PDA

View Full Version : Cracked oil pan

69gt4speed
08-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Thursday wife took the nissan villager over to get oil changed. Thought nothing more about it. Well I get to k.c. over at lil bro place we visit, go to a concert etc. I go to leave to motel and see a spot of something so I look and it's oil. Well whatever i'll look at motel in morning. So I do, it's still leaking, so call edgewood jiffy complain and take it to a jiffy down the street from motel for inspection... Oil pans cracked by plug. More calls. Ok deal is they are covering a new pan, a gasket and repairs. I give them old pan back for whatever. So gotta say they stood behind their warranty so far. Stay tuned. I calculated leakage by putting a bowl under it measure oil amount vs time. 1 oz per 8 hrs.

08-09-2009, 07:53 PM
wow...

Thats why I change my own oil. Hell I worked at a jiffy lube when I first moved to Iowa City and I caught a guy putting permatex on the drain plug. Cant take your vehicle anywere.

sLoWnStEaDy
08-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Jiffy Lube = FAIL at everything they do....

BTW: that was one of the hardest paragraphs I have ever read. No offense but you sounded like one of those foreign people that cam to the U.S. years ago and speak english but its almost like they took a sentence, through all the words in a hat then randomly picked the words out to form a new sentence.

69gt4speed
08-09-2009, 09:39 PM
^ yea whatever we all have our disabilities. Ok it leaked oil, jiffy lube cracked the pan. They said they would pay to fix it. Normally I change the oil but I was in a hurry working as I do. When they get a 500+ dollar repair bill I'll say if they pay for it. Hey Keith you get it ? Yea I'm left right dominant so there you go. Confused more or less. Write left do everything else right handed, sometimes both. Grandma tied my left hand up, it didn't work completely, ok?

69gt4speed
08-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Keith, completely off subject but the bark dog made me 1k so far. But it was a real pita, trust me. One more time next yr and I'm done w that bs. Go to utube this name u will see. :bigthumb:

TbTalon94
08-10-2009, 08:13 AM
^ yea whatever we all have our disabilities. Ok it leaked oil, jiffy lube cracked the pan. They said they would pay to fix it. Normally I change the oil but I was in a hurry working as I do. When they get a 500+ dollar repair bill I'll say if they pay for it. Hey Keith you get it ? Yea I'm left right dominant so there you go. Confused more or less. Write left do everything else right handed, sometimes both. Grandma tied my left hand up, it didn't work completely, ok?

lol it's so hard to read because you randomly abbreviate things and slop things together.

That was probably the most complete, readable post you've made yet!!

Drifte
08-10-2009, 08:16 AM

BTW: that was one of the hardest paragraphs I have ever read. No offense but you sounded like one of those foreign people that cam to the U.S. years ago and speak english but its almost like they took a sentence, through all the words in a hat then randomly picked the words out to form a new sentence.

lol...should I make corrections on your paragraph here?

sLoWnStEaDy
08-10-2009, 10:53 AM

lol...should I make corrections on your paragraph here?

Go for it :biggrin:
you can read and understand mine though. :bigthumb:

69gt4speed
08-10-2009, 10:56 AM
Some of it no doubt is due to filling out so many work orders for work for yrs. After a while you say fk it because no one reads it anyway. I don't mean to do that seriously and I was not trying to give Keith too much crap. Just the whole thing on the pan ticked me off until I found out exactly how much oil was leaking out. I sure didn't want to burn a few vacation days in k.c. over that.

JustinS
08-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Everyone that I have known that worked at the Jiffy Lube on Edgewood were high as a kite the entire time they worked there, so your story doesn't surprise me lol.

ZEE
08-11-2009, 06:17 PM
Wifes van. Jiffy lube lost plug. Replaced with one laying around. Didn't tell us. Leaked. Took back. They said 'oh ya, we lost it.' The one they stuck in there was wrong thread size etc. Lucky they didn't f up the threads. They replaced plug with proper one.

69gt4speed
09-22-2009, 01:02 AM
Update... Jones broke the dipstick fixing the oil pan... Then come to find out they (mercury/nissan) no longer makes the m/f dipstick.
Yes not made anymore to 2000 w a 3.0 v6 quest/villager. Junkyards won't sell normally a used one w/o the whole damn mtr. Wife found one on ebay, we will see if it works. 9$. We have been going crazy to get this done. Fk.. Sometimes sh-t goes wrong over bs. It's been over a month w/o checking oil in the mtr. Jiffy lube fk them on edgewood. That's imo. I really hate to say that.

TbTalon94
09-22-2009, 08:17 AM
how do you break a damn dipstick

Drifte
09-22-2009, 10:34 AM
I know Vdubs broke often, cheap plastic heat cycled. Sucks to have happen, but I'd blame the manufacturer not the mechanic.

...yea it happened to me once. Why do they have to use plastic!?

69gt4speed
09-22-2009, 11:30 AM
how do you break a damn dipstick

Claims it just broke, I don't know if cable came loose, they stepped on it and it came off/ broke apart. There is a a/c cap over the dipstick tube now to keep oil from coming out.