PDA

View Full Version : drag racing and speeding ticket

mystictealz28
08-30-2009, 07:58 AM
So I raced a turbo stang. We got caught. We got tickets for drag racing and speeding 100 in a 65. What am I facing when I get to court

sLoWnStEaDy
08-30-2009, 09:02 AM
:roll:

allgo
08-30-2009, 09:16 AM
whos turbo stang?

Clinical
08-30-2009, 10:08 AM
You're definitely looking to lose your license.

You could do like me and get out of it by writing a letter to the DOT about why you need to keep your license and how you learned your lesson blah blah blah.

I'm on probation for 1 year now - one ticket and license is gone so I'm being pretty good.

However the fact you also got a Drag Racing ticket on top of the speeding ticket might not make them be so generous - because the DOT doesnt know I was racing - nor did the cop that wrote the ticket.

sLoWnStEaDy
08-30-2009, 11:03 AM
the officer actualy wrote the ticket as 100 in a 65?

I got busted doing over 130 on I-80 in the cadillac and the officer knocked it down to something like 78 in a 70 or something like that... where you ACTUALY drag racing ot just "racing" from a light or something like that? Also did he ticket the other driver/racer?

I would say just deny the racing if possible and plea guilty to the speeding ticket. IDK, good reason not to street race i guess, among many others... (hey kettle.... your black)

69gt4speed
08-30-2009, 01:06 PM
Allgo only street turbo stang around I know of is that late model w a hellion setup running pump gas w a stock 3v and canned tune.

Lawyer told me getting off a drag racing ticket could be easier than a 20+ speeding ticket. Surprised they didn't impound the car. Course this is iowa.

SLVR7
08-30-2009, 03:29 PM
Talk to county attorney BEFORE your court date. They are only interested in getting their money. When you talk to the county attorney tell them your willing to pay, but don't want drag racing on your record. You'll will probably be suprised at how willing they will work with you. It will cost you a little $, but well worth it in the long run.

Deimos
09-03-2009, 08:48 AM
Oh would that be Gryphons turbo stang? Don't worry all go not in ur league yet.

69gt4speed
09-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Yes co. atty in my case was willing to work up a deal. Problem was #200 iap guy. Last min. thanks maybe to George and friends he talked to me and agreed to a deal. Iowa dot would have suspended my license otherwise. Yes money up front is better than paying sr22, work permits, etc.

A guy I know got busted for driving w/o glasses, he pled guilty, a 30$ fine, and the dot suspended his license. He had to pay sr22 for 2 yrs and a hefty amount of money to get his license back.

DragonUSMC
09-03-2009, 07:05 PM
yeah this is going to come down hard on you, especially if you try fighting both. Might actually want to get a lawyer for this one to help get out of the racing ticket for sure. I dont know what your driving track record looks like but the speeding one will hurt. The racing one will kill you.

NewSpeedSteed
09-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Like everyone before me already said, it'd be wise to seek a lawyers advice (if you don't have one represent you) and your best bet is to get the drag racing ticket thrown out. Your probably going to have to take the speeding ticket, in my opinion though like Jay said the racing ticket is the one that would do long term damage to your record. You still might loose your dl (depends on how it goes) but talk to some lawyers and they can give you an idea of the worst case scenario.