PDA

View Full Version : Sorta new

Scorpion0308
06-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Ive been registered here for a few years but havnt been on since. Just bought a Silver 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX. Live in Hiawatha. Dropping by to say hey! I'll probably be a little more active on here now :P

TbTalon94
06-09-2009, 01:44 PM
welcome....back

Post some pictures of your car!

NewSpeedSteed
06-09-2009, 02:39 PM
Welcome... again LOL

+1 for wrx pictures

DustinsDuster
06-09-2009, 04:05 PM
welcome.

Ricky
06-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Neat... I own a White 07 WRX. I drive it a lot so you might have seen it... White with black wheels and make loud sounds. There are a few nice subaru guys floating around... The evo guys think they run the town but us Subaru guys are just letting them have the spot light for awhile. :) sorry guys

Drifte
06-10-2009, 07:28 AM
The DSM guys keep everyone elses stuff running. Spot lights for the weak.

Pics or ban

Scorpion0308
06-10-2009, 12:12 PM
lol, I'll get some pics as soon as I get home...if I remember, but none the less, I'll post them.

Ive seen a 04-05 black suby who must live on Emmons. Ive also seen another 06-07 silver every now and then driving on 1st ave by where I work. Maybe a blue one every now and then. Cant say I remember seeing a white one, I'll keep a look out though ;)

Ricky
06-10-2009, 12:51 PM
lol, I'll get some pics as soon as I get home...if I remember, but none the less, I'll post them.

Ive seen a 04-05 black suby who must live on Emmons. Ive also seen another 06-07 silver every now and then driving on 1st ave by where I work. Maybe a blue one every now and then. Cant say I remember seeing a white one, I'll keep a look out though ;)

Look for 3 white one....

Mine- White 07 WRX with black wheels
Jamie- White 04 WRX STi with Black wheels
Travis- White 06 WRX STI with stock Gold BBS's

i havent seen too many other ones..... every once and a while i see a black one with blue shit on it.

Scorpion0308
06-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Heres a few pics. Its all stock right now, so nothing special.

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/2444/asuby1.th.jpg (http://img44.imageshack.us/i/asuby1.jpg/)

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/3866/asuby3.th.jpg (http://img30.imageshack.us/i/asuby3.jpg/)

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1217/asuby2.th.jpg (http://img15.imageshack.us/i/asuby2.jpg/)

Ricky
06-10-2009, 06:16 PM
if you do plan on doing a little to it i would recommend a turbo back exhaust and a stage 2 map from Cobb or open source. Stage two really wakes these cars up and they are a blast to drive then. Its really easy and doesnt hurt reliability.

something to look into though.

Scorpion0308
06-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Yea Ive been reading up on some of the WRX Forums, Turbo back seems to be at the top of the mod list. I didnt know you could map it to stage 2 so early though?

06-10-2009, 09:19 PM
The DSM guys keep everyone elses stuff running. Spot lights for the weak.

Pics or ban

Us DSM guys keep alot of food on peoples tables years after they stopped making the talons....

My buddy has a STI and he goes to CR every so often. Yes he likes to do shitties.

06-10-2009, 09:21 PM
I always thought the WRX have a Glass transmissions?

I'm not throwing stones or anything I have a dsm (stage 3 TRE trans) so I know mine sucked big ass.

Scorpion0308
06-10-2009, 10:20 PM
its not as solid as the STI's 6-speed. The WRX has kind of a weak 2nd gear, otherwise its not bad until you get passed 325hp or something like that. I guess the WRX guys, after they make some HP gains, they replace the 5speed with the STI 6speed.

Oh, I also looked around a bit on Cobb's website and saw that I can flash to stage 1 with everthing stock lol, so thats nice. All I need is a highflow catted TBE for the Stage 2. Also would want an Up pipe.

DragonUSMC
06-10-2009, 11:12 PM
Slam it!!! put some nice wheels on it with good offsets and leave it alone... just drive around like a pimp lookin good.

welcome by the way.

Drifte
06-11-2009, 06:54 AM
^ I like that idea. If my car didnt require constant attention and money elsewhere I'd totally be running a stock car on its nuts with some nice meat.

Scorpion0308
06-11-2009, 09:06 AM
I think the car looks flashy enough, I kinda like the sleeper idea. I'm more about performance, kind of a racecar driver at heart. This car stock is a damn good taste of both worlds.

DragonUSMC
06-11-2009, 09:18 AM
^heh you havent looked at my car... trust me. i'm up to almost $20k into mine.

No i say that because its a clean and fun car stock. A good set of coilovers will give you the cornering power to go play on twisty roads / road courses, and a nice set of wheels tucked in the fender just makes it look tougher.

That car stock is plenty fun. Do you really want to dump $10K into it for no reason really?

If i had the space I'd have another 240, this one a vert, with coils, wheels, and exhaust... thats it... and just drive that thing around enjoying the sunshine and road.

here is my example.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11910&p=144017#p144017 (http://www.iowaautoforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11910&p=144017#p144017)

part of me thinks if i went more along my brother's route i would be happy and saved a butt ton of money. But i enjoy what i've done, all in all it was worth it.

Ricky
06-11-2009, 11:31 AM
otherwise its not bad until you get passed 325hp or something like that.

:HEYYOU:

Oh, I also looked around a bit on Cobb's website and saw that I can flash to stage 1 with everthing stock lol, so thats nice. All I need is a highflow catted TBE for the Stage 2. Also would want an Up pipe.

Yeah i did stage 1 first and you can feel the difference stage 2 is a nice easy jump and really wakes the car up.

Scorpion0308
06-11-2009, 12:18 PM
^heh you havent looked at my car... trust me. i'm up to almost $20k into mine.

No i say that because its a clean and fun car stock. A good set of coilovers will give you the cornering power to go play on twisty roads / road courses, and a nice set of wheels tucked in the fender just makes it look tougher.

That car stock is plenty fun. Do you really want to dump $10K into it for no reason really?

$20k? Gees, thats mostly cosmetic? Nice car btw. I could dump 10K into mine to get it where I'd like it even more. I love how it is now, but more power would make it even better. Dont think I will go with coilovers cuz they are expensive and kind of a waste unless I do some TT's on some road course. I read on some other forum, a guy asked if he would be driving his in the winter (which I would be) and if so Coilovers probably arnt worth it as they would rust and make it hard to adjust. Just sounds like overkill.

Yeah i did stage 1 first and you can feel the difference stage 2 is a nice easy jump and really wakes the car up.

Yea, I cant hardly wait to get that AccessPort and a nice TBE so I can flash to stage 2! I'd like to get a nice set of Summer and Winter tires but that would probably set me back $500 each set. Then $1800 or so for the ECU management + TBE, then add installation cost on top of that, geesh. Guess I better start saving :P

Those are probably the first things I'd do, after that I'd like to get a nice set of stiffer, lowering springs +Shocks and at least a nice thick Rear Sway, possibly a front sway. All that might be another $800-1000.

All in due time hehe

DragonUSMC
06-11-2009, 05:50 PM
No most of the costs were for parts, engine, coils, TC arms, FMIC, turbo, ECU, brakes, oil cooler, radiator, etc. etc. etc.

The only cosmetic on that thing is the paint which cost me $1200 cause my uncle did it, the $100 wood steering wheel overnighted parts from japan... lawl. and $600 in wheels if you count that.

And your coils and crap wont rust if you spend the money and buy GOOD ones. And it GREATLY improves the fun of driving your car. Turning, stability, traction... its the best performance you can buy for the money, hands down. On top of that if you do buy good ones and not cheap Megan crap then you also can rebuild them when necessary, you will have great handling forever in a sense.

Thats pretty much all my brother has on his car and its just as much fun to drive as mine even though its not turboed.

my point is mainly your car has plenty of power to have fun in and still daily drive... and when you start chipping ECUs and other garbage its no longer going to be a daily driver as well... cause its gonna break faster then if you just did suspension, exhaust and wheels.

I mean just a way to look at it. take my info how you will... if i had it to do again i would just do what my brother did and keep the KA24DE, same amount of fun, no spun bearings, blown clutch, blown turbos, front main seals, etc. etc. etc. I would have saved thousands of dollars and been able to do everything i wanted.

Scorpion0308
06-12-2009, 07:02 AM
I see what your saying. How stiff of a ride are coilovers though? If I did get coilovers, I guess that would save me from having to match up some shocks with springs. I would also want to contact my dealership and find out exactly what voids my warranty lol, might not wanna do anything till thats up. Thanks for the insight Dragon :)

DragonUSMC
06-12-2009, 10:24 AM
well mine are pretty fricken stiff. But they also have a dampening adjustment to change the stiffness. Regardless its going to be a more bumpy ride then the super soft stuff most cars come stock with. You have to trade some comfort for performance in this case.

But yeah i never even thought about the voiding of the warranty thing. You will have to check that out... i cant imagine it being a problem, i mean you are just taking off the shocks and springs. But who knows with these car companies now adays.

Ricky
06-16-2009, 01:02 PM
I pieced my own exhuat together to save some money (the rust pitting shows so) the exhaust is very easy to install your self. i would do that you self rather then paying someone to do it.... or you could pay me a little bit and help.... :)

I just bought a front and rear sway bar set with new rear end links and poly bushings and it was 350 from RaliTek. however im still fighting two nuts on the front sway bar :(

Scorpion0308
06-19-2009, 02:14 PM
you got a lift or just jack stands?

Ricky
06-19-2009, 03:47 PM
i just used two jack stands. I did the cat back by my slef and had a sore neck the next day... that kinda sucks but its pretty straight forward.

Scorpion0308
06-20-2009, 04:49 PM
guess it cant be too hard then lol, wish I had a lift