PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Ever deal with I Wireless?

Luminatorz34
06-15-2009, 08:20 AM
Just curious if anyone on here has dealt with i wireless.. as i hate my service with us cellular, and they keep surprising me with a highe bill each month. i think paying 180/mo for 2 lines is a bit rediculous. found out i can actually pay less than half of that a month thru i wireless. but really havent heard much of them or about their service, or their billing. basically just wanna hear the good and bad with them. so any inut would be helpful for me. thanks in advance

sLoWnStEaDy
06-15-2009, 02:51 PM
I have "MegaTalk" now through I Wireless....

After being at US Cellular for about 3 years and Sprint for about a week... Pretty nice IMO, something like $50~ a month for unlimited talk/texts.... Plus you won't get a bill at all, You just buy a card (or call) whenever and type in the code and your good to go for 7, 15, or 30 days... Only thing that sucks is no warranty on the phones. I bought a Rokr and it took a shit about 2 months later so i had to buy another one... It took a ahit about 2 months ago so now i am using a shitty little phone but only cost me like $20 so....

I used to talk crap about MegaTalk until I tried it... Don't think I'll ever sign a phone contract again!

Luminatorz34
06-15-2009, 04:26 PM
well cool. do you know if they offer insurance on their phones then?

sLoWnStEaDy
06-15-2009, 05:00 PM
OOOPS... that is what i meant to say... no insurance....

they have a manufacturers warranty but they do not offer insurance that I am aware of... you can get "unlocked" phones on ebay pretty cheap or at any I-Wireless place for that matter. If you don't need any thing "special" it's not bad, my Rokr's cost me almost $300 a piece which is why i was so pissed... now with my $20~ phone if i break it, i just get a new one, no big deal...

Toothy91
06-15-2009, 05:33 PM
when u leave state there service always drops...

s13kid
06-16-2009, 10:39 AM
I had iWireless a couple years back. All I hear are bad things about the service but I never had any problems with it. Im sure its improved some since them as well.

Sleeping
06-16-2009, 06:26 PM
I just got it because I got sick of us cellular also...Seems to be good so far had it about a month. Plus they game me a 100 credit for switching providers

DustinsDuster
06-16-2009, 07:02 PM
ive had US Cellular the entire time ive had a cell phone, and ive been pretty happy with them. sorry you guys have had problems with them

NewSpeedSteed
06-16-2009, 07:30 PM
ive had US Cellular the entire time ive had a cell phone, and ive been pretty happy with them. sorry you guys have had problems with them

+1
I've had them for about 5 years now and have never had a complaint really, I have went through phones quicker the past year it seems (I don't know if they got cheaper or what) but they don't hold up like the old phones use to. I am switching to Verizon wireless at the end of the month because usc isn't offered where I'm moving to, otherwise I'd stay with em.

A couple friends of mine have i wireless and have nothing but good things to say about them. I thought now most providers have a 30 trial time; if the phone/plan etc wont work for you your able to return it and get a refund or something. I'm not 100% sure if i wireless has a deal like that but it'd be something to ask.

69gt4speed
06-17-2009, 02:42 AM
I've had us cellular for yrs. Over min... I've always talked them down somehow w buying mo min etc. Bottom line imo they always try to get ur $ that's their business. I've thought about nextel as our work ptt uses that and some other ppl I know. My son worked at uscell so he told me also about deals. I always act when talking to uscell I have no money and may have to cancel it or switch. That imo is a good approach to take w any of those money grubbing businesses.

RandomHero
06-24-2009, 07:34 PM
i would stay as far away from i wireless as possible. unless you enjoy crappy service. might as well get boost mobile yo! remember you get what you pay for.

TbTalon94
06-25-2009, 06:55 AM
I have at&t...never really have problems. I absolutly hated IWireless. Also had Verizon for a few years. Coverage is always great with them but their customer service sucks horribly.

DMTY
06-26-2009, 06:07 PM
I wireless is basically a prepaid version of t-mobile hense the reason you can buy unlocked gsm phones from ebay. I haven't heard much about their service but last time I checked their native coverage only included Iowa, and you had to pay extra for long distance. I work for Uscc what plan and features do you have? $180 sounds a little high on average for 2 lines. Boost mobile is a joke too, its pretty much sprints iden network (nextel) rebranded.