PDA

View Full Version : Supra vs Cobra race

TbTalon94
08-30-2009, 09:48 AM
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g49/Tbtalon94/th_SupraVSCobra.jpg (http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g49/Tbtalon94/?action=view&current=SupraVSCobra.flv)

DustinsDuster
08-30-2009, 10:25 AM
highway cruiser for sure- but doesnt anyone race from a dig anymore?

Domestic Disturbance
08-30-2009, 01:17 PM
cobra was wanting to wait to switch tires, he's got some new ones he said just not on yet.

Jappbox
08-30-2009, 01:59 PM
not to bad for my first run with the new car, hit some rev limits, had a little breaking up, but it still ran decent. its only 21psi and pump gas. had a little traction problems. all in good fun though.

K-ville
08-30-2009, 03:32 PM
dig with allgo in his full street cobra that would be fun wo watch

Mufflover
08-30-2009, 04:42 PM
dig with allgo in his full street cobra that would be fun wo watch

I think his cobra would put bus lengths on that supra.

69gt4speed
08-30-2009, 09:09 PM
Yes I have et streets to be put on and you ppl know that street normally sucks for traction w a rwd w any power. I did not think it would hold 2nd gear but it did. We wanted to do a lil showing off, nothing serious. Needless to say at that light we were going way fast. I talked Jesse into it plain and simple... I figured a azz whipping on me but it turned out ok. 40 mph start to top of 4th gear. It was a dyno test, not a driver test. I haven't driven the 03 in 2 months w any spray on. His car is new to him. He did well imo. I did fine also. They are good 93 oct. cars imo. They are not race cars. Thanks Trevor...

Clinical
08-30-2009, 09:23 PM
Was a great race either way :)

sLoWnStEaDy
08-30-2009, 10:41 PM
does anyone race during the day?
I assume there are multiple reasons to race at night I just hate watching vidoes of headlights then tail lights...

69gt4speed
08-30-2009, 11:35 PM
Yes, I have a couple of decent day videos about it. Show up, ride in the 03 otherwise.

Clinical
08-31-2009, 12:48 AM
I'd kill for a ride in one of these beasts if I ever actually make it up there lol.

I've ridden in one of the fastest streetable cars down here - and it's actually a daily driven civic d16 with 22lbs of boost.

It's fast, but the fact that it's one of the fastest (streetable) cars around here shows how lame Burlington is :P

Actually the fastest (streetable) car down here is a 93 6spd Firehawk LT1 / LT4 Kit with around 700rwhp that never sees the streets.

So yeah, I really don't consider the Firehawk to be the fastest streetable car down here if it really isn't street driven at all.

Wow I get offtopic easy - you can tell it's late for me.

69gt4speed
08-31-2009, 04:23 AM
Jesse is a good guy. We go quite a ways back. Many races. There are many fine ppl on here actually. So with many fine ppl at the meeting spot we decided we would try to help make the meeting worthwhile. I did not know what would happen nor did I care besides no one got busted or anything bad. Their had other races fairly close, I watched each one.

I'll give about anyone a ride. As long as you don't puke in the car. I've had someone puke before out of the car.

Honestly I do not know the whp on the cobra with spray on a dynojet. Why I asked for the deal w Jesse. George helped it along... We are all friends. Got a race coming up so a chance to practice shifting on spray vs a worthy opponent..

I over revved 2nd gear so to speak btw. It hit the spray cutoff rpm at 6.3k. Why, cause the supra didn't go away. I need to get that down at 6.1k.

I am trying to get 05/06 vette coworkers to do something, we will see. A ls2 and ls3. Those cars are light, nothing to toy with imo. W tc on they do well w joe avg. But they don't know a 6k dump on a turbo awd yet.

Clinical
08-31-2009, 09:28 AM
So when do you all usually meet up?

The fact that I've been on the forum for a year now and have only met like two people off of here is pretty bad - my fault of course for never making the trip up.

Either way I need to come up and meet people sometime.

+ At least give the firebird one last little trip aside from Cordova before I put it away for winter + I may sell it soon as spring rolls around.

Just wondering if theres a certain day/place you all like to meet. I might go ahead and try to come up sometime especially now that my work schedule is so light - but I am back in school, either way I have too much free time now.

Mufflover
08-31-2009, 10:12 AM
Come up this friday night and meet down by ellis park, i will tell the city that you are coming up to help spray for mosquitos with your smoker.

FiFdYnUtZ
08-31-2009, 10:28 AM
very close race! was much better in person though! lol muff wouldnt know anything about that though, hes all about the computer

Clinical
08-31-2009, 01:32 PM
Come up this friday night and meet down by ellis park, i will tell the city that you are coming up to help spray for mosquitos with your smoker.

Does this at least mean you'd actually be there? Or is it just going to be a bunch of guys showing off their huffy bikes?

I'd love to meet that shit-talkin mouth of yours face to face.

stangvortech
08-31-2009, 01:49 PM
damn good race guys.... I will have my car tuned in 2 weeks so we should get some fun races lined up as long as every thing goes ok.........

Clinical
08-31-2009, 03:13 PM
damn good race guys.... I will have my car tuned in 2 weeks so we should get some fun races lined up as long as every thing goes ok.........

/sigh v6 mustangs :roll:

Just messin with ya :P
I would of loved to do F/I on my v6 stang - but it simply wasn't possible in my current situation, and taking the route I did got me out of a $5000 loan + about $300 extra :P

stangvortech
08-31-2009, 03:26 PM
hahaha it is not a v6 any more............ but you still should have kept v6................

Clinical
08-31-2009, 03:58 PM
eh, what can I say

I am thinking about going back v6 though this next spring depending how my firebird turns out, except it'd be a FWD - I really am getting more into the idea of building a GTP enough to run high 13's for a fun kinda-sleeper car

Domestic Disturbance
08-31-2009, 10:55 PM
You should stick to the fbodies and v8s :bigthumb:

FiFdYnUtZ
08-31-2009, 11:45 PM
haha remember that time our gtps smoked your ass?

Clinical
08-31-2009, 11:49 PM
I don't know - I love my bird but atm too many issues are popping up and I'm already having some issues with my laser again. I'm starting to think I should just get a good reliable car again.

If I do sell it I bet I can get a lot more than I payed for it. The guy who sold it really wasn't out to get a ton of money for it - I honestly would of payed the $3,200 asking price if it had been firm.

I had it at cruise night and I had a guy offer me $3,000 for it and he hadn't even test driven it or anything or heard it run.

If I do sell it though - I'll either look for a GTP or an LT1

Must say though - If I could sell my bird + my laser - I may be all over this
http://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/cto/1308853519.html :P

Domestic Disturbance
09-01-2009, 01:01 AM
haha remember that time our gtps smoked your ass?
Haha only one beat me. Those were the days :neener:

69gt4speed
09-01-2009, 08:36 PM

I heard it was/could be a snake eater.....

StreetSweeper
09-01-2009, 09:05 PM
I don't know - I love my bird but atm too many issues are popping up and I'm already having some issues with my laser again. I'm starting to think I should just get a good reliable car again.

If I do sell it I bet I can get a lot more than I payed for it. The guy who sold it really wasn't out to get a ton of money for it - I honestly would of payed the $3,200 asking price if it had been firm.

I had it at cruise night and I had a guy offer me $3,000 for it and he hadn't even test driven it or anything or heard it run.

If I do sell it though - I'll either look for a GTP or an LT1

Must say though - If I could sell my bird + my laser - I may be all over this
http://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/cto/1308853519.html :P

I dont know why you would want that.. LT1s are old news and you can get a ls1 for not much more.. My buddy picked up a mint 2001 z28 for $4500 granit he got lucky you can find steals out there!

Clinical
09-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Well, if I could find a 6 speed LS1 for that price which I'm not sure I'll be able to spend more than 4k, then of course I'd do it.

If I get an LT1/LS1 though atm - it'd almost have to be a 6speed.

FiFdYnUtZ
09-01-2009, 10:00 PM
why 6-speed? any stalled auto with the same mods will blow a sticks doors off....

Domestic Disturbance
09-02-2009, 12:35 AM
cause 6 speeds know how to have all the fun on the street :biggrin: granted auto for a dedicated drag machine is the wise choice

Clinical
09-02-2009, 12:56 AM
domestic's got it :)

Driving a manual to me adds about 25% to the fun of driving.

It's the only thing I miss from my Mustang, although I have my laser to drive now so its not a big deal.

If I had a car I was going specifically for speed for I'd want an auto.
However I got my firebird to be a fun daily drivable cruiser that would simply be fun to drive.
I had my eyes set on a 305 TPI 5speed 86 Iroc-Z until I found my WS6 350 Bird - I just couldn't pass it up, being that it was all of the above + I could truly take it to the track without feeling out of place :P

Only auto I'll aptly get atm is a GTP though, and atm there is one I'd like to have if I have anyone bite on my firebird - although I'm not intending to get rid of it right now TOO much considering how I JUST got it and I'm still enjoying it a ton.

However I may be able to get around 1k more than I payed for it, and I haven't fixed anything and have added about 5k to it so who knows.

To me its all about fun :P

FiFdYnUtZ
09-02-2009, 10:27 AM
have you ever driven a car with a HIGH stall and a good trans?

Clinical
09-02-2009, 01:17 PM
I've driven a mid 12 3500 stalled z28 - It was fast as fuck and fun to drive, but I'd still rather drive a 6speed.

It's all personal choice, I simply find driving a 6speed gives me more enjoyment than an auto.
Now if I was going for pure speed, I'd definitely go the auto path with a good stall - however I'm just out to enjoy myself.

FiFdYnUtZ
09-02-2009, 02:18 PM
ahh icic, your call...im just simply stating that the stalled auto is still a fun/faster choice..

Deimos
09-04-2009, 07:38 AM
Stick to the thirdgen and put a six speed in it. Maybe I'm just partial.

Clinical
09-04-2009, 08:38 AM
I would love too however a 6speed swap can be quite a work out and my mechanical ability is not exactly high.

+ I have too many other issues with my firebird right now - it just in the long run would be a much smarter idea if I sold it considering I can get more than 1,000 than what I payed for it and I've only put $300 of work into it. Not to mention how little time I have to work on it atm with school/work.

Definitely though when I finish school I'd love to get another 3rd gen for a project and aim for a LT1 or LS1 swap(depending on my money situation) and a 6speed.

Deimos
09-05-2009, 06:59 AM
what problems u having?