PDA

View Full Version : This For That: My New Ride

Luminatorz34
10-25-2009, 09:05 AM
I got myself into a trade yesterday. And just in time for winter too! Traded my 95 monte carlo for this 97 blazer.....i have done quite a bit of trading in the last year, lol. Bought a 88 bronco a few years ago, traded it for the monte, now trading the monte for the blazer...no cash out of pocket on any of them haha. so i cant complain...the blazer is loaded down leather full options the works. everything but sunroof. awd also...only thing is there is a input seal that went out between the trans and xfer case so she likes to leak some trans fluid (which will hopefully be fixed today) and the trans mount is shot, so much that it allows some flexign and allows the front driveshaft's u joints to beat the crap out of the floor. ( nothng a lil hammer action cant fix for the mean time) haha but im happy...thought id share

bought this:
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii44/Stevecz28/bronco/003.jpg

Traded for this:
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii44/Stevecz28/monte/004.jpg

which i then traded for this:
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii44/Stevecz28/blazer/20091004_040.jpg

Drifte
10-25-2009, 10:18 AM
I didnt know the blazer's came awd, I know the Bravadas do. I'd go check that front steering/suspension really good. 90% chance it needs ball joints at the least.

Luminatorz34
10-25-2009, 06:48 PM
got her all fixed up today....no seals were out...previous owner just neglected to put rtv around the cases....lol 5 dollar fix. but all day to fix....but im happy now!

sLoWnStEaDy
10-25-2009, 11:24 PM
nice... I think Blazers are only RWD or selectable 4WD though... Atleast my moms '95 is that way... heres a little trade I did over the last year or so...
It started with buying a big 'ole F350 crew cab/long box, traded that for a fox body mustang on here, traded that for a '66 cadillac, traded that for the CRX I had, took a partial trade on that (he gave me $2K as well) for the Z34 which I traded to you for the bronco which I then traded for my SuperCoupe...

One thing I have come to realize, pretty much every car I have had so far has linked back to my '88 mustang which was my first car I got in High School form Brandon Phillips grandpa... sold that and used the money to buy a different car, traded/sold every car and used the money to buy more cars etc... It all stems back to the 'ole fox convertable

Luminatorz34
10-26-2009, 08:48 AM
yea i thought this blazer was selectable 4wd also..but browsing around on google let me know that they were awd..cuz their is a spot on the dash where some have the 4wd switch and this one doesnt have it. but it has a transfer case and driveshafts for both the front end and rear ends. also there are no electrical plugs for the transfer case either. so that also tells me its awd.

sLoWnStEaDy
10-26-2009, 08:53 AM
yea i thought this blazer was selectable 4wd also..but browsing around on google let me know that they were awd..cuz their is a spot on the dash where some have the 4wd switch and this one doesnt have it. but it has a transfer case and driveshafts for both the front end and rear ends. also there are no electrical plugs for the transfer case either. so that also tells me its awd.

HHMMM.... Neat, learned something new today...

Luminatorz34
10-26-2009, 09:49 AM
yeah i know....its neat finding new stuff out.....apparently 97 was the first year for the awd in blazers