PDA

View Full Version : CFR 10/24 Another record setting weekend for all...

OldSkoolRCR
10-24-2009, 09:16 PM
First off... A BIG CONGRATS :supz: to Steve'O and Chris, the newest member to the 8sec club, Stevo'Os white mustang 8.91et @ 154.2mph

NEW BEST TIMES:

George 9.56et @ 140.6 mph
Steve'O 8.91et @ 154.2 mph
Rossie 8.79et @ 155.6 mph
Vetto 9.15et @ 156.2 mph (DesMoines)
Dean 10.60et @ 128 mph N/A first pass of the year with the new set-up
Batwood 13.20et
Cobra Rob 11.80et with no bottle pressure
Mike Alllen 10.61et @ 125 mph
Matt Allen 10.99et @ 121.4 mph

Scott Taylor....NO PASS (BROKE)

Congrats to all it was a BAD AZZ day at the track good weather, good track cond. CR's got some FAST AZZ street cars no doubt!!!

VIDEO of all passes will follow hopefully Sunday, eve stay tuned...

snickerlicker
10-24-2009, 09:31 PM
Track was hookin!! Can't wait to see the video. Congrats to all. Happy to see steveo and c-lo get the white notch into the 8's.

K-ville
10-24-2009, 09:35 PM
good runs made by all! good work

69gt4speed
10-24-2009, 09:38 PM
Yea tell Dean thank's for the bottle offer, I appreciate that. I saw in line #2 time I had nothing for pressure so switched it off, otherwise it would of blubbered like you couldn't believe. I'm stupid for not weighing the bottle or just filling it. Never the less I saw some major great ets for cr cars... Vito wanted a 8, sorry man you did not get it.. Hat's off to all.... Myself got to launch at 4k w/o major wheelspin...Thank's also George for the bottle offer, I was just too ticked off to see, after the can deal.... It turned out a ok... I turned a 11.85 on the s/c @ 12# w those tires w me driving.. Et streets ftw...

StreetSweeper
10-24-2009, 10:12 PM
Good time no doubt! I went up for a 9.5 un loaded made one pass got my 9.5 and loaded back up.. Cheers to 2009!

JacobS
10-24-2009, 11:15 PM
let the bench racing begin!!

Domestic Disturbance
10-25-2009, 01:17 AM
let the bench racing begin!!
Bring it to the streets, I'll take all you homo's down!

69gt4speed
10-25-2009, 04:52 AM
Good time no doubt! I went up for a 9.5 un loaded made one pass got my 9.5 and loaded back up.. Cheers to 2009!

Yea I saw that run, that camaro lifted the front tires 6/12" and ran hard, it was great. :bigthumb: The silver stang... man that thing flew... I tried to watch all the cr area cars, I was mighty impressed.. :supz: That track is the tits... Just wish we had more runs...

Mike@Salkowski-Motorsport
10-25-2009, 07:36 AM
congrats everyone,bad ass day for sure. It was also great bullshitting with you guys

BIG HP
10-25-2009, 07:48 AM
Another MSCA car in the 8'S! Bad ASS!! The CR cars(and vito) were definately DOORIN some ass yesterday! Congrads to everyone! Thanks again to EDDY B for doin all the videoin! Maybe you should put the camara down and put that silver car in the 9's!

We might not have seen the last of steve O's stang this year, I predict a 8.60's out of that car if he goes again this year!

30lbsboost
10-25-2009, 07:49 AM
You guys have no idea how bad I wanted to show everyone how much better my car runs now....but the old 10 bolt was on borrowed time, lol.....even with the 10 boilt finally buying the farm, i had a good time, the weather was fantastic! nice seing everyone.

ED said it perfect, CR does have some fast street cars!

hey george, better get that chute on this winter, i think your going to be needing it alot next year! ...and a few of you other guys!

K-ville
10-25-2009, 08:13 AM
Another MSCA car in the 8'S! Bad ASS!! The CR cars(and vito) were definately DOORIN some ass yesterday! Congrads to everyone! Thanks again to EDDY B for doin all the videoin! Maybe you should put the camara down and put that silver car in the 9's!

We might not have seen the last of steve O's stang this year, I predict a 8.60's out of that car if he goes again this year!

I wanna see a 8.60 out of you!

BIG HP
10-25-2009, 08:22 AM
I don't know about that? i think that is about it for my car. I'm happy with how it ran this year. Cage and maybe alittle head work this winter and call it good. Guess i could turn up the boost!! can't wait to see your car when it's done.

69gt4speed
10-25-2009, 08:43 AM
^Congrats on getting that silver stang going and running hard.... It was a animal...Glad I saw it run...Def you guys did a damn good job for the runs you had... Yea I told Ed he could of been in 9's no problem...As usual he said the black camaro could go 9.4's. He's a real dad. :supz:

K-ville
10-25-2009, 09:09 AM
I don't know about that? i think that is about it for my car. I'm happy with how it ran this year. Cage and maybe alittle head work this winter and call it good. Guess i could turn up the boost!! can't wait to see your car when it's done.

well im sure you could pick up a bit with some headwork and cut a little weight out of the car. Maybe a few less weight lifting sessions and a couple runs would help you too! haha ive got a 100 pound break on ya just gettin in my car, and thats with moobs! but im workin on em haha. Yea I dont think ivve have the motor to do what you are but i should have a good chassis :bigthumb:

BIG HP
10-25-2009, 09:38 AM
Ya right. All mine is a 331 with mild ported heads (on intake only) and a VORTECH YSI. Nothing special about my combo. yours should run about the same!!

allgo
10-25-2009, 09:45 AM
congrats to all.....

OldSkoolRCR
10-25-2009, 10:22 AM
Well maybee this comming weekend I will try to get my 9sec pass if I decide to go to the MFBA race @ Cordova, I really wish Rob would have had a full bottle of spray I truely think with the way all the way all the others were running it would have been his day also, Dam N20 cars anyway. Kville you got 8 mths to get your car done for next year SO GET ON IT!!!! I kinda feel like Vitto he wants 8s and is so DAM close, and I want 9s and I am so DAM close...lol

K-ville
10-25-2009, 10:29 AM
Well maybee this comming weekend I will try to get my 9sec pass if I decide to go to the MFBA race @ Cordova, I really wish Rob would have had a full bottle of spray I truely think with the way all the way all the others were running it would have been his day also, Dam N20 cars anyway. Kville you got 8 mths to get your car done for next year SO GET ON IT!!!! I kinda feel like Vitto he wants 8s and is so DAM close, and I want 9s and I am so DAM close...lol

if its not done by spring it will be a money issue not a lack of effort :mad:

OldSkoolRCR
10-25-2009, 10:41 AM
congrats everyone,bad ass day for sure. It was also great bullshitting with you guys

Mike, the BS was great!... NOW get that new car done so you can play with us all next year...lol

10-25-2009, 11:27 AM
im on it, working on the motor plate today

K-ville
10-25-2009, 12:28 PM
im on it, working on the motor plate today
i almost did a plate but decided against it at the last min.

10-25-2009, 02:03 PM
motor plate in big hp motors is the only way to go, I didnt feel like having to weld on a piece of the block that holds the mounts on, after a good launch lol

K-ville
10-25-2009, 02:24 PM
motor plate in big hp motors is the only way to go, I didnt feel like having to weld on a piece of the block that holds the mounts on, after a good launch lol

what big hp are we talking? ive never heard of that happening ive see broken motor mounts but not block side

10-25-2009, 03:42 PM
I have seen block distortion in the cylinders and cracked mounting points. I am going to be making around 1250 horsepower at the fly wheel

snickerlicker
10-25-2009, 03:44 PM
You don't need a plate... Big hp, allgo and steveos car make plenty of power, stock style mounts, k-member. Why change what works?!

K-ville
10-25-2009, 04:05 PM
You don't need a plate... Big hp, allgo and steveos car make plenty of power, stock style mounts, k-member. Why change what works?!

thats kinda what i based my decision off of was those exact cars...

Scott
10-25-2009, 05:16 PM
Motor plates are the shit, give you more room for headers "especially if you make your own" and theres no denying its alot stronger of a mount, and helps to stiffen up the whole front of the car as well. Good job to everyone, its amazing that cedar falls was actually hooking with the weather that cold. I would of went up too but I got lazy and my pit crew "summer" was working all day.. ohh well maybe I'll make it up sometime this year still

DustinsDuster
10-25-2009, 05:31 PM
Motor plates are the shit, give you more room for headers "especially if you make your own" and theres no denying its alot stronger of a mount, and helps to stiffen up the whole front of the car as well. Good job to everyone, its amazing that cedar falls was actually hooking with the weather that cold. I would of went up too but I got lazy and my pit crew "summer" was working all day.. ohh well maybe I'll make it up sometime this year still

yeah, and if you went, you probably wouldnt have made it over to Al's kickass party!

90 notch
10-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Good job everybody!Rossi your car flys,george did great.The one guy i was pulling for the hardest was vito,God damn that boy wanted a 8 sec slip worse than me and that's Bad!!The biggest props goes out to lorenzo for taking driving duty and doing it so well and big willie for putting up with our shit all the time.....Great job everyone.Steve o

ProRauder
10-25-2009, 06:24 PM
It was fun watching you guys run Saturday.

Awesome!

FiFdYnUtZ
10-25-2009, 06:54 PM
congrats guys!

10-25-2009, 06:57 PM
I know alot of guys run solid mounts, but I am trying to get the Center of Gravity lower on my car, which is difficult to do with mounts that are made in a stock location. Not saying solid mounts in stock locations dont work. I just know people who have had problems with out running plates and having cylinder block distortion issues.

69gt4speed
10-25-2009, 07:36 PM
I really wish Rob would have had a full bottle of spray I truely think with the way all the way all the others were running it would have been his day also, Dam N20 cars anyway.

Back in the day Evan smith (a great stick driver) w a very similar stockish 03 w lightning pulley ran a 11.5 something w et streets so I don't feel too bad. Heck it only had 19 deg in it. Stock is like 21 deg, I was going to try the 23 deg tune. That was like 25 whp on trent's dyno. Hard to say but always next yr and I'll def go there again. Getting some traction is always helpful... I'm small potatoes but I had fun watching the fast cars.. What I really came for... visit and watching..

You have always impressed me working w George, wish my kid liked cars also... hats off to you... My dad (stepdad) is way too old these days but asks me what I've done w the car.. Reminds me of you back in the day... Kickazz always all out 100%.. Just he had fords...

90 notch... glad to see the stang moving out as it did, you did good man, that speed tells me 8's are in store for you... I hope to see vid of you guys soon...

George, man that black camaro is impressive, wish I'd taken some vid of it launching on the spray... I asked and you don't miss the talon one bit and I see why... This thing works and is reliable, that's a big deal...You got a new best and you were happy... Made me happy too, good job..

Vitoman
10-25-2009, 08:54 PM
I gotta say this is one of the best years Ive had racing in a long time! Its been a blast with all you guys and am looking forward to next year for sure! Thanks for all the help from everyone!

10-25-2009, 09:31 PM
I gotta say this is one of the best years Ive had racing in a long time! Its been a blast with all you guys and am mooking forward to next year for sure! Thanks for all the help from everyone!
your car is moving for sure, great job!

69gt4speed
10-25-2009, 10:14 PM
I gotta say this is one of the best years Ive had racing in a long time! Its been a blast with all you guys and am looking forward to next year for sure! Thanks for all the help from everyone!

Thank's for the tips, I appreciate it... You gotta be one of the nicest cobra guys around...You'll get 8's w that speed...

StreetSweeper
10-25-2009, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys! It has been a kick ass year, im looking forward to next year, hopefully i can talk dad into buying a enclosed trailor and doing some comp racing next year. I will hopefully buy the trailor from him now so we can enjoy both cars on the same day. Ive been sitting in my garage for the past few hours just starring at my car wondoring what to do. It runs so damb good and is so consistant somthing tells me "Don't fix what aint broke" but time will tell, i think the first thing i will do is find a job, cause unemployment don't buy 8 second time slips!

Scott
10-26-2009, 07:00 AM
I know alot of guys run solid mounts, but I am trying to get the Center of Gravity lower on my car, which is difficult to do with mounts that are made in a stock location. Not saying solid mounts in stock locations dont work. I just know people who have had problems with out running plates and having cylinder block distortion issues.

I've been trying to raise the CG of my car! but In a stock suspension car I could see why you would want to lower it though.

Dont know what to tell ya on that one Georgey, cant make progress without trying something but that doesnt mean you have to redo the whole car or engine though..

10-29-2009, 07:42 PM

I've been trying to raise the CG of my car! but In a stock suspension car I could see why you would want to lower it though.

Dont know what to tell ya on that one Georgey, cant make progress without trying something but that doesnt mean you have to redo the whole car or engine though..
The hatch back will need a lower CG in front to keep the wheels on the ground. I am running limiters , and moving the engine down lower in the k member to keep the front weight closer to the ground to prevent bumper dragging wheel stands with the drag radials. I know from experience notchbacks tend to need that extra help with a little higher CG in front to keep the rear tires planted on the launch, because of the weight thats is non existent without the hatch and hatch glass behind the axle centerline. There are many ways to make a car hook and book , and I will not write a book on here about it lol, But this is what has worked for me .