PDA

View Full Version : Ford and Chrysler yea, Goverment motors boo....nascar

69gt4speed
07-22-2009, 01:34 PM
Big news... gone are the Ford fusions and Chrysler chargers. In now is the mustang and challenger for nascar.

Quote: The folks over at FOX Sports recently reported that Ford has plans to introduce the Ford Mustang into the Nationwide Racing Series next year. The news comes now, a bit on the early side, because the new templates and designs are required to be submitted for approval on June 26th and the 2010 NASCAR competition is supposedly going to be very close to stock in the visual cues department…at least much closer than the aero-styled cars we’ve been accustomed to for almost ten years. Dodge
has stated they are going to have the Challenger designed and slated for the series as well. Gm is sticking w the impala, toyota still with the camry.

I myself would prefer to have cars that look more real besides decals. We'll see. I also would like roller cams to be allowed, that's cost saving long run, my fav beef about engine costs. Limit lift and duration not type of cam.

07-22-2009, 01:57 PM
some one tried telling me that GM is pulling out of nascar. I continued to laugh at him

Domestic Disturbance
07-22-2009, 02:15 PM
Good. Not that it make's much difference, but its stupid trying to figure out how those cars fit the ticket. Charger atleast is a rwd v8 car, and you can get a v8 impala, but hardly makes sense as a race car. Go Dale!

69gt4speed
07-22-2009, 11:04 PM
Yea ford is really pushing the stang which they should imo as it's rwd and really the only rwd performance car they have now. Chrysler yea I like the looks of challenger more than charger or the 300. Gm idk what the deal is, I would think you could make more $ w each camaro sale than a impala but idk baseline costs.

Domestic Disturbance
07-23-2009, 05:03 AM
when I think GM performance, I think the new Impala SS. My love for torquesteer has no end.