PDA

View Full Version : Shop in Omaha with mustang dyno, doing AEM EMS tuning Funny!

Jappbox
06-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Well im street tuning this honda SI stock motor turbo with AEM EMS. He orignaly had it tuned at some shop in Omaha with a mustang dyno that allso gave him a nice looking dyno sheet. They said "we are very good at AEM EMS tuning" Well the owner decided to have me check it out saying it never got that good of gas milage and drivability sucked, also to re-tune it for his new turbo he got. I pulled up the map and this is what I found:
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n269/JappBox/kyleoldmap.jpg

WOW!! Lets just say just about everything was messed up or not done right on the map, boost comp was wrong, no o2 feedback setup, ignition timing looked just as bad!! I said "I dunno how your car didnt blow or how it even ran". After redoing the whole map the right way and doing some street tuning in the heat it runs great and is 75% done. Waiting for a cooler day to finish it off. here is what it looks like now:
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n269/JappBox/kylenew.jpg

I stress if this is 100% true story, that this shop needs some teaching... and to think they have a dyno... I dont!

TbTalon94
06-23-2009, 03:03 PM
Man I can't believe cars even RUN on a map like that!! There are definatly some "pro" tuning shops out there that need to learn how to tune!!

Nice corrected map though :)

Jappbox
06-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Thanks TB, I am still playing around with this "VTec" setings lol Its kinda cool with AEM I can open it when ever i want and add a % of fuel for when Vtec is on.. Thats what I need to play with for increased spool and power. Its like nitrous LOL

Ricky
06-23-2009, 03:44 PM
what was the shops name?

FiFdYnUtZ
06-23-2009, 04:17 PM
i think a lot of higher end shops are like this, i have heard that when a nobody shows up to speed inc for a dyno tune they have you out in a half hour and dont even touch your VE tables or anything, basically just throw something close with all the basics on there and dial the maf in and off you go...i cant even imagine what a speed density, time intensive tune would cost from them..

Jappbox
06-23-2009, 07:22 PM
a AEM Tune 1 map from a good shop on a dyno should run $800-$1000 any cheaper and they didnt do it right. It takes a while to do drivability and most places charge $200+ a hour for dyno time, This person that tuned this before had no Idea what they were doing.

JacobS
06-23-2009, 07:24 PM
nice correction jesse, i bet it runs a heck of a lot better now.

Mufflover
07-04-2009, 09:01 AM
wow, what is the shops name? Nice job fixing the problem for him.

allgo
07-04-2009, 04:46 PM

Why do you need your chain oiled on your huffy?

krustindumm
07-05-2009, 08:57 AM
Don't kick VTEC on at low RPM, or you risk major engine damage.

Mufflover
07-05-2009, 08:03 PM

Why do you need your chain oiled on your huffy?

haha you dont want any of the huffy boys, no for real I need a new bannana seat.