PDA

View Full Version : WTB 240sx

JustinS
06-25-2009, 01:53 PM
Preferably an s14 but i'll look at an s13 if need be. I'm looking for a new project since I sold my bike.

Let me know what you have, or if you know of any for sale locally.

06-25-2009, 02:22 PM
Check the qc craigslist there is a kid from muscatine selling one.

DragonUSMC
06-25-2009, 06:11 PM
good luck... just make sure you always check the A-pillars for nasty rust. If it has it just dont bother.

s13kid
06-25-2009, 10:21 PM
This is from a different forum. Its in chicago. Unfortunately you cant post unless your registered and you wont be able to register. But here is the thread, feel free to e-mail him.

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/101/l_19bc74f5c5174dfa883a13fe73c94c20.jpg
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/105/l_088efc76a81340e5af68ec8eceeb97b7.jpg
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/73/l_730b901a606e489fbd1b9a0e40401316.jpg

Name: Sebastian
Payment: CASH $$
Shipping: HELL NO!

I am looking into selling/trading my 1995 240SX SE auto if the price / trade are right. Wouldnt mind a 600cc bike, or a Z32 300ZX heheh

The car itself is a 1995 240SX SE model with 212,000 miles on the body, but has a lower mileage healthy and strong KA24DE motor and automatic trans. Usual SE goodies are:

- ABS
- VLSD - viscous limited slip differential - as opposed to an open differential in base models
- 5 lug hubs
- Power sunroof - only goes up doesn't open
- CD player
- Power windows/doors
- Power antenna
- Original SE alloy wheels

The good

The car has factory Impact Green paint which is pretty rare and quit interesting as it is a different color depending on when you view it and what angle. Interior is green with black trim around the radio. The entire car is unmolested and has never been modified.

- Strong running Engine
- Strong automatic trans - good for daily driving
- Clean interior
- Everything on the car works
- Has a catback exhaust
- Tires have lots of life left
- Brand new battery
- Tein Basic coilvers ($900 brand new)
- New front/rear brakes (pads & rotorss)

The Bad

- Driver side fender is dented and will need to be fixed
- Car has some usual midwest rust, nothing beyond repair but visible
- Body has signs of wear ( some chips, dents etc ) - after all the car is 14 years old!
- Trunk is missing some trim
- Radio antenna makes noise when lowering - its motorized so it may die out
- Driver window makes noise when going up

- Its an older car, so its not NEW!

I am not in a hurry to get rid of the car as it may become my new daily driver. However if the right buyer or trade come along I will consider getting rid of it. The car can be driven as is with the shocks/brakes replaced. On the other hand the car is a perfect candidate for an engine swap / turbocharging of the original KA and being turned into a fun track/drift car.

With this being said my asking price is $2,800 OBO - I would consider trading it for something of similar value such as a 600cc motorcycle, or running SR20 w/ trans. Let me what kind of things you would be willing to trade.

CONTACT ME VIA EMAIL: sostech@gmail.com to get my phone number or arrange a meetup.

Thanks

--------------------------------
EIN Basic coilovers added!

New front and rear brake pads & rotors.

Cars ready to be driven!
-----------------------------------

DragonUSMC
06-26-2009, 01:10 AM
^thats a pretty good deal there.

Drifte
06-26-2009, 07:08 AM
I thought about getting a 240. Im afraid its going to be nearly impossible to find one unmolested, and not terribly rusty. If I win the lottery Ill skip the 240 and get the 350...

DragonUSMC
06-26-2009, 09:25 AM
^there is a guy around where i live with a GT-R... I follow him around and drool constantly.

But yeah if i had the $$ i'd buy a 350 DD, coils, exhaust, and wheels, and just drive that thing everywhere.

you can find em un-molested though, you just have to be patient. I mean look at my brother's... who ever that kid was on here we bought it from him, yeah there was a bunch of crappy work done to it, silly mistakes that would have eventually blown up something. But we swapped a new engine and tranny right away, did brakes and once overed the car and now it's a great 240 coupe. After we posted the pics of the new engine and all the fix up stuff we had to do from him he wanted to buy it back... and got pissy with me cause i wanted $3k more then what we bought it from him for. lawl.

Dont forget to include the quad cities and such in your search. But that S14 from clubfr is going to be a pretty good deal i'd say.

Stutz
06-27-2009, 02:41 PM
My friend bought a s13 with only rust by the rear mud flap and a cracked windshield for $600 runs and drives good too.

JustinS
06-27-2009, 09:24 PM
That s14 posted up above is an awesome deal, but I have zero time to drive to Chicago, pick it up and drive back. That is seriously going to hinder my search.

JJ240
07-10-2009, 08:16 AM
how ya gonna have time for a project then :) And with S13's is framerail rust, not a-pillar you want to look for.

sLoWnStEaDy
07-10-2009, 08:57 AM
That s14 posted up above is an awesome deal, but I have zero time to drive to Chicago, pick it up and drive back. That is seriously going to hinder my search.

I have to pick up my Burmese from Chicago this sunday... I can bring it back for you :bigthumb:

JustinS
07-10-2009, 11:45 AM
how ya gonna have time for a project then :) And with S13's is framerail rust, not a-pillar you want to look for.
It would be a long project. :P