PDA

View Full Version : evo upgrade i/c pipes

benjurman
06-22-2009, 12:07 PM
Being that you have an evo and a fab shop... I was wondering if you have made your own intercooler pipes...

from what I have been reading, the lower i/c pipe is a good peice to upgrade due to the factory peice being restrictive....

do you have any pics of any you have done for the evo?

how much would something like that cost?

lets say upper and lower with stock battery,bov, and intercooler

TbTalon94
06-23-2009, 06:10 AM
Sure have.

Lower: http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g49/Tbtalon94/Lowerpipe1.jpg

Upper (with small battery): http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g49/Tbtalon94/Evobay3.jpg

Is there any particular reason your wanting to keep the stock battery? It sheds quite a bit of weight with a small battery and makes a TON more room.

benjurman
06-23-2009, 10:59 AM
unless things have changed, NHRA wont allow anything faster than a 13 1/4 with a non stock battery/location without a kill switch... I very well could be mistaken.

not only that.... I am trying not to dump too much money into the evo because I have an H22 turbo crx that I recently started on that is taking most of my funds....

Im just looking for a "lil" extra from the evo for the time being...not trying to make it crazy fast...thats what the crx is for...

if you could pm me prices on the lower pipe that would be great...maybe we will start there and do upper later with a small battery if I find out that NHRA tracks will allow it

benjurman
06-23-2009, 11:00 AM
another question..... is the car pictured running allright with the hard intake pipe? or is it tuned?

AutoMods
06-23-2009, 11:31 AM
JM Fab has some new battery options you could look into.

TbTalon94
06-23-2009, 11:34 AM
another question..... is the car pictured running allright with the hard intake pipe? or is it tuned?

That is my car, and it's running perfectly...but it has AEM EMS on it and I tune it.

I did (and still have) a hard intake pipe for a stock maf and the car ran perfect with it with no tune or anything.

Jappbox
06-23-2009, 02:18 PM
NHRA rules only make you have a kill switch if you move the location of the battery they could care less if you switch to a small batt, as long as its tied down like pictured above would have no problems.

Domestic Disturbance
06-24-2009, 03:33 AM
Excuse me for asking, but why would a hard intake make a negative difference? Assuming hard in comparison to stock rubber or something?

TbTalon94
06-24-2009, 06:19 AM
The stock Evo MAS's are very sensative to changes in airflow. You can't just slap on a hard pipe and filter and have it run fine. Some run good, some run like crap. It's goofy.

For instance with a Vibrant (oil-less) filter my car would run normal, with a K&N filter it would have a stumble at around 2,400rpms. Switch the filters and it was night and day. All because the picky MAS.