1991 Galant VR4 Belize Green #998/2000
135k miles

also includes 1990 talon awd shell for 5 lug conversion and rear lsd conversion
no motor, tranny, or interior

upgrades to Galant include:
Act 2600 clutch
Walboro 190lph fuel pump
Dual gauge A-pill with autometer boost gauge
3" mandrel bent downpipe and full exhaust (sounds deep and smooth, not like a honda)

good
interior is in near mint condition
transmission shifts great
motor runs great and steady idle
14b turbo has only 10k miles on it, minimal shaft play like new
no boost leaks

bad
exterior has been repainted before i owned it and prep job wasn't the best. A few areas where paint has flaked
scratches on hood
tiny oil drip

I recently had my second kid and haven't had time to do anything to the car. I have too many project cars and not enough income so I have to sell it. Galant VR4s are extremely rare. If it had a new paint job then it would look amazing but that's why it's being sold for half price.
I'm not looking for any trades or anything.

I put the stock graphite wheels on it and they have good tires. The wheels in the picture have newer tires on it and can be included for an addition $150. The talon is included and can be used to conver the car to LSD from the stock open differential and can also be used to convert the car from 4-lug to 5-lug. The All Wheel Stearing has been disabled to prevent steering lock and the car is currently running without power stearing but it can easily be utilized again.

Serious inquiries only. I would love to keep this car forever and make it nicer than new but the wife (boss) will not allow it.

$2800 obo. No low ballers. Only 3000 of these cars were brought to the US out of 5000 total manufactured. Many have been in accidents and landed in junk yards and the rest have been retaining value around the $5000 range.

Send me an e-mail with contact information if you need more info.

JacobS
06-25-2009, 05:08 PM
damn, dont see too many of those around. good luck with the sale!

06-25-2009, 08:03 PM
are you selling any parts off the vehicle you know like the computer out of the galant?

Clinical
06-25-2009, 09:07 PM
I've seen this on CL lately - considered it a few times - but think I'm set on a turd gen atm.

Good luck with the sale though, it's a sweet car

jcmbmx
06-25-2009, 09:29 PM
Thanks guys.

I'm not going to part it out but I may have another ECU if you're looking for one. I'll have to check the numbers on it but I think it's from the 90 awd which has the less aggressive fuel maps and two pins would need to be moved since the coil packs run on a different pin, I think. It's been 5+ years since I've read about DSMs and I'm old and rusty now. Kids will do that so wrap it up.

anyways, if you have friends or anybody looking for something fun then I would appreciate the help. Or...I should say the wife will appreciate it and I'll appreciate having her off my back :)

Drifte
06-25-2009, 09:51 PM
You forget your password? You wanna sell me those wheels? What are the specs on em? And dont even tell me the shell is my old white talon?!

Drifte
06-26-2009, 07:15 AM
oh, and dont suppose you still have that knock off bov layin around?

JustinS
06-27-2009, 09:26 PM
Is this Jesse?

jcmbmx
06-27-2009, 09:50 PM
The shell is the old white widow indeed. I named it the white widow because she was in poor shape and looked to be headed to a junk yard. I still got 3000 miles out of it before tearing her all apart. Parts of her live on in my 91 talon awd. I still have the BOV laying around but it was going on my 91 awd once the Galant is gone and I have room to bring my Talon over to get it driving.

The wheels aren't anything special but you can come take a look.

Right now there is one person who may be purchasing the car and if he's not interested then I have one other person to call but it's a long trip for him and I don't want to sell the car out from under anyone who is interested.

Jesse who......?

;)

I'm going back to my roots with my original posting name from my early DSM days 9 years ago.

JustinS
06-28-2009, 02:42 PM
You know what I'm talking about you goon, this is Adam's little brother. Good luck with the sale man.

Drifte
06-28-2009, 03:03 PM
I dont see your email on here. But, if you can tell me the bolt pattern of those wheels I'll know if they will work or not. I was wondering about the bov, cuz the one i have now leaks from the valve pretty much no matter what. So i need to replace it.

later

jcmbmx
06-28-2009, 07:03 PM
wheels are universal 4 lug. 4x114.3 and 4x100

Drifte
07-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Hey I pm'ed ya. Send me a text or something so we can meet up.319
721-2929

Ricky
07-09-2009, 02:59 PM
what do you need 4 lug for colton?

Drifte
07-09-2009, 04:27 PM
lancer

Ricky
07-10-2009, 02:51 PM
ahhhhhhh.... the girl get wheels before you do..?

Drifte
07-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Maybe, unless Jesse decided to keep the 4 door.