PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: F-body or older muscle car

warchild145
07-09-2009, 10:30 PM
In the market for another F-body, preferably a 2nd gen, camaro or firebird. Looking for something in the $2k range or cheaper. For a solid car may be willing to go a little higher. Hoping for something I can drive unless you can trailer to my place since I prefer not to deal with renting a trailer.

Will also consider any older muscle car or even an 80's monte SS. Have a broad range really, and just need another project. Wrenching is my therapy.

Stutz
07-09-2009, 10:32 PM
84 S10 with 350/th350 just needs battery and plug wires. Body is in decent shape, $1800

DustinsDuster
07-10-2009, 03:38 AM
http://www.iowaautoforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=12546

sLoWnStEaDy
07-10-2009, 07:24 AM
I would check out Miwdest Imports by hawkeye downs... Dart (the owner) is kind of a douchebag but last time i was there he had a 2gen, 80's Monte, torino, challenger, charger, roadrunner, and a few others...

He has been after my RX7 for a while and was thinking about working a trade for myself but i doubt it, too much time/love in my car...

warchild145
07-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Hmmm, never thought about an s10 with a v-8, I may consider it but still trying to find a F-body for now.

I was looking into buying that 2nd gen but then the hydraulic pump went out on the tractor and its been so long I dont know if he still even has the car. Was hoping he may see this or else I will send a PM his way and find out. Looked to be a nice car.

Those cars at midwest imports always seem to be beat up to me but I never stop and look so maybe it's just my eye from the road.

sLoWnStEaDy
07-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Those cars at midwest imports always seem to be beat up to me but I never stop and look so maybe it's just my eye from the road.

somre are turds, some are way too nice to be sitting there... he has/had a '73 Charger SE, 400, buckets, A/C etc... It was a pretty rare one from what i have read, I almost traded the RX7 for it about a year or two ago but then I decided to swap in the V8...

Is there anything other than the 2Gen you are really interested in? I am close and talk to Dart quite often so i could see what he has and get pics for you...

warchild145
07-10-2009, 08:40 PM

somre are turds, some are way too nice to be sitting there... he has/had a '73 Charger SE, 400, buckets, A/C etc... It was a pretty rare one from what i have read, I almost traded the RX7 for it about a year or two ago but then I decided to swap in the V8...

Is there anything other than the 2Gen you are really interested in? I am close and talk to Dart quite often so i could see what he has and get pics for you...

Well almost any older car from the 60's and very early 70's. 80's monte SS, mustang 94-95 or newer . Possibly a 4th gen f-body. For now thats about what I am looking for but still trying to aim for a 2nd gen camaro or firebird.

Fire Hawk
07-14-2009, 06:58 PM
Hmmm, never thought about an s10 with a v-8, I may consider it but still trying to find a F-body for now.

I was looking into buying that 2nd gen but then the hydraulic pump went out on the tractor and its been so long I dont know if he still even has the car. Was hoping he may see this or else I will send a PM his way and find out. Looked to be a nice car.

Well I still do have the car. Circumstances have changed drastically for myself the car probably isn't going to go anywhere anymore. I'm not sure what if my bro is going to do but he does have an 80 Forumla Firebird that either he is going to work on or sell.

There is a 79' Camaro that keeps getting parked at Lindale Mall down by Burger King all in primer for $3700. Not sure what it all has or needs other then paint.