PDA

View Full Version : Mighty Boat torass sho runs 12's

69gt4speed
10-18-2009, 08:37 PM
Yea you heard it... a otherwise stock w a tune taurus sho runs a 12.75 at 108. This thing weighs over 4.4k, it's a boat.

Quote:definately more in the tune, the pump gas tune i'd say has at least .2 more once dialed in.
The car will go 12.5's for sure as it sits with nothing more than a tune, add a better exhaust and intake and it will only get better....

Video for the barker..lol.. Hey I don't make this crap up... only reporting what the torass does so far..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6u3lUxw ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6u3lUxwl_o&feature=related)

FiFdYnUtZ
10-18-2009, 09:07 PM
those powerplants are pretty cool! rumor has it a hotter verison of that engine is going to be in a mustang chassis in the future..

69gt4speed
10-18-2009, 09:47 PM
If that setup can get in a 3400# car and hook up look out. I would guess this thing must put down at least 425 whp w a tune. Not sure about a awd maybe Trevor/Jesse could guess.. Def has street tires and are skinny. I'd start throwing out the seats for sure just to see what that does. It blows my old 93 sho auto in the weeds..

1.9 60ft btw... w dr radials on all 4's ought to do better imo even w a 4.4k# car. So far the tranny, etc. has held. If it can get light, that's less parts carnage. Idk if in the tune you can adj. shift points, firmness etc. like a reg new ford pcm. He used sct software.

The great thing is ford has worked w tuner software guys for quite a while unlike chrysler or toyota. ford knows that is good in the drag world. If this thing can get +6# boost on a tune then great. It has no boost gauge...and prob he doesn't want to say what it is. Evidently the maf, injectors and fuel pump are still in range. That's good also. He didn't bitch about those things. He's a old 03 cobra racer, so he knows about that crap.

Domestic Disturbance
10-19-2009, 01:20 AM
Those things are gonna be nuts. I'd say tune 425whp is a little steep rob. 360bhp rated. I'd say 350-375 ish. Really hard to guess without seeing a graph, but with twins I'd assume the power comes in a lot sooner. 375 4.4k lbs might not make sense, but I can't seen a tune jumping the power up that high either.

What you are saying though is that no one knows the limits on the fuel system yet? Anyone put one of these on a dyno yet to see how they act?

black88gt
10-19-2009, 08:07 AM
I'd say tune 425whp is a little steep rob. 360bhp rated.

i wouldnt doubt it, tuner is the owner of modular depot
http://www.stangtv.com/forum/new-taurus ... 5952.html# (http://www.stangtv.com/forum/new-taurus-sho-12-75-quarter-5952.html#)

69gt4speed
10-19-2009, 08:16 AM
You gotta remember the wastegate is prob ecu/pcm controlled. If so then w a tune it is possible to get more boost out of it/therefore more airflow. It would not be like a n/a or s/c car, only timing and a/f. I've seen a couple of non tuned ones at drag ran a 13.9 14.1.

A 12.75 is a huge improvement, no reg n/a or s/c tune can do that w those c.i. I heard in testing they could do 450 crank hp. My drag et program says crazy stuff. Idk. A bmw 335i has had similar results.

Domestic Disturbance
10-19-2009, 08:46 AM
I'm just assuming with awd especially drivetrain loss that 425 is high. That number would make sense per the 1/4, but I still can't believe its picking up over 100whp in a tune, even with turbos. Like I said I guess its just what the system is limited to. I love the license plates

69gt4speed
10-19-2009, 09:08 AM
Yea I hear you. Ok 375 whp... 1 sec + is a lot of improvement w no other work. I knew about this for a while but someone said torass...So I posted it. The car owner isn't telling the whp..

85XR7Project
10-19-2009, 09:24 AM
Pretty impressive for a heavy car like that. I don't know how someone wouldn't be impressed.

Domestic Disturbance
10-19-2009, 11:47 AM
Lame on not telling the numbers. Would like to see how much they are getting out of all they small stuff they do.

sparkles
10-19-2009, 12:16 PM
It's a Ford. It's gay.

85XR7Project
10-19-2009, 12:21 PM
It's a Ford. It's gay.

So you get butt hurt everytime a Ford thread is posted, that explains things. :roll:

FiFdYnUtZ
10-19-2009, 12:25 PM
i like what theyve done with this setup but for gods sake does ford always have to fudge it up somehow? why put such a badass new powerplant in such a heavy, ugly, and disrespected car...

85XR7Project
10-19-2009, 12:30 PM
Maybe if you're a GM guy you look at it that way. I certainly don't, I've owned SHOs and respect them quite a bit. I actually know plenty of people who do as well.

You want disrespected and ugly look at the Focus, word has it the Focus will at some point get a 1.6 EcoBoost and a 2.0 Ecoboost Performance version. Do you really think that would get the respect a 4000 Lb SHO that runs 12s in the quarter gets?

black88gt
10-19-2009, 02:02 PM
i like what theyve done with this setup but for gods sake does ford always have to fudge it up somehow? why put such a badass new powerplant in such a heavy, ugly, and disrespected car...

it will likely make it into a lot of vehicles(mustang, f150) and already available in the flex and mkz. I can see your point but I think its more of a shot at imported luxury sedans(a la audi, bmw, mercedes) than a performance market offering. Makes this easy when you already have an established name like SHO.

snickerlicker
10-19-2009, 02:25 PM

It reminds me of GM putting such a nice motor(LS series) in a big, ugly, heavy, mullet mobile, aka 4th gen Firebird/Camaro. To each their own I guess....

FiFdYnUtZ
10-19-2009, 02:31 PM
well considering amongst the automotive population i have noticed the 4th gen fbodies have been one of the better liked cars asthetically, especially when comparing to a TAURUS... and my car only weighs 3400# without me in it with MINOR weight reduction...so im not sure where your going with that but i do see its your opinion obviously...

sparkles
10-19-2009, 02:50 PM
It's a Ford. It's gay.

So you get butt hurt everytime a Ford thread is posted, that explains things. :roll:

No, I just like you guys crying when I say something you don't like. Last I checked, it was your bumhole that was pissed off cause of your twisted panties. To be real honest, I think the new SHO is a step in the right direction and I wish GM was doing more things like this. Great power with good gas mileage would be great for a married guy with kids like me. Too bad it's still a Taurus and looks like one. I'd still rock it though.

Domestic Disturbance
10-19-2009, 07:35 PM
... I wish GM was doing more things like this. Great power with good gas mileage would be great for a married guy with kids like me.

Its called the G8. Get one while you can, they were announced dead before they shipped :bawling: Obviously its more traditional with a rwd v8, but its still a sweet 4 door. Same with the CTS-v, they are running 12.3's in mags. Expensive though.

69gt4speed
10-21-2009, 12:12 AM
If I had the money for a real good hiway cruiser that 330i w a chip sure looks promising. Hi 11's isn't too shabby though I hate german bs... Gazillion knobs/settings and so on. I'm a caveman... Lock out tc and so on. Still at 4.4k# this sho is way superior to my 93 sho. Just wish it was 30k in price. I'd wait and buy a used one from some sales guy that lost his job... Cold but it can work. Awd is good in winter around here.