PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of any Open Nurse Jobs? And BTW 2009 can go away

SVO1
10-29-2009, 06:35 AM
So far 2009 and has been the Worst year of my life.
Jan 15th my Dad Died.
In May my wife's hours got cut (she is the money maker) due to Medicaid budget cuts.
June I lost my Job when Chrysler shut down my Dealership.
A bunch of my closest friends have been having similar issues, and one just recently lost his young nephew.

Yesterday My Wife comes home and gives e the great news that they decided to lay off 3 Nurses, and she is one of them.
So now we are both unemployed.

Can Someone stop the world? I think we want to get off.

85XR7Project
10-29-2009, 07:18 AM
too bad you arent closer to waterloo there is like 3 hospitals out here. Allen, Sartori and Covenant.

Scott
10-29-2009, 07:20 AM
Hey dont worry too much about it too much man, only so much you can do about it.. and theres only a few things you really need in life and it sounds like you still got those. do some side bodywork to keep busy and make some cash!!

tvmendoza
10-29-2009, 03:15 PM
This has been a horrible year for so many reasons but we still have a lot of future to enjoy. Life is a roller coaster whenever you think about it you will be up again.

Do you body work? I have a 240sx that needs some work, I wasnt planning on doing anything this year but if you can help me we might come with a deal.

ZacFields
10-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Is she an RN, SVO? If so, she won't have too much trouble finding another job. Ashley's aunt is an RN out at the U of Iowa and when her husband got laid off, she found a second part-time RN job in about a week.

Check http://www.corridorcareers.com I've seen at least a few open RN jobs in the last week I've been trolling around that site.

*Edit* I just checked it out for you. There are 36 jobs in the "healthcare" category, and at least 6 or 7 RN/LPN positions open right now. Tell her to fill out an app for all of them, she'll be back to work within a couple weeks.

Good luck to you! Sorry this year has been so rough. It'll get better!

Ashley
10-29-2009, 06:52 PM
Is she an RN or an LPN?

Mercy has 22 RN positions open right now, 90% are full time. Most of them are Surgical or ED, but a job is a job. She could always transfer if she doesn't like those depts.

St. Luke's only has 4 RN positions open.. but I'd rather work at Mercy than Luke's anyway. :P