PDA

View Full Version : 5/6 speed rules and signup

69gt4speed
09-19-2009, 08:49 AM
Well... thanks guys next time go to another place to talk, I want to get this done and hand out the trophy.

Place earlville oct. 11th sunday opens at 9 am we will run this during t&t.
General rules....

General ideas/rules.....

1 everyone posts all major car mods(just to get an idea of whats going on, so everyone can perpare)
2 must be at the track
3 no handicaps..all out race
4 must be a manual w a clutch 5 or 6 speed. No jericos or dog teeth/box transmissions.
5 There will be one time trial for each person and his own car. After completion of time trial the person and his car would be paired with high and the low time for run off.
(example 4 cars) john 14.0 jim 13.0 joe 12.0 jerry 11.0
john vs jerry runoff
jim vs joe runoff
Theory says final would be joe vs jerry.
6 If a odd amount of persons and their cars, then low et gets a bye run.
7 Plated car... like no real race cars. Just a faster d/d.

The other issue is safety equipment. we're considering..... if low et and gets booted he is the winner.

The other thing is towing, we're working on that. Everybody helps out. Trophy for winner. Timeframe later mo than likely summer. Prob during the day, test and tune. I'll supply the trophy, it'll be a bragging deal and pics and video would be appreciated so it can be posted up. As you see imports are a Ok...even evo's.

Contestants so far for sure...
30# lt's f1's w 18# boost? And 6 speeds
apples355 monte w a built 406 solid roller pump gas 6 speed
My turd the blue 03 Spray and pulley, bolt ons
Trevors evo big turbo other tuning and bolt ons
Stevo w gt 500 pulley and tune
d/d camaro

69gt4speed
09-19-2009, 09:05 AM
I have the trophy already and as said before need some cameras to document the racing and winner. I expect the faster cars to be in the 11's based upon what I know about them. There is still time to sign up, it's a 50$ trophy, stands 28" tall and says 2009 5/6 speed winner. I would like to do this each yr.

This is for fun plain and simple and this way we have no autos to contend with so a drivers race as much as anything. I or anyone can post the videos cause I don't care, I've done enough street crap to know anything can happen w a daily driver so signup if interested, let the chips fall as they may. Someone will get a trophy.

I forgot to mention a guy named skipdownstairs has said he would do it also.
'95 Eclipse GSX Garrett GT35R

McKeever
09-19-2009, 10:58 AM
Contestants so far for sure...
30# lt's f1's w 18# boost? And 6 speeds
apples355 monte w a built 406 solid roller pump gas 6 speed
My turd the blue 03 Spray and pulley, bolt ons
Trevors evo big turbo other tuning and bolt ons
Stevo w gt 500 pulley and tune
d/d camaro
'95 Eclipse GSX Garrett GT35R (skipdownstairs)
98 Tacoma S256 turbo (McKeever)

69gt4speed
09-19-2009, 12:05 PM
One other thing I forgot a final clarification... You get booted out on the no safety equipment vs et/speed you are the fastest, but for the other contestants we continue running them off and who wins that gets the trophy.... Imo this is a daily driver race w real plated manual 5/6 speed cars not some race car. It is to simulate a all out street race at the track. Good luck to all...

30lbsboost
09-19-2009, 12:35 PM
we will bring "the snake" aka the 95 silver camaro
I dont know if the the black camaro will be there.....somethings did not get done on it due to the breakages on the silver car , we will see
I also would like to see this race put on every year.....so lets all try to put on a good show for everyone!

good luck everyone!

Clinical
09-19-2009, 03:58 PM
I mentioned this race to my buddy who has a 11 sec GTO 6spd but he said it's currently smoking and wont be out till next summer.

However he's wondering if he'd be able to race his 81 z28 - iirc it's a mid 12second car with a 350 built pretty well with nitrous.

However it's a 4speed - I told him to register here but I haven't seen him yet.

He was just wondering if he could enter being that his is a 4speed manual.

69gt4speed
09-19-2009, 06:57 PM
This a plated daily driver? I'd say ok but we need to ask the other guys also imo....

Ok what's everybody think if it is a plated daily driver? I don't want some damn race car ex stock or s/s car... w syncros cut partially out.

Clinical
09-19-2009, 07:24 PM
Not really his DD - he drove it all through spring->fall in 08 and a about a month this summer but he got his GTO in February and it hasn't seen much street time.

4speed as far as I know is just the original 4speed rebuilt once or twice.

30lbsboost
09-19-2009, 08:15 PM
its pry ok if its factory style manual transmission, I think the main idea of the race is banging gears.

heck my car is basicly a racecar, and if I dont get things dialed in very soon, i'm going to get my ass handed to me. And honestly I could care less about wining the race, I just want to have a good time with everyone, and have my car run decent again before put it away for the year! - thats what its all about!

I'm good with the 4-speed car, the more cars the better!!

69gt4speed
09-19-2009, 09:31 PM
Btw I got ahold of Mike of the sc club. He said great and will pass the info on to any sc t bird that's a 5 speed manual that might want to get in this w the link. 5 speed are rare I guess so he mentioned.

I tested the et streets for imbalance as one tire was way out on balance, it appears ok at 65 mph. You see a sticker w "last tire" on it beware, that's what that one had. There is 7 oz on that one. That's retarded.

30lbsboost
09-20-2009, 08:46 AM
7oz.....YIKES!!!!!! did you try to "match mount" the tire/wheel assembly? cause if they both are still in spec it might alteast reduce the ammount of weight needed.

69gt4speed
09-20-2009, 10:22 AM
On the drag radials there had 1 oz on that wheel, so it appears tire is jacked. Chrome city guys called me when doing it (wife took it down there) they asked if ok and had tried it different ways. I said try it. As long as they stay stuck on appears to be good, I went a lil faster than 65 :yawinkle: at 20# tire pressure. It's a ford wheel original 03 model.

Btw the trophy pic again...

69gt4speed
09-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Not to hog this thread but anybody have a objection to the 4 speed camaro getting in this? Speak guys... mid 12 sec car.. Sorta old vs new... If you say nothing he is in if he signs up and lists his car...

McKeever
09-20-2009, 01:43 PM
I have no problem with a 4 speed coming out to play. Looks like we will have quite a few 12sec cars, so there should be some close races.

30lbsboost
09-20-2009, 02:52 PM
I have no problem with a 4 speed coming out to play. Looks like we will have quite a few 12sec cars, so there should be some close races.

I agree with you, I think most of the races will be close...that will make things even more fun, even if some cars are faster, how well a person can bang gears can change everything.

On a side note I road in my dads car today......a little sunday drive :) And I have to say he has much more talent shifting than i do :WORSHIP:

69gt4speed
09-24-2009, 12:12 AM
I have thought about this aspect long and hard... There is one other aspect, the time trial and reaction time.... Being it is the first time you line up and try to make a run, I'm inclined to make anything is good. In other words if you leave too early (a red or -) or way late the printed et is valid for the lineup... You know though closest to a .000 reaction will be closest to a winner as total time will be reaction + et. as a street race really is... What do you think? I want everybody to be on same page...Yet have a chance. It has been a while for me w a .500 tree. Though I will abide to what you guys want. Basically I want to give it a shot at a .000 reaction time as that makes a big difference in real street racing. I've got a .001 reaction once and won being slower et. Hell I'm old, you guys might do better.

allgo
09-24-2009, 06:34 AM
Its impossible to cut a .000 light, it would be a red light

TbTalon94
09-24-2009, 06:43 AM
lol i don't got no big turbo, it's a bolt on 20g, far from big.

Anyways, my car MAY be down then so if so you'll have to count me out. I will try and get it going before then hopefully.

69gt4speed
09-24-2009, 09:46 AM
Sorry Trevor about that mistake, I knew it was a bolt on, I meant to say upgraded turbo. I hope you can make it... Time is running out though for this yr. I heard one night you talking about ets in your car, sounds really good for a bolt on.. I just hope the weather is good.

Any opinion on the time trial et deal... Ok, .001 I've done that once, you were there.. Needless to say on the real races, redlight you lose... be like jumping.

69gt4speed
09-24-2009, 12:00 PM
wtf is reaction time? sportmans tree is .500 per light countdown. Around here they calculate how far away it is from .500.. cordova, tristate and cfr. Hence perfect reaction would be .500 but since they calculate/list how far away it is from .500 then that would be .000. Here's the cordova slip cobra vs the lightning in 2005. So reality my reaction time was .501 but they list it as .001. That is what I meant. Also notice the margin of victory which is .3462 sec = reaction time + et.
http://photos.imageevent.com/69gt4speed/carforumpics/websize/timeslip%2010-22-05.jpg

allgo
09-24-2009, 05:09 PM
If you want to make it like a street race why would you caculate in reaction time?? pro tree go first person to the finish line wins pretty simple if you ask me.

FiFdYnUtZ
09-24-2009, 07:12 PM
agreed^

snickerlicker
09-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Me too

30lbsboost
09-24-2009, 08:41 PM
I also agree, first to the finish line!

69gt4speed
09-24-2009, 11:22 PM
It is who gets to the finish line first..... Notice my slip says I won by .3462... That is how far ahead I was total. I got almost a perfect launch time and ran a tiny bit quicker than the lightning... At the 1/4 finish I was about 1 car ahead thanks to the launch time I got. Just like a street race... someone snoozes they lose even against a slower car. How can I make it plainer than that.. Don't worry it is who gets there first.. I promise unless you cut a red light.. a negative reaction time.. It will list that as -.200 or however early you leave. It's cheating, jumping, however you say it. Only thing on time trials I think a guy ought to get one free deal and just go off of lowest et on up to the slowest car. If you guys say no then how it is... I don't care... After time trial then we line up lowest/quickest et vs slowest/highest et and run them off till we have a winner. Then I give out the trophy to the winner. Through the runoff it is who gets there to finish line first. Which equals best reaction and low et. Winner will be shown as my slip was. No disputes, no bs. This will be a sportsman tree of .500, you might be able to anticipate the green like a honk or arm drop.

69gt4speed
09-24-2009, 11:46 PM
A pro tree is .400 between lights, harder to anticipate the green is all. It is still who gets there first... reaction time + et. I believe w/o special instructions it will be a .500 tree like everyone is used to. That is always what t&t is when I've done it. Now I'm gonna throw 2 slips up one a winner for me and the other a loser for me as I redlighted by a bunch, notice it says a -.260 r/t... So we are on same page of what wins and what loses a - r/t is a loser unless your - r/t is less than your opponent just like real drag racing. Say yours is -.100 and his is -.200, you win no matter the et. That's how they do it real racing or we could say who gets there first.. but what if someone leaves 1 sec early then what? A -1.000, I could leave 1 sec early then and win esp if I might run a 11.500 et. Then I would have a equal to a 10.500 at .000 reaction w/o getting booted out. Cheating in my book.
http://photos.imageevent.com/69gt4speed/69gt4speedfirstalbum/websize/08-20-timeslip1.jpg

Mufflover
09-25-2009, 07:38 AM
not that you guys care what I say here but why is this becoming so complicated?? heads up from point a to b. he who gets there first wins.

69gt4speed
09-25-2009, 08:37 AM
That's all I'm saying besides the redlight aspect... and time trial what to do.

Mufflover
09-25-2009, 11:59 AM
well a redlight is a lost anyway..

TbTalon94
09-25-2009, 12:08 PM
yea i say you leave at green, who makes it there first wins. If you red-light you automatic loose. Simple as that, no need to factor in reaction or anything else.

APPLES355
09-25-2009, 02:29 PM
All i know is that i am ready to go. Havlik has my 9" done and its getting installed this weekend. Red lighting is just like jumping. Green is the only way to go and that is not meant to sound like being a tree hugger!

Ricky
09-25-2009, 02:37 PM
All i know is that i am ready to go. Havlik has my 9" done and its getting installed this weekend. Red lighting is just like jumping. Green is the only way to go and that is not meant to sound like being a tree hugger!

peace, love, go green. lol

FiFdYnUtZ
09-25-2009, 02:44 PM
i was tossing around the idea of putting FKGREEN on my plates haha...

69gt4speed
09-25-2009, 06:06 PM
reaction time + et is automatically added in on a finish line win... All I'm saying. That is what racing is street or track. Some ppl get hung up on I ran xxx et when on a real race it is who lunches first plus runs the quickest. Ok red your out,,, what if both cars lined up cut a red... one say a -.100.. the other car a red by -.200 now what I'm asking, it can easily happen. Both out or the -.1000 stays in no matter his et or total time? I don't care whatever you want...

30lbsboost
09-25-2009, 09:26 PM
yea i say you leave at green, who makes it there first wins. If you red-light you automatic loose. Simple as that, no need to factor in reaction or anything else.

i'm with ya! :supz:

30lbsboost
09-25-2009, 09:27 PM
i was tossing around the idea of putting FKGREEN on my plates haha...

funny :biggrin:

69gt4speed
09-25-2009, 10:47 PM
Ok what about if both say Trevor and I both red light as I described, both booted out of competition? Or the one that is closest to .500 gets to go on to next round? I don't care. I just want all ducks in a row and no bs.

Finally to setup intial line up do we go on low et time trial slip on down to slowest and line then fastest and slowest et? That's the last issue imo.

30lbsboost
09-25-2009, 11:05 PM
Ok what about if both say Trevor and I both red light as I described, both booted out of competition? Or the one that is closest to .500 gets to go on to next round? I don't care. I just want all ducks in a row and no bs.

Finally to setup intial line up do we go on low et time trial slip on down to slowest and line then fastest and slowest et? That's the last issue imo.

that could work, or we could just have everyone post there fastest time slip from that day. but your idea would give the best "show" for everyone watching

69gt4speed
09-26-2009, 09:52 AM
1..Ok then everybody can we agree if both cars happen to redlight (a -.xxx reaction) they are out cause they left too early? Lets make it simple, red you're out.. one car or 2 cars...If both Kitch and I redlighted racing each other we are both out.. The slip will show a -.xxx reaction time for proof.

2.. go by the time trial et to line up the cars? fastest vs slowest

FiFdYnUtZ
09-26-2009, 12:11 PM
i think it should go by the win light....

69gt4speed
09-26-2009, 12:29 PM
It is the finish win light when racing vs a opponent!!! I'm talking the time trials.. do we go off the et? And line them up for racing based on et... Once we have them lined up we race and its the finish win light unless you redlight... Then you lose if you redlight...You guys should go race for a trophy sometime (besides this one) you would then see what I am saying and asking.

30lbsboost
09-26-2009, 02:04 PM
It is the finish win light when racing vs a opponent!!! I'm talking the time trials.. do we go off the et? And line them up for racing based on et... Once we have them lined up we race and its the finish win light unless you redlight... Then you lose if you redlight...You guys should go race for a trophy sometime (besides this one) you would then see what I am saying and asking.

i think et for time trials

McKeever
09-26-2009, 02:56 PM

i think et for time trials

Agreed

69gt4speed
09-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Agreed... :supz:

TbTalon94
09-28-2009, 06:46 AM
I say if BOTH red-light then go by the ET.

APPLES355
09-28-2009, 12:33 PM
I would go off of ET to pair people up. Then the win light in the actual race unless the person red lights.

McKeever
09-28-2009, 05:03 PM
If both red light, then the person that red lighted first should be out.

FiFdYnUtZ
09-28-2009, 05:13 PM
i think any red light should be a loss, so if both red light, both are out..

StreetSweeper
09-28-2009, 05:26 PM
I think this should not even be being discussed! if you don't no how to drag race stay the fuck off the track and read a Comp rule book to get the basics! :banghead:

allgo
09-28-2009, 05:50 PM
I think this should not even be being discussed! if you don't no how to drag race stay the fuck off the track and read a Comp rule book to get the basics! :banghead:

Thank you for saying it george been thinking it all the time to.... :bigthumb:

69gt4speed
09-29-2009, 12:01 AM
I don't care, if participants say both kicked out... so it is... to make it simple. Don't come crying to me later all I ask. Be on your toes, then wait a lil longer to make sure you do not red light. Et sets the line up... all agreed, let's lock this down...

It will be either breaking or driving to win the race.. LOL.. btw I heard you are working hard to get your car ready w that setup Trevor.. Yea the trophy and the manual deal is a big bragging thing for sure but like me you play it down... Injectors, tune, and big etc.. And ol Josh throwing a plate/slicks on there? I love it. 30# is trying his best to hold on to his claim... Someone will get the trophy that's for sure who will it be? It could be d/d, hell we all might break or redlight. Or the tacoma might win, I have no idea what that runs. I'll give it a shot, we'll see. That skipdownstairs dsm might show and kick our azz. Or Stevo, 90 notch.

TbTalon94
09-29-2009, 06:55 AM
Well i'm trying my damdest to get it done but idk if i'll be able to in this time frame. I have a lot of things going on right now besides my car so idk. Either way i'm going to be there if I have my car or not!

Domestic Disturbance
09-29-2009, 08:38 PM
If both redlight, they buy everyone else sundaes!

LT1Dan
09-29-2009, 09:30 PM
If both redlight, they buy everyone else sundaes!

Seconded! Fat kids always have the best ideas! :chef:

69gt4speed
09-29-2009, 11:07 PM
Ok we are good to go... Anybody else want to sign up? Scotty w your 03? I've lined up on the street before and lost.. Well my car went sideways but you did win. A 12.3 or better is good w your exp. Maybe I should say nothing, your skills at launching.....

69gt4speed
10-01-2009, 11:03 PM
We race and get done the winner gets the trophy. In case someone runs low et and gets booted he can claim fastest manual, but not the manual runoff winner of 09. Winner gets trophy.

It's been brought up... time trials.. ok we can have 2 in case somebody does something stupid like too much tire pressure, etc. Best et of those 2. That's it, this is to simulate a street race. It starts at 9 am time trials, the sc/gtp runoff will be later and unless I/we can get the sc prez to agree we will have to get it done in the time trials, everybody ok w that? That's like 3 hrs long or so.

69gt4speed
10-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Somebody asked me what's the big deal on time trials and then line up quickest vs slowest et....

Basically it's this... all you need to worry about if you are quickest is beating the slower car, so leave later and let off if you want, as long as you win, no big deal... Save your car that is the only advantage. Just like a street race. You're ahead a car or 2 then maintain that. Don't get booted out till last race would be the wise thing to do if that's good enough. You ppl that could be slower have a chance also, they could redlight or break.. You break and lose or not show next round you are eliminated. We are going to do this like the street, reline up and do it. No jacking around w bs. You might be able to in the line, that's it. You wouldn't want me to ice down my s/c for a hr now would you?

Notice I said can have 2 time trials.. if you feel one is good enough then have only 1... Smart thing to do is not get booted then... I would think a person would want trophy and low et, that's the goal overall.

69gt4speed
10-04-2009, 11:12 PM
My top secret n2o setup w pics...notice I did not include pic of stage 2...If I did, it would be a wee higher starting rpm. This is not what I ran on the street say vs the bike.

Domestic Disturbance
10-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Looks like I'm out. Clutch finally gave up on me today (hopefully thats all).

69gt4speed
10-04-2009, 11:16 PM
Then again I could change it via the laptop.

Ah crap d/d I wait around for ppl now this.. That sucks. Any consolation I filled my car full of smoke on spray a couple of times going 2 to 4, don't ask me how that happened. Just showing off w someone. Never did it racing. Missed a few shifts on racing. A stick is hard on parts as I said. Why we are brave and stupid enough to try a race. I'm sure you were trying it out. 88gt man you gotta step up.

Domestic Disturbance
10-05-2009, 01:04 AM
Haha thats why I'm not mad. I drive it like it should be driven, not like I'm going to church. Just happy it made it home

McKeever
10-05-2009, 10:17 AM
Looks like Sunday will be in the 40's. So there sould at least be some high mph traps, getting traction might be another story.

69gt4speed
10-05-2009, 11:22 AM
I heard 40's wtf. It was going to be low 50's a day ago.

black88gt
10-05-2009, 01:59 PM
im trying to work something out, as of now im getting fucked into working

XR4LIFE
10-05-2009, 08:22 PM
im trying to work something out, as of now im getting fucked into working

damnit vp just call in sick and fuck them over hahaha btw thats not a valid excuse

69gt4speed
10-05-2009, 11:14 PM
So I'll put you down, if you show great, if not way it is.

88gt w minor bolt ons and no spray, 5 speed... Last I knew 13 sec range car. Correct me if I'm wrong.

APPLES355
10-06-2009, 02:52 PM
If by some chance the weather doesnt hold up do you have a back up or maybe would tristate consider a rain date.

just curious!!

XR4LIFE
10-06-2009, 05:20 PM
I would be down for next years race....Im having some transmission problems with my cobra right now otherwise I'd be in....

McKeever
10-06-2009, 06:38 PM
If we end up getting a snow storm on Sunday, I think October 24th @ CF would be a good make up date.

30lbsboost
10-06-2009, 07:13 PM
If we end up getting a snow storm on Sunday, I think October 24th @ CF would be a good make up date.

if the weather is crappy, i wil not show.........i will take that as a bad omen and put the car away for the year. I would rather put the car away in one piece that in many pieces.

69gt4speed
10-06-2009, 11:13 PM
Yea if bad weather snow/rain/sleet we try the 24th at cfr. Don't worry the trophy is still in the box. There is always cordova after that or we can say wait till spring and do another a lil later. I ran cordova late one yr... It looks right now via kgan weather.com it will be ok but cold sunday. We all say 65 deg sunny sunday and a miracle appeared.

black88gt
10-07-2009, 12:41 AM
if the weather is crappy, i wil not show.....

punking out again im bringing the shovel and salt

who's got their mittens?

30lbsboost
10-07-2009, 05:18 AM
if the weather is crappy, i wil not show.....

punking out again im bringing the shovel and salt

who's got their mittens?

no punk out, here
bad weather possible, wife is working this weekend so im mr mom all weekend. and to honest, thinking about selling the whole car and finishing my turbo car for next spring, if i dont sell the silver car, then it getting a turbo,new fuel system, new ecu this winter for the silver car, and theres a 90% chance i will sell the 6speed in install an auto.
so say what you want to say, think what you want to think, i really dont care.
it is what its.

black88gt
10-07-2009, 11:25 AM
it was a joke i thought that was pretty obvious

30lbsboost
10-07-2009, 04:50 PM
oh, ok... i feel bad backing out of the race, thats all

69gt4speed
10-07-2009, 10:43 PM
Let me say I'm driving up on et streets so if any bad stuff, I'm staying home...Already got the car wrecked once on drag radials this yr. Wifes lil bro lives up by there so I will be calling him fairly early to check conditions. I'll post what he says early early sunday... If crappy we try the 24th at cfr.

APPLES355
10-09-2009, 11:34 AM
the weather looks to be promising, but cold!

69gt4speed
10-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Here is my cell# 319-540-6156. I got a 2nd phone so that's mine. Yea looks to be a whole new thing for me being that cold... If clear we'll do it. I think lowest on street been in 40's for me. I figure 30's ppl. Who knows if any will hook up. Never been on a track that cold.

APPLES355
10-09-2009, 01:11 PM
hey it would be like the very first time i lined up next to you!!

McKeever
10-09-2009, 06:31 PM
I heard all the other tracks have canceled their events for this weekend.

69gt4speed
10-09-2009, 11:51 PM
Well we better call tommorrow then... I've got mike albee's # I'll call him any word from anyone we post it up here.
hey it would be like the very first time i lined up next to you!!
Lol we had a good time then, it was a battle for sure... at least for me getting a perfect launch off my crappy tires, this thing sucks for that. Mike w me, a born again chevy guy was in shock. He still talks about it now and then. I think it was like 2 and 2 from a dig. Seemed to be cold also.

69gt4speed
10-10-2009, 12:42 AM
I got a reply of don't know from a email from BC\ right now. So there you go we will see how things shake out.. Hope for 65 deg...

69gt4speed
10-10-2009, 09:44 PM
Got a email in to Bill Cassil right now, I'm set I hope, tried a couple test runs it was not good. Fkr about killed me. My hood was shakin and so on. Never saw it do that before. If open tommorrow then a driver race for sure. Sure isn't most power all out. 1st was useless.

This is what I got from bc...."Reid will be here by 7;30. Call the track. It will be cold.
BC"
So what we have ppl it is not 100% a done deal. If it is good, then a drivers race, a 300 whp rwd could win it or a awd. Still I'll hand out the trophy to winner. I'm not happy but sh-t way it is I suppose. I would like to be able to do a later et slip test and then we line up. 30 deg is crazy imo, I don't want anyone to crash. When apples and I lined up we had less whp by far and it wasn't a good test imo.

69gt4speed
10-11-2009, 06:35 AM
I called the track just now.. He said realistically time trials start at 10 am... So it's on.. See you there, best driver wins.
Rob

69gt4speed
10-11-2009, 03:54 PM
We got there it was 33 deg.... colder than a witches tit. We did our time trials, I did one trial a 11.78 @ 128.81 2.1 60ft. Josh (apples355) did his trials he was around a 12.1 at 119/120. We then waited around for ppl... Anita said too cold to tape so her lil bro showed up and taped the final run. I was the fastest manual there I believe. Well 2 other cobras were sticks anyway. Vito was there and no one was hooking really. Track just had rubber left over from last week that's it. We were fools.. So Apples and I lined up right at 12:00 and went for it. The old sly dog I am made him nervous I guess... I tried a 3k launch off the spray, cut a .048 light and the rest was history. Didn't get booted by .024 sec. all was good. 11.524 @ 126.71 1.903 60ft. The video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCL1FBfuZvQ

69gt4speed
10-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Oh yea the finish lights on left side quit.. why idk.

FiFdYnUtZ
10-11-2009, 04:42 PM
so who all showed up? congrats rob! we should do a little playin on the street come spring!

69gt4speed
10-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Josh (apples355) and I showed up, besides sherman and a few others in the import race deal. No Scott, scotty, 88gt, etc. etc. It was foolish I suppose but I cut almost a perfect light (.048) and ran exactly where I wanted to. It was comical, the gtp's spinning through 2nd gear, same w everyone else w/o qtps or et streets or slicks. Most high power cars were off .5 to 1 sec. from normal in et. Lucky no one crashed. Next best tire was the m/t drag radial.

Look at the video way it was. race video, the time slip and the trophy winner all there.. So I got low et, top speed and the win... Old street dog does it again somehow.

Domestic Disturbance
10-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Good to hear Rob. Hopefully we can get another going next year, have some people help throw down on another trophy. Looks like you got pretty good 60's for this cold.

JacobS
10-11-2009, 05:54 PM
rob is right, traction was something you could only dream of today...my car wouldnt even hook up but i did manage a whopping 17.000 and 82.46mph.

jasons turbo integra spun through 3rd on slick to a 11.9 i believe....

o well it was fun!! :bigthumb:

69gt4speed
10-11-2009, 06:00 PM
I'm game just not this cold. I had to go on my vast exp at the track at 35 deg. Which is 0 none. Lucky my .048 reaction gave me a car over Apples .174, then the nitrous kicked in and it hooked ok, a miracle. Ppl were going sideways and letting off. Most were running a 2.1/ 2.5 60ft range w/o slicks. We'll get a bigger trophy next time. I can win that also if you let me. Yo Sherman...That's my guy :bigthumb: He might of seen the final idk of Apples and I...

JacobS
10-11-2009, 06:08 PM
i saw it, kind of wish there was some more cars that entered. theres always next year though!

30lbsboost
10-11-2009, 06:27 PM
congrats!!
several factors keeped me at home today (wife worked so i was mr mom all weekend, the cold, and the tune on my car not being right) ....but heres the real kicker for me! I've been working on a new MAF tune the last week or so, and noticed the o2s very sluggesh so I went and bought 2 new o2 sensors last night, this afternoon (during my daughters nap) i went out to the garage and installed them, i waited all day for my wife to get home from work to drive the car. now with the new o2s reading correctly i was able to get accurate BLMs
I noticed on my data log right at 8-11% tps and on up the knock sensor was going to max attack rate of 12 deg retard!! ...yikes!! After a couple more logs I came to the conclusion that the forged internals, and other parts in the engine made some noise not to metion the exhaust vibration had to be freaking out the knock sensor...aka false knock readings. Ive ran into this concern before ,but not ths extreme, i would bet the exhaust is sending the bulk of the vibration to the engine block. the plugs look fine, no autible knock, so i disabled the knock sensor at cruiseing and part throttle VE, the knock sensor still works in PE mode just incase at WOT on the the juice. so to make a long story shorter the car runs night and day better...the seat of the pants feel is like the car is on the nitrous, at cruiseing speeds then punching it the front suspension lifts up pretty far, knocks the car sideways and lays rubber till i back out of it, LOL!
I need to do a little tweeking to get the BLMS closer to where i want them but the giant cam that i have in the car is now very drive able, very little cam surge now.
I cant wait to run the car at the track next year
All done with a oem pcm w/ tunnercat software , maf tune w/ narrow band o2s
If I keep the 6-speed I hope to give rob a run for his money, if he give me the chance again. that is if the car does not sell in the next couple of days then i will keep it for a wile and make some more tweeks to it

Congrants agian to the Fastest 6- speed in CR!!!!

69gt4speed
10-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Yea if a awd would of been there w some power well I hate to think of it. When I saw Apples w those 28" qtp I thought ah crap there goes the neighborhood. It appears he bogged it off the line idk. I did also but it picked up quick w the nitrous coming on. Apples monte will run 11's no problem as it sits. I left track early, he may have done it already.
Scott you had the chance I gave you all yr pretty much... This will go down again next yr. I gave up no sh-t $500 bucks to do this by not working. That is why I do quick after work deals. I have no issues w you or anyone trust me. I get forced to work many times and can't do this or that. It sucks but I like the cash.

OldSkoolRCR
10-11-2009, 06:59 PM
I'm game just not this cold. I had to go on my vast exp at the track at 35 deg. Which is 0 none. Lucky my .048 reaction gave me a car over Apples .174, then the nitrous kicked in and it hooked ok, a miracle. Ppl were going sideways and letting off. Most were running a 2.1/ 2.5 60ft range w/o slicks. We'll get a bigger trophy next time. I can win that also if you let me. Yo Sherman...That's my guy :bigthumb: He might of seen the final idk of Apples and I...

Thats what you fools get for going to TriSkate Raceway, shit is not hooking up there anymore in July's 80 degree heat :rolleyes:

MustangSally
10-11-2009, 07:20 PM
LOL you're too funny... Good enough to win is good enough. I ran .024 from getting possibly booted, how much better than that? I said from start a drivers race what ever street or what ever track. I don't care if it's a dog. I like a stick car, 03 works ok besides the track. You know no cage/bar for me.

69gt4speed
10-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Ha I accidently logged in under Anita wrong computer. :bigthumb:

DustinsDuster
10-11-2009, 07:32 PM
sorry there wasnt a better turnout, but i dont think anyone could have predicted the weather would turn THIS cold this fast. seems to be worse ever year.

30lbsboost
10-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Yea if a awd would of been there w some power well I hate to think of it. When I saw Apples w those 28" qtp I thought ah crap there goes the neighborhood. It appears he bogged it off the line idk. I did also but it picked up quick w the nitrous coming on. Apples monte will run 11's no problem as it sits. I left track early, he may have done it already.
Scott you had the chance I gave you all yr pretty much... This will go down again next yr. I gave up no sh-t $500 bucks to do this by not working. That is why I do quick after work deals. I have no issues w you or anyone trust me. I get forced to work many times and can't do this or that. It sucks but I like the cash.

yep. you gave me a fair chance and plenty of time, i just did not expect the amount of problems i was about to run into this season. today was a BIG day as far as fixing a problem on my car. I have to tell ya it feels great to finnally figure it out. just like anything else, if you change too many things at one time your bound to have some problems. usually its not i big deal for me to figure out.....but this problem just caught me by surprise this time. to be honest if i would have figured it out 24hrs before i pry would have made arragments and showed up to the race today.

did you guys have problems keeping bottle pressure today???

McKeever
10-11-2009, 07:49 PM
I'm done with Tristate. I run my worst times there and they charge more $ to go down the track. Anyone going to CF on the 24th?

69gt4speed
10-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Dustin honestly I wanted Scott to show up, you know that already. And my buddy Adam. I invited everyone I knew. Even autos for some action. :bigthumb: I don't care if I lose too much.. sh-t happens. Ya the weather sucked but I ran better than ever so tells me that's good w others running so crappy today. Those tires helped a lot today. The d/r were pos on those other cobras w/o spray. I respect ppl w auto but man a stick is lot harder to do right. So hats off to Josh... :supz: Like the first time we battled on 100 w ice receeding. He's a good guy...It looked to be real close. One fk up and you're history.

Scott, I had Adam's nano setup and it saved me more or less. This morning looked and turned it on crap it's only 800#. I used the bottle heater too and by the time I got there it was 1050# ah sh-t too high did a time trial then a perfect 950# for the final. So conclusion is for the nano deal 15# bottle booster on a 10# nitrous bottle when it's 30 deg out. That should keep a perfect 950# pressure all the time. No way my bottle htr could get 950 much less 1050# but I had tested it yesterday so all that was still sitting in the bottle on top of the nitrous. A lil heat it was there for pressure. Look up nano nitrous I've talked too long already.

I might go if booted out of working long story....

Domestic Disturbance
10-11-2009, 09:25 PM
Well I know 3 SIN cars that will hopefully show in the next one. Partied too hard last night to get our only not broken stick car to wake up. Shit happens.

Earlier in the year definitely next time. Just set a date early spring for a mid summer event and stick to it.

69gt4speed
10-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Yea I waited a while but Josh needed a 9", he's a good guy and I'm sure he will put the spray to it so watch out. It's already stripped down imo. A easy 10 sec. car. Those are at max 3.2k# so plan accordingly. Damn it gets tough, what to do? A diet might help I suppose. I did not expect to win anything at any time....I cut a good light and ran ok for the safety equip I had. I could put in a bar and etc. It is not a drag car.

Whata coulda shoulda is not this yr. I won based on who showed. You all are great ppl but a crappy track and conditions are illegal? As we said like the streets. You think a cobra w irs is great? You know better. As I said let the chips fall as they may... I hoped to race 10 ppl, not my fault if they did not show. You know me...I fear no one cause I'm stupid/a optimist esp w the trophy I bought.

XR4LIFE
10-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Congrats Rob you have one bad ass street cobra for sure plus u cut a good light. Hope to make it next year if I still have my cobra.

Scott
10-12-2009, 07:13 AM
yeah I really wanted to make it up there as well, I had plans on going but with the wild and crazy wedding the night before I couldnt barely make it out of bed sunday morning, I want to try taking both my cars up one more day and see how they run, sorry I didnt make it up Rob, maybe we can still make it out again this year. It wouldnt surprise me if next weekend was 70 degrees!!

JacobS
10-12-2009, 07:38 AM
Yea I waited a while but Josh needed a 9", he's a good guy and I'm sure he will put the spray to it so watch out. It's already stripped down imo. A easy 10 sec. car. Those are at max 3.2k# so plan accordingly. Damn it gets tough, what to do? A diet might help I suppose. I did not expect to win anything at any time....I cut a good light and ran ok for the safety equip I had. I could put in a bar and etc. It is not a drag car.

Whata coulda shoulda is not this yr. I won based on who showed. You all are great ppl but a crappy track and conditions are illegal? As we said like the streets. You think a cobra w irs is great? You know better. As I said let the chips fall as they may... I hoped to race 10 ppl, not my fault if they did not show. You know me...I fear no one cause I'm stupid/a optimist esp w the trophy I bought.

im going to agree with rob. just because there was not a great turnout and crappy conditions doesnt take anything away from a win. Congrats again rob.

MustangSally
10-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Came to read what else was posted on this thread of Rob's as that is all I do anymore ( to avoid conflict,lol), was shocked to find a post under my name then Rob posting again under his name explaining why my name had posted,lol.

Babe, check to make sure I'm not logged before posting, ok.... so it doesn't look funny,lol.

Anyhow, I was proud of Rob's win at the track Sunday even tho I stayed in the van with the heater where it was warm instead of out in the cold watching.

stangvortech
10-12-2009, 03:27 PM
Congrats Rob! I still dont have my car back yet or I would have showed up for fun. Tyler got his new trans on Friday afternoon for the cobra or we would have came in that if it was in the car. Next year for sure.

OldSkoolRCR
10-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Congrats on your win Rob, next year it should include manual valve body automatics also...lol

Domestic Disturbance
10-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Congrats on your win Rob, next year it should include manual valve body automatics also...lol
HAHA worst idea ever. Clutch required :biggrin:

allgo
10-12-2009, 09:38 PM
true dat..

black88gt
10-12-2009, 09:44 PM
LOL just because you shift it yourself doesnt mean its in the same ballpark

they both have manual in it they have to be the same right?

FiFdYnUtZ
10-12-2009, 10:06 PM
the mvb boys would OWN haha

69gt4speed
10-12-2009, 11:11 PM
^ Not yesterday ask vito...A tranny brake mvb is useless on ice. Though I don't have a line lok you did not see my tires smoking and it took Josh a long time to get any smoke. Heck I tried 3rd gear burnout after the win still no smoke and forgot to go to 1st gear and ran a 13 flat at 123 mph. After that wife said go home.

Yea Scotty we go cfr 24th? They are booting us out again on weekends so maybe can go. Btw I saw 2 mystichromes there one guy just got tuned w the bolt ons 477 whp dynojet ran a 12.2 something w m/t dr. 2.3 60ft. Plus vito ran I believe mid 10. I don't know if he did another run or not. He said congrats to you btw.

69gt4speed
10-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Btw Ed, Joe and all of you auto guys just buy a trophy do a setup like we did. I think that would be great... Do side bets if you want. This town has fast drag cars, a lot of them, yes they are autos. Though gotta say my $ is on Scotty. I ran into him at bbops long ago, he tried to hustle me then. LoL.. Remember it like yesterday. He did not know I knew about fox body coupes and followed all the latest stuff about them. Heck invite Trent w that dodge dsm deal. And Vito he tried to help the import guys yesterday w a t bolt. I'd like to see turbo cobra vs s/c cobra. And Ryan he's from here. Consider it.

I'll call Scotty's car frankenstang. I like that name. Imo its about time for all of you to do a heads up race just like we did. All bs aside. Not just et or mph slips but based on reaction, et and speed, side by side. All out what you got finish line first wins w/o a redlight. I'll help if asked getting a trophy. I appreciate all the kind comments btw from all of you... I'm not getting any younger.

allgo
10-13-2009, 06:35 AM
^ Not yesterday ask vito...A tranny brake mvb is useless on ice. Though I don't have a line lok you did not see my tires smoking and it took Josh a long time to get any smoke. Heck I tried 3rd gear burnout after the win still no smoke and forgot to go to 1st gear and ran a 13 flat at 123 mph. After that wife said go home.

Yea Scotty we go cfr 24th? They are booting us out again on weekends so maybe can go. Btw I saw 2 mystichromes there one guy just got tuned w the bolt ons 477 whp dynojet ran a 12.2 something w m/t dr. 2.3 60ft. Plus vito ran I believe mid 10. I don't know if he did another run or not. He said congrats to you btw.

vito went 9.40s on sunday...I think he was doing all right.

Scott
10-13-2009, 07:22 AM
Btw Ed, Joe and all of you auto guys just buy a trophy do a setup like we did. I think that would be great... Do side bets if you want. This town has fast drag cars, a lot of them, yes they are autos. Though gotta say my $ is on Scotty. I ran into him at bbops long ago, he tried to hustle me then. LoL.. Remember it like yesterday. He did not know I knew about fox body coupes and followed all the latest stuff about them. Heck invite Trent w that dodge dsm deal. And Vito he tried to help the import guys yesterday w a t bolt. I'd like to see turbo cobra vs s/c cobra. And Ryan he's from here. Consider it.

I'll call Scotty's car frankenstang. I like that name. Imo its about time for all of you to do a heads up race just like we did. All bs aside. Not just et or mph slips but based on reaction, et and speed, side by side. All out what you got finish line first wins w/o a redlight. I'll help if asked getting a trophy. I appreciate all the kind comments btw from all of you... I'm not getting any younger.

Hey my car isnt that mixed up!! Just a Powerglide trans and the rest is Ford power train, still got a 8.8 rearend even. I dont really care though, the car is pretty radical to be a daily driver so its not anywhere close to be being in the same level as your car. At least the black car is, the cobra is probably pretty close to yours but with no nitrous :mad: Thats why I have liked the 10.5 heads up races they were doing this year, the fastest car doesnt always win, rarely wins actually.. I have been VERY lucky this year drag racing considering the events I have won, the only reason I won 2/3 races is because of someone else messing up so I do consider myself extremely lucky in that aspect. The heads up racing is a blast and hopefully we can get more people racing in them next year!!! Good job representing the FORDS ROB!!!!

69gt4speed
10-13-2009, 09:02 AM
Joe I saw him after he did a run of mid 10's. He asked about getting booted out. I said idk last tristate open day. Then the import guys had him look for a t bolt. Then I went home. I knew it warmed up a bit later.
Scotty I got lucky that's all. If you want to do the 24th you know the #. Yes I really wish I could have seen the Brian h deal at cfr. That was one I really wanted to see. Ok no frankenstang. It is a great looking car imo.

Scott
10-13-2009, 09:12 AM
haha its aight Rob you call it whatever you want to.. I have a good video of races that day but we need to get them edited still. I will think about the 24th, I might be racing the black car again

allgo
10-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Joe I saw him after he did a run of mid 10's. He asked about getting booted out. I said idk last tristate open day. Then the import guys had him look for a t bolt. Then I went home. I knew it warmed up a bit later.
Scotty I got lucky that's all. If you want to do the 24th you know the #. Yes I really wish I could have seen the Brian h deal at cfr. That was one I really wanted to see. Ok no frankenstang. It is a great looking car imo.

he was running 10s cause he was doing his nhra passes..

JacobS
10-13-2009, 05:55 PM
vito did run 9.4x's later on in the day.

JacobS
10-13-2009, 06:03 PM
c_mart_28 over on DS.net took this.

vitos car
http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb90 ... MG1885.flv (http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb90/c_mart_28/?action=view&current=CIMG1885.flv)

Jappbox
10-13-2009, 07:25 PM
do a little tweeking to get the BLMS closer to where i want them

seriously man $200 buys you a wideband, before you need some more pistons and rods.

Think with your dipstick!!

FiFdYnUtZ
10-13-2009, 07:40 PM
we tried telling him that jesse...

30lbsboost
10-13-2009, 08:44 PM
do a little tweeking to get the BLMS closer to where i want them

seriously man $200 buys you a wideband, before you need some more pistons and rods.

Think with your dipstick!!

please let it rest
they are only are off by a small amount 135 blms at cruiseing is no big deal ..thats well with in the pcms +/- 10% correction factor with not much more work they will be at 126...at cruiseing, at wot the blms goto 128 aka 14.7:1 afr ..perfect!!
the BIGGEST reason the car did not run well was becouse of the false knock readings, not becouse of my tune, now that that is taken care of the car is a whole different beast! ....i have NEVER damaged an engine yet from tuneing...lets see how well anyone elses car runs with 12 deg of timeing being pulled out by the pcm
just incase there is any confusion on the old "flood" engine the bearings went.....over 100k, the flood, and going for 7k rpm every pass...to be even more to the point is was the oil pump.
if this was some badass turbo engine, yes no doubt i would do a wide band. but with my current small set up its hard to convince me that i have to have a wideband. and dont think that ive been working night and day trying to tune my car, cause thats just not true, i work on it form time to time, i doubt that i have 3 hrs total tuneing.most of the time was spent diagnoseing the knock sensor concern ...and now my big heads/cam car has very good drivability
and again....it was the knock sensor screwing EVERYTHING up...thats why i was haveing so much trouble...a widebands not going to tell me im getting false knock

not trying to be a dick, just trying to set it straight once and for all.......ok?

maybe we all should start a thread on tuneing becouse there are many methods to tuneing
maybe everyone can learn somthing

i

Jappbox
10-13-2009, 09:00 PM
the new and best way of tuning is using Wideband Sensors. PERIOD, Im not going to learn anything from you sorry not trying to be a dick neather but come on. Not going to start any drama on this. So Carry on with the Narrow band tuning.

30lbsboost
10-13-2009, 09:33 PM
the new and best way of tuning is using Wideband Sensors. PERIOD, Im not going to learn anything from you sorry not trying to be a dick neather but come on. Not going to start any drama on this. So Carry on with the Narrow band tuning.

wideband is better, i dont deny that.......never have!
with a wife, 3 kids and a home, a person sometimes uses what they got, untill they get somthing better.............GET IT?
i learn new things nearly every day, you thinking you cant learn from somone else is very narrow minded. so that pretty much shuts the door to any further discussion with you.

FiFdYnUtZ
10-13-2009, 11:03 PM
lol you would never tune your car to 14.7, it would last about 2 seconds that lean...

69gt4speed
10-13-2009, 11:27 PM
c_mart_28 over on DS.net took this.

vitos car
http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb90 ... MG1885.flv (http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb90/c_mart_28/?action=view&current=CIMG1885.flv)

Thank's Sherman for posting that up. :bigthumb: After I saw that mid 10 and then the vega going sideways 2 times w big azz tires I thought oh no I'm going to be like the gtp's. It's a loss for sure. He asked me about track officals him w/o a license running 9's, idk I told him, maybe ok being last race here. Then the t bolt deal and wife was saying go home...So didn't see that 9.4 pass. I was looking for some food by then. Hadn't ate all day, bp was low so needed some food.

Btw I saw Zee... man you got there a bit late, I did not know what the track was going to do so we did the final at noon we waited it seemed forever. Thank's for showing.... I always liked your camaro and you. Hopefully got in free, wife did, only ppl running paid 30.

You guys man if Scott doesn't have the $ then he does not. I wanted more than anything to beat him but stuff happens and you do what you have to do. If the 24th at cfr is open and decent I'll try to show up, he can also. I have no trailer, a turd and am old. We can see how the silver car runs now. I did nothing different besides nozzle (same jets) and raise the spray point 500 rpms. No timing, it's 18 deg still. With 30 deg temp figured more hp would not help and best stick w old setup. I'd like to get a 4k launch out of the turd if possible. Maybe a good light could win idk.

Heck it's his mtr who cares, you guys have barked already, lets line them up.... There is always luck right? That lean could make max whp compared to a 11.5/1 right? I am spewing fuel, the plugs say so pretty much. A careful read of the plugs were all we had back in the 70's. Not saying the best but what we had.

black88gt
10-14-2009, 01:40 AM
if youre on a budget buy a wideband instead of the parachute?

30lbsboost
10-14-2009, 05:18 AM
lol you would never tune your car to 14.7, it would last about 2 seconds that lean...
want to gor for a ride....you can bring your stop watch.....

i bet anyone a $1000.00 cash it will not blow up

30lbsboost
10-14-2009, 05:33 AM

to be clear i really like you scott, but comments like this .....well, give me a break ....im not going to respond to the parachute thing ever again....safty is safty, period, money well spent

i talked to your gf i wile back, it seems at one of the races this summer you keeped changing nitrous jets, she said "he doesent even know what shot is in the car right now"
again, not me saying that, but her....funny my wife heard it to
sounds like a combo for a true blown up engine to me, if what she said is true, that makes you look pretty dumb, right?
but hey, its not my car ...i dont care, so i dont preach to you...your a big boy, right?

Mufflover
10-14-2009, 08:35 AM

I think he is talking about idle at 14.7, why would we need to bring a stop watch when we could just use a sun dial to time your car, take that $1000 cash and put it towards a wide band set-up.

Scott
10-14-2009, 09:38 AM

to be clear i really like you scott, but comments like this .....well, give me a break ....im not going to respond to the parachute thing ever again....safty is safty, period, money well spent

i talked to your gf i wile back, it seems at one of the races this summer you keeped changing nitrous jets, she said "he doesent even know what shot is in the car right now"
again, not me saying that, but her....funny my wife heard it to
sounds like a combo for a true blown up engine to me, if what she said is true, that makes you look pretty dumb, right?
but hey, its not my car ...i dont care, so i dont preach to you...your a big boy, right?

I think you have your people confused there!! but to tell the facts I dont know how big of shot Im spraying in my car either!! but you know what, it doesnt matter, I tune my car by reading the plugs and that tells me all I need to know.. I have a wideband but its not communicating with my laptop. but I can tell you it goes from a 10.5 off the bottle to 8.7 or faster on the bottle, and it doesnt sound like Im shooting ducks all the way down the track. The story with my nitrous acting up a couple years ago was not simple and had to do with defective parts but I still havent fucked anything up yet "fingers crossed" I also have 3 different size jets in my nitrous kit, fuel enrichment in the nitrous kit makes the power not the nitrous itself, and all the manufacturers measure HP by nitrous jet orifice size which I dont feel is accurate.. If you really want to know how big of a shot your spraying put it on a dyno dont read it off a chart. When you can tune a 1000hp to go down the track and still drive around town on pump gas then come talk to me, I dont and havent preached to you before so dont start "and maybe she told you I dont know what size shot is in it because I didnt want her to tell anyone :) "

69gt4speed
10-14-2009, 10:58 AM
LoL... Btw I call 30# Scott and Scott w the stang Scotty...

Nitrous jets.. one co. says xx hp another will say something different. Hey if it isn't burning the ground electrode away and looks brownish w no metal on the porcelain that looks ok to me. You could have one lean cylinder and a w/b won't show it. Injector fkd up or something. Best check everything imo. I'm no expert though on anything.

Scotty has a good nitrous setup w a basic carb, not as much to go wrong imo. Just he does not get the gas mileage a s/c or turbo car can. I think Scotty has proven this yr that his setup has done well on the track. Whatever it is. A guy running good doesn't tell all the tricks. That's only for slow azz turds like mine. Couple 03 guys asked stuff I told them and they ran mid 10's w it lighter and some porting w bogarts.

Domestic Disturbance
10-14-2009, 11:06 AM
why would we need to bring a stop watch when we could just use a sun dial to time your car
I usually ignore your shit and try to avoid taking sides on this site at all, but that made me laugh.

And Scotty Jr I think you got 88blackgt mixed up with the wrong guy.

30lbsboost
10-14-2009, 11:29 AM

I think he is talking about idle at 14.7, why would we need to bring a stop watch when we could just use a sun dial to time your car, take that $1000 cash and put it towards a wide band set-up.
Where's your fast car shit talker??
You rip on everyone and I've never heared anything about your car, I mean bmx bike
Well get the sundial out and see who's faster you, or me.

30lbsboost
10-14-2009, 11:42 AM
why would we need to bring a stop watch when we could just use a sun dial to time your car
I usually ignore your shit and try to avoid taking sides on this site at all, but that made me laugh.

And Scotty Jr I think you got 88blackgt mixed up with the wrong guy.

I think I did get the wrong guy, opps. Just one more person to join the party now , oh well its everyone against me anyway!
I fail to understand what I have done to desere all of the bs I have to endure about my car now. It really does not matter anymore. At this point to honest I want revenge next season at the track.
So 13 second cars start lineing up if you want some, next 12 second,11 second, and so on
I'm going to start with the slower cars and work my way down, picking them off one by one. We will see how far I get next year
Enuf said.

Mufflover
10-14-2009, 11:51 AM
Big difference between me and you is I dont act like I got anything fast you do, I think everyone on here has heard just wait until next year one to many times 30second1/4mile...*(new screen name)

FiFdYnUtZ
10-14-2009, 02:36 PM
were not baggin on you scott, were simply telling you that you cant tune...you would NEVER tune a car to 14.7afr at WOT, thats simply foolish, and the parachute comment, you are 40mph off of nhra regulation of needing it (which is conservative anyway) your car doesnt have near the potential to reach that mph in the 1/4....a twin stage 8.5:1 lt1 car WILL NOT go 160 in the 1/4 unless you are running open selenoids and getting pulled by scotty's stang.....quit taking defense and yeild our advice...and as for picking cars off, have fun with that because your car was the most inconsistent car ive ever seen, you would probably lose to the 13 second car and win against the 12 second car...

DustinsDuster
10-14-2009, 04:18 PM
i just really dont understand why the parachute keeps getting brought up. unnecessary? perhaps, but hasnt everyone here done something one time or another with there car that could be deemed unnecessary? having an A1000 fuel pump and 10an fuel lines feeding my 400ish hp pump gas small block and a 125 shot was pretty unnecessary, but i didnt catch flack from that. you could argue what is worse than what, but where do you draw the line? things get fuzzy and grey when you get into car modding like this. there are 12 second bracket cars with roll cages; some people just want an over-abundance of safety- i say let them be. besides, if you raced scott and won, you could brag you beat a parachute car!

30lbsboost
10-14-2009, 05:17 PM
Big difference between me and you is I dont act like I got anything fast you do, I think everyone on here has heard just wait until next year one to many times 30second1/4mile...*(new screen name)

your correct, you and i are not the same......there is 2 kinds of people - those who talk about it and those who do it! ....at least im out there trying to make it happen.
oh wait, i guess im wrong again, there is a 3rd kind of person.....those who sit on the sidelines, like you!!

keep on talking shit.........monday morning qtr back (your new screen name)

30lbsboost
10-14-2009, 05:49 PM
were not baggin on you scott, were simply telling you that you cant tune...you would NEVER tune a car to 14.7afr at WOT, thats simply foolish, and the parachute comment, you are 40mph off of nhra regulation of needing it (which is conservative anyway) your car doesnt have near the potential to reach that mph in the 1/4....a twin stage 8.5:1 lt1 car WILL NOT go 160 in the 1/4 unless you are running open selenoids and getting pulled by scotty's stang.....quit taking defense and yeild our advice...and as for picking cars off, have fun with that because your car was the most inconsistent car ive ever seen, you would probably lose to the 13 second car and win against the 12 second car...

the 8:5 motor is built for boost, it will have boost soon, and i have options... my procharger or my gt47/88 turbo, i already have both of them, just need to decide on the path. the 6-speed is for sale, hopfully it sells. I wanted to keep this a manual trans car just for fun, but my pride is being stripped away so now i am taking steps. the silver car is also for sale for a little wile longer, hopefully it sells, then i will bring out the 94. but i doubt it will sell, we will see.

ask anyone who really knows me, i deliver on what i say.

i declared war on anyone who wishes to line up next to me for next year, starting with the 13sec cars and on down, one by one i will pick them off, untill i reach the limmits of what i put together this winter.
the odds are against me, and few if any will have the balls to stand by side. and so the line has been drawn now.
so bring on the 13sec cars to kick my ass!!! im ready to start with them ...now!!

McKeever
10-14-2009, 06:06 PM
So, I guess that means you will be a CF on the 24th?

30lbsboost
10-14-2009, 06:32 PM
So, I guess that means you will be a CF on the 24th?

its possible ,
whos the 1st person with a 13sec car who wants to loose?

LT1Dan
10-14-2009, 06:42 PM
I've had no part in the trash talk goin down but I'll volunteer my SloT1 for the challenge. Don't think I'll beat ya, just want some motivation to go to the track before it snows to get some numbers.

So CF next weekend?

LT1Dan
10-14-2009, 06:46 PM
Oh, its a 94 LT1 with True duals and bald ass 555r's. Good for mid-13's as it sits. Maybe a lil more with the NAAWWS.

30lbsboost
10-14-2009, 06:53 PM
weather pending....your on

LT1Dan
10-14-2009, 07:05 PM
Ok. Let me know.

30lbsboost
10-14-2009, 07:14 PM
the weather is unpredictible at best this time of year, i'll do my best to make it happen.
i dont work and i know my wife does not work so that part is taken care of.
I have no beef with you at all....thanks for stepping up to the challange!
one question, your car an auto or stick?

later,
Scott

LT1Dan
10-14-2009, 07:26 PM
Yeah I hear ya on the weather, it sucks right now. It's an auto, stock stall. It truly is a 13 second car unfortunately. lol Whether or not we race next weekend I'd like to run ya next year too. My new setup vs. your new one.

30lbsboost
10-14-2009, 08:08 PM
is yours a stock motor w/ bolt ons?
yea ....we will have to race either way

JacobS
10-14-2009, 08:34 PM
you have to start with the slowest...race my honda, ran a blistering 17sec 1/4!!!

30lbsboost
10-14-2009, 08:39 PM
you have to start with the slowest...race my honda, ran a blistering 17sec 1/4!!!
um, ok i guess your #2 in line

stangvortech
10-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Dan you are comming up for hc right so you will already be here? 30 put me on the list I know you hate me now........lol

30lbsboost
10-14-2009, 09:10 PM
Dan you are comming up for hc right so you will already be here? 30 put me on the list I know you hate me now........lol

ive been waiting, what took you so long, lol
#3 locked in

black88gt
10-14-2009, 09:15 PM
fuck it i'll run you w/ 50 less cubes n/a and no tune

black88gt
10-14-2009, 09:20 PM
and the parachute thing wasnt talking shit it was just a question

most people dont do a chute until it runs in the ballpark; its a low compression small cube motor. building a car on a budget is all about priorities and usually the safety of the engine is towards the top(wideband). knew you'd take it as a personal attack though, i'm done

30lbsboost
10-14-2009, 09:24 PM
fuck it i'll run you w/ 50 less cubes n/a and no tune

ok, fuck it..your on #4! knowing your car is not right and runnung any way, that takes balls...i like that :bigthumb:

what the hell do you have for a set up anyways? i had you confused for someone else before, opps my bad.

Domestic Disturbance
10-14-2009, 09:38 PM
I'm down to run em as long as my clutch is in and broken in by then

30lbsboost
10-14-2009, 09:40 PM
i knew you would be down for some action!
take it to the track and break it in hard!!!!!!!!!

Domestic Disturbance
10-14-2009, 09:43 PM
I'm just hoping to break into 12s after 3 years. 13.0x's consistantly? WTF C'mon now, bout to give up on this expensive pig.

30lbsboost
10-14-2009, 10:06 PM
12.9 is in your future! Heat the fuck out of the tires and bring it out like hell out of the gates!
Good luck!

69gt4speed
10-14-2009, 10:57 PM
I will try to make it also, weather pending, if 30ish temps not going to, I want to try a higher launch rpm just once or so w these tires at 15#. I tried 16#. Like d/d this thing ticks me off for one decent 60ft w the irs. I'll shutoff the bottle if racing against anyone here just to help even it up. I have no idea what it will do. It is a 3870# car now w me. Just want to hang out w you all if booted out of working. No contest or nothing to prove besides myself and the 03.

FiFdYnUtZ
10-14-2009, 11:00 PM
wanna skip the bullshit and shut me up? ready to take georges $500 no bs, no shakedowns, trailer to track, 1 race bet?

69gt4speed
10-14-2009, 11:09 PM
Btw I have a set of good tread 275/40/17 m/t dr. m/t's probably need a 8.5" rim. reasonable, you know me. pm me if you want or my cell #. I'm going to list them in a day or so.

FiFdYnUtZ
10-15-2009, 12:17 AM
how much tread rob? i might take you up on those depending on that..

Domestic Disturbance
10-15-2009, 12:45 AM
If he doesn't take them let me know. Really I think I could have clicked off a 12 before if I would have brought the rpm's down a little and deep staged. Coulda shoulda woulda...

30lbsboost
10-15-2009, 04:54 AM
wanna skip the bullshit and shut me up? ready to take georges $500 no bs, no shakedowns, trailer to track, 1 race bet?

honestly, im not ready for any cash bets, need to see what the car is going to do, the track is pry going to stuck ass, i doubt i'll be able to spray, we will see
maybe ill be more consistant with the pcm not pulling crazy ammounts of timing out
but you should go to the track anyways

Scott
10-15-2009, 07:07 AM
I go down the track with 15 degrees of timing if that makes you feel any better!! Just add more nitrous to make up for it

LT1Dan
10-15-2009, 07:53 AM
is yours a stock motor w/ bolt ons?
yea ....we will have to race either way

Yes sir.

I'm still planning on coming up for it, but HC is this weekend and everyone is talking about racing next weekend, I think. Either way you should still bring out the "V6". Is it back home yet?

30#'s...Everything being discussed is for the weekend of the 24th, correct?

It would be cool if this works out, but I don't trust Mother nature this time of year. Shes being a major bitch...

69gt4speed
10-15-2009, 10:28 AM
how much tread rob? i might take you up on those depending on that..
Not down into the wear indicators yet. It's close though. I'll get a pic and pm you. You know I would not do you or anybody here wrong.

30lbsboost
10-15-2009, 10:51 AM
Yea dan the 24th
Let's see what mother natures has planned for us

FiFdYnUtZ
10-15-2009, 10:55 AM
your pcm pulls timing because your knocking....i.e. your tune sucks

30lbsboost
10-15-2009, 11:34 AM

False knock!
Plugs look fine, no noise ..what more do I need to explain?? Have you went for a drive in my car lately? I don't think so
I've come to the conclusion a wile ago, no matter what I do,say,whatever you guys are going to find ways to harass me. I've tried to be nice, it does not seem to be working, so fuck it!
Load your fucken car up, yourself, and your mouth and come find me..-im not hard to find just look for the 14sec car with the parachute!
Am I over reacting? Maybe, but everyone seems to think its pretty funny trying to piss me off.
I really need to stop posting on this board.

stangvortech
10-15-2009, 12:25 PM

ive been waiting, what took you so long, lol
#3 locked in

I try not to post much with you...lol you dont like what I have to say. I want a run on the street. I dont have a track car I run 245 45 17 nittos and wont pass tech. So what has you dads car run then? I hear he turned down a lot of races on the street with people like allgo and others? Has he ever raced anyone or taken it to the track? Do not punch the computer I'm just wondering not trying to start shit!!!!!!

FiFdYnUtZ
10-15-2009, 01:10 PM

False knock!
Plugs look fine, no noise ..what more do I need to explain?? Have you went for a drive in my car lately? I don't think so
I've come to the conclusion a wile ago, no matter what I do,say,whatever you guys are going to find ways to harass me. I've tried to be nice, it does not seem to be working, so fuck it!
Load your fucken car up, yourself, and your mouth and come find me..-im not hard to find just look for the 14sec car with the parachute!
Am I over reacting? Maybe, but everyone seems to think its pretty funny trying to piss me off.

so your telling me that you can identify if your car has false knock by the plugs and no noise? dude, this isnt old school carb motors, you need to scan for knock and find out if its false by either adding fuel in the cell where your getting knock by percentages and moving up or pulling timing in those cells and see if it goes away....your getting harassed because 60% of the shit you say is incorrect and you are too bullheaded to believe it...i'll gladly load my car up and put an ass whoopin on you but as you stated earlier its gotta be for money ;) but now your saying it cant be for money? hmmm

69gt4speed
10-15-2009, 01:26 PM
I wouldn't get too upset Scott. I have no problems w you or anyone. They just pull ur chain man, but gotta admit the sundial deal did make me chuckle. When I see George or Ed, Scotty or Allgo go fast I think what a turd I have. But its a fun car imo. Do what you want Scott... I would suggest to show up for sure the 24th if weather is good. Otherwise they will dog you.

And John if you have that thing tuned lets do a lil test before winter. I hate winter. I'll loan you my other set of m/t's on cobra wheels if need be.

stangvortech
10-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Hey Rob. I'm down they pulled my car off the dyno due to a miss today. They cant figure it out what it is. He his going to look at it again this week and see if we can get it figured out. I was hoping to have the car done like 4 months ago. lol so when it is done you will be the first I call to get a few funs runs in.

LT1Dan
10-15-2009, 01:45 PM
And John if you have that thing tuned lets do a lil test before winter. I hate winter. I'll loan you my other set of m/t's on cobra wheels if need be.

THIS. John put the M/T's on your car when you get it back. I wanna see it hook. I'm sure the wait will be worth it when you get it back.

APPLES355
10-15-2009, 01:59 PM
I am glad to see that you have your car running better scott and i hope to see it run if it doesnt sell. I agree with rob and you know we shouldnt let them get to us because they are doing it on purpose just for the fun of it. In my opinion i think fifdy is the one that is bull headed because he cant let it go and you have tried numerous times. maybe one day his balls will descend and he will get rid of his childish ways :butthead: nothing personally against you fifdy, but common on!

Rob, sorry for the monte running like shit on sunday. that is honestly the coldest temps it has ran in since the 406 and hated it all the way. maybe if the temps will be 15 to 20 degrees higher on the 24th i could join. we will just have to see!

FiFdYnUtZ
10-15-2009, 02:53 PM
you make a comment about my balls dropping and call me a child and im not supposed to take it personally after the shit you said before? go fuck yourself dude...i can let it go just as much as the other guy but for christs sake the guy is treating his motor like its made out of lego's, new age fuel injected v8's require a lot of extensive tune work to run at their potential, i suppose if it upsets you as much as scott i will let it go and laugh to myself when it blows up on a 12sec pass....

APPLES355
10-15-2009, 03:08 PM
Oh shit i just got done fucking myself :Hangman:
and i noticed one part of your phrase:

his motor

Maybe you care to the point that you dont want him to destroy the motor, but the way you come across is a complete dick just like others poking fun. everybody does things that are with in a budget so maybe you have a better way for him to tune his motor that is in his budget without sounding like a dick.

Oh by the way i wrote something that someone with a sense of humor might chuckle at, but you took it personally just like scott is taking shit personally from you. sucks doesnt it :yawinkle:

APPLES355
10-15-2009, 03:19 PM
Hell if your so set on him using a wideband and you have access to one that he could use why not offer if you want to help him out. maybe he doesnt have access to an LM1 or something of that nature and yes i know that the "new age of fuel injection" need programming to run at their potential. a friend of mine took two pulls on the dyno to have his A/F perfect. 1st pull a base line and the second they jumped the timing up and increased fuel. It gained him something like 30 ft lbs and 3 hp. he put the initial tune on the car using the readings of the map sensor just so he could drive it to the dyno. not to bad of results using the map! that car as with mine run 91 with a static compression of around 11.3 to 1

FiFdYnUtZ
10-15-2009, 03:21 PM
oooh we got a witty one here. His defense on the subject is what turned it into what it is it didnt start with me being a dick...

APPLES355
10-15-2009, 03:46 PM
Im sorry if i dont have my facts straight! can we shake hands and start over? Just let me wash my hands first. Its a lot of work doing things to yourself i mean without a helper :biggrin:

FiFdYnUtZ
10-15-2009, 03:57 PM
funny..

JacobS
10-15-2009, 04:21 PM
the way this thread is going you would almost think its december hahaha

continue...

30lbsboost
10-15-2009, 05:34 PM

False knock!

so your telling me that you can identify if your car has false knock by the plugs and no noise? dude, this isnt old school carb motors, you need to scan for knock and find out if its false by either adding fuel in the cell where your getting knock by percentages and moving up or pulling timing in those cells and see if it goes away....your getting harassed because 60% of the shit you say is incorrect and you are too bullheaded to believe it...i'll gladly load my car up and put an ass whoopin on you but as you stated earlier its gotta be for money ;) but now your saying it cant be for money? hmmm

your funny, give me a break man.
you dont think ive already done all this?? ...funking, lol since your so much smarter than i am, let me introduce myself............
I am a ASE cert , Gm workhorse cert, Gm factory trained and cert, FORD specialist level, and with a few timed hands on classes i will be GM worldclass aka a master in everything GM. OH and not to mention im a Gm mark of excellance winner and have ranked in the top percent in the country several times. Now currently training to be VW cert
I specialize in electrical/electronic systems, engines and drivability. I have been a GM tech for 10yrs,a and have been working on cars for over 20yrs.
So im sure i can accomplish any task, on a GM car with out your help.

young man, you and others are assumeing things without the facts
so give it up, ok?

30lbsboost
10-15-2009, 05:55 PM
I am glad to see that you have your car running better scott and i hope to see it run if it doesnt sell. I agree with rob and you know we shouldnt let them get to us because they are doing it on purpose just for the fun of it. In my opinion i think fifdy is the one that is bull headed because he cant let it go and you have tried numerous times. maybe one day his balls will descend and he will get rid of his childish ways :butthead: nothing personally against you fifdy, but common on!

Rob, sorry for the monte running like shit on sunday. that is honestly the coldest temps it has ran in since the 406 and hated it all the way. maybe if the temps will be 15 to 20 degrees higher on the 24th i could join. we will just have to see!

yea it runs night and day better now, we will see how well it does and what needs to be tweeked for spring time

FiFdYnUtZ
10-15-2009, 06:11 PM

False knock!

you dont think ive already done all this?? ...funking, lol since your so much smarter than i am, let me introduce myself............
I am a ASE cert , Gm workhorse cert, Gm factory trained and cert, FORD specialist level, and with a few timed hands on classes i will be GM worldclass aka a master in everything GM. OH and not to mention im a Gm mark of excellance winner and have ranked in the top percent in the country several times. Now currently training to be VW cert
I specialize in electrical/electronic systems, engines and drivability. I have been a GM tech for 10yrs,a and have been working on cars for over 20yrs.

so give it up, ok?

yeah the shitty part of the deal is they teach you NOTHING in ANY of those classes about using an advanced performance tuning program on a high performance nitrous car....im done with you and this because it will never get through to you..carry on

Clinical
10-15-2009, 06:33 PM
<Insert ragefilled personal attack on random person in the thread>

So yeah - fuck you!

30lbsboost
10-15-2009, 06:41 PM

False knock!

so give it up, ok?

yeah the shitty part of the deal is they teach you NOTHING in ANY of those classes about using an advanced performance tuning program on a high performance nitrous car....im done with you and this because it will never get through to you..carry on

REALLY?
so youve been to DEMAC for the GM advanced engine performance class?? humm, im confused .......thats the highest level class there is on GM engine performance.
the concepts of the data on the scan tool and how to use the data is the same

ok einstein, when we meet again maybe we can compair brain pans...ok i will crush you :butthead:

FiFdYnUtZ
10-15-2009, 06:52 PM
dick feelin bigger now that you showed us your resume' or what?

FiFdYnUtZ
10-15-2009, 06:55 PM
everyone including myself at armdrop got a dose of your brain pan and im pretty sure you didnt impress anyone but yourself...

FiFdYnUtZ
10-15-2009, 07:02 PM
oh and i just got off the phone with george, he said, "I'm 5mph from actually needing some laundry out back and if he sold me his he could buy a wideband, but then again i guess his narrowband setup is runnin goooood HAHA"

stangvortech
10-15-2009, 07:18 PM

False knock!

so give it up, ok?

hahah no one is going to give up. You dug a deep ass hole and we came along and are seeing how deep you got and I think most of us are going to stick around to see if you can hit the core of the earth by spring........ All those class mean nothing just look good on paper....... I will have 5+ years of class for what? One piece of paper that just says I pass my classes. I’m not trying to discredit you, I’m saying it only means certain things to certain people and they don’t mean much performance wise here to most people. Congratulations on pass all that stuff!!!!!

OldSkoolRCR
10-15-2009, 07:18 PM
And to think that I thought my dinners were going to be boring again, about 5 pages back, THANK YOU ALL........ THANK YOU!

10/24 everyone bring you rocket ships to CFR and settle this shit. those of you that dont show a simply FEATHER BACKS!!!!!!.

allgo
10-15-2009, 07:26 PM
And to think that I thought my dinners were going to be boring again, about 5 pages back, THANK YOU ALL........ THANK YOU!

10/24 everyone bring you rocket ships to CFR and settle this shit. those of you that dont show a simply FEATHER BACKS!!!!!!.

EDDDY BBBBBB!!!!

OldSkoolRCR
10-15-2009, 07:28 PM

EDDDY BBBBBB!!!!

:supz:

30lbsboost
10-15-2009, 07:33 PM
everyone including myself at armdrop got a dose of your brain pan and im pretty sure you didnt impress anyone but yourself...

YOU REALLY NEED TO LET THIS GO, im not asking, im telling you.
if you want to race me at the track , then fine but leave your smart ass comments, and your big mouth at home. and we can have a good time

you dont need to concern your self with my car. its not yours so why should you care!

30lbsboost
10-15-2009, 07:37 PM
and what..you thought we were going to disapoint you at dinner time??
ed you know better than that , lol

im bringing my 14sec spaceship the 24th as long as its not raining or snowing

StreetSweeper
10-15-2009, 07:42 PM
Uncle taylor!

Have u ever thought about racing ur wifes car? Assuming u haven't molested that yet, it should be good for consistant low 13's, that would be a good start to ur pick'n um 1 by 1 list!

OldSkoolRCR
10-15-2009, 07:47 PM

ACCUWEATHER.Com...says 56*and sunny, on the 24th :bigthumb:

30lbsboost
10-15-2009, 07:51 PM

ACCUWEATHER.Com...says 56*and sunny, on the 24th :bigthumb:

that would be perfect! :supz:
this car has fought me all summer and it would be nice to get a few clean passes out of it before winter

Clinical
10-15-2009, 08:01 PM
wish I could come but I can't fathom driving without heat 4 hours home.

That and I simply refuse to drive the laser more than 30 minutes from Burlington lol.

69gt4speed
10-16-2009, 12:18 AM

56 deg sounds good... lot better than 30's. I'm glad some entertainment was provided. Yea I know a mid 11 car isn't crap. But I have cd player w amps, cruise control, a/c and heat w a crappy irs and a stick and poor driver. It was only made to beat a late model stock camaro on the street. I've taken your advice and won so how can I argue... Maybe I can cut a .001 and win idk.

69gt4speed
10-16-2009, 12:37 AM

You know how many times my 69 or 03 didn't do what I wanted? I give you the big balls prize for trying.... You have a 10 sec car as I said easy w spray and the miss taken care of. Cfr isn't so strick imo. You could run 10's and not get booted. I want someone w a stick to try to shut up 90% of these autos. That auto setup imo is easy on a lot of levels, I ran my lil bros bbc nova or mom's 351 67 stang within .1 sec each run. First time in it. So a stick car imo is all the more impressive imo. Everybody runs a auto cause it's faster in 1/4 mi these days.

30lbsboost
10-16-2009, 05:00 AM
uote="69gt4speed"]Rob
I want someone w a stick to try to shut up 90% of these autos. That auto setup imo is easy on a lot of levels, So a stick car imo is all the more impressive imo. Everybody runs a auto cause it's faster in 1/4 mi these days.[/quote]

I agree 100 percent with you a stick car takes way more talent to drive and get down track. There are a lot of good drivers with autos around here, maybe some could drive a stick better just saying.

Scott
10-16-2009, 07:15 AM
The problem with a stick behind a high powered car is mainly the cost, for one to live in my black car it would cost upwards of 4k for a good used one, and thats without the clutch! and then its not streetable at all, as wierd as it sounds the only high powered stick trans that are somewhat streetable is the lencos. Then you have hack apart the tunnel and bunch of other bs.. Im sure no one cares but I had rant anyway

69gt4speed
10-16-2009, 09:25 AM
Scotty yea I realize a stick is more expensive, again on many levels. But now they have more street friendly transmissions

Several guys do real street w manuals yea some are g force face/dogbox deals. You know the 30 mi. drive and 3 back to back passes. Even that magnum t56 can hold 700# of tq. I'm just ranting on about how cool imo a stick can be though not the fastest.

Back in the old days a stick was at least as fast as a auto for say a s/s car. I bet w a viper spec t56 or a modded 4 speed you could run low 9's. Parts.. well who knows, yours is pretty light. A dual clutch could hold. Just saying... Yea it's $ for sure. King of the sticks here easy.... You're still young man.. could swap auto and manual. I could help out. I'd buy refreshments.

Scott
10-16-2009, 10:08 AM
I've been thinking about it.. but I refuse to run a clutch assisted or synchro trans in it, I dont want the inconsistency, being consistent wins races no doubting that. and a t-5 or t-56 style trans wont hold up to the torque, the G-force G5-r trans or liberty equalizer type transmissions are not street freindly at all, they pop out of gear if you take the load off them and let go of the shifter.. So that leaves a lenco, which is "street friendly" but they're heavy tanks, need to cut the tunnel out of my car, and wayy expensive. So its a tough decision to make right now. Im going to keep my eyes open and see how many options open up

30lbsboost
10-16-2009, 10:42 AM
I'm with you scott a stick is no where near as consistant, and being consistant is the name of the game
Very few syncro trans cars run worth a dam, but there still fun on the street

StreetSweeper
10-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Idc the thing is everyone around here got smart and went auto. Everyone here especially rob knows I can bang gears!! Just ask around.

FiFdYnUtZ
10-16-2009, 12:31 PM
ive seen plenty consistent stick cars, but nothing like autos...and imo driving a big stalled auto is damn near as much fun as any stick car ive driven...

Domestic Disturbance
10-16-2009, 01:24 PM
I love driving my stick car, but its really what you want out of your car. Sub 10 seconds cars especially makes sense. For most of us running sticks though like me and rob, we are simple street car setups, not dedicated drag machines. Just adds to the fun of driving them. Also think its easier to get sticks to hook on the street with the extra feel and control you have. If I were building a diet car strictly dedicated to speed, then I'd probably go auto.

DustinsDuster
10-16-2009, 07:01 PM
hey Rob- i'm sticking with the stick in my truck- although i doubt i'll be much of a race for you guys. i'll start with McKeever's truck, and go from there. seems like decent competition...

McKeever
10-16-2009, 11:15 PM
hey Rob- i'm sticking with the stick in my truck- although i doubt i'll be much of a race for you guys. i'll start with McKeever's truck, and go from there. seems like decent competition...

:) Dustin, you have no idea how bad I want to run against your truck when you get it done, should be a fun race.

69gt4speed
10-16-2009, 11:38 PM
Idc the thing is everyone around here got smart and went auto. Everyone here especially rob knows I can bang gears!! Just ask around.
Yes, I know otherwise you wouldn't had driven the 03. So we down maybe for 24th if weather is 50's and clear? Dustin get that truck going...

sparkles
10-16-2009, 11:50 PM
I've been thinking about it.. but I refuse to run a clutch assisted or synchro trans in it, I dont want the inconsistency, being consistent wins races no doubting that. and a t-5 or t-56 style trans wont hold up to the torque, the G-force G5-r trans or liberty equalizer type transmissions are not street freindly at all, they pop out of gear if you take the load off them and let go of the shifter.. So that leaves a lenco, which is "street friendly" but they're heavy tanks, need to cut the tunnel out of my car, and wayy expensive. So its a tough decision to make right now. Im going to keep my eyes open and see how many options open up

I don't know much about them. A little out of my realm, but what about Jerico? They seem to have a few options in a pretty tight, compact package.

SLVR7
10-17-2009, 12:46 AM
Jericos work well and are street friendly. Besides price $5500 for the trans and $700 for the shifter, the only complaint is they whine extremely loud due to being straight cut gears.

Scott
10-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Those are nice trans and fairly lightweight as well.. The only problem is people are breaking those trans in lightweight low nine second cars, at least the clutchless version.. The clutch assisted version Im not too sure about but I would assume with the little extra cushion of the clutch assit version would do wonders for breakage problems

SLVR7
10-17-2009, 11:19 AM
Hard to believe they are breaking a clutchless 5sp at only low 9s. Pro stock has been using them since the late 90s with few reported failures. Difference between slick car and dr car possible?

Scott
10-17-2009, 12:17 PM
its all in the clutch, they actually rely on a little slip during gear changes to save the gears, if its set too stiff with a power adder car they get fragile apparently

69gt4speed
10-17-2009, 09:35 PM
I'd check w a few of those 30 mi guys. I believe only the first few gears are faceplated and rest are syncro's. They are made for those guys and apparently can hold the power in a heavy street car w/o too much noise and the popping out deal. You would think after all these yrs something would be better. I know a t56 is about like a old toploader w 2 od's. Def not the best but you could prob run 9's w a viper spec knowing you. Whatever you think..You have a good combo now.