PDA

View Full Version : Some Evo's for sale in CR

Drifte
07-24-2009, 12:45 PM
Heard from someone these were up on ebay and had to see for myself.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-EVO ... tsupported (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-EVOMR-848-HP-Brand-New-Everything_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a7Q7c39 Q3a1QQ_trksidZp4506Q2ec0Q2em245QQhashZitem3a511344 36QQitemZ250468320310QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucksQQsale notsupported)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mitsubis ... tsupported (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mitsubishi-Lancer-Evolution-AWD_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a7Q7c39Q3a1QQ_ trksidZp4506Q2ec0Q2em245QQhashZitem3a511405a1QQite mZ250468369825QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucksQQsalenotsupp orted)

I had heard 13-1400 wheel horsepower on the MR...

Drifte
07-24-2009, 12:46 PM
looks like MR pics were taken at the fairfax car wash.

Drifte
07-24-2009, 12:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rOAHWLnYUM

dyno of the MR from january of 08. I had heard this guys not from around here but has Iowa plates at the dyno. IDK, something fishy with what I hear and what Im seeing.

Anyone heard of these guys. I notice it says hes selling because local business was flooded. Again odd, since I heard hes not local...

Xboosted23X
07-24-2009, 04:16 PM
i also found these.
funny hes business must of had a preflood cuz it flooded in may.
he wants way to much for the cars. well i can see the 1400 cuz he made 8xx and 21 lbs so at say 42 he should be around 16xx atleast right?

JacobS
07-24-2009, 04:26 PM
i think those were owned by the guy who use to own The Sound Shop....im not for sure though...

McKeever
07-24-2009, 06:09 PM
That car looks familiar, I think I have seen pics of it on this forum in the past. I'll see if I can find the thread.

McKeever
07-24-2009, 06:12 PM
Found the MR thread.

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=9216 (http://www.iowaautoforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=9216)

TbTalon94
07-25-2009, 02:33 PM
Lol 800whp on 21psi is a joke

Ricky
07-26-2009, 06:58 AM
i heard there was another EVO for sale.....

Xboosted23X
07-26-2009, 12:26 PM
quote from the auction
Q: Hahaha!! Great sense of Humor! Besidews, who uses big bills now a days anyways?... Lol. Do you break traction all the time in that thing, or does it hook up nicely? One of my cars is a 2002 Suby WRX, and I always wanted to add an EVO to the collection. Jul-22-09
A: The turbo timer builds up turbo and then it hooks up great..I never raced mine,but my buddy with less HP(and he's a sloppy driver)got in the 9 sec range on quarter mile..Thats the advantage all awd cars have the don't spin for 2 sec like a big nasty chevy or ford...

so thats what a turbo timer is for!
he doesnt know his a/f either thats a question for the tuner

DJ0820
07-26-2009, 01:29 PM
I'd like to think that if I owned a car like that I'd at least know what a turbo timer is. Or an a/f ratio... Goes to show you can't buy a clue

Drifte
07-26-2009, 03:24 PM
I heard they ran 87 octane in the white one, then to make up for it ran 110 leaded. And wonder why the plugs and o2 sensors no longer work.

JacobS
07-26-2009, 08:47 PM
the white one use to pop and bang more then fireworks.

Jappbox
07-27-2009, 05:45 PM
He will never sell the for what he wants... Why cause I know! I just sold one of the best built evos out there and yes I lost money, but I did not to do to bad. He on the other hand will only sell the white one for maybe 14-15K as its a Salvage, and maybe 20k for the MR as he has no proof of it making power besides a dyno pull with no dyno sheet, and saying 800hp at 21lbs is something a V8 can only do!!

McKeever
07-27-2009, 05:53 PM
He will never sell the for what he wants... Why cause I know! I just sold one of the best built evos out there and yes I lost money, but I did not to do to bad. He on the other hand will only sell the white one for maybe 14-15K as its a Salvage, and maybe 20k for the MR as he has no proof of it making power besides a dyno pull with no dyno sheet, and saying 800hp at 21lbs is something a V8 can only do!!

What's your new project going to be?

DustinsDuster
07-27-2009, 07:05 PM
sucks to hear you sold it Jesse, but cant wait to see what you build next!

DEVOURER
07-28-2009, 04:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rOAHWLnYUM

dyno of the MR from january of 08. I had heard this guys not from around here but has Iowa plates at the dyno. IDK, something fishy with what I hear and what Im seeing.

Anyone heard of these guys. I notice it says hes selling because local business was flooded. Again odd, since I heard hes not local...
Just don't drive them..Iam getting used to them..

DEVOURER
07-28-2009, 04:57 PM
i also found these.
funny hes business must of had a preflood cuz it flooded in may.
he wants way to much for the cars. well i can see the 1400 cuz he made 8xx and 21 lbs so at say 42 he should be around 16xx atleast right?
I messed up the month they both got M's in them..I was tipsy when i wrote the e-bay ad's and Iam tipsy now..The devorer is a really good guy and allowed me to use his username to not get beat up on the internet lol.I'll be the first to say I don't know shit about car or mechanics, but I have learned alot putting these cars together peice by peice even did some of my own work..

DEVOURER
07-28-2009, 05:22 PM
quote from the auction
Q: Hahaha!! Great sense of Humor! Besidews, who uses big bills now a days anyways?... Lol. Do you break traction all the time in that thing, or does it hook up nicely? One of my cars is a 2002 Suby WRX, and I always wanted to add an EVO to the collection. Jul-22-09
A: The turbo timer builds up turbo and then it hooks up great..I never raced mine,but my buddy with less HP(and he's a sloppy driver)got in the 9 sec range on quarter mile..Thats the advantage all awd cars have the don't spin for 2 sec like a big nasty chevy or ford...

so thats what a turbo timer is for!
he doesnt know his a/f either thats a question for the tuner
Invite everybody to go to the thread it's actually someones responce to PPL trying to trade me bikes and other things for my car..As far as me mixing up things on my car, like I said I know nothing..Iam a busy guy and have yet to get to my new hobby...

DEVOURER
07-28-2009, 05:26 PM
I'd like to think that if I owned a car like that I'd at least know what a turbo timer is. Or an a/f ratio... Goes to show you can't buy a clue
Your correct but I can buy alot more fun things :yawinkle: ..Like the gallardo Iam about to get..Then I don't have to fiddle with boost gauges an a/f ratio's and craziness like that lol

DEVOURER
07-28-2009, 05:30 PM
I heard they ran 87 octane in the white one, then to make up for it ran 110 leaded. And wonder why the plugs and o2 sensors no longer work.
True story!I got stuck in the middle of nowhere completely outta gas..All they had was 87 so I filed it 3/4..When I got home I went and bought some 110 wouldn't that math take it to about 93 where it's supposed to be??Not being a smart ass just a question?

DEVOURER
07-28-2009, 05:32 PM
Thats DEAD wrong anybody that knows me knows Iam honest my car has never poped or banged..Promise..

DEVOURER
07-28-2009, 05:47 PM
Jesse,Jesse I thought that was you on e-bay..You got mad when I said 20K for the white one..Heres the deal I love my cars and Iam not going to sell them for nothing,the white car is worth 20K to me..Iam not broke, I have other cars to sell..Other well's to be tapped..I never said I was living in a tent..Now I wanted to at least have responce to all the bashing on me and my cars..It aint cool just to diss someone to diss...Another thing I misprinted 848 at 20lb of boost it's 40 pouns of boost, sorry I did both cars at he same time and got confused..Anyone with a little import knowlegde should know Iam not rolling 1600HP at 40psi
right?I don't want to argue back and forth just state my points..

JacobS
07-28-2009, 07:38 PM
Thats DEAD wrong anybody that knows me knows Iam honest my car has never poped or banged..Promise..

my apologies, maybe i have the one mixed up with another one....not sure.

TbTalon94
07-29-2009, 06:29 AM
Jesse,Jesse I thought that was you on e-bay..You got mad when I said 20K for the white one..Heres the deal I love my cars and Iam not going to sell them for nothing,the white car is worth 20K to me..Iam not broke, I have other cars to sell..Other well's to be tapped..I never said I was living in a tent..Now I wanted to at least have responce to all the bashing on me and my cars..It aint cool just to diss someone to diss...Another thing I misprinted 848 at 20lb of boost it's 40 pouns of boost, sorry I did both cars at he same time and got confused..Anyone with a little import knowlegde should know Iam not rolling 1600HP at 40psi

Anyone that knows anything should know that 20 psi is a big difference between 40psi. Unless you have fingers that are 3inches wide, that's not a "typo". The same none-sense was claimed a long time ago in the thread that was started on here when you were first building it. If you don't know about the car, then let people who do write the auction. You might sell the car easier.

Drifte
07-29-2009, 08:25 AM
True story!I got stuck in the middle of nowhere completely outta gas..All they had was 87 so I filed it 3/4..When I got home I went and bought some 110 wouldn't that math take it to about 93 where it's supposed to be??Not being a smart ass just a question?

Actually it is an interest chemical reaction that can net you exactly what you dont want. So mixing octanes to ave. out doesnt work, but I understand a lot of people may assume this. I've found myself in southern Iowa before with 1/4 tank and no high octane...I drove a LONG way to get 90 octane. I got lucky and one pump out of 10 at a station was rated higher...idk if I should trust it but it was worth a shot.

stangvortech
07-29-2009, 12:09 PM
devourer do you have a dark gray lightning with tons of mods also? did you sell the saleen on ebay?

Ricky
07-30-2009, 07:36 AM
devourer do you have a dark gray lightning with tons of mods also? did you sell the saleen on ebay?

.The devorer is a really good guy and allowed me to use his username to not get beat up on the internet lol

he used to have a nice R6 ravan..... I still love it BTW ;)

NelsP
07-30-2009, 07:38 AM

Anyone that knows anything should know that 20 psi is a big difference between 40psi. Unless you have fingers that are 3inches wide, that's not a "typo". The same none-sense was claimed a long time ago in the thread that was started on here when you were first building it. If you don't know about the car, then let people who do write the auction. You might sell the car easier.
I do know the difference, 40 is bigga number than 20.......It was a simle typo you have no reason to gt so pissy..Iam trying to be as cool as I can to you and all the members..Playin politition..This forum could be usefull, the welders of the group gotta another thread were there bashing my manafold right now thats cool..I enjoy constructive critism..Maybe it's time for a new one..As far as Performane Autowerks Iam done with them and need some real solid local help..Iam a very serious man and like to show rspect and give it so please lighten up n bustin my balls....

Ricky
07-30-2009, 07:55 AM
I would have to agree with the new guy this time. he has been nothing but nice about everything. (unlike Derek)

he has told us he doesnt know much about cars. Were we so different at one point in our lives?

The manifold argument i believe to be more back and forth crap between other members rather then bashing you because of it. Now that you know that there are WAY better designs maybe someone that makes them or has used others will jump in and say. "you really should get this, it was help a lot" rather then "that is junk"

NelsP
07-30-2009, 08:08 AM
I would have to agree with the new guy this time. he has been nothing but nice about everything. (unlike Derek)

he has told us he doesnt know much about cars. Were we so different at one point in our lives?

The manifold argument i believe to be more back and forth crap between other members rather then bashing you because of it. Now that you know that there are WAY better designs maybe someone that makes them or has used others will jump in and say. "you really should get this, it was help a lot" rather then "that is junk"
Thank ya Ricky!Alex gets tears everytime he see's that bike just to let you know..lol

Drifte
07-30-2009, 08:09 AM
My names Colton, I drive Mitsu junk too.

..welcome? haha

TbTalon94
07-30-2009, 02:29 PM

I do know the difference, 40 is bigga number than 20.......It was a simle typo you have no reason to gt so pissy..Iam trying to be as cool as I can to you and all the members..Playin politition..This forum could be usefull, the welders of the group gotta another thread were there bashing my manafold right now thats cool..I enjoy constructive critism..Maybe it's time for a new one..As far as Performane Autowerks Iam done with them and need some real solid local help..Iam a very serious man and like to show rspect and give it so please lighten up n bustin my balls....

Yea I didn't mean it as a personal attack. It was more just giving you shit then anything. If you admit that you don't know much about cars then it's all good. The manifold crap was between me and Mufflover because he likes to talk crap abuot everyone. I'm going to PM you about that manifold...

-Trevor

Ricky
07-30-2009, 03:38 PM

Thank ya Ricky!Alex gets tears everytime he see's that bike just to let you know..lol

Does he see it a lot? i drive that thing everywhere! it has 13,800 miles on it now and not a single problem!

Ricky
07-30-2009, 03:44 PM
You can also let him know that i am taking it to Stugis next week. Leave Sunday. lol.

NelsP
07-30-2009, 04:28 PM
You can also let him know that i am taking it to Stugis next week. Leave Sunday. lol.
Iam not telling him anything, he's bound to get all soft and teary with me!You can handle that..He did love that bike though!!

Ricky
07-30-2009, 05:21 PM
i can see why he loved it! i have added a K&N air filter and new sprockets. Went down a tooth in the front and up 2 teeth in the back.... then through on a bright red chain. its great!

Drifte
07-31-2009, 10:55 PM
Am I gonna have to follow every thing you post with a spell check?! get Mozilla bish.

Drifte
07-31-2009, 10:55 PM
nvm, its grammar too...

Ricky
08-01-2009, 12:53 PM
Am I gonna have to follow every thing you post with a spell check?! get Mozilla bish.

i have Mozilla :(

i fail hard

Drifte
08-01-2009, 03:18 PM
lol:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v717/QueenC4707/image%20macros/failtacular.jpg

Jappbox
08-05-2009, 06:38 AM
Just so its clear, that was never me asking questions on these cars on ebay.... I just took a guess at what they should selll for. As I know I just sold mine and lost alot of money but thats the market. Sorry Nels but you wont get 40k out of the MR.... I wish I could have got 40K for mine!

K-ville
08-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Just so its clear, that was never me asking questions on these cars on ebay.... I just took a guess at what they should selll for. As I know I just sold mine and lost alot of money but thats the market. Sorry Nels but you wont get 40k out of the MR.... I wish I could have got 40K for mine!

so what are your plans now?

Jappbox
08-05-2009, 07:34 PM
allready posted in the members rides section

derek072887
08-06-2009, 10:28 PM
i heard from someone you blew up the evo again... is that why you sold it? just heard a rumor and wanted an answer... not tryin to start shit..

TbTalon94
08-07-2009, 06:05 AM
lol evo was running as good as ever when it left. Who started this rumor?

Jappbox
08-07-2009, 06:23 AM
Like ^ he said, it ran great with zero problems for allmost a year when I sold it. I think you must have made that rumor up.. everyone else around here new the car ran fine

tractioncontrol
08-07-2009, 12:18 PM
No the motor was not blown up this year from what I have heard.

Drifte
08-07-2009, 05:54 PM
lol...I heard the supra blew up.

haha oh man comedy. ..obviously this is a joke/

08-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Colton are you selling your DSM for a EVo now?

Damnit I cant find a bearing for my trans and I need it asap. hopefully the machine shop doesn't break the one on it because I'm leaving monday for bama.

Drifte
08-08-2009, 12:04 AM
no, no evo in my plans? A house maybe.