PDA

View Full Version : DAY AT THE DRAGS 2009 Time to settle it all!

OldSkoolRCR
06-25-2009, 03:56 PM
I did my best to photo this poster for Brian @ H&W Speed and post it up. This is a invite only race, most of the shit talkers have already been invited you know who you are...lol. If you feel the need to come and play conact Brian @ H&W speed. There will be a heads up "PRO TREE" run what ya brung race at this event, all the names will be tossed into a hat and pairs of racers drawn at random, there will be a cash prize for the winner of this event. NOW for the goodie. This is where all the shit talking set-up (races) that has went on so far will be settled, (again you know who you are) and also all the doubts of whos car ran what will be settled. So tune'um and lets settle it for the 2009 year, Braggin rights will be gotten for the winter at this race. Good luck :supz:
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l152/OldskoolRcr/100_2037.jpg

DustinsDuster
06-25-2009, 04:27 PM
i dont think i'll be there- Reverend Horton Heat concert in the quad cities that night...

JacobS
06-25-2009, 05:12 PM
people can come and watch right? or is that part of the invite only?

OldSkoolRCR
06-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Everyone invited, actually it is the Harleys and Hot Rods days also, but Brian has a deal worked out with the track also.

Scott
06-25-2009, 10:31 PM
pro tree at cedar falls sounds good to me!! that is if im invited to it.. lol lets do it, if my cars running im there for sure.......

Scott
06-25-2009, 10:32 PM
btw good job on the poster Ed..

06-25-2009, 11:57 PM
Maybe just maybe I can get the talon up there and lay down a good run while you guys walk me down the track.

ehh who am I kiddin I wont run I should run low 12's and it wont be fun driving 2+ hours and get one run in.

K-ville
06-26-2009, 06:26 AM
pro tree at cedar falls sounds good to me!! that is if im invited to it.. lol lets do it, if my cars running im there for sure.......
price check vagiclean price check vagiclean!

Mufflover
06-26-2009, 08:25 AM
what are some of the big races going to be? How will you find that many cars that are that fast from around here? :supz:

Summergirl
06-26-2009, 08:36 AM
price check vagiclean price check vagiclean!

:biggrin: he'll be there if even if i have to pay to fix what's broken!!

Scott
06-26-2009, 08:44 AM
yeah 8 second car with stock internal trans... talk about borrowed time, I aint scared of it but Im not dumb enough to believe its gonna stay together for very long either

K-ville
06-26-2009, 09:02 AM
he'll be there if even if i have to pay to fix what's broken!!

Thats what I wanna hear! :bigthumb: no layin a story of excuses already :neener:

Summergirl
06-26-2009, 11:42 AM
i do what i can! it might be a problem if it requires a very LARGE infusion of cash, but i will do what i can. it's going to be fun. :rolleyes:

Mufflover
08-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Hey is this event still on? Havent heard much about it lately or who is going

Ninesecsnake
08-19-2009, 08:55 AM
Still on and should be a bunch of fast cars on the property.

Domestic Disturbance
08-19-2009, 08:58 AM
Still on and should be a bunch of fast cars on the property.
You heard I was going, didn't you? :biggrin: .... so ya, I'll be in the stands haha, should be a good time still.

85XR7Project
08-19-2009, 09:25 AM
Hmmm, I might possibly show up. Keep the stand warm :)

HAVLIK
08-19-2009, 12:08 PM
Yes it's on this Saturday the 22nd of August. Every brawler from this area will be there. 20 plus cars will be showing up! Random draw heads up pro tree. Gates open at 9am and time trials at 10am, racing will start after lunch at 1pm. After the race we will be bringing back the 2 fastest et's and let them go at it. It should be a good time come check it out. See ya there.

TbTalon94
08-19-2009, 12:14 PM
So does it still cost spectators $10/peice to get in and watch?

Scott
08-19-2009, 02:05 PM
gotta find someones trailer to sneak into!!

Mufflover
08-20-2009, 08:23 AM
whos going to win? Just wondering how fast some of the cars are, is that blue mustang in it? I would think he would be the favorite.

Scott
08-20-2009, 08:30 AM
your gonna win Mufflover!!

Mufflover
08-20-2009, 10:18 AM
your gonna win Mufflover!!

for sure if i was fighting you

Scott
08-20-2009, 10:56 AM
haha, you sound like Allgo now!! You guys should have a internet cock size contest

FiFdYnUtZ
08-20-2009, 11:16 AM
hey cocklover, why dont you stfu and show up to the races, then all your dumb ass questions will be answered OFF the internet...who has what? who is fast? who will win? whos that? you sure ask a lot of stupid ass questions for thinking you know it all...

Mufflover
08-20-2009, 11:33 AM
hey cocklover, why dont you stfu and show up to the races, then all your dumb ass questions will be answered OFF the internet...who has what? who is fast? who will win? whos that? you sure ask a lot of stupid ass questions for thinking you know it all...

haha go finish that stupid bird turd on your back.

85XR7Project
08-20-2009, 11:47 AM
Come on guys, lets not ruin the thread. If you want to have a pissing match I think PMs would be a good place ;)

K-ville
08-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Come on guys, lets not ruin the thread. If you want to have a pissing match I think PMs would be a good place ;)

reading this i knew you were new to this place without lookin at your post count haha

we all hate each other get used to it :bigthumb:

85XR7Project
08-20-2009, 01:20 PM

reading this i knew you were new to this place without lookin at your post count haha

we all hate each other get used to it :bigthumb:

http://assets.knowyourmeme.com/i/6512/original/DoubleFacePalm.jpg

K-ville
08-20-2009, 01:25 PM
mark my words you will never get muff to stop talking shit and hijacking threads..... ever

Scott
08-20-2009, 01:31 PM
He'll never understand.. I mean look he's building a XR-7!!! is that a merkur?

85XR7Project
08-20-2009, 01:37 PM
Good thing I threw that extra facepalm in there. You are thinking XR4Ti, XR7 is Mercury ;)

Scott
08-20-2009, 01:48 PM
OOhhhh yeah, that sounds right. shut up new guy

K-ville
08-20-2009, 02:43 PM
OOhhhh yeah, that sounds right. shut up new guy

FNG'S

stangvortech
08-20-2009, 05:44 PM
so the people there with h & w will be running at 1:00 then?

HAVLIK
08-20-2009, 07:57 PM
so the people there with h & w will be running at 1:00 then?

Yes our race starts at 1:00.

K-ville
08-20-2009, 08:00 PM
can you BYOB to the track?

mustangmike45
08-20-2009, 09:13 PM
i asked this on another forum but slow to answer. .. so is it invite only or can i bring my car for a little testing? it only runs high 11's so i wasn't sure. also what time will we be racing? everyone at 1:00 or just the faster cars?

Scott
08-21-2009, 06:48 AM
1:00 is the invite only deal.. The eliminations will be draw/redraw till theres no one left. I dont know about open test and tune, maybe call the track or check their website.. Yes you can BYOB!! They dont want big coolers in the stands but I usually still bring big coolers up there anyway as long as they arent packed full or anything. Cant wait to head up and see all these cars run

Summergirl
08-21-2009, 07:44 AM

you really are an idiot. make you feel good to stoop so low as to use someone's memorial tattoo as a way to attempt to make fun of them?? just makes you look completely uncouth. oh wait. you've already shown that you really don't care about that, haven't you??

you should show up. introduce yourself. i know i would just love to meet you.

...waiting...

Mufflover
08-21-2009, 08:52 AM

you really are an idiot. make you feel good to stoop so low as to use someone's memorial tattoo as a way to attempt to make fun of them?? just makes you look completely uncouth. oh wait. you've already shown that you really don't care about that, haven't you??

...waiting...

Your right I guess it s much cooler for him to be a raciest, I will introduce myself to you, which barn at the 4h fair ground should I look for you at?

snickerlicker
08-21-2009, 09:47 AM
Oh snap! Mufflover is a prick, but he sure has some good come backs I'll have to admit...

Summergirl
08-21-2009, 09:52 AM

...waiting...

Your right I guess it s much cooler for him to be a raciest, I will introduce myself to you, which barn at the 4h fair ground should I look for you at?

fabulous! you completely exceeded my expectations! 4h fair ground. priceless! you really don't know much.

i'll be at the drag strip. with the rest of the people you act so damn jealous of. but if you'd like to spend time in a barn instead, i'm sure there's a lonely sheep or two that would just LOVE to meet you.

thanks for the laughs! you're always good for that! :bigthumb:

Summergirl
08-21-2009, 09:53 AM
Oh snap! Mufflover is a prick, but he sure has some good come backs I'll have to admit...

he makes it fun! :)

K-ville
08-22-2009, 08:06 PM
great races today!! I had a blast and there were some crazy fast cars!

skinny1030
08-22-2009, 09:53 PM
We had a great time also. Hopfully next time I can keep the car on the ground and the headers round.

snickerlicker
08-23-2009, 06:23 AM
Was a great turn out. Had a blast. Got to give a shout out to Ron Rossie with the silver foxbody. Started the day running 10.9@134, ended up a 9.4@149!! Vortech YSI power FTW

K-ville
08-23-2009, 07:03 AM
We had a great time also. Hopfully next time I can keep the car on the ground and the headers round.

As much as I didnt want to see you hurt your car I would be happy to watch you do that everypass! it was amazing... better than any wheelie at a nmra ive ever seen. I hope some one caught it on camera for you. BTW I was the really sunburnt kid that asked if you hurt your car as you walked up to the lanes for the finals... and I hung around joes cobra and the elcamino all day

Was a great turn out. Had a blast. Got to give a shout out to Ron Rossie and the silver foxbody. Started the day running 10.9@134, ended up a 9.4@149!! Vortech YSI power FTW

For what a 2 week thrashing to put that thing together?! it was moving

OldSkoolRCR
08-23-2009, 07:53 AM
Hopefully will have all the days video up by tonight, Was a great day, those who did not show up missed one of the years best fun filled days of racing, Looking forward to "Day at the DRAGS II "

snickerlicker
08-23-2009, 08:04 AM
Agreed. Drama free fun.

Domestic Disturbance
08-23-2009, 08:28 AM
Was a fun time. I got a lot of video too, mostly seeing if this camera is worth using later on. Missed a few races due to low battery. Gotta love our killer local scene here.

skinny1030
08-23-2009, 09:23 AM
If someone has video of my car on the last pass I would like to get aa copy.

FiFdYnUtZ
08-23-2009, 09:39 AM
yeah it was a pretty fun event for the little bit i showed up, lots of fast cars there!

Summergirl
08-23-2009, 01:23 PM
it was a fabulous day! loved seeing everyone there!! can't wait to do that again. many thanks to Brian and Scott for hosting the event. it was a really good time!

also, a friend of mine taped all of the passes after round one for me using a really nice HD video camera. i hope to have them all downloaded soon. if anyone wants any of those races emailed to them, let me know and i will get them to you as soon as i can. or i can just send the whole file.

K-ville
08-23-2009, 01:33 PM
it was a fabulous day! loved seeing everyone there!! can't wait to do that again. many thanks to Brian and Scott for hosting the event. it was a really good time!

also, a friend of mine taped all of the passes after round one for me using a really nice HD video camera. i hope to have them all downloaded soon. if anyone wants any of those races emailed to them, let me know and i will get them to you as soon as i can. or i can just send the whole file.
yea it was nice seeing u and scott and talkin to ya oh wait we didnt talk because you both snubbed me! no biggy i sat by and talked to scotts dad

Scott
08-23-2009, 02:07 PM
yeah it was nice having everyone in one place racing together it was a blast and I got pretty lucky to do as good as I did, gotta thank summer and KC and everyone else who donated time and stuff for helping because I wasnt quite ready and I needed as much help as I could get!! Sorry bout that K-ville we were just so busy the whole day babysitting bottles and checking plugs I didnt get much of a chance to talk to anyone for longer than 2 minutes it seemed... Thanks to Ryan for a very very close race in the final that was a toss up basically

Summergirl
08-23-2009, 03:13 PM

yea it was nice seeing u and scott and talkin to ya oh wait we didnt talk because you both snubbed me! no biggy i sat by and talked to scotts dad

i'm SO sorry!! i think i saw you once, but by the time i had a moment to breathe, you were gone! i don't think i even had the chance to wave...working that hard paid off in the end. glad you could make it up there!!

snickerlicker
08-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Can u post the video of the rounds on here?

K-ville
08-23-2009, 03:59 PM
its all good i knew you were busy but i sure wasnt about to let it go without rubbin it in a bit! good times and maybe with alota help ill have some junk to race there next time

JacobS
08-23-2009, 04:04 PM
i was there! ed stuck me on the video camera the whole time hahaha great event!

JacobS
08-23-2009, 04:28 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/coogrman08/HWInvite005-1.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/coogrman08/HWInvite004-1.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/coogrman08/HWInvite002-1.jpg

only pictures i really took all days....

TbTalon94
08-23-2009, 05:52 PM
I was there. Awesome day out. Even better races. Watching Scotty and Ryan move up race after race was just awesome. The last rice was definatly a nail bitter. Great day!

OldSkoolRCR
08-23-2009, 09:31 PM
If someone has video of my car on the last pass I would like to get aa copy.

Got it Skinny, if its the awsome double wheelie, I should have the video up tonight, PM your email I will send you a copy of the whole days racing, Or I can break it down to just your pass. Ed

Vitoman
08-23-2009, 09:38 PM
Had a blast! Cant wait for next time, I just picked a bad time to switch to a brand new boost controller! Oh well, still had a great time!

69gt4speed
08-23-2009, 11:03 PM
You know sometimes I hate work.... Congrats to you guys and hope to see a video.

Urban Legend
08-23-2009, 11:15 PM
I just liked seeing 2 mustangs in the finals ha ha!!! Congrats to Scotty for mowing them all down. I told Eric on the way up you had a real good shot to win this. Next time don't be so cocky showin up at noon and takin home the big money!! j/k Was a great time can't wait til the next one. For got to tell Ryan great job too, first time hes came back home and everything seemed to click for him, car ran great.

K-ville
08-24-2009, 06:03 AM
Had a blast! Cant wait for next time, I just picked a bad time to switch to a brand new boost controller! Oh well, still had a great time!

It wasnt a good day to fall asleep at the lights and still run everone down by half track like your used too :butthead:

Scott
08-24-2009, 06:34 AM
I thought I was done 1st round!! I cant believe my own MOM drew me and Eric together in the first round!! I could tell I had a good lead at the 1/8th but I glanced in the mirror towards the end of the track and he was coming like a freaking FREIGHT TRAIN, I think he was next to my door at the stripe but had about 20mph+ on me so I honestly thought I lost... I was pulling plugs at the end of the track and then KC came riding down the return road on the 4-wheeler with the timeslip in his hand and yelling then I realized I actually won!! It was intense, then it was the same thing against Ryan in the final but even closer at the stripe, margin of victory was .04 total!! He cut a .073 i think against my .064 light so we both had incredible reaction times "for non-bracket racers" then it was only .03 difference on ET.. Very close final race. Thanks H+W for putting on the race and Brian for lending me some bottles for the last race "didnt think I would make it that far"

JacobS
08-24-2009, 04:02 PM
i was watching the Toyo Tires NMRA Finals last night, and the top fuel drivers were cutting the same reaction times and everyone was on saturday...i was very impressed.

69gt4speed
08-24-2009, 10:48 PM
Wow.. looking at the video it was close for Scotty but he's got the luck this yr. and a good car. :supz:

StreetSweeper
08-25-2009, 12:45 AM
Yea it was awsome you could definentaly tell who the old cheaten ass street racers were.. lol first round i cut a .068 light against the TT ls1 nova. and second round i treed scotty with a .071 light but my nitrous took a shit other wise i think i could have put up a fight for a few feet.. LOL it was awsome day and i love the heads up run what ya brung compatition and i really wish we had a weekand program like that around here. :supz:

Scott
08-25-2009, 07:49 AM
yeah the 10.5 races are closest that we have.. I did cut a .062 or .064 light against Ryan though ;) George is on awake on the tree thats for sure, it is really easy to get caught off guard with pro-tree or instant green!!! Seems easy when watching but when your in the car its a different story and it goes by wayy faster than you think.

Domestic Disturbance
08-25-2009, 11:52 AM
You guys are nuts. Best I've pulled is a .4 haha

Scott
08-25-2009, 11:55 AM
Its even a Pro .400 tree too, so you cant really anticipate the lights like the normal sportsman .500 tree

StreetSweeper
08-25-2009, 01:01 PM
The thing i like about it is, with compatition racing you as a driver have to have your ducks in a row because it's not allways whos fastest. Im a firm beliver that 90% of the time a drag race is one in the first 60ft unless you got some Giant turbo car racing a N/a car.

K-ville
08-25-2009, 03:03 PM
The thing i like about it is, with compatition racing you as a driver have to have your ducks in a row because it's not allways whos fastest. Im a firm beliver that 90% of the time a drag race is one in the first 60ft unless you got some Giant turbo car racing a N/a car.
speaking of you racing did you just run outa spray or what?

OldSkoolRCR
08-25-2009, 03:14 PM
His N20 solenoid got hot and quit working, Found out it had a internal short in the soleniod wiring, new solenoids on order. Kinda ruined the last half of the day for him.

K-ville
08-25-2009, 04:10 PM
His N20 solenoid got hot and quit working, Found out it had a internal short in the soleniod wiring, new solenoids on order. Kinda ruined the last half of the day for him.
ah my purge did that last time out in my brothers car. at least it was a easy fix

FiFdYnUtZ
08-25-2009, 08:38 PM
gotta get your ducks in a row, right george? lmao

StreetSweeper
08-25-2009, 11:13 PM
Ill have them all in a line for Arm drop live!

BIG HP
08-28-2009, 02:18 PM
Yea it was awsome you could definentaly tell who the old cheaten ass street racers were.. lol first round i cut a .068 light against the TT ls1 nova. and second round i treed scotty with a .071 light but my nitrous took a shit other wise i think i could have put up a fight for a few feet.. LOL it was awsome day and i love the heads up run what ya brung compatition and i really wish we had a weekand program like that around here. :supz:

Thats not cheaten thats SLOW CREEPIN!!!

Rollin on Dubs
08-30-2009, 08:56 PM
i was watching the Toyo Tires NMRA Finals last night, and the top fuel drivers were cutting the same reaction times and everyone was on saturday...i was very impressed.
(nhra) (NMRA does not have a fuel category)
Fuel cars leave from idle, have a (essentially direct drive) and a 3.20 gear ratio, do to that You will almost never see a fuel car leave on a light better than .070 any faster than that and they were leaving on anticipation, pro stock, Top alc PS bike, classes you will see .000-.030 on a regular basis, due to the rpm/ First gear ratio that they will leave on.

By the way, good job Scott, Ryan. Running 8s and going rounds is probably quite a chore.

Clinical
08-30-2009, 09:25 PM
Sounds like it was tons of fun.

I would of went but we had cruise night here - was a hard decision but I decided it'd be safer to stay in town than trust my bird for a long trip with the way it's smoking right now.