PDA

View Full Version : Anybody interested in Aluminum exhaust?

TbTalon94
09-23-2009, 08:58 AM
I'm going to be building a few aluminum systems here soon and thought about putting together a few kits. You have the option of v-band connections or slip-joints. I recommend v-band but they are pricey.

I have also thought about building some aluminum mufflers for this as the point of aluminum exhaust is to keep the weight down. If you are not interested in an aluminum muffler I can get a very wide range of mufflers. Let me know what you are looking for and I can price it for you.

Let me know if any of you would be interested in aluminum cat-back exhaust.

-Trevor

Scott
09-23-2009, 10:18 AM
I would like to see what the mufflers look like, inside and out.. I already have a aluminum exhaust though ;)

warchild145
09-29-2009, 11:22 PM
I would be interested in doing a true dual exhaust on my 2000 silverado 1500. Dont really need aluminum though unless the price wont vary much which I doubt. Would I need to supply anything? And any ideas for price or would you need to see the truck?

TbTalon94
09-30-2009, 06:15 AM
It would depend on what material you wanted, mufflers, etc. I'd also need to see the truck to get a decent idea. It won't be muffler shop cheap, as I don't have the means to press-bend pipes and throw them up there. I'd have to order bends (or if i have them in stock) and custom fit the exhaust.

Scott
09-30-2009, 06:59 AM
Yeah with that truck you can buy pretty decent brand exhaust in stainless thats all cnc mandrel bent and everything, but I bet TbTalon could make one cool aftermarket exhaust.. How about them mufflers? I would be interested in the price of two 3.5" or 4" aluminum mufflers, bullet style with packing in them, I have muffler packing already. Is there a perforated aluminum tube you can buy for this?

Clinical
09-30-2009, 09:25 AM
I may be interested in something for the 91 AWD Talon I may be buying if I could ever get my potential buyer when he's at home dammit.

I'll let you know hopefully in a few days.

TbTalon94
09-30-2009, 09:33 AM
Yeah with that truck you can buy pretty decent brand exhaust in stainless thats all cnc mandrel bent and everything, but I bet TbTalon could make one cool aftermarket exhaust.. How about them mufflers? I would be interested in the price of two 3.5" or 4" aluminum mufflers, bullet style with packing in them, I have muffler packing already. Is there a perforated aluminum tube you can buy for this?

I've been really busy trying to get things ready as we are moving into a shop this weekend. I plan to build a few DSM aluminum exhausts with some 3" aluminum mufflers. Bullet style. I'll show you once I get a few done and then if you want some I can make some for you. I'll keep you updated though!!

-Trevor

oVa-Boost
10-01-2009, 07:50 PM
im interested.... need it on a 2dr gtp this time lol