PDA

View Full Version : Checking in from the land of the tide.

10-26-2009, 07:18 PM
FOr the ones that I met I have moved to tuscaloosa alabama in august. I grew up in Florida and lived in iowa the last 8 years. Well I grew up a UF gators fan and I finally got to see my gators play in person for the first time since 2002. I will just paste my expeirence.

I will miss being up north and not having hockey but I'm a Florida boy and I miss my Gators. It's nice down here because I haven't missed a Gators game yet and made it to Two Bama games and have tickets for the Bama VS LSU game this saturday. (I'm trying to sell them to head to hil country to watch the UF vs UGA game)

So me and a friend down here (he attends UA) went to Starkville, Mississippi. It is were the Mississippi State Bulldogs are located. So we leave Tuscaloosa and make the hour and twenty minute drive to Starkville around 1 PM. We get into the town and the street we got off on was Martin luether King BLVD. then we had to turn onto Robert E. Lee BLVD. ( I dont know thought that was Ironic) find a church and park for free.

First impressions of the town were 1. Is this the right city? It's about the size of wilton or Durant Iowa. 12k people when schools not in session. So we walk the mile to the down town and I still need to get tickets but I was interested in buying them from maybe some Florida fans so I can sit with Florida fans and not have to deal with the home crowd types. We walk up to a group of "tailGators" a group of rich Florida alums that rented two giant tour busses loaded to the gills with beer. I tried to see if they had any tickets available but they didn't have any. So me and my friend Brad walked some more and ended up buying some from a scalper. We continue to walk around eating other peoples food and drinking other peoples beer and ended up going back to the "tailgators" and drink some more beer play some football and this weird game Called "LCR" everyone starts with three $5 bills and they go in a big cirlce. The three dice all have a dot "L" "C" "R" on them. You get as many dice as you have dollar bills left. So at the start everyone rolls 3 die and if you get a C you put one of your bills in the middle if you get a L you hand one of your bills to the guy on the left same if you roll an R. The very first roll the guy threw a CLand and a R but he wasn't our he just couldn't roll the die unless the guy to either side rolls a L or an R.

Well the object is kinda like the Game UNO. the person with the last bill gets the pot. The game went on for about 30 mins and I lost my $15 bucks but its okay I drank plenty of thier beer and ate alot of thier food.

So as I walk to the stadium all these bulldog fans have cow bells and ring the crap out of them when an away team fan walks by and I jumped up and actually rang one mans bell. That seemed to get the respect from the crowd and was left alone for the most part until I was walking to my seat.

The game was very fun my seat was in the very last row. I got a couple of pictures of the 7 acre town and a pretty sunset and a ton of pictures of the game.

It was on the cold side I think it was 45* once the sun went down so it wasn't all that warm.

So all in all I had a blast! I haven't been able to see the gators in person since 02. I'm so glad I went to the game.

Here are the pics of the game

I plan on taking pictures of the LSU Bama game as long as it doesn't rain. The other two bama games it was either raining before the game or suppose to do it during the game and I wasn't going to ruin my camera.

GO GATORS!

10-26-2009, 07:21 PM
http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/gg23 ... 0vs%20MSU/ (http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/gg232/PIMking/Florida%20vs%20MSU/)

Helped if I posted a link to the pics.

FiFdYnUtZ
10-26-2009, 07:34 PM
f the gators, go hawks!

Ricky
10-26-2009, 08:01 PM
fuck the hawks, go home.

10-26-2009, 11:02 PM
What do you call a hawkeye with a championship ring?

A: a Thief!

FiFdYnUtZ
10-26-2009, 11:28 PM
8-0 bitches!

DustinsDuster
10-27-2009, 03:40 AM
8-0 bitches!

"yeah, but they havent played any real teams yet" (rolls eyes)

85XR7Project
10-27-2009, 08:09 AM
Geez that Iowa .vs. MSU game was a joke. They won by luck.

10-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Yes I agree. Beating UNI by blocking TWO LAST SECOND FIELD GOALS is all skill

Or beating the arky state at home by 3 is sooooooooooo impressive....

OSU will curbstomp the chickenhawks and everything will be over.

For christ sake learn how to win. You guys just beat Mich and you storm the field on a team that is so far gone is not even funny. Its like last year when you stormed the field after beating ISU.

Iowa has always been irellavent in CFB history and wont change this year.

FiFdYnUtZ
10-27-2009, 12:51 PM
look at the combined records of the teams we have beat vs. your all mighty gators, texas, etc...its durastic, iowa has always played to their competition...kind of like double digit wins over penn state and wisconsin on the road vs. squeaking out games with msu and uni....i think your going to be greatly surprised this year...

JacobS
10-27-2009, 04:55 PM
these kind of conversations put me to sleep...talking/watching football is boring.

10-27-2009, 10:17 PM
Yeah once they lose to OSU everthing will be back to normal then they will get a bcs bid and curbstomped by USC again.

allgo
10-28-2009, 06:42 AM
Yes I agree. Beating UNI by blocking TWO LAST SECOND FIELD GOALS is all skill

Or beating the arky state at home by 3 is sooooooooooo impressive....

OSU will curbstomp the chickenhawks and everything will be over.

For christ sake learn how to win. You guys just beat Mich and you storm the field on a team that is so far gone is not even funny. Its like last year when you stormed the field after beating ISU.

Iowa has always been irellavent in CFB history and wont change this year.

Wow do you really want to go there... a win is a win period. You stay down there with all your gun slinging drug dealing girlfriend beating basket weaving thugs..... oh yeah your so called 5 star studs while we will just keep on wininng with are 2 an 3 star real football players. Last time I checked when little old iowa played the big bad gators we got fucked by a call that would have sent it into ot... then 2 years before that we curb stomped the big bad gators.. dude its college football anything can happen on any given saturday... storming the field is just about happy fans, good luck next year when the legend tebow is gone.. ( I do like him alot though)
Now come back on here and tell me how florida is so much better cause of the sec is so good and the big ten sucks.. lol ( Iowa beat down south caralina last year in a bowl from the sec)

Scott
10-28-2009, 07:23 AM
What dummy would go on IOWAautoforums and start bragging about being a Florida fan?? No one here cares about Florida or their god Tebow!! One thing to remember is Florida has no where to go but down, at least Iowa is improving greatly and giving us fans "best fans in college football" something to be excited about by going undefeated and playing good teams at that! Iowa never really has been a high scoring shut out team and probably never will be, but at least they're winning games consistantly whether its 1 point or 14. Good job goes out to Dustins cousin Angerer

Mufflover
10-28-2009, 07:28 AM
Isnt florida and slurbing meyer under investigation right now for some of the calls in two of there games? Florida can go eat gator poop for all I care.

Scott
10-28-2009, 08:10 AM
LOL that wouldnt surprise me, they seem to get away with alot!! but then again any team other than the one your rooting for seems to get away with alot

FiFdYnUtZ
10-28-2009, 10:14 AM
yeah i like the storming the field comment, i was in that crowd for most of them and i can tell you its all about having fun and pride for your team, you cant beat being in iowa city on gameday....

K-ville
10-28-2009, 10:22 AM
Hawkeyes are the shit thats all

10-28-2009, 01:41 PM
yeah i like the storming the field comment, i was in that crowd for most of them and i can tell you its all about having fun and pride for your team, you cant beat being in iowa city on gameday....

I have been to iowa city for a couple of games and lived there. I was in starkville and the tailgating blows IC out of the water. also the Tide has been ranked number one in tailgating in the country by espn. you dont know what football is until your in the south. sorry but they eat sleep shit football down here and its all aboutthe tide. Plus its called learning how to win. Iowa doesn't know how to win. You dont storm the field agianst team your suppose to beat.

As for beating Florida good for you. We were outcoached big time by ferentz and zook is a complete idiot. But I guess when we have 2 national championships in 3 years and iowa has NONE it kinda hurts. Also in 2006 we curb stomped the pride of the little 11. Congrats for iowa being decent this year but they are not in the top calibre teams in the country.

have fun watching football when its 40* outside when I go to jacksonville this weekend and tailgate when its 75* outside.

10-28-2009, 01:43 PM
What dummy would go on IOWAautoforums and start bragging about being a Florida fan?? No one here cares about Florida or their god Tebow!! One thing to remember is Florida has no where to go but down, at least Iowa is improving greatly and giving us fans "best fans in college football" something to be excited about by going undefeated and playing good teams at that! Iowa never really has been a high scoring shut out team and probably never will be, but at least they're winning games consistantly whether its 1 point or 14. Good job goes out to Dustins cousin Angerer

I grew up in florida ass hole. I only lived in iowa for the last 8 years.

Its hard to type right now becasue the forum isnpworking right

Scott
10-28-2009, 02:42 PM
well go to floridaautoforums then.. asshole LOL

I like when you say Iowa doesnt know how to win and then talk about Iowa beating Florida in the next paragraph.

DustinsDuster
10-28-2009, 02:43 PM
You dont storm the field agianst teams your suppose to beat

and what if your team is "supposed to beat" everyone? youre telling me OSU or Florida fans never storm the field?

Congrats for iowa being decent this year but they are not in the top calibre teams in the country.

isnt it more entertaining to watch the underdog team overcome the odds and win against the heavily favored team? wouldnt you want to see a 12 second street car some how manage to beat a 10 second drag car? Iowa is like that beat up sleeper farm truck from that episode of PINKS; you dont expect shit from it, and then it manages to surprise everyone...

K-ville
10-28-2009, 02:50 PM

I have been to iowa city for a couple of games and lived there. I was in starkville and the tailgating blows IC out of the water. also the Tide has been ranked number one in tailgating in the country by espn. you dont know what football is until your in the south. sorry but they eat sleep shit football down here and its all aboutthe tide. Plus its called learning how to win. Iowa doesn't know how to win. You dont storm the field agianst team your suppose to beat.

As for beating Florida good for you. We were outcoached big time by ferentz and zook is a complete idiot. But I guess when we have 2 national championships in 3 years and iowa has NONE it kinda hurts. Also in 2006 we curb stomped the pride of the little 11. Congrats for iowa being decent this year but they are not in the top calibre teams in the country.

have fun watching football when its 40* outside when I go to jacksonville this weekend and tailgate when its 75* outside.

8-0

yup we dont know how to win

snickerlicker
10-28-2009, 04:32 PM
Read it and weep gator lover, and from a Florida paper no less:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports ... ators.html (http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college/2009/10/computer-rankings-heart-iowa-not-the-gators.html)

allgo
10-28-2009, 05:15 PM
OH SNAP!!!

FiFdYnUtZ
10-28-2009, 06:47 PM
HAHAHAHAHAH!!!

K-ville
10-28-2009, 06:55 PM
amazing!

Jappbox
10-28-2009, 08:44 PM
LOL Thats awesome Iowa does have the toughest Scedule. Is this not the same guy who had a DSM with DSM Link and could not get it to run right??

10-28-2009, 09:13 PM
yeah that was me. Sorry I dont have alot of money to piss on vehicles like some poeple.

But I guess the paul walker look alike is going to talk shit.

Besides the only poll that matters right now is the BCS and iowa isn't number one.

Once Iowa wins a national title then you can talk. Until then you have nothing and cant talk shit.

But I guess when you guys are getting all butt hurt because some guy that grew up in florida moves to iowa doesn't drink the iowa kool aid and become a hawkeye fan talks about the team that he grew up watching and you throw personal crap be my guests.

I started this thread to show some pictures from MSU UF game that I attended and some iowa honk went all dumb ass about it.

Congrats on being undefeated just dont see ya guys winning out. even if you do a 12-0 UF or bama and texas goes before you.

JacobS
10-28-2009, 09:52 PM
:CRYMERIVER: :bawling:

FiFdYnUtZ
10-28-2009, 10:06 PM
lol the only poll that matters to you is the only one without iowa as #1, thats funny..

JacobS
10-28-2009, 10:11 PM
he should just go smoke some pole....

i have no idea what this conversation is about hahaha

10-28-2009, 11:03 PM
I will give it to iowa fans when I lived in iowa city. even when they were going for alamo bowls the fans still thought they were the best. I do think its funny that on other football boards all the bandwagon iowa fans that jumped on. I also do say that Iowa has some hardcore fans.

I am no means a bama fan the fiance's dad works for the university and she goes to UA. But these guys down in alabama do not support any pro sports since they were neglected for so long. They dont even like the NFL. It's all about the tide and tigers.

It is kinda nice watching girls run around in very skimpy clothes. It was mid 70*'s today. I have been to kinnick a few times it has it's appeal but its not southern football to me.

I honestly was just checking in and showing some pictures of my game I attended in starkville but I guess iowa fans are still pissed they are getting no love.

Bama fans make the biggest stink about not being number one and how UF only beat TENN by 10 but took a desperation block to beat them but its okay because they are bama.

I bet ole kirk has some more NFL talks going on this winter with the season he is having.

any who I guess you guys can make fun of me all you want. Whatever makes you feel better about yourselfs.

Scott
10-29-2009, 07:49 AM
Hey man you brought this on yourself, if any Iowa fans go on some Florida forum you can guarantee we would get shit too.. Its pretty simple, quit talking about football and we can all go on ignoring you again

K-ville
10-29-2009, 07:50 AM
I will give it to iowa fans when I lived in iowa city. even when they were going for alamo bowls the fans still thought they were the best. I do think its funny that on other football boards all the bandwagon iowa fans that jumped on. I also do say that Iowa has some hardcore fans.

I am no means a bama fan the fiance's dad works for the university and she goes to UA. But these guys down in alabama do not support any pro sports since they were neglected for so long. They dont even like the NFL. It's all about the tide and tigers.

It is kinda nice watching girls run around in very skimpy clothes. It was mid 70*'s today. I have been to kinnick a few times it has it's appeal but its not southern football to me.

I honestly was just checking in and showing some pictures of my game I attended in starkville but I guess iowa fans are still pissed they are getting no love.

Bama fans make the biggest stink about not being number one and how UF only beat TENN by 10 but took a desperation block to beat them but its okay because they are bama.

I bet ole kirk has some more NFL talks going on this winter with the season he is having.

any who I guess you guys can make fun of me all you want. Whatever makes you feel better about yourselfs.
first of all your acting like a eight year old so drop the im a better person than you b/s. if you think this will be the first time ferentz is going to get talked to by the nfl your a idiot. bottom line we can win we are good loyal fans and sorry insest is frowned on here in iowa and ruins the southern atmosphere you love so much.

10-29-2009, 11:53 AM
wow incest?

8 years old?

okay i'm done. Out for good. obviously once your wet dream gets crushed in columbus everyone will make excuses

10-29-2009, 11:58 AM
Yes I guess missing a bowl game in the last 5 years is a great track record.

10-29-2009, 11:59 AM
Hey man you brought this on yourself, if any Iowa fans go on some Florida forum you can guarantee we would get shit too.. Its pretty simple, quit talking about football and we can all go on ignoring you again

Your sooooo cool when I get in my 30's I wasnt to spend my time talkin shit to people on a message board.

FUCK you all have fun in the snow.

sparkles
10-29-2009, 12:22 PM

Your sooooo cool when I get in my 30's I wasnt to spend my time talkin shit to people on a message board.

Even us Clone fans? I've been nice :yawinkle:

Mufflover
10-29-2009, 01:04 PM
When you look in the mirror does the reflection say dickhead on your forehead?

K-ville
10-29-2009, 01:09 PM
wow incest?

8 years old?

okay i'm done. Out for good. obviously once your wet dream gets crushed in columbus everyone will make excuses
this coming from the guy who made a fast and furious reffrence stop actin like a tool and i wont say stupid shit. u can talk about our past seasons all you want.. we know what happened we were there and it doesnt change the fact were 8-0 and lovin life this year so do us all a favor and forget your password.

FiFdYnUtZ
10-29-2009, 01:10 PM
i think he not only forgot it, he deleted it lol..

Scott
10-29-2009, 01:35 PM

In my 30's?? Im 25 dude, how old are you?

Ricky
11-02-2009, 10:36 AM
scott your 25? Blows my minds. I always thought you were in your 30's too... i guess i should pay attention :-/

Scott
11-02-2009, 06:03 PM
yeah dude!!!! im getting old fast. can't use age for a excuse anymore, kinda sucks

Ricky
11-02-2009, 08:10 PM
at least you can rent a 4x4 at a rental place.... It took me 20 minutes get them to let me take the 4x4 i need! I get to get it muddy tomorrow! sorry for the off topic. Proceed

DustinsDuster
11-03-2009, 03:43 AM
wont continue much- PIMking deleted his account...

K-ville
11-03-2009, 08:22 AM
wont continue much- PIMking deleted his account...

no loss there

FiFdYnUtZ
11-03-2009, 12:18 PM
i gurantee he still looks at this thread though hahaha......THE GATORS F*CKING SUCK BALLS! (he cant defend his precious team now!)

K-ville
11-03-2009, 02:21 PM
i gurantee he still looks at this thread though hahaha......THE GATORS F*CKING SUCK BALLS! (he cant defend his precious team now!)

the gators are amazing actuall but he does suck balls

Scott
11-03-2009, 02:32 PM
EYE GOUGERS!!!

FiFdYnUtZ
11-03-2009, 03:52 PM
no, they suck, because they arent the hawkeyes, every team except them sucks balls ;)

K-ville
11-03-2009, 05:52 PM
no, they suck, because they arent the hawkeyes, every team except them sucks balls ;)

im a hawkeye fan and a realist haha

GO HAWKS!

FiFdYnUtZ
11-03-2009, 06:50 PM
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs110.snc3/15741_780430648709_14821574_44881198_6272144_n.jpg

K-ville
11-03-2009, 09:09 PM
that should be on a shirt!

Ricky
11-04-2009, 07:46 AM
poor UNI :(

85XR7Project
11-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Poor MSU :(

FiFdYnUtZ
11-04-2009, 10:35 AM
have no mercy! they are all a bunch of scrubs...

Ricky
11-04-2009, 11:27 AM
i had my purple UNI shirt on for the first game.... I went to iowa city and went to the magic bus.

You iowa fans didnt have very nice things to say lol.... and my big mouth had a lot to say back.

Im amazing i didnt get my ass kicked.

FiFdYnUtZ
11-04-2009, 12:07 PM
lol yeah i generally have a bigger mouth then i can back up during the games, thankfully i have the entire town of iowa city to back me up...

Ricky
11-04-2009, 02:33 PM
lol yeah i generally have a bigger mouth then i can back up during the games, thankfully i have the entire town of iowa city to back me up...

thats the problem.... i didnt... i had the town of IC against me but one flex of the guns and they backed down lol