PDA

View Full Version : Torrey #2 Qualifier at BIR King Street Race this weekend

Ninesecsnake
07-08-2009, 08:19 AM
Here is a video of Eric during his second qualifying session:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKJh-1F1DbE

I was also at this race but had issues with a cracked exhaust valve seat and was only able to make one qualifying pass at 17lbs of boost but still ran 8.92@158. I was racing in Real Street, the fastest legal pass was 8.51@167 but the there was a car that went 8.18@173 but didn't have the proper safety equipment. BIR is an awesome track and I highly recommend it to everyone.

Scott
07-08-2009, 08:58 AM
wow, looks like he's got the car leaving and driving really straight!!

Ninesecsnake
07-08-2009, 09:03 AM
wow, looks like he's got the car leaving and driving really straight!!

Its really working well now, he did break the input shaft on the first pass, but luckily thanks to TNT race shop we were able to replace it and keep racing. Did you get your trans fixed?

Scott
07-08-2009, 09:21 AM
yeah I heard about his trans last fri, ran into buck at hawkeye downs.. Good job getting it fixed up guys!! and yeah I got mine together last saturday, put the tail pipes back on it and ready to go cruising once the rain stops, but I got a dam modified torn apart blocking the garage door!!!

Guch
07-08-2009, 11:18 AM
I love Whoppers

Mufflover
07-08-2009, 11:36 AM
I love Whoppers

what does this mean?

Scott
07-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Not sure but the BK stacker kicks the shit out of the Whopper anyday

DustinsDuster
07-08-2009, 01:30 PM
fuck yeah for Eric- and sorry to hear about your car, but 8.92 is still flying.

Scott
07-08-2009, 01:46 PM
yeah sorry to hear that Ryan, that must be one of the inherited problems from the 4.6 cobra engines with the valve guide wear maybe??

Urban Legend
07-08-2009, 03:10 PM
That looked like a nice clean pass. Too bad about your car though Ryan, should have brought the spare

69gt4speed
07-08-2009, 11:43 PM
yeah sorry to hear that Ryan, that must be one of the inherited problems from the 4.6 cobra engines with the valve guide wear maybe??

Now Scotty don't be spreading rumors, we know many sets of stock 03 heads were poor w the guides, they came that way mine included. Never heard of a cracked seat or real issues w good proper installed guides.

Ryan doesn't have stock seats probably anyway, for all I know might be beryllium. I believe he's got mmr heads and cams. Let me check my cliff notebook...

I remember when I saw Eric's stang of course it was cool, one of my fav. colors. The car def gets w it. My 2nd fav color is Red in particular colors like Ryans, really his is the tops for a street type car w the tech stuff. Way above most ppl's cars. Your's Scotty is like joe sixpack gone wild, it impresses most anyone w what a Joe Avg could do. In stang/ford world always look forward to hear some new stuff about each of your cars.

Scott
07-09-2009, 07:20 AM
yeah yeah I know... but you do have to admit there is a problem there!! My cobra has a small tick in it but it goes away after a few seconds of running, either that dam head tick or a lash adjuster I think. I like that Joe sixpack gone wild!! KISS princepal is where its at