PDA

View Full Version : FS: 79 Camaro Z28

warchild145
10-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Well as much as I would prefer not to, I may have to sell my 79 camaro Z28 with t-tops, due to my daily driver puking the engine and my trucks huge repair bill, all at once, how nice.

Anyway the car is a 79 Camaro Z28 from California. I bought it and shipped it here. Car is 99% rust free because I did find a small spot on the t-top area, but forget which side, otherwise I havent seen any rust on the car but I'm sure their is bound to be some somewhere so I wont say completely rust free.

Body: has a dent in the passenger door, about the size of an avergae fist maybe, doesnt appear to bad. Also appears to have a small dent of sorts on the front passenger side where the spoiler is in front of the front wheel. The paint job is peeling as it was painted over the original white and they didnt do the best of jobs on it. Also appears to be some bondo filling a hole on the hood but looks to be an easy fix.

Interior: Pretty much needs completely redone. I have front and rear seats. Needs a headliner as its missing. Needs rear package tray, carpet, dash etc. Figure it needs it all.

Engine, transmission, rear end: Engine is a 350 that burns some oil and when it sits for a long period of time takes a little time to get it running. The car sat for a good 5-6 years before I purchased it and got it running which included putting all new electronic parts inthe distributor, plugs and wires. Seems to run alright but carb does need cleaned out and rebuilt more then likely from sitting.

Transmission is an auto th-350. Shifts fine and dont seem to be any issues with it other then their is a leak somewhere, which is beleived to be the pan leaking as it will leak fluid when it sits but doesnt seem to get any worse when running so not 100% certain, havent looked into it yet.

Rear end: i think it may be a 3.42 unsure if its a posi or not, but I will say no and if it is you get a nice suprise. The rear sway bar is broke, unsure how it got that way but I noticed it when on the car hauler.

Also brakes seem to be a bit soft but may just need bled. Just another thing I planned to get too as it was going to be a winter project. And the trunk lock is missing because for some reason the keys I got didnt work for the trunk. Passenger side door handle is broke but the inside handle works.

If your truely interested in a pretty solid body I would be more then happy to meet with ya and give you a complete run down of the car and show you every imperfection I have come across.

Pictures can be seen here. And I can get more when my truck is out of the shop since the camera got left in there.

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/ ... %20camaro/ (http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/mach158/79%20camaro/)

Not sure on price but thinking maybe $2,500 OBO since it doesnt have any of the typical Iowa rust. Their is one t-top missing in the pictures but I have since gotten a full set after one blew off during transport of the car.