PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Welder

Clinical
07-31-2009, 11:45 AM
I'm trying to find a welder I can hopefully just borrow although I really should invest in one - at the moment I just don't have much cash.

I need to get my driver side floorpan replaced really really really bad but I don't have a welder to do it with. If anyone has one they think they could lend out for a bit let me know, I'll be happy to put some money down for it.

That or if anyone here is good with this kind of stuff I could provide the sheetmetal if someone would want to put it in for me as I'm not the greatest welder in the world - I'd pay someone if they did it, would just need a price.

I was hoping to wait until winter but considering you can see the floor falling out from the side of my car when the ducktape isn't on - I need to get at this.

DustinsDuster
08-01-2009, 12:58 PM
two things- make sure the car is up on jackstands and is completely level. second, i would stray away from just welding in a peice of flat sheet steel. spend the money and buy an actual floor pan- it will be stiffer and wont rot out like the flat steel probably will.

skinny1030
08-01-2009, 04:23 PM
I sent you a PM