PDA

View Full Version : cleaning throttlebody- suggestions?

DustinsDuster
07-21-2009, 09:23 PM
so i need to disassemble my 4G63's throttlebody and clean the whole thing up. ive never done this before, and was kindof curious what i should use to clean everything. anything i should look out for upon disassembly/assembly? is there a gasket or rebuild kit i should buy for it?

might be stupid questions, but ive only rebuilt carbs, so bare with me!

Drifte
07-21-2009, 11:51 PM
Yes.

..I thought about leaving it at that. But I'll take it a step further. Yes...

jk. K, so theirs a few things to look for and to try. First, remove all electronic components, then soak it in whatever cleaner you deam fit. I'll look into the seals tomorrow at work. Theirs some typical leaks, but nothing new seals wont take care of. OH, and while your at it, you should order up the JMF (fiav) block off plate for the throttle body. Gets rid of some junk that probably wouldnt even work on your truck.

DustinsDuster
07-22-2009, 03:24 AM
thatd be awesome, thanks colton. i believe Trevor was talking about the tial MVS wastegate to use on my truck also that i was going to ask what you guys could get one for if you could check that as well. thanks man.

TbTalon94
07-22-2009, 06:11 AM
The throttle body is easy. Just make sure you mark the TPS sensor, and the throttle springs when you take it apart.

When assemblying it, make sure you lube the seals and shaft with a non-corrosive substance like di-electric grease.

http://www.ca.dsm.org/faq/tb-shaftseals.html << that's a good walkthrough with pics.

07-22-2009, 12:11 PM
make sure you mark things with a sharpie like TPS. Makes it easier on start up. You will still need to calibrate it but your good to go.