PDA

View Full Version : Ported eaton 03 cobra goes 9's

69gt4speed
10-13-2009, 01:08 AM
That's the news, Jake went a 9.94 @ 135mph in his auto lightened sra cobra w a posi port on the eaton. Hell a 1.36 that's damn good. 16# boost. That's pump gas range.
60'-----1.36
1/8th mile--------6.31 @ 108mph
1/4 mile----------9.94

@ 135 mph

This is the first time this has ever been done with any Ported m112 Eaton no Nitrous.

snickerlicker
10-13-2009, 04:29 AM
Gotta love the mod motors. Impressive run.

85XR7Project
10-13-2009, 07:36 AM
Wow, thats bat shit crazy. Those Terminators never cease to amaze me.

FiFdYnUtZ
10-13-2009, 01:26 PM
impressive!

Mufflover
10-14-2009, 08:45 AM
thats fucking faster then shit.. are there any ls motors in the 9s that are stock?

Domestic Disturbance
10-14-2009, 11:21 AM
Thats moving out. Whats the race weight? You said pump gas range but is it on pump or no?

And muff, I'm sure there are. Stock long block/blower ls9 running 10.0's last I checked, don't know if its gotten any quicker since then. Also a bone stock c6z ran a 10.98 a year or so back, so there's no reason they can't be in the 9s. I don't pay a lot of attention to the vettes.

Mufflover
10-14-2009, 11:57 AM
Is this car stock heads and cams?

FiFdYnUtZ
10-14-2009, 02:28 PM
the texas speed STOCK bottom end ls1 car went 9.81 cocklover...nice try on the burn though...

FiFdYnUtZ
10-14-2009, 02:30 PM
http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/

home page pic

K-ville
10-14-2009, 03:00 PM
its rare but im gonna have to say muff just asked a question... i think you may have read too far into it.

snickerlicker
10-14-2009, 03:04 PM
Video of the pass, remember completely STOCK longblock, heads, cams, etc..

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Firs ... 712782.htm (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/First-Eaton-powered-0304_712782.htm)

FiFdYnUtZ
10-14-2009, 03:51 PM
its rare but im gonna have to say muff just asked a question... i think you may have read too far into it.

thats possible, but im so used to reading his bs posts that i automatically assumed it was sarcasm

DustinsDuster
10-14-2009, 04:27 PM
i wasnt quite as psyched when i found out its a C4/8.8 car, but it is still damn impressive

First Eaton powered 03/04 Cobra into the 9s. Stock longblock, stock ported eaton supercharger @ 15psi, C4 trans, 8.8 solid axle w/ 4.10s, aggressive drag suspension and weight reduction. Car still has full interior (minus pass seat for track) and working radio. Also a registered street car!

FiFdYnUtZ
10-14-2009, 05:28 PM
i wonder what it weighs? i bet that focker is light!

JacobS
10-14-2009, 08:51 PM
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pi ... deo-2.html (http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-videos-buffet-149/642916-my-eaton-cobra-goes-9-94-135-video-2.html)

in this thread he states 3320lbs with him in it...

that mph is insane with that trans and that amount of horsepower...

black88gt
10-14-2009, 09:03 PM
the texas speed STOCK bottom end ls1 car went 9.81 cocklover...nice try on the burn though...

i think the idea was stock longblock

ls9 or ls7 in a vette will be the answer most likely

Domestic Disturbance
10-14-2009, 10:00 PM
Ya. Even LS3 vette could be a contender. A3's have been done, but I can't seem to find any vette #s. Crazy how fast the new age stuff is getting

69gt4speed
10-14-2009, 11:48 PM
I was just reporting what a lil 281 c.i. ported eaton has done.. The vette has a tvs w more c.i., a tvs worth some hp even over a ported mn112. Hard to compare auto vs stick you guys know that. I predicted this already. Jake worked hard to do this. He had setbacks and all that crap. He beat her hard many times that's worth something imo w a stock longblock. Why you think I've barked hard on a lighter car? Esp off the front? These new cars are porkers esp w a irs besides a vette.

Domestic Disturbance
10-15-2009, 12:48 AM
Trust me head to head comparison ls9 vs 4v I don't find fair. Was just answering the ls statement. Apples to oranges to orangutans yadda yadda. Its hauling ass.

sparkles
10-15-2009, 10:30 AM
How many times have I heard that those SVT longblocks are good for 1000hp? While I'm sure everybody can point out an example of how so and so's let go well before that (most likely due to bad tuning) , it's still pretty reasonable to say that a HAND MADE, FORGED, and heads that flow like crazy ( I only mention this because look at Cadillac and the Northstar. Small cubes with heads that flow like crazy put out lots of powa) motor is VERY capable of going 9s in a 3300lb car with a NOT STOCK ported blower.

I keep hearing this apples to oranges thing. Ford builds them better than GM, yet the Ford guys wanna complain because GM is using a superior TVS S/C for comparison. Good for GM for putting in something better I say.

Here's my point. Why push something beyond it's designed capabilities when there's better, more efficient combos out there, and please don't say it's a lack of money/ wanna prove something deal. He's spent a lot on that car in other areas, AND who cares about 9s on an Eaton? So?

Flame on all you want, but I just don't see the reason for the hype.

85XR7Project
10-15-2009, 10:40 AM
So by your thinking all Ford guys should convert to GM because "there's better, more efficient combos out there". That just won't happen, we build our "Less efficient" Ford cars because we like them and don't like anything GM makes as much. It has nothing to do with money (Ford parts are more expensive if you haven't noticed). Okay, GM used a better blower and thats all fine and good but what GM car within the same price range as the 03-04 Cobra has that blower?

sparkles
10-15-2009, 10:58 AM
So by your thinking all Ford guys should convert to GM because "there's better, more efficient combos out there". That just won't happen, we build our "Less efficient" Ford cars because we like them and don't like anything GM makes as much. It has nothing to do with money (Ford parts are more expensive if you haven't noticed). Okay, GM used a better blower and thats all fine and good but what GM car within the same price range as the 03-04 Cobra has that blower?

By better, more efficient combos, I was refering to KB/Whipple/Hellion/etc.

I think I spelled out my thinking pretty clear.

Here's my point. Why push something beyond it's designed capabilities when there's better, more efficient combos out there, and please don't say it's a lack of money/ wanna prove something deal. He's spent a lot on that car in other areas, AND who cares about 9s on an Eaton? So?

Answer the questions I asked if you want the debate. Flame on.

69gt4speed
10-15-2009, 11:24 AM
Why... cause no one said it could be done...Nothing to do w ford vs whoever, it was cobra 03 guys saying it. We are the most skeptical ppl around. And argue constantly. Doing it w a pos eaton. It has been now jacked with more than any other s/c on the planet. Why, cause it came on the car, no one looking at mtr can tell the difference. It could be a 12 sec car. Why, it's cheaper...

Thanks btw for the new 9.94 video, I looked but could not find it. :bigthumb:

sparkles
10-15-2009, 01:02 PM
To each their own I guess. I, personally, don't find it too impressive for a car that was engineered from the factory to be fucked with as much as the Terminators are with a hand built motor that's good for 1000hp supposedly. Just my .02

allgo
10-15-2009, 03:15 PM
To each their own I guess. I, personally, don't find it too impressive for a car that was engineered from the factory to be fucked with as much as the Terminators are with a hand built motor that's good for 1000hp supposedly. Just my .02

Are you related to muffdiver?

FiFdYnUtZ
10-15-2009, 03:22 PM
i just thought of something...we should send mufflover over to dragsource haha, he would fit in grrreeeeat

black88gt
10-15-2009, 04:12 PM

lets get this straight

9s on a stock longblock car that cost well under 40k new is not impressive?

sparkles
10-15-2009, 04:38 PM

lets get this straight

On a boosted, hand built motor advertised to hold that much horse...no. Like I said, just my opinion though.

sparkles
10-15-2009, 04:39 PM
i just thought of something...we should send mufflover over to dragsource haha, he would fit in grrreeeeat

With the giant cock in your mouth, my shit's better then everybody else's, narrow minded attitude you have, you should buy a Mustang too. You'd fit in great in that crowd. :roll:

sparkles
10-15-2009, 04:42 PM

He's all yours there big guy. I wouldn't want to make you all mad and take him from you.

Wouldn't expect anything less than a comment like that though from a Mustang owner. Just proves my point. Thanks.

FiFdYnUtZ
10-15-2009, 06:13 PM

With the giant cock in your mouth, my shit's better then everybody else's, narrow minded attitude you have, you should buy a Mustang too. You'd fit in great in that crowd. :roll:

wtf did i do to you? and what would make you think that?

sparkles
10-15-2009, 07:02 PM
Thought I spelled it out pretty well. Pretty decent comment from someone that frequents DS quite a bit.

allgo
10-15-2009, 07:03 PM

He's all yours there big guy. I wouldn't want to make you all mad and take him from you.

Wouldn't expect anything less than a comment like that though from a Mustang owner. Just proves my point. Thanks.

Listen up fuckchop your barking up the wrong tree here with me. I was just wondering if you two where related, dont you have some balloons to blow up sparkles.... :bigthumb:

sparkles
10-15-2009, 07:09 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO an internet tough guy.... Scaring me real big there Allslow. Do you or do you not own a Mustang? Here, I'll give you a minute. I know you guys aren't the brightest.

Figure it out yet? Yeah, thought I was barking at the right tree. You got a problem with me calling you out on the typical, not all, but typical Mustang owner attitude? Tough shit. Don't care. You got a problem with that also? Come tell me about it, I'm pretty easy to find. 2 blocks down the road from Vito.

allgo
10-15-2009, 07:11 PM
Im no internet tough guy I am just a tough guy..lol your a fucking dork so go blow up some more balloons sparkles..

FiFdYnUtZ
10-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Thought I spelled it out pretty well. Pretty decent comment from someone that frequents DS quite a bit.

my comment wasnt a stab at anyone it was a general statement because i know you guys enjoy the company of dumbasses like stanton to make fun of and mufflover would be some fresh meat, chill out....

allgo
10-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Why dont you pull your turd out and race my mustang? Do you drive around in it with the balloons blown up?

sparkles
10-15-2009, 07:15 PM

my comment wasnt a stab at anyone it was a general statement because i know you guys enjoy the company of dumbasses like stanton to make fun of and mufflover would be some fresh meat, chill out....

Yeah, we love him. He's gonna give us plenty of long, boring, pointless threads on how his 14 second car decimates all cause it has an RB motor in it and spins in 4th gear.

I'll chillax.

sparkles
10-15-2009, 07:19 PM
Why dont you pull your turd out and race my mustang? Do you drive around in it with the balloons blown up?

Why are you so interested in my ass. Might wanna get some help for that. Glad you that you're in the cornhole state though. They legalized it for ya.

Why the hell would I race your Mustang? This wasn't a discussion on who's faster. It's on how you're proving my point. Once again, Thanks.

Balloons. Yeah.........I love em! This is gonna be my next ride just cause!

http://s3files.core77.com/blog/images/Balloon-Tank.jpg

stangvortech
10-15-2009, 07:28 PM

lets get this straight

On a boosted, hand built motor advertised to hold that much horse...no. Like I said, just my opinion though.

wow you are dumb.....lol :butthead: :butthead: Well, it is clear there is a new bad ass on iaf....hahahah you have it stuck in your head that all mustang owners are d bags... well im hear the keep that idear in your head....... :neener:

sparkles
10-15-2009, 07:54 PM
Exactly. Another dumbass comment from a dumbass. Who woulda thought? :roll: Oh wait. Let me get YOUR favorite smilie in here. :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead:

Wow. Now I feel like a cool guy.

Damn me for having an opinion and saying it to begin all this nice back and forth rederick.

DustinsDuster
10-15-2009, 08:02 PM
i like tourtles...

DustinsDuster
10-15-2009, 08:03 PM
by the way, reading this thread while listening to the "look at my horse" song is a fucking win.

sparkles
10-15-2009, 08:06 PM
Lol. That is funny.

Was wondering when you were gonna say something. I even had enough time to run to Little Ceaser's and pick up a pizza and some crazy bread. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Love my crazy bread and balloons. Rates right up there with corndogs and mullets. WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO! I love being as ignorant as some of you guys. Makes my E Penis bigger. Yea! Double win. :neener:

JacobS
10-15-2009, 08:09 PM
i know plenty of mustang owners, and not one of them are douche bags....but what do i know, i drive a honda...

sparkles
10-15-2009, 08:16 PM
I do also. That's why I said not all. I will say that the people that I'm referring to get pretty defensive if you at all make a comment or share an opinion that doesn't match theirs 110%. Ignorance is bliss for some I guess.

See my sig quote? It's the previous 2 times I've owned Mustangs coming out in me.

stangvortech
10-15-2009, 09:05 PM
Exactly. Another dumbass comment from a dumbass. Who woulda thought? :roll: Oh wait. Let me get YOUR favorite smilie in here. :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead:

Wow. Now I feel like a cool guy.

Damn me for having an opinion and saying it to begin all this nice back and forth rederick.

yea I figured it would make your day........ :butthead: you still=dumb.... :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead:

sparkles
10-15-2009, 09:27 PM
What is it with all you guys having ass on your minds? Should call this Iowa ASS Forums.

K-ville
10-15-2009, 09:33 PM
I do also. That's why I said not all. I will say that the people that I'm referring to get pretty defensive if you at all make a comment or share an opinion that doesn't match theirs 110%. Ignorance is bliss for some I guess.

See my sig quote? It's the previous 2 times I've owned Mustangs coming out in me.
isnt the 110% comment nearly exactly what your doing? and for all the mustang guy comments if we all are in fact d-bags is it ok to assume every t/a owner acts like you?

stangvortech
10-15-2009, 09:37 PM
yea that is exactly what he is doing....lol but he dose not realize it...because he is dumb....
91 Trans Am (for the ladies)

ooo nice.......hahahahahahahah hahahahah hahahahah hahahah ha ha

DustinsDuster
10-15-2009, 09:56 PM
im gonna go ahead and guess there was a tad of sarcasm in that designation...

Domestic Disturbance
10-15-2009, 10:11 PM
atleast the stereotypes for camaro owners is true. Yes, we are all badasses

sparkles
10-15-2009, 10:12 PM

if we all are in fact d-bags is it ok to assume every t/a owner acts like you?

Please enlighten me on where I said this.

sparkles
10-15-2009, 10:13 PM

Just a tiny bit.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm205/monkee_007/9_09/horse.gif

K-ville
10-15-2009, 10:22 PM

if we all are in fact d-bags is it ok to assume every t/a owner acts like you?

Please enlighten me on where I said this. please enlighten me where i said you sad anything...

sparkles
10-15-2009, 10:28 PM
You never said that I was sad. You're right.

Your comment implies that my opinion is that ALL Mustang owners have this certain attitude I've pointed out. I'm just saying that I never said that ALL of them have that. I've got 4 very close friends that have Mustangs that don't have this attitude. YOU for the most part, don't have it, just so we're clear.

black88gt
10-15-2009, 10:29 PM

lets get this straight

ok if that isnt impressive what is? some sbc you replace every part on to go fast; might as well call it a Small block JE/Eagle/Dart

thats cool if its not your thing but to say its not impressive is just dumb

K-ville
10-15-2009, 10:39 PM
You never said that I was sad. You're right.

Your comment implies that my opinion is that ALL Mustang owners have this certain attitude I've pointed out. I'm just saying that I never said that ALL of them have that. I've got 4 very close friends that have Mustangs that don't have this attitude. YOU for the most part, don't have it, just so we're clear.
yea so i had a typo leaving a post from my phone good one. moving on im not implying that you think we all have the tude if anything im implying you have a attitude yourself... but you know that without me sayin a word

stangvortech
10-15-2009, 11:02 PM
sparkles how about you read page 2 where are are like "mustang owners this.... mustang owners that...... im bad ass and you all know it"

69gt4speed
10-15-2009, 11:55 PM
Well I posted this up for the ford guys mostly and anyone that was interested. Anybody can have a opinion that it's a pos or whatever. I've had gm, ford, chyrsler and import friends all along since 17.

You don't know me... Some reason a 03 handbuilt engine bothers you sorry you had a bad experience or something. I give props to any guy who works hard despite problems when it comes to cars. Look at my posts I'm not strickly ford or whatever and btw Allgo has a grand national that moves out imo. I realize a mn112 eaton isn't the best thing since sliced bread, far from it, that is what imo makes this a first. It eats hp and pumps hot air out.

Anybody could say fk it and slap a twin screw or turbo on w the auto and solid axle and run faster. It takes work and skill to get something lame to do good. I could say a fox body w 03 transplant has run a 9.7 for a while, but that isn't quite the same.

If you represent drag source lets do a deal next yr vs iowa auto forum ppl. I'm sure some ppl here could be interested. I'm just throwing that out... no big thing. All I try to do is get ppl motivated to do stuff. And give them props if they succeed... And I like to do and watch.

85XR7Project
10-16-2009, 12:38 AM
Sparkles, you aren't a very happy person are you? You kinda come off as a complete tool bag.

As for all the Mustang comments, thank god I don't own a Mustang! I'll stick with my Mercury (No sterotypes for Mercury guys right?).

69GT4speed basically nailed it, it may not be impressive to you but it is to us Ford guys. I gotta ask you though, if thats not impressive to you what is?

Domestic Disturbance
10-16-2009, 01:35 AM

Just a tiny bit.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm205/monkee_007/9_09/horse.gif
Thanks for that proof :bigthumb:

sparkles
10-16-2009, 06:34 AM
ok if that isnt impressive what is? some sbc you replace every part on to go fast; might as well call it a Small block JE/Eagle/Dart

Apples to Oranges. That's been my whole point the entire time. If you want to have the Chevy to Ford debate, find me a regular 4.6 that's done that to compare against whatever Chevy motor that you think I'm referencing.

PS. Thanks for coming back and sticking to the topic at hand and having a halfway intelligent debate, but name calling is just, well...dumb.

sparkles
10-16-2009, 06:35 AM
yea so i had a typo leaving a post from my phone good one. moving on im not implying that you think we all have the tude if anything im implying you have a attitude yourself... but you know that without me sayin a word

Yeah, I do. I've never made that a mystery though have I?

sparkles
10-16-2009, 06:52 AM
Well I posted this up for the ford guys mostly and anyone that was interested. Anybody can have a opinion that it's a pos or whatever. I've had gm, ford, chyrsler and import friends all along since 17.

You don't know me... Some reason a 03 handbuilt engine bothers you sorry you had a bad experience or something. I give props to any guy who works hard despite problems when it comes to cars. Look at my posts I'm not strickly ford or whatever and btw Allgo has a grand national that moves out imo. I realize a mn112 eaton isn't the best thing since sliced bread, far from it, that is what imo makes this a first. It eats hp and pumps hot air out.

Anybody could say fk it and slap a twin screw or turbo on w the auto and solid axle and run faster. It takes work and skill to get something lame to do good. I could say a fox body w 03 transplant has run a 9.7 for a while, but that isn't quite the same.

If you represent drag source lets do a deal next yr vs iowa auto forum ppl. I'm sure some ppl here could be interested. I'm just throwing that out... no big thing. All I try to do is get ppl motivated to do stuff. And give them props if they succeed... And I like to do and watch.

Finally, someone that knows how to engage a debate and bitch correctly.

To sum up a few things, I'm aware of Allgo's GN. Have been for a while. I bet I even have some videos and pictures of it on my laptop somewhere. Just because I don't post here very often, doesn't mean I'm some noob that knows nothing about cars and just have as some may put it "dumb" opinions with no basis on why I have them. No, I've never had a bad experience with any 03 Cobra. Most of all experience include having to look in my rearview mirror to see them. I just don't find them impressive. SORRY if that bothers everyone.

Just to be clear, he did have a solid axle swap and a built auto swap unlike what you are implying in your response above. Claiming that the car is mostly stock and running those times is just, well...dumb. As far as slapping a turbo or twin screw on it, I just don't see the point. Just like you're saying, it's pumping in a bunch of hot air and is beyond what it's designed for. Why would you do that? Just asking for detonation issues IMO.

And the whole DS vs IAF, DSM vs ...you guys. I don't know how many times that's been tried and just wound up a major fail. Last time I remember that it happened, that red EVO had just been finished and a video was sent over to taunt a few guys and something was said about coming down for a night of street racing. All I had a hand in was saying that I would get it on with the EVO. I don't remember anything happening. It never will. Too long of a drive...and we're all just internet tough guys.

sparkles
10-16-2009, 06:58 AM
Sparkles, you aren't a very happy person are you? You kinda come off as a complete tool bag.

As for all the Mustang comments, thank god I don't own a Mustang! I'll stick with my Mercury (No sterotypes for Mercury guys right?).

69GT4speed basically nailed it, it may not be impressive to you but it is to us Ford guys. I gotta ask you though, if thats not impressive to you what is?

I love how all you guys get all butt hurt if someone starts out and doesn't agree with your opinion. Resort to name calling and bitching like my 8 year old.

Tool Bag? I think you need to go back and check to see what you're referring to. Never once did I start with the childish BS, but bet your ass that I'm not too good to join in if that's what it takes to "be cool" around here. Just go back and see who cast the first stone. Wasn't me. While you're at it, look at your sig. YOU my friend nailed it. Thanks. Thanks for agreeing.

K-ville
10-16-2009, 07:02 AM

Yeah, I do. I've never made that a mystery though have I?
thats one thing i must say you are 100% on, being right up front with your opinions

K-ville
10-16-2009, 07:05 AM
While you're at it, look at your sig. YOU my friend nailed it. Thanks. Thanks for agreeing

anyone can build anything... period

Scott
10-16-2009, 07:50 AM
Hey if I had this list of cars he does..

02 Suzuki Bandit (for the looks)
94 Mazda Protege (for the gas mileage)

I would be pissed off at all the mustang owners too!! :butthead: Your unjustified hate for mustang owners sounds like you must of lost your one and only girlfriend to a guy who drives a mustang :baby: and you just cant let it go..

Judging by the responses on here I would say its ALOT more than just mustang owners that have a attitude toward you, process of elimination should give you a idea that its just you no one likes. but hey, whatever makes you feel better buddy

85XR7Project
10-16-2009, 07:52 AM
Maybe I should change it to say something like "Anyone can build a Firebird/TA/GTA....". Come on dude, what is your deal? We get it, you aren't impressed. Maybe it was the way you came in here and acted like the resident pro who thought he knew all (Mind you this is my opinion and I am sure you'll come back at me with some clever comment). To me I don't understand the guys who build up a TPI car and think they are something special or intelligent, I mean lets face it there are better and more efficient engines that could be had (Such as the LT1 or LS1).

Just my .02

Mufflover
10-16-2009, 08:07 AM
Hey if I had this list of cars he does..

02 Suzuki Bandit (for the looks)
94 Mazda Protege (for the gas mileage)

I would be pissed off at all the mustang owners too!! :butthead: Your unjustified hate for mustang owners sounds like you must of lost your one and only girlfriend to a guy who drives a mustang :baby: and you just cant let it go..

Judging by the responses on here I would say its ALOT more than just mustang owners that have a attitude toward you, process of elimination should give you a idea that its just you no one likes. but hey, whatever makes you feel better buddy
hahah funny shit.

Domestic Disturbance
10-16-2009, 01:27 PM
While you're at it, look at your sig. YOU my friend nailed it. Thanks. Thanks for agreeing

Waiting to see a big wheel run 10s :supz:

black88gt
10-16-2009, 01:33 PM

Apples to Oranges. That's been my whole point the entire time. If you want to have the Chevy to Ford debate, find me a regular 4.6 that's done that to compare against whatever Chevy motor that you think I'm referencing.

PS. Thanks for coming back and sticking to the topic at hand and having a halfway intelligent debate, but name calling is just, well...dumb.

it was just an example. since a this factory longblock car isnt impressive in any way, tell me what is?

FiFdYnUtZ
10-16-2009, 01:48 PM
but technically arent the internals of the cobra engines made by performace companies? so it could be a brandx/x/x as well :)

sparkles
10-16-2009, 03:54 PM
but technically arent the internals of the cobra engines made by performace companies? so it could be a brandx/x/x as well :)

DING DING DING! Everyone keeps calling it stock. SPECIAL Vehicle Team. Not "run of the mill we put the damn thing in everything" Team. Is the 32v Cobra motor impressive. YES! It's a readily available, reasonable priced, highly capable motor. By motor, I'm referring to everything under the S/C. The S/C sucks. Ford knows this. That's why they're not using it anymore. But given that engine, NO it's not impressive to me that they took a NOT STOCK car and ran 9s with it just because it still has the EATON. In fact, I think it was a waste of time and energy and should have been swapped earlier on.

Everyone here seems to have a problem with me sporting my opinion. And then, when I bring up WHY I have that opinion and support it with facts, some people on here want to get all butt hurt and start name calling. Like I said, I'm not the better man. I'll go ahead and act the same way. Good for you, good for me too. Bunch of fucking crybaby hypocrites is all I hear. Which also proves what I've been saying. Hypocrites stick together so your douchyness is less easy to pinpoint. Kinda like a bunch of high fiving jocks that have no idea they look like a bunch of narrow minded jackasses.

BTW. I love how this turned into a Ford/Chevy, Mustang/FBody debate. How fucking predictable. I'm gonna go now. Time to pop the T Tops, get me a corndog, comb my mullet, and go find my Journey 8 track. All while you Mustang guys are busy crushing beer cans on your forehead. :roll:

sparkles
10-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Your unjustified hate for mustang owners sounds like you must of lost your one and only girlfriend to a guy who drives a mustang

I don't have an unjustified opinion about Mustang owners. Just douchebags like you with retarded comments and and uncontrolled urge for emoticons like you have torettes. Just so happens that most drive Mustangs.

Douchebags like you drive Mustangs, Not all Mustang owners are douchebags. See the difference or do I need to slow it down for you and make a flow chart so you can see it?

Scott
10-16-2009, 04:00 PM
mmmm corn dogs and beer does sound pretty dam good right now!!!

FiFdYnUtZ
10-16-2009, 04:01 PM
if you think THIS turned into a ford/chevy debate thread go look at the thread about the cobra jet haha...

sparkles
10-16-2009, 04:03 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i8lx3yB6GA

sparkles
10-16-2009, 04:04 PM
if you think THIS turned into a ford/chevy debate thread go look at the thread about the cobra jet haha...

I gave up on that one. I knew if I said anything, it was gonna turn ugly. Guess it just spilled over into this one. Oh well, Sorry for the innocent bystanders.

sparkles
10-16-2009, 04:08 PM
Maybe I should change it to say something like "Anyone can build a Firebird/TA/GTA....". Come on dude, what is your deal? We get it, you aren't impressed. Maybe it was the way you came in here and acted like the resident pro who thought he knew all (Mind you this is my opinion and I am sure you'll come back at me with some clever comment). To me I don't understand the guys who build up a TPI car and think they are something special or intelligent, I mean lets face it there are better and more efficient engines that could be had (Such as the LT1 or LS1).

Just my .02

TPI is junk. It's cheap though. LT1 is junk and expensive. LS motors are expensive, but worth it. Add enough nitrous or boost to anything though, and it will move out...for a while.

I'm no resident pro, but this ain't my first rodeo either. I do however take great delight knowing that sharing my opinion and actually sticking up for it gets everybody's panties all twisted. Yes i got witty comments all day long. Kinda have to when you stick up for yourself.

Oh yeah, btw. Just my .02

BIG HP
10-16-2009, 04:18 PM
sound like you got your ass doored by a mustang or two in your day. If not i'm sure we could arrange it, hell if vito is just down the street we might as well door his ass too!

sparkles
10-16-2009, 04:24 PM
sound like you got your ass doored by a mustang or two in your day. If not i'm sure we could arrange it, hell if vito is just down the street we might as well door his ass too!

I can honestly say, No. Never happened, but once again, what I've said is getting twisted around again. I don't hate Mustangs or their owners. I dislike DBags with macho attitudes that just so happen to coincedently happen to drive Mustangs and think they are God's gift to the automobile world.

FiFdYnUtZ
10-16-2009, 04:28 PM
every type of car has that group of people, but i will say from my experience, mustangs have the largest group of them...but i wouldnt say anyone on these or other boards are necessarily like that, just your avg. stop light fags are usually..

sparkles
10-16-2009, 04:38 PM
every type of car has that group of people, but i will say from my experience, mustangs have the largest group of them...but i wouldnt say anyone on these or other boards are necessarily like that, just your avg. stop light fags are usually..

I could be persuaded to agree. Makes me think of Stanton. OMFG, that kid is fucking annoying.

black88gt
10-16-2009, 05:03 PM

performance parts are outsourced a huge majority of the time. your car could have bilsteins, slp parts, hurst, etc.

if it came on the car from the factory its stock

sparkles
10-16-2009, 05:31 PM
performance parts are outsourced a huge majority of the time. your car could have bilsteins, slp parts, hurst, etc.

if it came on the car from the factory its stock, but does make it less impressive.

Domestic Disturbance
10-16-2009, 06:51 PM
how dare there be trash talking of the all mighty TPI in here. LS1 smell S 1

FiFdYnUtZ
10-16-2009, 07:15 PM
there is a difference to be had between a factory hurst shifter and a fully forged aftermarket internal engine from the "factory"

K-ville
10-16-2009, 08:24 PM
there is a difference to be had between a factory hurst shifter and a fully forged aftermarket internal engine from the "factory"

your right fiddy its alright for gm to use outsourced parts and consider it stock but not ford! haha

i could run 10's stock in the 5 foot but thats on my huffy big wheel that came factory with a Haro sticker so its actually not stock is more of a full blown drag wheel!

69gt4speed
10-17-2009, 01:24 AM

Ok the 03 rods are manley h beams inspected by ford and stamped w a ford part#. The pistons are alloy 4032 zollner's inspected and stamped w a part #. The crank is a forged kellogg crank w a part #.
The lsx is similar just they have factory pistons and rods but it can have a kellogg crank. I don't know where the ls9 titanium rods or forged pistons come from.
Imo if stamped w a factory part # and sold esp w a complete car it is factory stock. Way nhra looks at it. Argue w them.. This is nothing new. Even a walboro fuel pump. They make almost all usa cars fuel pumps probably even toyota and honda built here.

Bottom line ford was in a hurry to develop the s/c 03 mtr. They did what they needed to do to warranty a 390hp 4.6 s/c engine. Lucky for us it was way overkill. The s/c limits it but some ppl hear no way and want to prove them wrong. Who cares if it isn't the most or best. Like doing a stock lsx w spray how long, how fast and how much hp can it take. Seems to me a good deal having a overbuilt engine, #1 reason I bought it for 31k.

You can't tell me you would not be happy w h rods, forged pistons and crank in a new factory lsx for that money. You would figure ways to make it go faster do whatever else needed to survive that power level.

You guys are barking what you don't have as factory stock imo. Do what any gm/other ford guy does, buy stuff to put in it. Rods, pistons, ported/aftermarket heads, cam, a rearend, a built stalled auto, be happy...I have no problem w that.... Really. Just don't call it stock long block. I wouldn't.

69gt4speed
10-17-2009, 01:51 AM

I like that idea though Ryan is a good guy... He helped those import crowd ppl try to find a t bolt. Never the less I really think we try a ds vs iaf deal at cfr, similar population w similar cars. I would think iaf comes out on top. I would contribute $ to make this happen. If everyone did say 100 in a pool it could be worthwhile for the winner. And post vid on u tube. I hear all the time ia. where's that and corn and pigs? It's a idea... I'd give it shot if asked...Though many others are faster/quicker. I'd rather have them represent.

snickerlicker
10-17-2009, 07:00 AM
Ryan is a good guy. we all like him. But lets be serious here. He would get doored by big hp. Big hp would tell him right away to get a lane BITCH!

K-ville
10-17-2009, 07:18 AM

I like that idea though Ryan is a good guy... He helped those import crowd ppl try to find a t bolt. Never the less I really think we try a ds vs iaf deal at cfr, similar population w similar cars. I would think iaf comes out on top. I would contribute $ to make this happen. If everyone did say 100 in a pool it could be worthwhile for the winner. And post vid on u tube. I hear all the time ia. where's that and corn and pigs? It's a idea... I'd give it shot if asked...Though many others are faster/quicker. I'd rather have them represent.
i like this idea two citys leaving there home turf to go race big wheels for a 100 doller purse! are we talkon down hill or straight line pedling?

69gt4speed
10-17-2009, 08:41 AM
I'd throw in 100 just cause. And if say 10 others that did it that's 1100 total. At say a neutral spot of cfr. Each puts in 100 not expensive, but total is lot more for the winner. It's a idea...

FiFdYnUtZ
10-17-2009, 01:00 PM
are you guys talking about ryan from nebraska?

K-ville
10-17-2009, 01:21 PM
are you guys talking about ryan from nebraska?
no vito. has a black helllion turbo 03 cobra with a silver graphic thing on the side

FiFdYnUtZ
10-17-2009, 01:58 PM
oooh right, i didnt even know his 1st name was ryan haha...always goes by vito from what ive seen...

black88gt
10-17-2009, 02:25 PM

lol guess we can just pick and choose which we want to count

pankl makes the rods for the ls9, guess its not a factory engine

GM didnt cast the ls1 blocks, not factory anymore

69gt4speed
10-17-2009, 07:22 PM
Ryan is a good guy. we all like him. But lets be serious here. He would get doored by big hp. Big hp would tell him right away to get a lane BITCH!

Blue it seems is faster.....lol.. I saw big hp car I thought wow I really like the looks of that bad azz car. I wanted to park next to it, maybe some power would rub off....Seriously we do have quite a group of fast cars for the area size.. I was quite surprised in a good way. And most are all streetable.

FiFdYnUtZ
10-17-2009, 09:11 PM

its like the difference between a kiss and a blowjob, need i explain more? you can get all technical about all that shit but i was just saying the internals used in the cobra were from reputable performance companies and were very good parts (not ford made parts)

black88gt
10-18-2009, 12:43 AM

its like the difference between a kiss and a blowjob, need i explain more? you can get all technical about all that shit but i was just saying the internals used in the cobra were from reputable performance companies and were very good parts (not ford made parts)

im not disagreeing with that, but its still a stock car; thats the rub

sparkles
10-18-2009, 01:52 AM

Yes, but a different caliber then your run of the mill car that's built by robots instead of by hand. That's why it gets a special badge. Just like the Z06, CJ, Ford GT, Viper, etc, etc, etc.

black88gt
10-18-2009, 09:20 AM

Yes, but a different caliber then your run of the mill car that's built by robots instead of by hand. That's why it gets a special badge. Just like the Z06, CJ, Ford GT, Viper, etc, etc, etc.

but are they not still stock z06s, vipers ,etc?

69gt4speed
10-18-2009, 09:25 AM
True and you pay a few bucks more. I think a 03 engine was around 8 to 10k fully dressed when you could buy them. Yea they are stock, there's no arguing that point. It's retarded.... You pay more and get more...Always been that way...

black88gt
10-18-2009, 10:24 AM
Yea they are stock, there's no arguing that point. It's retarded....

thats what i thought

sparkles
10-18-2009, 10:31 AM
It's like talking to a brick wall. Sure, put them in the same class as the all mighty Torass and the awesome Fucus. They're stock too. :banghead:

Mike@Salkowski-Motorsport
10-18-2009, 11:39 AM
http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/

home page pic
To bad its not factory stock , heads,cam and short block, the short block was balanced and blueprinted and has arp rod bolts, which means its not stock. Yes it has stock rods and pistons.

FiFdYnUtZ
10-18-2009, 12:58 PM
oooooh.....hmmmmmm

black88gt
10-18-2009, 02:17 PM
It's like talking to a brick wall. Sure, put them in the same class as the all mighty Torass and the awesome Fucus. They're stock too. :banghead:

stock is stock; the way it came from the factory; doesnt matter what vehicle

not sure what you're trying to get ta

69gt4speed
10-18-2009, 09:18 PM

I'd check my post about the torass... I think it would blow that lt1 in the weeds. It's got all the high effiency stuff on it...w a tune.. Is it robots or is it ppl?

Ppl build most engines ...I laughed at that robot one.. Sure the specs are loose and parts aren't so good for mass assembled engines. So some come blueprinted at the factory w better parts, it isn't a crime, just more $. Some reason it appears you hate ppl that can afford a lil more quality.. Otherwise do or have it done yourself, I'm fine w that.

Now before you start harping on a tune isn't stock, heck in the day we and factories would adj. the timing and jetting and more, that's how all those great ets came about for the magazines. They all lied and cheated...

Imo you break a engine longblock apart it's molested. This particular engine longblock has not been touched since the factory. Blueprinting, replacing rod bolts, head studs, etc. is not 100% factory stock and is worth hp and is stronger. Otherwise no one would do it...

buy a zr1 or new zo6 be happy, kick my 03. I'm good w that.

ZEE
10-18-2009, 09:59 PM
I changed the oil so it's not stock. Damn.

69gt4speed
10-18-2009, 10:29 PM
Stop being funny, you know what I mean... This sparkles bitches about the most trivial things he cannot afford or something. Yea I run valvoline. It is slow oil... I'm glad we provided entertainment... bring your lsx to cfr this sat.... :bigthumb: Those csn hook up at track and kick my azz.

ZEE
10-18-2009, 10:32 PM
Don't want to run it on a track till I get a rear end in it. Can't afford to break it right now.

69gt4speed
10-18-2009, 10:43 PM
My irs w weight is crap yet I'm foolish enough to try it... I'll run u off the spray... We all like you and and that all good crap. Consider it ... I don't care, it's only for fun... Just like to hang out.. Just show up anyways.

sparkles
10-19-2009, 12:08 PM

I'd check my post about the torass... I think it would blow that lt1 in the weeds.

Who in this entire topic compared an LT1 to whatever you're referring to? Who own's an LT1? Certainly not I.

Ppl build most engines ...I laughed at that robot one.. Sure the specs are loose and parts aren't so good for mass assembled engines.

Uhh...yes and no. We could bitch about this one all day, but you're a moron if you think that the same attention to detail is put into the engines being assembled for the trucks and passenger cars as it is in the SVT and Shelby engines. The builder puts their fucking signature on it for fucks sake. Comparing it to what the mass population calls "stock" is while in certain terms true due to the fact it happens in the same building, is also ignorant IMO if you believe that you're fooling anybody when you compare it to a mass produced engine by any other auto maker including Ford. And just so we're clear, I toured the Shelby plant in Las Vegas last week. Even saw where they import all the cars from Ford into there for the Conversions. What's your definition of stock there? Shelby "stock" or Ford "stock". If you want to have the debate, let's be clear on what we're debating. My whole point that started all this belly aching was that while a 9 sec run is fast, coming from that "stock" motor IS NOT IMPRESSIVE.

Some reason it appears you hate ppl that can afford a lil more quality.. Otherwise do or have it done yourself, I'm fine w that.

Why does it appear that way? Because I have an opinion that differs from yours and choose to put my money into something else other than the all mighty Terminator? Guess it was a good choice. I see a lot of them in my rearview. You'll try any angle possible now to try to get 1 up it seems. Now it's just laughable. " I hate Mustangs now because I'm poor". Good one. Ignorance is bliss, like I said.

Now before you start harping on a tune isn't stock, heck in the day we and factories would adj. the timing and jetting and more, that's how all those great ets came about for the magazines. They all lied and cheated...

Don't have a damn clue where you're going with this.

Imo you break a engine longblock apart it's molested. This particular engine longblock has not been touched since the factory. Blueprinting, replacing rod bolts, head studs, etc. is not 100% factory stock and is worth hp and is stronger. Otherwise no one would do it...

Really? How do you know this? Even so, good for him. It's still not impressive. Those engines are advertised to 1000hp, twice as much that is needed to run 9s given the right car and setup. Big deal. It was built tough from the factory. Don't think anywhere in this entire conversation that that was being disputed. Once again, :banghead:

buy a zr1 or new zo6 be happy, kick my 03. I'm good w that.

No thanks, Overpriced and overated IMO. I prefer to buy slow things and modify them instead of just buying something quick and having the dealer change my oil and only being responsible for adding gas.

85XR7Project
10-19-2009, 12:23 PM

Scott
10-19-2009, 12:39 PM
I havent quite figured out what this new guy is trying to acomplish yet... but the more he posts the stupider he sounds

85XR7Project
10-19-2009, 12:43 PM
I'm just tired of this guy Sparkles arguing about everything.

BTW, the word is dumber not "Stupider" :yawinkle:

FiFdYnUtZ
10-19-2009, 12:55 PM
look out for the grammar police!! *wooo wooo siren sounds*

K-ville
10-19-2009, 01:18 PM
Geez fiddy at the rate sparkles is going I almost forgot how big of a tool you act like sometimes! :biggrin:

FiFdYnUtZ
10-19-2009, 01:20 PM
yeah no kidding! i almost completely forgot how queer you were too!

K-ville
10-19-2009, 01:32 PM
I dont know why and I dont even know if Sparkles himself knows why he acts the way he does... he obviously loves drama, and has a blast arguing so that must have something to do with it but I do know one thing he lives for threads like this to try and get under anyones skin he can so it will never end. as long as you want to proove him wrong he will continue with this rant. AND im not being a dick about it or anything i just know what ive seen in the past

DustinsDuster
10-19-2009, 01:35 PM
just my .02, "not impressed by" is not the same as "not impressive". people are going to think what they want, and who are we(as in anyone) to try and correct that. hell, some people think mullets are cool; but do we correct them? no, we just let them keep right on shopping at Walmart.

sparkles
10-19-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm just tired of this guy Sparkles arguing about everything.

BTW, the word is dumber not "Stupider" :yawinkle:

Blind leading the dumb.

sparkles
10-19-2009, 02:54 PM
I dont know why and I dont even know if Sparkles himself knows why he acts the way he does... he obviously loves drama, and has a blast arguing so that must have something to do with it but I do know one thing he lives for threads like this to try and get under anyones skin he can so it will never end. as long as you want to proove him wrong he will continue with this rant. AND im not being a dick about it or anything i just know what ive seen in the past

You know me :bigthumb: I just like to stir the pot. Gives me something to do. Winter's coming. I'm just getting a headstart. Establishing my spot. Gotta get my post count up too.

Scott
10-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Its ok it gives me something to read while Im at work. Hard to take the internet superhero's like you and muff too serious anyway..

FiFdYnUtZ
10-19-2009, 03:27 PM
yeah my time between classes would go a lot slower without these sites...

K-ville
10-19-2009, 04:38 PM
yeah my time between classes would go a lot slower without these sites...

you should be studying your basket weaving between classes anyway!

FiFdYnUtZ
10-19-2009, 04:49 PM
yeah your right, my weaves have been terrible lately :(

Domestic Disturbance
10-19-2009, 07:41 PM
hell, some people think mullets are cool;
Wait, so you're saying they aren't cool?
http://www.raraku.com/files/Macros%20and%20other%20pictures/mullet.jpg

LT1Dan
10-19-2009, 07:59 PM
HAHAHA If those are the kinds of things you have saved on your computer that you are willing to post, I don't even want to know what you're hiding, Kitch.

It's cool if I steal that though, right?

Domestic Disturbance
10-19-2009, 08:38 PM
haha I googled mullet real quick and that came up

black88gt
10-19-2009, 10:57 PM
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Jake ... 714078.htm (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Jakes-Eaton-03-Cobra-runs_714078.htm)

theres a vid of some more runs, he said he is going to continue tweaking the suspension and try to eliminate that little bounce at the begining; hoping for another tenth or 2

69gt4speed
10-20-2009, 10:15 AM
Thanx for the video, def not a fluke.

Vitoman
10-22-2009, 08:45 PM
[quote]But lets be serious here. He would get doored by big hp. Big hp would tell him right away to get a lane BITCH!
[/quote

Thats not even right! I mean, Ive outrun Rossi all summer long and then all the sudden within the last month he pullies up or something and now he'll door me? I got good air coming my way too! Ill turn it up, maybe even put a smaller alternator pulley on it- Ill even bring Sparkles to get me in the groove, he will be my crew chief. How bout that? Rossi- how bout we race Saturday for upwards of...

$10 dollars, or a McDonalds value meal of yours or my choice. Lets lock it up...

sparkles
10-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Quit namedropping Ryan :yawinkle:

69gt4speed
11-07-2009, 08:50 PM
A lil in car video, clearly you can see rpms and pretty good the afr.. looks to be high 11's at wot... Also notice it isn't some completely stripped out car.. Jake's 03 auto and sra makes it look easy w tires and suspension work w weight reduction.. The old dog predicted 9's w a 03 eaton only car..

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/In-c ... 716216.htm (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/In-car-video-of-1005133-w_716216.htm)