PDA

View Full Version : OMFG... i still dont believe it... I got a phone call...

DragonUSMC
10-28-2009, 04:35 PM
MY CAR IS FUKING DONE!!!!!

great timing too really... i mean we are only in the middle of a snowstorm getting 16" of snow at the moment... i'm already snowboarding... yeah.

SOOOOO i dont know what color it finally ended up being... maybe he finally did the Satin Black like he wanted to... or maybe its fuking pink. I dont know.

But yeah, its done. Now i have to wait till spring and hope he doesnt get a wild hair to strip it and paint it again.

i'll post pics if i get them or can.

Drifte
10-28-2009, 06:01 PM
Im more jealous of the 16" of snow than the paint...at least until I see it.

DustinsDuster
10-28-2009, 08:24 PM
im just psyched to maybe see the damn thing again. its been years, literally.

DragonUSMC
10-28-2009, 08:33 PM
^yeah what i thought was just going to be "gone over winter" ended up being 3 winters.

Domestic Disturbance
10-28-2009, 11:09 PM
Interested in why you wouldn't know what color it is. That'd be kind of a cool surprise unless they did something gross.

DragonUSMC
10-29-2009, 01:05 PM
^because my uncle is kinda nuts when it comes to paint. couple quick stories.

His 64 mustang has had over 200 different paint jobs. The last time it was painted was for my cousin's wedding. 3 days before the wedding he determined that the color he painted it did not match the color of his daughters wedding well enough, stripped the car, went to his paint store (they love him there by the way) and had some custom color mixed up so that it would PERFECTLY match the wedding and dresses.

He sprayed my Dad's old Volvo... which was chalking, and my dad just wanted a quick spray and clear so that that car wouldnt look so old. My uncle did a Carmel candy apple with crushed glass... found a sag in one of the door... which neither my father or I could see at all... and stripped it and did it again.

I never really had a color i wanted my car to be painted. I wanted kind of a bluish purple, but he didnt like that at all... so he did the Blood Ruby Red with base of plum and crushed glass, first... as you can see here... and then.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff172/DragonUSMC/Car%20stuff/HPIM1572.jpg

He wanted to do Satin Black, and I pretty much said paint it whatever color you want. SO according to my Cousin Dana, she says that its had a new paint job almost every time she has been home, cause her dad was trying to find one he liked.

FiFdYnUtZ
10-29-2009, 01:09 PM
wouldnt it be easier to paint test panels instead of the whole car a bunch of times? lol

Domestic Disturbance
10-29-2009, 02:01 PM
haha sounds like he loves his job. Color turned out good

DragonUSMC
10-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Oh he LOVES painting... its not his job though.

He is the vice president of a tool and die company... he is just this nuts in his hobby.