricky
11-02-2009, 10:29 AM
i am for right now.... i dont have anything to do so im just sitting in the trailer... going to be doing a lot of climbing the next few days

krustindumm
11-02-2009, 01:04 PM
I'd go to the bar, and put it on the company card.

Have them alter the receipt to show food though ;)

Ricky
11-02-2009, 01:34 PM
there is no bar close at all... i went to a next town (30 miles away) to buy beer and they had nothing. im hopping the gas station has some but it was closed earlier

FiFdYnUtZ
11-02-2009, 01:52 PM
haha i was gunna say go to the bar too, but that sucks there arent any...

Stro
11-02-2009, 05:03 PM
At least you got lucky with MSP, they just finished runway construction up there. That airport was so bottlenecked it was ridiculous! Last week over half of the flights from MSP to any of the Iowa airports got cancelled.

Ricky
11-02-2009, 08:12 PM
At least you got lucky with MSP, they just finished runway construction up there. That airport was so bottlenecked it was ridiculous! Last week over half of the flights from MSP to any of the Iowa airports got cancelled.

BITE YOUR DAMN TONGUE! i wouldnt be surprised if that happens now :( would be just my luck.

Drifte
11-02-2009, 10:53 PM
sad little town, the gas station was closed...Ryan found 92.5 octane in North Liberty by the way. ..random tidbit.

Stro
11-03-2009, 07:23 AM
BITE YOUR DAMN TONGUE! i wouldnt be surprised if that happens now :( would be just my luck.

That was last week though. All the runways are open now so you should be good.