PDA

View Full Version : Probably Overkill...

sLoWnStEaDy
07-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Well, we decided to make a cage (Pandoras Box as wee call it) for our Burmese and I think I may have gotten a little carried away! this thing is frikkin HUGE! Mainly due to the fact i didn't want to cut anything so i just used full sheets of 4'x8'... We named the snake Pandora, that is where the Pandoras box came from.... anyways, here are some pics of this MONSTER! takes up like 1/2 of my frikkin office!

still have to do the ends... figure out a door, get the hide box, lighting, pool, substrate, heat, vaporizer, vents and a couple other little things done... should be pretty sweet though when it is finished!!

DustinsDuster
07-11-2009, 08:17 PM
ive got a circular saw Keith- call me next time and you can use it. mother of god.

Drifte
07-11-2009, 11:54 PM
^lol

sLoWnStEaDy
07-12-2009, 12:18 AM
I got a couple saws... just didn't want the mess and didn't think i could make a straight 8' cut and didn't want a crooked lookin box etc...

It is WAY bigger than i was thinking but Pandora is like 7ft~ so it'll go to good use.

sLoWnStEaDy
07-12-2009, 08:31 PM
got some more done... couldn't figure out a door because have barely any room for somethign to swing open and a sliding door was my idea but then I happened to walk by the T.V. and see a DeLoreon and well... you'll see

got some vents in there, got the "astro-turf" in there, got the BIG locks on it (they don't look too big in the pics but remember hor big the cage is...) got everything caulked inside, got a "hide box" in there, heater setup, and got my thermometer/humidity gauge setup. Only thing left is the humidifier, water and windows. probably some other little stuff to but...

sLoWnStEaDy
07-12-2009, 08:37 PM
Oh Yeah... best part...

I was getting ready to leave for my 3+ hour drive to get my snake and I decided to call and let them know I was on my way. They didn't answer, so i called about 30 minutes later and again no answer. So i text them and i get "well, I you didn't talk to use yesterday so we assumed you changed your mind and we sold her this morning". This was after me talking to them EVERY day probably 3-4 times a day for over a week. we agreed on tuesday that we would meet today and i gave them my phone number on wednesday so they had it in case they needed to get a hold of me. Apparently they where just going to let me drive to Chicago and then tell me when i got there or something... fukkin people...

Anyways I have a few others lined up, all Albino Burmese ranging from 7ft-11ft, personaly i want a smaller (6'-8') and skye wants a huge (14'+ one we found... I found one at an animal shelter in Wisconsin, so that would be nice if i could adopt one rather than buy one from a breeder or owner that just got bored...

Drifte
07-12-2009, 10:22 PM
I think your box needs a window or something. Toss some speakers on it too...haha. I would.

sLoWnStEaDy
07-13-2009, 06:24 AM
I think your box needs a window or something. Toss some speakers on it too...haha. I would.

yup... windows are coming, got some 1/2" and 3/4" plexi glass laying around so I will probably just use that...

Scorpion0308
07-15-2009, 05:09 PM
Big box, I wanna see some pics of the snake! Ive been wanting to get a Ball Python or something similar.

sLoWnStEaDy
07-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Big box, I wanna see some pics of the snake! Ive been wanting to get a Ball Python or something similar.

Haven't gotten the snake yet... The one I was suppose to get (and built the cage for) got sold out from under me... Found a few on here I am trying to decide between. Check it out if you are lookig for something...

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/ ... .php?f=841 (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=841)

sLoWnStEaDy
07-15-2009, 07:22 PM
Think I narrowed it down to these... the albinos are babies, the regular is about 11ft... Most likely go with a baby as they grow FAST anyways, by the end of this year a baby would be 8ft+ easily... espescialy in my HUGE cage getting fed very well

07-15-2009, 10:19 PM
F that.

F snakes

They have no business being in a house....

That freaks me out looking at it.

Luminatorz34
07-16-2009, 09:20 AM
im not much of a snake fan, but that orange one looks neater than hell

TbTalon94
07-16-2009, 10:31 AM
your first choice looks bad-ass. They don't grow as fast as you think though. My brother has had a Red Tail Boa for atleast 5yrs now, and it's only 7-8ft long. Granted it's not in as big of cage as yours is going to be in but it is fed very well.

Boa's are great snakes, they are chill but gotta watch out for them just "holding" onto stuff like your hands/fingers. There has been a few times where myself or my brother has almost gotten a few fingers broken just because of having them in the wrong spot at the wrong time and the boa squeezes just to hold on.

Good luck though ;)

sLoWnStEaDy
07-16-2009, 11:04 AM
your first choice looks bad-ass. They don't grow as fast as you think though. My brother has had a Red Tail Boa for atleast 5yrs now, and it's only 7-8ft long. Granted it's not in as big of cage as yours is going to be in but it is fed very well.

Boa's are great snakes, they are chill but gotta watch out for them just "holding" onto stuff like your hands/fingers. There has been a few times where myself or my brother has almost gotten a few fingers broken just because of having them in the wrong spot at the wrong time and the boa squeezes just to hold on.

Good luck though ;)

One thing to remember though is that Red Tail Boas only get to be about 1/3-1/2 the size of Burmese Pythons (what I am getting). pictures beow are of the same snake, the baby shot is from late October and the others are from early June so in 7~ months it grew to almost 8 feet... He keeps that in 200~ gallon cage where as mine would be more like 1365 gallons or so

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/6845/alblab0202.jpg
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/6391/1000292h.jpg
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/197/1000293.jpg

FiFdYnUtZ
07-16-2009, 11:25 AM
reminds me of the story where the lady let her snake sleep with her and it suffocated her and ate her haha..

TbTalon94
07-16-2009, 12:01 PM
damn that's like ~7ft in 8months, that's rediculous.

On a side note, we had a cat for the longest time and he always used to sit on this big carpeted speaker downstairs. We ended up getting rid of him and one day the boa was out roaming around downstairs, and he ended up climbing up the speaker and curling up at the top and sat there for hours...waiting for the cat to come back. It was the coolest thing.

Ricky
07-16-2009, 01:01 PM
should have let the boa eat the cat! i would have paid to see that!

Ashley
07-16-2009, 10:17 PM
i don't know anything about boxes for snakes, but.. OH MY GOSH! your baby is not a baby anymore!! he is so cuuuuute!! :D

sLoWnStEaDy
07-17-2009, 10:22 AM
i don't know anything about boxes for snakes, but.. OH MY GOSH! your baby is not a baby anymore!! he is so cuuuuute!! :D

Yeah, he is a little monster now! he LOVES to box! it's kinda of a PITA sometimes though because we will just be walking through Wal-Mart or somewhere and he just goes up to people, puts his fists up and says "wanna box?". My 4 year old nephew learned the hard way not to take toys from him, I felt pretty bad cuz landon gave him a bloody lip.

As for the snakes.... I went ahead and ordered he #1 choice, should be here tomorow I think... They have to overnight it but I guess i don't know if they ship the same day teh payment is made or...? I'll get pics when it gets here!

tylers88
07-21-2009, 06:11 PM
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/197/1000293.jpg

thats a dog bowl and WTF did somebody throw in a yorkie or something thats f'ing huge

sLoWnStEaDy
07-22-2009, 12:02 PM
got a couple pics... nothign to good but I was in a hurry. In case you are wondeirng, yes, I put the 50 gallon in the huge cage for now... 'til he gets bgger so i don't lose his ass in there!

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/5269/pandora005.jpg
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/2448/pandora009.jpg