PDA

View Full Version : So I'm back... kinda

biohazard
08-14-2009, 06:32 PM
So I've been back in Iowa for about a week now. Everything seems different from when I left to when I got back.

Basic was the longest and most boring 2 months of my life. The only things I really looked forward to was qualifying on the M16 and firing the M9 and BEAST (Basic Expeditionary Airman Skills Training). I qualified on the M16 and they weren't giving people qualification on the M9 unless they scored marksman on it. I was so looking forward to graduating and going to tech school.

Tech school was a lot better than basic. It was strange to have some of my freedoms back when I got there. My class was pretty easy. We had a pretty good combination of people in my class, we actually had fun in it.

So it looks like I won't be around again for the next 2 months, I volunteered for a month of OJT, 1 week of annual tour of duty in September, and possibly doing my 3 weeks of annual tour of duty in October. Luckily I get to stay in billeting and not the dorms for all of it. So I get to go back on active duty orders on Monday to do my job. Woohoo.

NewSpeedSteed
08-14-2009, 10:09 PM
Good to have you back... even though I'm gone. Wow thats kind of surreal.

biohazard
08-14-2009, 11:45 PM
I know, it's weird. I figured you would be the first to comment Nate.