PDA

View Full Version : Buying myself a DD when I get back to Iowa....

biohazard
06-12-2009, 12:19 PM
I'm buying a 1994 Ford Ranger off my parents when I get back from Tech School. I was driving one of their Tauruses and they were offering me to buy it off them for $1k, but before I left my dad acquired a Ranger that needed a motor. He put one in it and I drove it around for a few days before I left for Basic to break it in and whatnot. It's a 2 dr extended cab, 3.0 sohc, 5 spd, 2wd. It definitely should help with me speeding when I'm driving, lol. I'm not looking to do too much to it, any ideas how to squeeze more gas mileage out of it? Hopefully it should be good enough to drive the 800 miles for my one weeekend a month to and from my base. Ok, enough ranting.

NewSpeedSteed
06-12-2009, 02:10 PM
2wd is going to save your ass in the mpg department big time, and since its a 5spd you should be pleasantly surprised in terms of mpg. CAI and catback is probably the two biggest things you could do to free up 'cheap' horsepower.

krustindumm
06-13-2009, 08:53 AM
lower it, alignment, adjust brakes, repack bearings, fresh trans & diff fluid, replace the mechanical fan with electric

If you plan on running the a/c, make sure the condenser is clean.