PDA

View Full Version : ROLL CALL for CFR SATURDAY!!!!!

30lbsboost
10-20-2009, 05:42 PM
whos all going up to CFR this saturday?
I hope the weather holds out, should be a fun day :bigthumb:

JacobS
10-20-2009, 06:00 PM
depending on work...ill be going

FiFdYnUtZ
10-20-2009, 07:00 PM
i was planning on it but now i have a birthday dinner at my old ladys parents house :( not likely that im going...

Vitoman
10-20-2009, 08:13 PM
I'll be there. Also trying to get some other locals to go.

30lbsboost
10-20-2009, 08:54 PM
i was planning on it but now i have a birthday dinner at my old ladys parents house :( not likely that im going...

hey doesnt she live near by...if so maybe you could sneak away lol :biggrin:

FiFdYnUtZ
10-20-2009, 08:59 PM
yeah she lives in CF but her rents live here in iowa city :(

30lbsboost
10-20-2009, 10:06 PM
well........then.........tell her you need to go wash your car.....after you return several hours later......tell her you got lost and ended up in cr falls......she will understand ..lol!

Domestic Disturbance
10-20-2009, 10:09 PM
not looking like my car will be ready. Need to drive 400 more miles before saturday. If not I'll tag along with one of my friends thats going

Domestic Disturbance
10-20-2009, 10:11 PM
I thought I was jsut fucked up but there's already a thread about this isnt there?

69gt4speed
10-20-2009, 11:52 PM
Yea George put it up but sh-t changes...You know what d/d, I would bring your car... Secret thing I did to break in clutch.... Take off in 2nd slipping it as you go. Also just get to a hill and slip it a while. All that it needs is surfaces worn to each other. Just make sure you don't heat it too much... Now I have a 800$ clutch setup would I tell you wrong? At 500 mi I was spraying that clutch... That really helped make it smooth. Spec 3+ isn't close to stock and are grabby and chatter as heck. A lil chatter doesn't really matter racing it. Your car though..

I'll be there, cleared through the boss, though my eye looks messed up..lol

Mike@Salkowski-Motorsport
10-21-2009, 12:17 AM
ill be there (on site waterboy) lol

Domestic Disturbance
10-21-2009, 02:06 AM
If I get desperate maybe Rob. Not that I dont trust you, just don't want to take the chance of having to swap it again, and I can't afford it either.

30lbsboost
10-21-2009, 05:00 AM
Yea George put it up but sh-t changes...You know what d/d, I would bring your car... Secret thing I did to break in clutch.... Take off in 2nd slipping it as you go. Also just get to a hill and slip it a while. All that it needs is surfaces worn to each other. Just make sure you don't heat it too much... Now I have a 800$ clutch setup would I tell you wrong? At 500 mi I was spraying that clutch... That really helped make it smooth. Spec 3+ isn't close to stock and are grabby and chatter as heck. A lil chatter doesn't really matter racing it. Your car though..

hey rob i look forward to meeting you sat!

i run a spec stage 3......too
pretty agressive clutch, it does not reallt need much break in, i have no problems with my clutch

30lbsboost
10-21-2009, 05:15 AM
check georges thread in the midwest street car forum....he has thread jus like this that was started 1st, funny i did not see it, opps!!

Ricky
10-21-2009, 07:28 AM
if i come i think im bringing the bike up.... nothing crazy just a 600cc but i always wondered what i could pull for a time.... (i keep hearing what my bike "should" do with a "good" rider, but i want to know what i can do on it lol.)

Drifte
10-21-2009, 09:56 AM
I just sent my computer in, but I can watch as usual.

FiFdYnUtZ
10-21-2009, 12:12 PM
well........then.........tell her you need to go wash your car.....after you return several hours later......tell her you got lost and ended up in cr falls......she will understand ..lol!

lol thats ballsy, although if i asked her she probably wouldnt mind if i went i just done feel like doing the dance to get my car there and shit, it sucks living an hour away from my car, gets expensive just to drive it haha..

Ricky
10-21-2009, 12:28 PM
I just sent my computer in, but I can watch as usual.

why? and why does that mean you cant beat the living hell out of the talon?

Drifte
10-21-2009, 12:49 PM
The Talons Computer is headed to ECMlink for diagnostics. If you would have kept up last night we could have had some on ramp fun...

but i guess if you werent keeping up in the first place :goodman:

Ricky
10-21-2009, 02:43 PM
The Talons Computer is headed to ECMlink for diagnostics. If you would have kept up last night we could have had some on ramp fun...

you took off too fast.... i had a blinking red light. when i caught you, you had slowed down cuz i was coming up you ass!....(inside joke, i got carried away during a video game once and yelled that... it was fallowed by the game being paused and a long blank look)

LT1Dan
10-21-2009, 03:00 PM
Well, I just got home from work with some good news and bad news...Good News"I get tomorrow off because they don't think they have anything for me to do BUT they are making me work Saturday to get my hours. I tried talking my way out of it but no luck...Hope you weren't planning on riding with me up there Kitch. Sorry about bailing on the fun run 30#s, we'll get one for sure next season though.

Drifte
10-21-2009, 05:12 PM

you took off too fast.... i had a blinking red light. when i caught you, you had slowed down cuz i was coming up you ass!....(inside joke, i got carried away during a video game once and yelled that... it was fallowed by the game being paused and a long blank look)

then we made out

30lbsboost
10-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Well, I just got home from work with some good news and bad news...Good News"I get tomorrow off because they don't think they have anything for me to do BUT they are making me work Saturday to get my hours. I tried talking my way out of it but no luck...Hope you weren't planning on riding with me up there Kitch. Sorry about bailing on the fun run 30#s, we'll get one for sure next season though.

no probelm man theres better days comming next spring

Ricky
10-21-2009, 06:54 PM

then we made out

WTF! shit just got real

Domestic Disturbance
10-21-2009, 08:59 PM
WTF! shit just got real
real scandalous!

Its cool dan. Out of the 3 of us looks like none of us are going now haha

OldSkoolRCR
10-21-2009, 09:01 PM

Little birdie told there is going to be a 100% full weight RED F-body there looking for Rob, complete with charged A/C and CD player , cruise controll...bring your A game Rob...lol

Fire Hawk
10-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Planning on going and running my bro's car to see if we can dip into the 12's before the year is up.

69gt4speed
10-21-2009, 11:26 PM

Little birdie told there is going to be a 100% full weight RED F-body there looking for Rob, complete with charged A/C and CD player , cruise controll...bring your A game Rob...lol

Lol.. yea I know that car, if it does not beat me you owe me.... It's a stalled auto f body those are always good for mid 10's at least w some help. You know I'll try...Lol.. I wish I had that weight.. at least Vito gave me a tip on weight reductions for later..You never know the old dog might get lucky, a blind old dog finds a bone now and then.

30lbsboost
10-22-2009, 04:34 AM
i know i missed the 6 speed shootout rob, but if my car does decide to behave( run good, nothing breaks,lol) then maybe you and i can line up just for fun

69gt4speed
10-22-2009, 11:29 AM
That's fine Scott... I hope the weather is good and we have a good time.

OldSkoolRCR
10-22-2009, 01:33 PM

Lol.. yea I know that car, if it does not beat me you owe me.... It's a stalled auto f body those are always good for mid 10's at least w some help. You know I'll try...Lol.. I wish I had that weight.. at least Vito gave me a tip on weight reductions for later..You never know the old dog might get lucky, a blind old dog finds a bone now and then.

Yep just a stall'ed F-body

30lbsboost
10-22-2009, 06:09 PM
That's fine Scott... I hope the weather is good and we have a good time.

yep me too!

if i can turn a new best in the silver camaro, .......i'll have the beers ready guys!!!!!
i have a good gut feeling for the 1st time in a long time, but still holding my breath( fingers crossed) :prayer:

BIG HP
10-23-2009, 09:51 AM
I heard there might be a silver fox body there looking to door some ass!!!! LOL hope to make it???

snickerlicker
10-23-2009, 09:54 AM
If it shows, I think you are right. Ass doorin for sure!!

OldSkoolRCR
10-23-2009, 04:02 PM
Ut oh!!!

30lbsboost
10-23-2009, 05:38 PM
fixed anouther problem on the car tonight!! a pesky tps sensor , it would test fine, but i would get intermittent tps codes at wot and weird throttle/ idle problems...got it narrowed down the other night, thats been causing all types of mischief this summer, we will see how much it helps with the new one in....dam racecars!

69gt4speed
10-24-2009, 05:15 PM
Major delays and breakage at cfr...And a ton of cars so no one had time to do squat. Dumbazz as I was didn't do right first run, then it was out of spray.. Ran a 11.850 @116.15 on the s/c. w nitrous tune. Reflashed the ecu for s/c timing, but nooo another delay, then bumped a can so said fk it and came home. Big news....later...

30lbsboost
10-24-2009, 08:39 PM
just when i get my car to run right and make good power, I launch and blow the crap of the rearend....was just hopeing for a decent pass before winter
plenty of time to prepare for next year
had my fun and more than my fair share of break downs this year......tring to make up my mind on somthing at the moment.......i might have a big surprise for next year

69gt4speed
10-24-2009, 08:55 PM
I don't want to make it sound like a waste.. many ppl ran a personal best. I did on the s/c. But man I get antsy waitin and waitin. The track guys did good cleaning up.. It hooked good compared to tristate. I didn't check stuff like # in bottle, all my fault... I got a 4k launch first time w a low 1.7 60ft at 16# tire pressure, I just wanted more practice... Wanted to try 23 deg timing, instead of 19. I out et'd a new stock 2010 gt500 w lil drag radials, he ran a 12.1. He had trouble w 1/2 shift. Still not bad, I looked at it closely w hood up.

69gt4speed
10-24-2009, 09:09 PM
just when i get my car to run right and make good power, I launch and blow the crap of the rearend....was just hopeing for a decent pass before winter
had my fun and more than my fair share of break downs this year......tring to make up my mind on somthing at the moment.......i might have a big surprise for next year

Well crap what can I say sh-t happens man, I shelled out 2 halfshafts before, why I hold my breath at the track w this porker and a stick. There's a reason in my case why ppl just put in a 8.8 or 9" sra on these things. Scott btw did offer a bottle, just he left and I can't blame him after he broke.

We were going to line up but didn't happen, he went pop on starting line, game over. One guy's car puked and dumped antifreeze all down the track, tower side.. Bad deal... He broke at tristate too I think.

Fire Hawk
10-25-2009, 10:31 PM

Were you the one sitting in the staging lane with someone taking a propane torch to the bottles in the back of it to heat them up?

30lbsboost
10-27-2009, 04:44 PM

Were you the one sitting in the staging lane with someone taking a propane torch to the bottles in the back of it to heat them up?

alot of people do that, lol ...can you be more specific?

stangvortech
10-27-2009, 05:45 PM
not very smart people do that. use a bottle heater......

JacobS
10-27-2009, 06:06 PM
you just called half of this forum "not very smart" hahahaha

allgo
10-27-2009, 06:09 PM
you just called half of this forum "not very smart" hahahaha

Lets be honest its not very smart.....but I have done it to.lol

30lbsboost
10-27-2009, 08:06 PM
not very smart people do that. use a bottle heater......

I got the idea watching ed and george one day. there faster than both of us...you calling them dumb too??

not the best choice of heating, but if your smart you only get the bottle slightly warm to the touch...thats not going to hurt anything.

were you at the track sat??

stangvortech
10-27-2009, 08:25 PM
I'm saying doing that is stupid. Will it blow up? Most likely no, but do you want to take that chance?( I guess so) I just think that is not a smart thing to do. idk maybe it is just me..... No, I was not at the track. I live 5min from there at school right now though, I was in Chicago.

30lbsboost
10-27-2009, 08:39 PM
I'm saying doing that is stupid. Will it blow up? Most likely no, but do you want to take that chance?( I guess so) I just think that is not a smart thing to do. idk maybe it is just me..... No, I was not at the track. I live 5min from there at school right now though, I was in Chicago.

chicago is pry a better place for you to be....lol
you know im going to blow the doors off your mustang this spring!

JacobS
10-27-2009, 08:41 PM
Uncle T on the smackdown!!

Deimos
10-27-2009, 08:45 PM
It's BIG!

30lbsboost
10-27-2009, 09:05 PM
It's BIG!

if your talking about what I think you are........dont let the cat out of the bag yet!!

stangvortech
10-27-2009, 09:20 PM

hahaha What are you trying to say?
lol I will be waiting.... This will have to be on the street...... I wont pass tech.... This is going to be a long good winter.....lol

DustinsDuster
10-27-2009, 09:21 PM

substitute using a torch to heat the bottle with street racing. will you crash? most likely no, but do you want to take the chance?( I guess so) I just think that is not a smart thing to do. idk maybe it is just me.....

all a point of view thing. some people think its perfectly safe to jump out of a plane- others would never fathom it. speeding down the track as fast as you can is unsafe to an extent, but where do you draw the line? are you going to be the universal judge for these things? no? yep, thats why we call them opinions big guy.

stangvortech
10-27-2009, 09:31 PM

substitute using a torch to heat the bottle with street racing. will you crash? most likely no, but do you want to take the chance?( I guess so) I just think that is not a smart thing to do. idk maybe it is just me.....

all a point of view thing. some people think its perfectly safe to jump out of a plane- others would never fathom it. speeding down the track as fast as you can is unsafe to an extent, but where do you draw the line? are you going to be the universal judge for these things? no? yep, thats why we call them opinions big guy.

Yea, I realize. Nitrous oxide systems says do not do this thats all....

30lbsboost
10-27-2009, 09:42 PM

lol I will be waiting.... This will have to be on the street...... I wont pass tech.... This is going to be a long good winter.....lol

maybe you should invest in the proper safety equipment to race at the track? not very smart to be racing on the street....it might be cheaper in the long run.

stangvortech
10-27-2009, 10:07 PM

maybe you should invest in the proper safety equipment to race at the track? not very smart to be racing on the street....it might be cheaper in the long run.

Well, you sort of got me there. My car is a dd 6 months out of the year. I have been to the track maybe 6 times in my life to race. So it is not worth it to me for to do that and there are other reason that I cant cage it ect....

69gt4speed
10-27-2009, 11:06 PM
Scott he won't prob pass tech, it's got hand controls.... He had a accident man but he's a good guy imo... I've seen the car and it should run good for a street car... I'd say you would have your hands full w it... One thing about the street is it doesn't blow out the rear end.. btw everyone has heated a bottle w a torch and street raced...

black88gt
10-27-2009, 11:44 PM

what happened to this year, still some ok weekends left, grab a sweatshirt

30lbsboost
10-28-2009, 05:17 AM
Scott he won't prob pass tech, it's got hand controls.... He had a accident man but he's a good guy imo... I've seen the car and it should run good for a street car... I'd say you would have your hands full w it... One thing about the street is it doesn't blow out the rear end.. btw everyone has heated a bottle w a torch and street raced...

im sure hes a good guy, just like 90% of everyone on here, rob.....just some friendly smack talk. him and I have talked about raceing each other in the past

30lbsboost
10-28-2009, 05:32 AM

im refering to racing next year, already working on next yrs combo, haha! :neener:

sparkles
10-28-2009, 08:20 AM

They also say to pull WAY too much timing out for the same reason. It's just to cover their butt. Kinda like stop signs. They're just a suggestion per say, not gospel.

Mufflover
10-28-2009, 09:40 AM

They also say to pull WAY too much timing out for the same reason. It's just to cover their butt. Kinda like stop signs. They're just a suggestion per say, not gospel.

You are fucking stupid... putting a torch to something that will blow up is not smart, i know people do it but why put the guy in the staging lanes next to you in harms way. sparkles how fast is your car?

FiFdYnUtZ
10-28-2009, 10:10 AM
lol people have been heating bottles with torches since nitrous has been introduced, and i doubt a single bottle has exploded from it (if you watch your pressure), but its also not NHRA legal to do so, george and I know this first hand HAHA...and muff, why do you ask everyone how fast their car is? you sound like a fucking kid in a cavalier at the street races...if you wanna know, get your ass out in the open, meet some people, race some people, and then you'll know...

69gt4speed
10-28-2009, 10:20 AM
The bottle has a pressure relief disk set at around 1200/1400#, though a 10# bottle popping off all a once isn't a good thing... Ppl have had them pop off like down in arizona in the sun.. But it was 50 sat. something that's awful hard for a bottle htr to warm up...

FiFdYnUtZ
10-28-2009, 10:37 AM
yeah i have seen the pics of it happening from the sun, totalled the car....but its much safer when you are heating it and have an eye on the pressure, i would never take one above about 1050psi anyway...but i have a heater...

Guch
10-28-2009, 11:21 AM
Relief Disc is closer to 3000#. By using a torch you not only put yourself and the people around you at risk but also the person filling your bottles. It's done all the time and sometimes gets the job done but it's not right.

stangvortech
10-28-2009, 11:45 AM
Relief Disc is closer to 3000#. By using a torch you not only put yourself and the people around you at risk but also the person filling your bottles. It's done all the time and sometimes gets the job done but it's not right.

This is all I was getting at. I do race on the street and bla bla I know not smart.....There is not a chance in hell that I will get on to the track(I dont think, I will try I guess) The cars that do blow up down south are toast. Imagine standing there when it happens....idk :Hangman:

FiFdYnUtZ
10-28-2009, 11:48 AM
yeah i doubt i'll keep my bottle in the car during the summer, it gets HOOOTTT in my garage, the last thing i want is coming home to my hatch laying on my hood...

but stangvortech, you could likely get a couple passes in before they throw you out, unless your hand controls and shit arent legal...because how do they know what you will run and what you will need for safety equipment?

Scott
10-28-2009, 12:45 PM
Just because a safety disc blows off doesnt mean any damage is going to happen, its just like opening the bottle valve without a line on it, but it has a non directional nozzle on it so it doesnt turn into a projectile. I have been in a car when a burst disc has blown and it was loud I cant lie, but non-dramatic all in all, just a big nitrous could out the back of the car and some frozen lines.. The only reason I can see a bottle exploding is if the material strength has been comprimised somehow AND the safety blow off has been blocked. One thing to remember is if you use a blow down tube adapter, make sure NOT to over tighten the burst disc or it will blow off at lower pressure, and make sure to ALWAYS put the cap on it when the blow down isnt connected

black88gt
10-28-2009, 12:49 PM

im refering to racing next year, already working on next yrs combo, haha! :neener:

im referring to this year, a 10 bolt can be rebuilt pretty quick

FiFdYnUtZ
10-28-2009, 12:52 PM
lol already smack talkin about next year after nothing happened this year! if you cant tune a h/c nitrous car, how in the hell are you going to tune that big turbo lsx?!?

stangvortech
10-28-2009, 02:04 PM
yeah i doubt i'll keep my bottle in the car during the summer, it gets HOOOTTT in my garage, the last thing i want is coming home to my hatch laying on my hood...

but stangvortech, you could likely get a couple passes in before they throw you out, unless your hand controls and shit arent legal...because how do they know what you will run and what you will need for safety equipment?

idk I will try for sure. It is a vert, 500 hp, and I dont know what they will say about my hand controls?(I should call and see if they say anything).

FiFdYnUtZ
lol already smack talkin about next year after nothing happened this year! if you cant tune a h/c nitrous car, how in the hell are you going to tune that big turbo lsx?!?

haha that is what I'm thinking unless he takes it some where to get tuned......

sparkles
10-28-2009, 02:53 PM

You are fucking stupid... putting a torch to something that will blow up is not smart, i know people do it but why put the guy in the staging lanes next to you in harms way. sparkles how fast is your car?

You have DEFINITELY watched too much "Fast & Furious" movies. My car?...I'm gonna be touching 15s next year :neener: Why you ask? Need some advice on how to get your pile moving?

Scott
10-28-2009, 03:03 PM
It doesnt have to be flammable to blow up genius.. I need some advice on how to get my pile moving faster, what do you suggest??

JacobS
10-28-2009, 03:46 PM

idk I will try for sure. It is a vert, 500 hp, and I dont know what they will say about my hand controls?(I should call and see if they say anything).

FiFdYnUtZ

i dont think they will worry about your hand controls. Unless you cant get out of the car quickly in case of an accident. you know what i mean? since its a vert, they will be more worried about the cage after your first pass. just my .02

30lbsboost
10-28-2009, 04:49 PM

your funny man.....my heads cam , nitrous car runs awesome now....a sporadic tps sensor was the problem, it tested fine every time, till the thing finally tested bad

hell i ran with in a couple tenths of you with my car running like ass, no tune, nitrous not working correctly, and a 6-speed! hahah!! :neener:

nothing happend this year, hahahahah!! .... still went faster than you :butthead:

30lbsboost
10-28-2009, 04:52 PM
It doesnt have to be flammable to blow up genius.. I need some advice on how to get my pile moving faster, what do you suggest??

you could buy a chevy....haha!

just kidding, I like fords too :biggrin:

30lbsboost
10-28-2009, 04:56 PM

FiFdYnUtZ

you got 500hp?
my engine is tuned just fine now thank you... .....tuned by myself, id bet money that it makes a hell of alot more than 500hp!
I just did not get the chance to get the car down the track sat

sparkles
10-28-2009, 05:25 PM

No shit Sherlock. Maybe we should all define "blow up" here. We talking it makes the bottle explode here or we talking it blows the pressure relief? You're never gonna "blow the bottle up". OK? NEVER. The pressure disc is rated at 3000psi. A bottle is rated even higher. Only thing that would ever happen by torching a bottle is the pressure would get too high (which it's your own dumbass fault for not watching the pressure), and/or you'd mess up your hella cool paint or polish job on the bottle. That's it. Once the disc pops, it's going to vent outside of the car.

Do some research beforehand. It'll look less douchy.

30lbsboost
10-28-2009, 05:50 PM

No shit Sherlock. Maybe we should all define "blow up" here. We talking it makes the bottle explode here or we talking it blows the pressure relief? You're never gonna "blow the bottle up". OK? NEVER. The pressure disc is rated at 3000psi. A bottle is rated even higher. Only thing that would ever happen by torching a bottle is the pressure would get too high (which it's your own dumbass fault for not watching the pressure), and/or you'd mess up your hella cool paint or polish job on the bottle. That's it. Once the disc pops, it's going to vent outside of the car.

agreed....back in the day my bottle blew the psi relief in the white car in the hot sun...NOTHING blew up
there is nothing dangerous about heating the bottle unless some dumb ass keeps the heat on one section of the bottle , and does not move it!

being careful and paying attention to the pressure is what keeps you out of trouble, but again a bottle heater is the best way

OldSkoolRCR
10-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Who gives a fuck how you heat the bottle, just get it done, I fired up the generator the past weekend and set the bottle by the exhuast and heated just fine. Have used the torch also for 20+ years.

Deimos
10-28-2009, 07:44 PM

A chevy engine dur get with the times

Deimos
10-28-2009, 07:49 PM

Sparkles heating the bottle with a torch can weaken its structural intergrity and that CAN cause the bottle to go boom with no combustion. See we are all well aware that nitrous isn't flammable and is a bomb ass oxidizer. In the end who gives a shit if people blow themselves up we all laugh and yell darwinism.

30lbsboost
10-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Who gives a fuck how you heat the bottle, just get it done, I fired up the generator the past weekend and set the bottle by the exhuast and heated just fine. Have used the torch also for 20+ years.

YEP....saw it..........nothing blew up, no one injured, lol
the only thing that resulted in heating the bottle was george getting a new best pass :bigthumb:
now how bad can that be??

stangvortech
10-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Sparkles you are dumb of corse you can blow up a bottle.....

30lbs 500hp is all I will need to bring at this point. If I need more it will take me 10 min and I will have more......

sparkles
10-28-2009, 09:22 PM

Stangvortech, you are dumb, and need to learn sentence structure, spelling, and punctuation.

I'm aware you can weaken the structure of a bottle with a torch, but I doubt that's gonna happen unless you heat the same spot with an entire bottle of propane till it's glowing. In which case, you shouldn't even be around nitrous.

I believe we can all agree a bottle heater is the BEST way, but not the only way. Doesn't work too well at the track, but I personally like to let it soak in a sink full of hot water while keeping an eye on the gauge.

FiFdYnUtZ
10-28-2009, 10:08 PM
yeah water is the "BEST" method, like a trailer bottle heater, etc...then i would say heater is next, etc..

Domestic Disturbance
10-28-2009, 11:15 PM
I like to rub my balls on my bottle and the friction from that warms it up

30lbsboost
10-29-2009, 04:58 AM
yeah water is the "BEST" method, like a trailer bottle heater, etc...then i would say heater is next, etc..

the 1st time i ever heated a bottle back in the day was in a hot bath tub, pulled it out, wraped the bottle in a towel, ran to the car and drove to a test spot :bigthumb:

30lbsboost
10-29-2009, 05:00 AM

:iagree:

30lbsboost
10-29-2009, 05:07 AM

30lbs 500hp is all I will need to bring at this point. If I need more it will take me 10 min and I will have more......

your a dumb ass, lol
your going to need a hell of alot more than 500hp......i can spray 400hp!

Scott
10-29-2009, 07:33 AM

your a dumb ass, lol

LOL yeah dont you wish it was "just that easy" to spray 400!! good luck with that one, looks like you got some bugs to work out with the 100 shot before stepping up..

Domestic Disturbance
10-29-2009, 08:27 AM

your a dumb ass, lol

I'm ready to see this race. Time to stock up some pimp juice so we can get a street nice a prepped. We have a few good spots on our side of town, don't worry :bigthumb:

sparkles
10-29-2009, 09:24 AM

This is my #2 method. Ya know, in case there's no hot water around.

stangvortech
10-29-2009, 12:49 PM

your a dumb ass, lol

oo yea...... how much will I need?? LOL

FiFdYnUtZ
10-29-2009, 12:55 PM
lmao...i would pay a decent amount of money to see you try and spray 400 down the track..400 shot tuning on narrowband readings, now thats funny!

black88gt
10-29-2009, 01:18 PM
lets see this 400 before winter, shouldnt be too hard to get a rear end in it for 1 pass

bets on how long it lasts anyone? i got until the end of 3rd, do i hear more?

FiFdYnUtZ
10-29-2009, 01:35 PM
lol it wouldnt make it to the 1/8 before it spilled its guts all over cfr..

Scott
10-29-2009, 01:47 PM
with a 400 shot in it?? and not running perfectly on a 150 shot, I would say once the nitrous is activated the engine will die or backfire, if it doesnt then probably a melt down not too long after that..

stangvortech
10-29-2009, 02:52 PM
lets see this 400 before winter, shouldnt be too hard to get a rear end in it for 1 pass

what vp yea right maybe if he starts spraying mid 3rd........lol

ZEE
10-29-2009, 02:57 PM

Do you get that funny squeaking sound when you do that. Mine does. :hedbang:

30lbsboost
10-29-2009, 04:33 PM

your a dumb ass, lol

LOL yeah dont you wish it was "just that easy" to spray 400!! good luck with that one, looks like you got some bugs to work out with the 100 shot before stepping up..

what bugs to work out, lol
you need to read better before you post, it will make you appear to be smarter..read this ...........>>>>>
my car runs just fine now on and off the spray

30lbsboost
10-29-2009, 04:41 PM
with a 400 shot in it?? and not running perfectly on a 150 shot, I would say once the nitrous is activated the engine will die or backfire, if it doesnt then probably a melt down not too long after that..

turn back a few pages, check out some other threads, before you post
go back to school and learn how to read

hey if you can spray a car down the track , i guess anyone can, hahahah :butthead:

30lbsboost
10-29-2009, 04:43 PM
lmao...i would pay a decent amount of money to see you try and spray 400 down the track..400 shot tuning on narrowband readings, now thats funny!

ive already been faster than your ass with my car running like crap>>hahahahah!!
:neener:

30lbsboost
10-29-2009, 04:46 PM

what vp yea right maybe if he starts spraying mid 3rd........lol

with a 9" in my car so I can launch harder, i bet you could not catch my rear bumper...lol :neener:

Deimos
10-29-2009, 04:57 PM

hey if you can spray a car down the track , i guess anyone can, hahahah :butthead:

Dude Scott went to school at Wyotech and has had many many runs behind the wheel with the spray.

Domestic Disturbance
10-29-2009, 05:10 PM

No, but I did get kicked out for trying to do it in the staging lanes. I assured them it wouldn't blow up the bottle though...

30lbsboost
10-29-2009, 05:42 PM

Dude Scott went to school at Wyotech and has had many many runs behind the wheel with the spray.

i dont give dont care where he went to school, im far more trained and get 0 respect from you guys

snickerlicker
10-29-2009, 06:14 PM
You don't get any respect on here because your car never has run worth a shit. Once it does people will respect you. You do realize Scottys car is a consistent 8 sec 1/4 mile nitrous car,don't you?!

30lbsboost
10-29-2009, 06:29 PM
You don't get any respect on here because your car never has run worth a shit. Once it does people will respect you. You do realize Scottys car is a consistent 8 sec 1/4 mile nitrous car,don't you?!

define "never" ....you guys never saw it? .....or it never did? ....id like to debate this
I really dont care how fast his car has been, that does not make him the almighty, does it?

Jappbox
10-29-2009, 06:36 PM
Far more trained? What?? Then you would be using a Wideband... I think you want us to respect you, or maybe you want to feel like a star, who knows but in order to get it your going to have to get one of your camaros in the low 10 or even 9's with spray... I mean its a built v8 with 2 stages, full cage and a perichute! if anything you should at least trap the MPH of it. 6 speed you should be doing 140 easy with 2 stages.

30lbsboost
10-29-2009, 06:49 PM
Far more trained? What?? Then you would be using a Wideband... I think you want us to respect you, or maybe you want to feel like a star, who knows but in order to get it your going to have to get one of your camaros in the low 10 or even 9's with spray... I mean its a built v8 with 2 stages, full cage and a perichute! if anything you should at least trap the MPH of it. 6 speed you should be doing 140 easy with 2 stages.

WTF??
dont preach to me about how fast to run....the first time i met you you tried to tell me your car would run 9's ...lol! in your dyno queen world maybe! :WORSHIP:
i never saw it run, so it never happened right?

Jappbox
10-29-2009, 06:55 PM
Nope it didnt happen, but it made the power, and could wipe all 4 of your cars at ouce, in reverse. Hell Ill race anything you got come spring with my STOCK motor supra, o wait you dont street race. Im done not aguing with you, just giving the guys on here something to laugh about.

stangvortech
10-29-2009, 06:56 PM

define "never" ....you guys never saw it? .....or it never did? ....id like to debate this
I really dont care how fast his car has been, that does not make him the almighty, does it?

haha every one saw it at pinks all out.....running real good.....

No is does not make him the almighty, but it sure as hell puts him high up on the pole...
:rolleyes:

LT1Dan
10-29-2009, 07:00 PM

Don't bother debating it. Either post up a time slip or video of it running what it was "supposed to". Otherwise, to use your words, "it never did".

Deimos
10-29-2009, 07:02 PM
U said high on the pole lol

30lbsboost
10-29-2009, 07:05 PM
Nope it didnt happen, but it made the power, and could wipe all 4 of your cars at ouce, in reverse. Hell Ill race anything you got come spring with my STOCK motor supra, o wait you dont street race. Im done not aguing with you, just giving the guys on here something to laugh about.

ill take a rece with you this spring..at the track for $$
and i will not back down....

30lbsboost
10-29-2009, 07:12 PM

Don't bother debating it. Either post up a time slip or video of it running what it was "supposed to". Otherwise, to use your words, "it never did".

you were going to race me sat.... i may have blown up the 10 bolt....but you backed out days before....atleast i showed up..not to mention many others backed out too
at the track sat no one came over to my trailer to take a challange....pussys!!
my car tested very well on the street before sat, the little 10 bolt just would not take anymore

Deimos
10-29-2009, 07:12 PM

i dont give dont care where he went to school, im far more trained and get 0 respect from you guys

I'm very sure you are far more trained in cars you have worked for years at a dealership. Scotty worked maybe 6 months at Ford. But when it comes to going fast and knowing about racing Scotty gets my respect being as he smoked me back in the day when his stang was in the ten's. Hell, even when he's drunk, that boy can still weld. I don't give out respect unless its earned and well when it comes to nitrous Scotty has got it. I'm not agreeing with them saying you can't spray that much. But hell man just cuz my kit does 1800 hp in two stages doesn't mean I'm gonna spray that shit. Do what makes you happy but don't blow the engine for some form of glory.

30lbsboost
10-29-2009, 07:19 PM

haha every one saw it at pinks all out.....running real good.....

No is does not make him the almighty, but it sure as hell puts him high up on the pole...
:rolleyes:

your a dumb fuck
ive never been to pinks all out!

if you want to continue to live in the past by all means please do so, there are pages of that subject on this forum for you to read ...over, and over, and over...again!

Deimos
10-29-2009, 07:22 PM
He meant mustang scotty I think

LT1Dan
10-29-2009, 07:30 PM

you were going to race me sat.... i may have blown up the 10 bolt....but you backed out days before....atleast i showed up..not to mention many others backed out too
my car tested very well on the street before sat, the little 10 bolt just would not take anymore

So, it's never ran what you say it has then. Like I said above, don't debate it. Either prove it did or admit that it never lived up to it's potential.

You can say what you want about me not showing up Saturday. I had to work, no two ways about it. You can act all big and bad about wanting to beat up on my 13 sec. bolt on car, if you want to. Word on the street is you were a little concerned about it in the week leading up...

Heres the deal. I may be new here and this just might be a ritual for you every winter, but it's not even freezing out and I'm already tired of hearing about what your rides do when no ones around. Don't get me wrong, it's great dinner reading material as another member put it, but it gets stale after awhile. Always the same arguement. So either put up or shut up. The badass race car builder act is growing old.

PS: You can come get some next summer if you're still wanting to beat up on my bolton car and Stangs "V6". I think you'll have your hands full. :bigthumb:

PPS: I don't care about your papers that say you know more about cars than I do.

black88gt
10-29-2009, 07:33 PM

Haha he had to work, how many lame excuses have you had? Regardless, lets do it on the street as soon as it dries up. You should door the fuck out of me, come show everyone how well your car runs now w/ the 400 pills. You test on the street, you can do a single run on the street. Same thing just w/ two cars. No bullshit, soon as it dries up.

your a dumb fuck

you know what he meant, and no people havent forgotten

30lbsboost
10-29-2009, 07:35 PM

So, it's never ran what you say it has then. Like I said above, don't debate it. Either prove it did or admit that it never lived up to it's potential.

You can say what you want about me not showing up Saturday. I had to work, no two ways about it. You can act all big and bad about wanting to beat up on my 13 sec. bolt on car, if you want to. Word on the street is you were a little concerned about it in the week leading up...

Heres the deal. I may be new here and this just might be a ritual for you every winter, but it's not even freezing out and I'm already tired of hearing about what your rides do when no ones around. Don't get me wrong, it's great dinner reading material as another member put it, but it gets stale after awhile. Always the same arguement. So either put up or shut up. The badass race car builder act is growing old.

PS: You can come get some next summer if your still wanting to beat up on my bolton car and Stangs "V6". I think you'll have your hands full. :bigthumb:

PPS: I don't care about your papers that say you know more about cars than I do.

i was NEVER concern about your car TRUST ME on that one.....your so called sorce that said i was "concerned" said your car was a pile...not my words, but your buddys

30lbsboost
10-29-2009, 07:43 PM

Haha he had to work, how many lame excuses have you had? Regardless, lets do it on the street as soon as it dries up. You should door the fuck out of me, come show everyone how well your car runs now w/ the 400 pills. You test on the street, you can do a single run on the street. Same thing just w/ two cars. No bullshit, soon as it dries up.

your a dumb fuck

^^^fuck you! ...rich christansen actually took the time to publicly insult me in front of hundreds of people, for no good reason at all....now you assholes will not let it go
im tired of the harassment from arm drop....its a closed subject now!!

LT1Dan
10-29-2009, 07:48 PM
Lol Doesn't hurt my feelings one bit. I don't get wrapped up in petty He said/she said BS and could care less what anyone thinks of my boat anchor. If that's all you have left is some high school style gossip then I guess I was right about it being the same old argument every week.

Have fun planning your next MONSTER BUILD. I'm gonna go have a few beers with some friends on this wonderful Thirsty Thursday.

Oh, and tell your tool dealer I said Hi!

Deimos
10-29-2009, 07:49 PM

your a dumb fuck

^^^fuck you! ...rich christansen actually took the time to publicly insult me in front of hundreds of people, for no good reason at all....now you assholes will not let it go
im tired of the harassment from arm drop....its a closed subject now!!

Seriously? I never heard about this. My favorite pinks is when Rich tries to take off like a badass on a bike and wrecks. I laughed my ass off at that show.

Deimos
10-29-2009, 07:51 PM
Lol Doesn't hurt my feelings one bit. I don't get wrapped up in petty He said/she said BS and could care less what anyone thinks of my boat anchor. If that's all you have left is some high school style gossip then I guess I was right about it being the same old argument every week.

Have fun planning your next MONSTER BUILD. I'm gonna go have a few beers with some friends on this wonderful Thirsty Thursday.

Oh, and tell your tool dealer I said Hi!

Ask that fucker where my digital micrometer is. It's been like a damn year for that. Josh needs to hurry up.

stangvortech
10-29-2009, 07:56 PM
haha this shit is too funny......

30lbs how about you meet me on the street before the snow comes and see what you are talking about. $80 cash $40 punk out? or will the car not be fixed??? LT1dan did not need to show up for your joke run....you did not even get a inch down the track?????

This winter is going to be lots of fun..................

30lbsboost
10-29-2009, 08:30 PM
this is my final post on this web site.........

so read well, shout insuts, laugh all you want, so here it goes...
we threw a cheap car together, just for fun, no real goals in mind for it other than fun.
we had some success, many failures(old worn-out parts, etc) the car went 11.76 @118 i let it bounce off the rev limmiter the last 300-400ft car also stalled at the big end of the track, car was not tuned either.
after the the bearings went in the lower end of the engine, i decided i was done for the yr...my kids watched pinks all the time and still wanted to go to arm drop, i wanted to go too but knew the odds were against us putting a car together and being ready to run good in time.
with many problems getting the car together, we made it, it was amazing just getting the car on the trailer(never even driven yet!!)
the car had countless problems at arm drop, not to mention rich chirstansens "parachute boy" stunt he pulled on me. We went to fuel up at the track once and the dam car lost all power to the starter for about 5min(never done in since) just one example!
i just get the bugs out of the car and the rearend blows up

you guys have insulted me, my pride, my friends and most important my family...
maybe I am a dumb ass like you think, or maybe im a pretty smart guy who had a multiple of problems to fix..think what you want, i dont care any more
argueing with you guys is pointless, and i refuse to do so anymore

so see you at the track.... if you have the balls walk over to my trailer, introduce youself, and challenge me to race.
my advice ..bring your "A" game....dont keep living in the past and gambleing that im racing a pile of crap.

see you all next spring,
Scott

JacobS
10-29-2009, 08:44 PM
i want to hear about the pinks story...PM me if you want. not to laugh, just curious. i hold nothing against you, every one of your cars are still faster then mine. who cares what others think.

JacobS
10-29-2009, 08:50 PM
oh, and if you think you have it bad, look up the threads about the audi s4 in the smackdown, or Rapid Performance in the clubhouse.

stangvortech
10-29-2009, 09:30 PM
30psi. It is the internet, you talked big game. We would like nothing more than for you to come out and back it all up that’s all. There is no need to have a last post. It is all fun and games until we hit the track/streets. You are taking this way to serious. Everyone gets picked on then they either quit talking big game or beat someone..... All you have to do is one and you won’t be picked on.......idk

69gt4speed
10-29-2009, 11:23 PM
I wouldn't worry about it scott, man face it you say it runs good on the street then won't street test it vs me or anyone. And it runs not optimun at the track, yet you say now it runs good. Just do it.. "kick some azz and all will be good"...

I did come by the trailer sat, I did show up sat, I did the man runoff, I would of lined up vs you either time. I tried to play by the rules w my turd... I even put up the trophy.. Your's for the taking... I waited and was patient.. In my opinion all our d/d cars are turds compared to lot of these guys..I tried to even the playing field imo to try to make it a worthwhile chance, a drivers race...

You did not show then and blew the rear at cfr and I'm damn sorry about that.. more than you know.. As you know I fkd up and did not have nitrous, yet I was ready to give it a shot on a 12# boosted stock eaton, 3870# 03.. I ran that 11.850 @ 116... Fair imo. I'm not above hoping for a good day, filling the tank and giving it a go on the street...

Scott
10-30-2009, 08:09 AM

we threw a cheap car together, just for fun, no real goals in mind for it other than fun.
we had some success, many failures(old worn-out parts, etc) the car went 11.76 @118 i let it bounce off the rev limmiter the last 300-400ft car also stalled at the big end of the track, car was not tuned either.
after the the bearings went in the lower end of the engine, i decided i was done for the yr...my kids watched pinks all the time and still wanted to go to arm drop, i wanted to go too but knew the odds were against us putting a car together and being ready to run good in time.
with many problems getting the car together, we made it, it was amazing just getting the car on the trailer(never even driven yet!!)
the car had countless problems at arm drop, not to mention rich chirstansens "parachute boy" stunt he pulled on me. We went to fuel up at the track once and the dam car lost all power to the starter for about 5min(never done in since) just one example!

maybe I am a dumb ass like you think, or maybe im a pretty smart guy who had a multiple of problems to fix..think what you want, i dont care any more

so see you at the track.... if you have the balls walk over to my trailer, introduce youself, and challenge me to race.
my advice ..bring your "A" game....dont keep living in the past and gambleing that im racing a pile of crap.

see you all next spring,
Scott

Hey man no one on here has disrespected your family and friends so please dont bring that into this please! All Im trying to say is your car wasnt consistent on the small shot, and its not that easy to just pill it up to a 400 shot and expect everything to go well, not gonna happen.. I thought I had my car running "good" on small shot, and I ended up picking up .2 -.3 tenths without even changing the nitrous jets, proving it wasnt actually running "good". tuning on the street isnt the same either, assuming you have enough power to blow the tires off there is a totally different load on the motor than when running WOT on the strip the whole way down, theres ALOT more heat in the cylinders on the track then pedaling the car up to 120 mph on the street. I have seen plenty of nitrous cars that have problems going from a 150 shot to a 250 shot.. but hey what do I know, if I can spray a car down the track than anyone can. and yeah I've worked at a dealership for 2 years and had factory training as well, and I can tell you it didnt help me when trying to tune my car to go down the track. You could be a great tech for all I know but if you think its that easy to just go run 8's with a 400 shot you got another thing coming :banghead:

10-30-2009, 10:38 AM

see you all next spring,
Scott

Hey man no one on here has disrespected your family and friends so please dont bring that into this please! All Im trying to say is your car wasnt consistent on the small shot, and its not that easy to just pill it up to a 400 shot and expect everything to go well, not gonna happen.. I thought I had my car running "good" on small shot, and I ended up picking up .2 -.3 tenths without even changing the nitrous jets, proving it wasnt actually running "good". tuning on the street isnt the same either, assuming you have enough power to blow the tires off there is a totally different load on the motor than when running WOT on the strip the whole way down, theres ALOT more heat in the cylinders on the track then pedaling the car up to 120 mph on the street. I have seen plenty of nitrous cars that have problems going from a 150 shot to a 250 shot.. but hey what do I know, if I can spray a car down the track than anyone can. and yeah I've worked at a dealership for 2 years and had factory training as well, and I can tell you it didnt help me when trying to tune my car to go down the track. You could be a great tech for all I know but if you think its that easy to just go run 8's with a 400 shot you got another thing coming :banghead:
very true info, I have been down this road and Scotty couldn't say it any better, I started slow 175 and worked my way to a 500 hit, I had pistons melt even on a perfect tune. Their are way to many variables including camshafts that wont even let the motor ingest all that nitrous with out pissing out the exhaust, or reverting back out the intake. Every camshaft I have had for huge hits was 115- 116 lobe separation angle just to keep all that nitrous usable at that level. When you run a 150 shot to 250 shot, its not anything close to 300 to 500 hits tuning window. Be careful and make sure the piston design, cam shaft design and ignition is up to the cylinder pressures. Good luck. Mike Salkowski

sparkles
10-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Good luck. Mike Salkowski

I don't know why this made me laugh when I thought about it, but God damn you have a cool name, lol. :bigthumb:

Scott
10-30-2009, 11:35 AM
thats because theres a "ski" that the end of it!!!

sparkles
10-30-2009, 11:40 AM
I think it's because it reminds me of the guy with one eye on the movie "Monster's Inc" or Clint Eastwood in "Gran Torino".

Deimos
10-30-2009, 06:05 PM
wow scott I didn't know you worked at zimmerman for 2 years. My how times fly

Mufflover
10-30-2009, 08:17 PM

see you all next spring,
Scott
are you female?

Rollin on Dubs
10-30-2009, 08:55 PM

see you all next spring,
Scott

very true info, I have been down this road and Scotty couldn't say it any better, I started slow 175 and worked my way to a 500 hit, I had pistons melt even on a perfect tune. Their are way to many variables including camshafts that wont even let the motor ingest all that nitrous with out pissing out the exhaust, or reverting back out the intake. Every camshaft I have had for huge hits was 115- 116 lobe separation angle just to keep all that nitrous usable at that level. When you run a 150 shot to 250 shot, its not anything close to 300 to 500 hits tuning window. Be careful and make sure the piston design, cam shaft design and ignition is up to the cylinder pressures. Good luck. Mike Salkowski

You kidding me, Put the kill pills in and throw a bunch of timing at it, with some projectd reah plugs an go for it ( if it starts to detonate it will melt the plugs before it eats the slugs)
and you will be golden! :bigthumb: 8.50s all day!

10-30-2009, 10:42 PM
lol

FiFdYnUtZ
10-31-2009, 10:57 AM
lmao, someone needs to go have a talk with Dr. Phil...

Scott
10-31-2009, 02:41 PM
LOL I love that saying!! it will eat the plugs before it eats the slugs. Nice one Richy

11-01-2009, 12:46 PM
Pill it till you kill it.

K-ville
11-01-2009, 07:27 PM

No, but I did get kicked out for trying to do it in the staging lanes. I assured them it wouldn't blow up the bottle though...

they were just jealous!! haha

K-ville
11-01-2009, 07:30 PM
30lbs you have up until this thread been a cool guy but drop this cocky b/s... or at least drop it until you have something to be cocky about. You got the cars and parts to put down some good times not focus on one car do it all the way it needs to be done and hit the numbers!

Rollin on Dubs
11-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Pill it till you kill it.

so you been browsing the outlaw clothing company's website much mike?[attachment=0:9pdy93ir]pillitshirt.gif[/attachment:9pdy93ir]

FiFdYnUtZ
11-02-2009, 05:02 PM
lmao that shirt is win...

11-02-2009, 06:06 PM
[quote="Mike@Salkowski-Motorsport":inaj116s]Pill it till you kill it.

so you been browsing the outlaw clothing company's website much mike?[attachment=0:inaj116s]pillitshirt.gif[/attachment:inaj116s][/quote:inaj116s]
never seen that shirt, just something my friends and I used to say. Sweet shirt, I have to get one lol

FiFdYnUtZ
11-02-2009, 08:29 PM
i might order one too!

AutoMods
07-24-2013, 11:06 AM
old thread but what ever happened to 30lbsboost ?

Deimos
07-24-2013, 02:03 PM
old thread but what ever happened to 30lbsboost ?
That is Scott T. He got in a argument with George and fiddy and disappeared only to reappear and pretend to be a mustang guy and got called out on it. Nice dude in person and has been building a 101 mm turbo Camaro for as long as I can remember.

AutoMods
07-24-2013, 02:15 PM
what is Scott T's last name? and did you guys ever find out who mufflover really was?

FiFdYnUtZ
07-24-2013, 02:20 PM
Noob

AutoMods
07-24-2013, 02:32 PM
Noob

were u mufflover?

FiFdYnUtZ
07-24-2013, 03:11 PM
Hell no, he was my arch nemesis

Deimos
07-24-2013, 04:56 PM
wasn't mufflover the twins younger neighbor who loved mopars.

StreetSweeper
07-25-2013, 11:35 AM
'You guys might as well stop guessing you will never figure it out!

Deimos
07-25-2013, 01:04 PM
'You guys might as well stop guessing you will never figure it out!

At this juncture it is a moot point.

DustinsDuster
07-30-2013, 03:01 PM

That was Jason, he was 10.5isthewaytobe. He recently contacted me on FB and tried to convince me sell him the Big block I bought for my Duster(it used to be in his car). Fat chance.

skipdownstairs
07-30-2013, 03:36 PM
Soooo how did the race go at cfr Saturday......