PDA

View Full Version : Offical 5-6speed race rules and sign up!!

Pages : [1] 2

30lbsboost
06-06-2009, 05:16 AM
Rules: Open to any domestic or import cars/trucks

1 everyone posts all major car mods(just to get an idea of whats going on, so everyone can perpare)
2 will be at tri-state or cfr, dates still pending(aug or sept)
3 no handicaps..all out race
4 must be a manual w a clutch 5 or 6 speed. No jericos or dog teeth/box transmissions.
5 There will be one time trial for each person and his own car. After completion of time trial the person and his car would be paired with high and the low time for run off.
(example 4 cars) john 14.0 jim 13.0 joe 12.0 jerry 11.0
john vs jerry runoff
jim vs joe runoff
Theory says final would be joe vs jerry.
6 If a odd amount of persons and their cars, then low et gets a bye run.
7 Plated car... like no real race cars. Just a faster d/d.
8 if your car runs too fast and get kicked off the track, that would suck, but safey stuff this required to keep people alive. we will atleast try to pair up car to get the best "show" .....worst case we could take the fastest timeslips for overall fastest... example: bills fastest time is 9.80, he has no safty equipment, so he's booted off the track. ......jons fastest time was 11.60, he has no safty equipment either, but did not go fast enuf to get booted off, jon made it to the finals and won ......jon wins the race
Jon is the official 5-6 speed race winner of 2009.....but bill is the fastest 5-6 speed of 2009....PERIOD!
9. no cry babies!!!!...win or loose, this is for fun/bragging rights

I ask everyone to bring vid cams, that should increase the fun also!
The goal is to get as many cars as possible, so next year we all can look forward to a event that will be even better.

Tell everyone, lets make this as big as possible!

30lbsboost
06-06-2009, 05:27 AM
sign up should look like this below.....................(list just the main stuff)

I'm all in!!!

car : 95 Camaro Z28, 6-speed
engine: 350 cu in LT1, stage 3 gtp heads/intake, custom cam ,3" true duels
poweradders: powerdyne supercharger w/kevlar racing cog, nx kit
other: 4:10 gears, 27x10.5 MT ET streets, custom pcm programming
safety equipment: NONE as of yet!

30lbsboost
06-06-2009, 07:04 AM
The "Black bitch" will be entered, only if the new engine is ready, and has been tested.
This is my Dads car.

car: 93 Camaro Z28, 6-speed
Engine: 355 cu in, LT4 heads/intake, custom blower cam, headers/Borla
Poweradder: D1 Procharger, 15-20psi+ boost(depends on what pulleys we use)
other: 3.90 gears, 26x11.50 MT ET streets, 94 flash pcm, custom programming
Safety equipment: NONE

McKeever
06-06-2009, 01:11 PM
I'll play if I can get my other DD running.

Car: 98 Tacoma, 5-speed
Engine: Toyota 2rz (2.4L)
Poweradder: S256 snail (9psi)
Other: water/meth injection, 26x11.5 MT Street ET's
Safty Equipment: None

Domestic Disturbance
06-06-2009, 04:47 PM
I'm in.

Car: 2000 Camaro SS, 6-speed
Engine: LS1 5.7L, longtubes, true duals, SLP cold air
Other: M/T ET street radials

69gt4speed
06-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Well I'm getting the trophy and Scott and I started it so I'm in. The rules seem real fair ppl so lets get some cars there. I know I've posted at the 2 other local sites and will copy and paste info here so we have it in one spot to look at...

Car: 2003 cobra 6 speed, 3880# w me approx.
Engine: 4.6 s/c 12#, wet nitrous fogger, bassani exhaust. flashed pcm.
Other haven't decided on tires yet, probably 17's of some sort.
Safety equipment. None

69gt4speed
06-07-2009, 02:17 AM
Imports... we need imports, and Chrysler's/Dodges. Srt 4's and mo Fords, you 5.0 guys can clean up w a stick. 347, windsor fox w spray, etc. Or the new ones. Turbo, s/c, sprayed. I've ran a few here and there. Don't let me be the only ford out there, I will disappoint you. I have lil exp at the track w the 03. This isn't a burnout contest...

DustinsDuster
06-07-2009, 09:26 AM
i wonder/hope Apples gets in on this, although im not sure his rear end will be able to survive long behind a 406- i dont know how it made it past the 355...

APPLES355
06-12-2009, 07:24 PM
i will try my best to get the motor back into the car. apparently there is no one in the cedar rapids area that i have gone to that can build a motor that lasts. i just hope this event is late july into august maybe.

84 monte carlo
406 sbc
afr210's, victor jr intake, solid roller, 1 3/4 longtubes with 3" x-pipe
nitrous is a question right now ( i just want it to run!)

any other questions about the car just ask!

30lbsboost
06-12-2009, 08:02 PM
i will try my best to get the motor back into the car. apparently there is no one in the cedar rapids area that i have gone to that can build a motor that lasts. i just hope this event is late july into august maybe.

84 monte carlo
406 sbc
afr210's, victor jr intake, solid roller, 1 3/4 longtubes with 3" x-pipe
nitrous is a question right now ( i just want it to run!)

any other questions about the car just ask!

Awesome! , I hope you get the car done, were thinking of aug/sept time frame

is your car a 5 or 6 speed? either way, very cool in an old school car!

TbTalon94
06-13-2009, 11:07 AM
I'll play

Car: 2003 Evolution
Engine: stock 2.0L, bolt on turbo, 272 cams, AEM EMS, bolt-ons
Other: AWD? :)

30lbsboost
06-13-2009, 12:46 PM
I'll play

Car: 2003 Evolution
Engine: stock 2.0L, bolt on turbo, 272 cams, AEM EMS, bolt-ons
Other: AWD? :)

awesome!!, the more the better!
No problem with AWD's entering!

Domestic Disturbance
06-13-2009, 05:55 PM
VP? Tyler? Get the sand out your vag's and join up in this.

stangvortech
06-13-2009, 07:33 PM
tyler sold his stang about a month ago.....

30lbsboost
06-13-2009, 08:45 PM

yep everyone with a manual trans should jump into this, I can't wait... this is going to be a blast!

Domestic Disturbance
06-14-2009, 08:24 AM
tyler sold his stang about a month ago.....

Ya I was refering to the car he still has haha

stangvortech
06-14-2009, 05:07 PM
what his 150 hp murker? kitch dont be a tard..........lol

XR4LIFE
06-14-2009, 05:18 PM

yep everyone with a manual trans should jump into this, I can't wait... this is going to be a blast!

Im not entering my $600 wrecked beater its just a waste of time...

30lbsboost
06-14-2009, 06:34 PM

oh, I did not know what car you have, just trying to encurage more to join. I was under the impresssion it was like one of the other cars that are taking part in this.

black88gt
06-14-2009, 09:32 PM

Car: poopy 1988 GT that doesnt run
Engine: 4.9L OHV
Mods: bad gas, idles like shit
Safety Equipment: seatbelts that dont tighten

Domestic Disturbance
06-15-2009, 06:47 AM

Thought it'd be a good excuse to take it down the track. Its not like I plan on walking away with anything, I just like to drag race.

XR4LIFE
06-15-2009, 10:12 AM
Thought it'd be a good excuse to take it down the track. Its not like I plan on walking away with anything, I just like to drag race.

Sweet me too, but my car wont pass tech plus it probably wont make it to the track let alone down the track...

30lbsboost
06-15-2009, 03:42 PM

Car: poopy 1988 GT that doesnt run
Engine: 4.9L OHV
Mods: bad gas, idles like shit
Safety Equipment: seatbelts that dont tighten

Perfect! ...thats exactly what were looking for.

Domestic Disturbance
06-16-2009, 11:27 AM

Sweet me too, but my car wont pass tech plus it probably wont make it to the track let alone down the track...

Haha neither will my junk. Didn't realize the merkur was doing that bad

69gt4speed
06-17-2009, 01:30 AM
Is this merkur John's bro? It didn't seem that bad imo... Plenty of time to put a man. boost control on it.

69gt4speed
06-17-2009, 02:06 AM
Trevor's car I'm telling you really get's w it for a d/d. Saw it at a lil test session recently, I was impressed. No way it was only a bolt on evo... btw anybody get ahold of Jamie? W a good tune sti could be there.

And what about a vette w a stick, that 505hp zo6 would be sweet or the one w the s/c. Ask around. :supz:

TbTalon94
06-17-2009, 06:13 AM
Trevor's car I'm telling you really get's w it for a d/d. Saw it at a lil test session recently, I was impressed. No way it was only a bolt on evo... btw anybody get ahold of Jamie? W a good tune sti could be there.

And what about a vette w a stick, that 505hp zo6 would be sweet or the one w the s/c. Ask around. :supz:

Lol thanks rob, but I truly am just a bolt on evo :biggrin:

Scott
06-17-2009, 07:09 AM
yeah I hear that!! I bolted on all the parts I fabbed up for my car too...

TbTalon94
06-17-2009, 07:39 AM
lol oh come on, bolt ons are bolt ons. I mean I have a bone stock motor besides cams. I don't have a huge turbo hanging and I have done ZERO porting on anything lol. Now after this winter...that may change.

69gt4speed
06-17-2009, 01:21 PM
I agree bolt on are varied, you talk to lsx camaro guys they can include a cam. I'm just saying that evo runs hard... :bigthumb: Isn't a downpipe and man boost controller w a cai. You are def better than that. I'd guess low 12's hi 11's. Pretty good for some bolt on's, that evo responded well imo. too well...I'm glad I got to see it run..

30lbsboost
06-17-2009, 01:27 PM
lol oh come on, bolt ons are bolt ons. I mean I have a bone stock motor besides cams. I don't have a huge turbo hanging and I have done ZERO porting on anything lol. Now after this winter...that may change.

hey is this the white evo that was at CFR for midnight mania a couple of months ago, if so it ran really good, I was impressed.

30lbsboost
06-17-2009, 01:31 PM
I agree bolt on are varied, you talk to lsx camaro guys they can include a cam. I'm just saying that evo runs hard... :bigthumb: Isn't a downpipe and man boost controller w a cai. You are def better than that. I'd guess low 12's hi 11's. Pretty good for some bolt on's, that evo responded well imo. too well...I'm glad I got to see it run..

funny you mention camaro guys :biggrin:
My favorite word twist is "stock style suspension" if you look at the rear of my 94 it somwhat resembles that......I guess, lol

TbTalon94
06-17-2009, 03:21 PM

hey is this the white evo that was at CFR for midnight mania a couple of months ago, if so it ran really good, I was impressed.

Eh i've only been to the track one time this year, and i don't think it was a midnight mania. Last time i was at the track i was running mid 12's...done a few things since then though :)

30lbsboost
06-17-2009, 09:02 PM

Eh i've only been to the track one time this year, and i don't think it was a midnight mania. Last time i was at the track i was running mid 12's...done a few things since then though :)

oh, either way...12's are good!

69gt4speed
06-18-2009, 12:29 AM
Well gonna get some et streets in 17" unless I find out 15" diamond racing wheels w the 13.3" basket size will fit a irs cobra.. then some slicks or et streets. I just don't want to break stuff, the irs cobra guys have figured out the weak sidewalls will save halfshafts and of course 60ft better.
I let mustang scotty borrow my m/t drag radials, he didn't 60ft all that great either at cfr w his 03, I just wanted to see if my crappy driving/irs/tranny sucked..lol.. best ever was around 1.85 at earlville. 2.0 at cfr. 2.5k/3k launch. So I got my work cut out for me. It isn't a drag car for sure.

Scott
06-18-2009, 07:28 AM
yeah man those tires sucked!! I know for a fact those tires hook better on the street than at the track, I couldnt get the pedal to the floor in 1st gear without breaking loose. Some drag slicks would be the key but with the power of a nitrous'd cobra and a stick shift with a good clutch there is potential for a HARD launch which is hard on stuff but fast. Hope you got a brace on the rear, half shafts, and some type of good chassis stiffening

30lbsboost
06-18-2009, 11:16 AM
yeah man those tires sucked!! I know for a fact those tires hook better on the street than at the track, I couldnt get the pedal to the floor in 1st gear without breaking loose. Some drag slicks would be the key but with the power of a nitrous'd cobra and a stick shift with a good clutch there is potential for a HARD launch which is hard on stuff but fast. Hope you got a brace on the rear, half shafts, and some type of good chassis stiffening

yea, it takes some really good driving/ restraint :biggrin: with a manual trans and nitrous....but its fun
I would bet the main factor in this race will be how the car is brought out of the hole, should be interesting.
are you going to join in in this Scott?

Scott
06-18-2009, 11:39 AM
I might, Im going to have to wait and see what date works for everyone, with all the race cars I race everyweek its hard to find time for anything anymore.. I might have a better chance if its on saturday and not july 11th or 18th

30lbsboost
06-18-2009, 04:13 PM
I might, Im going to have to wait and see what date works for everyone, with all the race cars I race everyweek its hard to find time for anything anymore.. I might have a better chance if its on saturday and not july 11th or 18th

aug/sep time frame

69gt4speed
06-18-2009, 06:27 PM
Hope you got a brace on the rear, half shafts, and some type of good chassis stiffening...

Billetflow brace and btw it does get loose so it's a maint. item. Dss level 5 halfshafts. Some kenny brown subframe connectors. The spec 3+ w a liberty camaro input shaft splining on the tranny. If it does not hop or anything should be good, idk. I know 03 ppl do 5k drops w 17" et streets. Still they break w boost and spray. I'll have to say any serious smart drag person puts in a solid. That's about 125# less weight anyway. About like racing w a 10 bolt imo w 03 irs.

30lbsboost
06-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Hope you got a brace on the rear, half shafts, and some type of good chassis stiffening...

Billetflow brace and btw it does get loose so it's a maint. item. Dss level 5 halfshafts. Some kenny brown subframe connectors. The spec 3+ w a liberty camaro input shaft splining on the tranny. If it does not hop or anything should be good, idk. I know 03 ppl do 5k drops w 17" et streets. Still they break w boost and spray. I'll have to say any serious smart drag person puts in a solid. That's about 125# less weight anyway. About like racing w a 10 bolt imo w 03 irs.

are your mustang 6 speeds a tremec or borg warner? alot of camaro guys use the viper mainshafts and shift forks, much stronger than the stock camaro transmission

on a side not i've been doing 4600 rpm clutch drops on et streets and a 10 bolt! .....cold tires so far... I installed my line lock the other night, that should take car of the cold tire issue :biggrin:
hope it stays together

Drifte
06-18-2009, 09:55 PM
This would be fun, but for the sake of getting to work on Monday I doubt I participate. True DD here...no backup unless pedals count.

FiFdYnUtZ
06-18-2009, 10:30 PM
better have someone with a broom behind you when you make a few passes 30lb lol, that 10bolt is going to bitchslap you soon i bet...

69gt4speed
06-18-2009, 11:21 PM
are your mustang 6 speeds a tremec or borg warner? alot of camaro guys use the viper mainshafts and shift forks, much stronger than the stock camaro transmission

It's the same basic transmission as camaro w later carbon fibre blocker rings, steel shift fork for #3, 10 spline input shaft stock, 2.66 first gear, same basic 27 spline main shaft and the stamped keys. I broke a 3/4 key, it screwed up stuff. Idk imo it barely shifts better than a stock toploader. Like this 50..
http://photos.imageevent.com/69gt4speed/carforumpics/websize/100_0551.JPG

30lbsboost
06-19-2009, 05:37 AM
better have someone with a broom behind you when you make a few passes 30lb lol, that 10bolt is going to bitchslap you soon i bet...

haha :biggrin:

I know....every time I go to the track I bring a jack and stands, in case I need to "do somthing" to get the car back on the trailer.

I will probly put a moser under it next year, I wish I had the extra coin to put a I burkhart under it like my turbo car.

Domestic Disturbance
06-19-2009, 09:03 AM
I was under the impression borg warner is owned by tremec, so the cobra's t56's would be tremecs. I could be wrong.

69gt4speed
06-19-2009, 09:29 AM
^ correct, all in the same family. I think ours is rated 500# of tq stock. Now they are selling a hybrid tr6060/t56, appears tremec is building it at their factory..
http://www.ddperformance.com/magnum.html?cPath=107_92

ZEE
06-19-2009, 01:01 PM
I wouldn't say a cam car is a bolt on car.

Drifte
06-19-2009, 02:28 PM
^Yea I agree. Theirs probably some rules made up on the internet somewhere of what constitutes a bolt on.

Ricky
06-19-2009, 03:49 PM
trevor is a rule breaker!

69gt4speed
06-19-2009, 07:34 PM
Camaro and stang guys cheat plenty, turbo cars dial the boost up, that's why its run what ya brung rules for a d/d pretty much on this gig.
A facetooth dogbox is cheating though, there is no way in hell a t56 syncro can compete w those imo and mo than likely that would be a real race car. You saw Calvert shift one like a auto in his 08 cobrajet. Ppl say to me oh you have dual pwr adders.. well it's like this, 2 power levels and on the s/c I could run 91 oct. My boost is pretty low 3# mo than my stock 9#.

McKeever
06-19-2009, 08:03 PM
So how is it determined who won a race? Lowest ET or whoever gets the win light?

Scott
06-19-2009, 10:15 PM
its a race dude!!!! win light wins

69gt4speed
06-19-2009, 10:22 PM
There are 2 aspects, one time trials which is based on low et. After that then the hi and low et will be paired up and it is who gets to finish line first of course w/o a redlight. So reaction time and et is the final deciding factor like imo a street race when we actually race against each other. I've won a few on reaction time, so has anyone and that's how the the track will be set anyway. So win light as Scott said.

We were in limbo sorta over if someone gets kicked off and cannot continue racing due to safety equipment violation. Resolved now... whoever that can continue and is the final winner gets the trophy, whoever gets low et and gets kicked out due to safety violation has the fastest car.

I doubt if any under 10.0 cars will be there w a 5 or 6 speed w plates and their car and live in c.r. area. Those cars are pretty rare esp here. This was all based on fastest 6 speed in c.r. We opened it up to 5 speeds also for dsm and older camaros and stangs etc.

I myself like the trophy so if say your car and you ran a 11.1 every time good chance of finishing and trophy winner if no safety equipment. Imo a d/d has no roll bar but other ppl see it different I know. I know this... it's mighty hard for a stick d/d w any power to be consistent so anyone has a shot at the trophy. With the redlight it makes ppl w a stick hesitate on when they drop the clutch, not a exact science there.

30lbsboost
06-20-2009, 05:41 AM
I wouldn't say a cam car is a bolt on car.

nope, cams would be classifyed as heads/cam or cam only cars.....check out LS1 TECH, there are records listed like this......

fastest power adder
fastest on stock style suspension
fastest 6-speed
fastest naturaly asperated
fastest heads/cam or cam only
fastest stock internals(bolt-ons)
along with this, in the camaro world it separates between LTx and LSx engine cars with the exception on fastest stock style suspension

hey, zee are you going to get in on this race??? .....I hope so :bigthumb:

69gt4speed
06-20-2009, 09:16 AM
^ yep.. way I understand bolt on, but some ppl like to do a lil stretching of fact w a mild cam.

Yea Zee think it over, new moser and et streets and that spray kit. Then we'd have 2 lsx cars I believe.

stangvortech
06-20-2009, 02:42 PM
car : 1999 mustang vert
engine: 4.6l motor, 4r70w AUTO tranny, irs
poweradders: supercharged, nitrous
other: lots of fuel
safety equipment: none will be kicked out first pass...........

I'm a auto will try and make it just to join in......

NewSpeedSteed
06-20-2009, 04:56 PM
I was under the impression borg warner is owned by tremec, so the cobra's t56's would be tremecs. I could be wrong.

The Corvette, F-body, Viper, Cobra (the '00 R and the 03-04 Terminators) and the new Shelby GT500 all use the T56 by tremec, they use different parts and gear ratios which is why the power ratings are different. I'm sure theres a few other cars that use the T56 but I think I covered the basic ones.

69gt4speed
06-20-2009, 11:04 PM
The new gt500's and vettes, new vipers use the tr6060 w triple cone syncros and some other upgrades. The newest camaro also has tr6060 and the very late gtos had some 6060's way I gather. Idk if they shift better only have tried a new gto but didn't race it. That link I put in there shows a hybrid t56/6060 w a tuet part#. Suppose to be one of best t56's but I don't know if it has forged keys. That's a cheap azz part imo easy to break if you jam stuff like I do.

Domestic Disturbance
06-21-2009, 12:47 AM

The Corvette, F-body, Viper, Cobra (the '00 R and the 03-04 Terminators) and the new Shelby GT500 all use the T56 by tremec, they use different parts and gear ratios which is why the power ratings are different. I'm sure theres a few other cars that use the T56 but I think I covered the basic ones.

negatron. Older 4th gens are borg warner t56s. I believe the lt1s.

30lbsboost
06-21-2009, 06:39 AM

negatron. Older 4th gens are borg warner t56s. I believe the lt1s.

TRUE!
to add to this the 93's had different ratios than the 94-97 lt1 trans

DustinsDuster
06-21-2009, 03:01 PM
bums me out i wont have my truck in any shape to race in this; but if i can get it running this year, im already collecting parts for next year- if you have one then, i'll see what i can do about getting into that one...

30lbsboost
06-21-2009, 05:10 PM
bums me out i wont have my truck in any shape to race in this; but if i can get it running this year, im already collecting parts for next year- if you have one then, i'll see what i can do about getting into that one...

If I get my way well do it every year, but come out any way

69gt4speed
06-21-2009, 11:25 PM
The new gt500's and vettes, new vipers use the tr6060 w triple cone blockers and some other upgrades. The newest camaro also has tr6060 and the very late gtos had some 6060's way I gather. That link I put in there shows a hybrid t56/6060 w a tuet part#. Suppose to be one of best t56's but I don't know if it has forged keys. That's a cheap azz part imo easy to break if you jam stuff like I do.

Trust me guys I looked into this when the tranny was in pieces, I had to put a carbon double blocker in, syncros, keys, all t56 parts, they were not the tr6060 parts that is the latest and greatest. Now they build a hybrid the fkrs. Tuet is a factory part # for tremec.

Bottom line try to put triple blockers of a gt 500/corvette in a 03 cobra or lsx 6 speed it won't work w/o changed parts. At that time I would of if I could. Had a lot of chewed parts, a few $ more had this hybrid. Idk if been then a great tranny but hopefully better w full syncro use. Downshift and all that normal syncro stuff.

McKeever
08-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Bump...

69gt4speed
08-09-2009, 11:08 PM
As far as I am concerned the deal is still on. I had a few bad things happen but all is well and should have the 03 back this week. Then more parts go on and a lil testing. I'll order the trophy this week and post a pic up.

30lbsboost
08-10-2009, 06:36 PM
i'm having a problem, ......lol the "snake" aka the 95 camaro blew up! I tested compression on 2 cylinders and after the 2nd one I stopped (45psi) I'm trying to find a way to fix the car soon.......I also have some thoughts of selling the the car as a rolling chassis,
building a badass lower end for that engine and throwing that engine and the six speed in the turbo car!
I'm leaning heavily this way, my kids and friends are pushing me to go this direction.....but i'm not sure witch way to go yet.

stangvortech
08-10-2009, 07:53 PM
damn that sucks well you still can bring one of the others right??

69gt4speed
08-10-2009, 11:10 PM
You know how many times that has happened? Supposed to have a big race and someone while testing blew their stuff up. I've broke stuff also, don't get me wrong. Broke the 03 a couple of times, nothing serious but lots of $ imo.

Maybe it blew a head gasket if side by side cylinders? I've got mls gaskets which seem to be fairly blow proof. It will melt a piston before the gasket blows.

Domestic Disturbance
08-11-2009, 02:35 AM
Ya I'm in that same boat right now. Have the 10 bolt out and apart, and need to take it somewhere to have it checked out professionally before I put new bearings in it and overlook something.

30lbsboost
08-11-2009, 05:36 AM
Ya I'm in that same boat right now. Have the 10 bolt out and apart, and need to take it somewhere to have it checked out professionally before I put new bearings in it and overlook something.

ill fix it...i could use the $$ ....lol

Domestic Disturbance
08-11-2009, 10:08 AM
I appreciate the offer but I kind of want to do it myself with some help of a buddy of mine, so that way I will know what I'm doing in the future. Its a shitty time to not have extra money laying around, there's some bushings that need replacing

30lbsboost
08-11-2009, 11:31 AM
I appreciate the offer but I kind of want to do it myself with some help of a buddy of mine, so that way I will know what I'm doing in the future. Its a shitty time to not have extra money laying around, there's some bushings that need replacing

I may not understand you correctly, but there are no bushings in the rearend, unless you mean bushings in the suspension
do you have all the tools to set the rear diff up correctly?? .....just trying to help you(and myself, lol) out, i hope you get it fixed soon

Domestic Disturbance
08-11-2009, 11:29 PM

I may not understand you correctly, but there are no bushings in the rearend, unless you mean bushings in the suspension
do you have all the tools to set the rear diff up correctly?? .....just trying to help you(and myself, lol) out, i hope you get it fixed soon

Was referring to the bushings in my rear suspension, seeing as how it'd be nice to replace those now while the rear end is out.

30lbsboost
08-12-2009, 05:32 PM

Was referring to the bushings in my rear suspension, seeing as how it'd be nice to replace those now while the rear end is out.

lol.....i figured so :biggrin:

I will try to have to snake fixed in time for the 6-speed race and pinks!
we are pulling the engine tomarrow night!
but the clock is ticking and I don't have much time

I need some really good luck right now

69gt4speed
08-13-2009, 11:25 PM
Well here it is..... Says 2009 5/6 speed winner. 24" tall.

30lbsboost
08-14-2009, 10:53 AM
hope im there to get a shot at it!

69gt4speed
08-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Me too. I got rid of my old ones long ago.

30lbsboost
08-15-2009, 03:21 PM
I will be at the 6-speed race and pinks!

......with a few surprises!!

Domestic Disturbance
08-15-2009, 04:41 PM
a miata?

30lbsboost
08-16-2009, 08:25 AM
a miata?

funny :bigthumb:

I'm keepong the surprise's to myself for now :neener:

FiFdYnUtZ
08-16-2009, 01:37 PM
i thought the sign up rules state you must list your car, modifications, etc? ;)

30lbsboost
08-16-2009, 04:31 PM
i thought the sign up rules state you must list your car, modifications, etc? ;)
they will be listed in the next week! ...with pics

69gt4speed
08-17-2009, 11:23 PM

Yes that is correct..... I ordered new tokico struts and this week the dot et street bias ply tires in 17" on replicas. Haven't put on the new jets/ nozzle yet. Still not a drag car. 12# boost. Now if I could shift and car weighed 2.8k that would be a miracle. Be in the bag...

30lbsboost
08-20-2009, 07:49 PM
update on the silver snake....

engine: 350 cu in. new pisons, rods, crank, etc... heads rebuilt, larger injectors
Power adder: 2 stages of nitrous ...powerdyne supercharger is sold
clutch: spec

roll cage

pictures to come soon.

stangvortech
08-21-2009, 10:13 AM
update on the silver snake....

engine: 350 cu in. new pisons, rods, crank, etc... heads rebuilt, larger injectors
Power adder: 2 stages of nitrous ...powerdyne supercharger is sold
clutch: spec

roll cage

pictures to come soon.

sweet!

klimb2xs
08-21-2009, 01:20 PM
It's too bad you sold the powerdyne. I wanted to see what kind of power we could make with it in the car and a good tune. But Roadrunner will be happy to have it in his truck. :supz:

30lbsboost
08-21-2009, 04:52 PM
It's too bad you sold the powerdyne. I wanted to see what kind of power we could make with it in the car and a good tune. But Roadrunner will be happy to have it in his truck. :supz:

hey! you finally got signed on to the board!

kind of funny how well the car did run with a buch of junk I threw together
oh well, we will make more power now :biggrin:

69gt4speed
08-22-2009, 12:35 AM
I got the trophy yesterday. I think it looks fine.

30lbsboost
08-22-2009, 10:57 PM
I got the trophy yesterday. I think it looks fine.

keep in polished for me...ok? (just kidding :bigthumb: )

69gt4speed
08-22-2009, 11:22 PM
It's in the box wrapped in bubble wrap. You realize Trevor, Jesse or whoever that gets in this has a shot. Next thing a time and place. I might talk to B.h. seeing he knows them up there. I'll be over there this week. I also would like to get together sometime soon for a lil bs session.

APPLES355
09-03-2009, 10:53 AM
have you decided on a date for this event to happen. my 7.5 rear didnt like the passes i made at tri-state last weekend so hopefully i can get the 9" in before you have the race.

Guch
09-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Apples- Nice looking Monte. Looked good @ Tri-State. Your diff. take a beating?

APPLES355
09-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Apparently it did and I find it strange because i really wasnt that hard out of the hole with it. oh well here comes a 9" in my near future. Guch is your camaro the one that launched extremely hard with a few feet of air between the ground and your tires!!!!

Guch
09-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Yeah, my car was hooking hard that day. 1.32 60'. Suprised me for a heavy boat.

Scott
09-03-2009, 07:25 PM
yeah it was awesome watching that car pull the wheels as high as it did.. Car was running very hard, theres definetly alot of power waiting to be unleashed in that car..

69gt4speed
09-03-2009, 10:57 PM
I really want you in there Apples. We go a ways back too. It could boil down to cfr, tristate or worse case cordova. It does not matter to me. Whenever a decent test and tune session, now idk if they would allow us in on ford day at cfr but we need a backup date and place in case of bad weather.

If I could get a 1.32 that would be a miracle and booted out.

McKeever
09-04-2009, 10:52 PM
I really want you in there Apples. We go a ways back too. It could boil down to cfr, tristate or worse case cordova. It does not matter to me. Whenever a decent test and tune session, now idk if they would allow us in on ford day at cfr but we need a backup date and place in case of bad weather.

I think October 3rd (Ford Day) at CFR would work. And as a back up date October 11th at TriState.

69gt4speed
09-05-2009, 05:48 AM
Anybody know who to contact on ford day?

30lbsboost
09-11-2009, 07:52 PM
any word yet? can the race be on a sunday? I also would perfer later in the month, I have many bugs to work out of the car by then, thanks

69gt4speed
09-11-2009, 09:24 PM
I called several times this week but no dice, I'll try tommorrow. I was looking around the 26th that's diesel day and rev hard midnight madness, or the 3rd of oct. ford day. Both on sat. I would just like to contact the ford ppl to be able to bring the cars that are running man. runoff up there, whatever brand they are. It should be a small group. They might have a few manual cars wanting to get in also.

30lbsboost
09-15-2009, 07:01 PM
i'm going up to cfr on the 26th to tune my car, takeing off the blower, changing compression, and injector size REALLY screwed up my tune.
I would like to be perpared and run the car hard.

69gt4speed
09-15-2009, 10:57 PM
Well I also contacted the super coupe club, there is a deal at tristate earlville the 11th of oct. Plus test and tune.. That's a sunday of course during the day. Apples355 needs to get his 9" in to do this. I like tristate cause you roll the car down to the line no pushing and breaking crap as happened to me before. I also mentioned they could join up plus our link here. cfr is almost booked up.. guy I talked to wasn't real keen to do it ford day. Dan Driscoll.. never could get him yet. There could be the 24th at cfr I guess but I want to get it done, maybe use that for a backup day.
Rob

30lbsboost
09-16-2009, 05:32 AM
Well I also contacted the super coupe club, there is a deal at tristate earlville the 11th of oct. Plus test and tune.. That's a sunday of course during the day. Apples355 needs to get his 9" in to do this. I like tristate cause you roll the car down to the line no pushing and breaking crap as happened to me before. I also mentioned they could join up plus our link here. cfr is almost booked up.. guy I talked to wasn't real keen to do it ford day. Dan Driscoll.. never could get him yet. There could be the 24th at cfr I guess but I want to get it done, maybe use that for a backup day.
Rob

I vote oct 11!

that should give me and others enuf time to get ready....If nothing else breaks, lol

FiFdYnUtZ
09-16-2009, 10:36 AM
is oct 11th with the sc club when they used to have the iowa club grand prix vs. super couple club of iowa bracket races?

69gt4speed
09-16-2009, 11:22 AM
That's what it says, I was there once at the event, there had other cars also. I used to have the sc guys # but can't find it now. He lived off of wilson ave.

What schedule says
11 Sunday Street Legal / Sport Compact, Test & Tune, GTP / Super Coupe Clash

FiFdYnUtZ
09-16-2009, 12:55 PM
ahh yeah i went to a few of those events...might hafta shoot over to play around if you guys do the event then...

APPLES355
09-16-2009, 01:57 PM
I should be ready by the 11th at tri-state or even the 3rd if you work out a deal for CFR. I have word that the rearend shipped yesterday and should be here thursday. all that is left is to weld all the brackets on the rear and put it in the car. With a little luck i wont have to do anything to the driveshaft.

FiFdynUtZ
i was impressed with how fast your car ran at cfr for the arm drop especially with the parts that you are running being mostly factory.

FiFdYnUtZ
09-16-2009, 02:04 PM
thanks man! we acually had it tore down to the shortblock the monday night before pinks and tuned it that wednesday, it still has some left in it i think and i also picked up some bogart d10 front runners so that should help as well...

Deimos
09-17-2009, 03:14 PM
I think the SC guy's name is Mike.

stangvortech
09-17-2009, 06:24 PM
[quote="30lbsboost"]i'm going up to cfr on the 26th to tune my car, takeing off the blower, changing compression, and injector size REALLY screwed up my tune.quote]

hahahah yea i would have never guessed.....lol you going to take it some where this time for a tune??????

XR4LIFE
09-17-2009, 07:52 PM
i'm going up to cfr on the 26th to tune my car, takeing off the blower, changing compression, and injector size REALLY screwed up my tune.quote]

hahahah yea i would have never guessed.....lol you going to take it some where this time for a tune??????

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha is this a joke?

30lbsboost
09-17-2009, 09:22 PM
i'm going up to cfr on the 26th to tune my car, takeing off the blower, changing compression, and injector size REALLY screwed up my tune.quote]

Sounds to me you think I dont know what im doing with cars
the car did not get tuned last time out...there was no time to tune, we were just lucky ( and glad) to make it to the track!
our new best mph was more than the old setup and the tune was further off, so overall the car is making more hp without the blower and without useing any more nitrous. the 60' and 330' suffered due to other issues with the car.

maybe you can enlighten me on who you are and what car you own.

stangvortech
09-17-2009, 10:24 PM
hahah sorry not trying to be a dick but if it were me I would not have have ran a blower, bigger injectors, differt compression ratio tune with a lot of nitrous on a new motor....... so yes it dose sound to me like you dont know what you are doing. I know you know what you are doing this just sounded really dumb to me.

Im John, with a red mustang I met ya one time at daves/kitchs shop. if you want to race some time I will be happy to.....

69gt4speed
09-17-2009, 11:23 PM
I think the SC guy's name is Mike.

Yes Mike Albee, I plan to go to his monthly meeting on sat. talk shop. I met him way back in bee bop days. I found his # but I like doing it in person if possible, might get some more fords to join in. Pretty slim right now. Thanks anyhow, I appreciate it.

You have that red car done now John? I have the weekend off... going to mount the et streets up for a lil testing on my turd. Course that means nothing really compared to track, I've always been disappointed I could never hook at track. Hop, spin or both. Last time I forgot and had 29# in the dr m/t rear tires. Still it ran better than I figured on that one run. Let off completely right away on launch and 1/2 shift.

30lbsboost
09-18-2009, 05:50 AM
hahah sorry not trying to be a dick but if it were me I would not have have ran a blower, bigger injectors, differt compression ratio tune with a lot of nitrous on a new motor....... so yes it dose sound to me like you dont know what you are doing. I know you know what you are doing this just sounded really dumb to me.

Im John, with a red mustang I met ya one time at daves/kitchs shop. if you want to race some time I will be happy to.....

people change engine combos all the time!
to get your facts straight.......I took the blower OFF....changed the comp ratio, changed to larger injectors, I can spray ALOT of nitrous....But I only sprayed a little.
We did not try to run the car hard.....we were just breaking in the new engine and playing around
I think I remember you...Are you the one that has the V6 mustang with the vortec blower?

Your on for a race

Jappbox
09-18-2009, 06:15 AM
You can not tune a Fuel injected car without a wideband. Period. come one its like $200.

Mufflover
09-18-2009, 07:36 AM
who in the hell would try to tune with out a wide band? must be a bigger retard then tinty.

snickerlicker
09-18-2009, 10:03 AM
I thought u always called him tinynutz.....

XR4LIFE
09-18-2009, 10:24 AM

people change engine combos all the time!
to get your facts straight.......I took the blower OFF....changed the comp ratio, changed to larger injectors, I can spray ALOT of nitrous....But I only sprayed a little.
We did not try to run the car hard.....we were just breaking in the new engine and playing around
I think I remember you...Are you the one that has the V6 mustang with the vortec blower?

Your on for a race

Yes it had a vortech supercharger on it last year....

black88gt
09-18-2009, 10:41 AM
Your on for a race

Yes it had a vortech supercharger on it last year....[/quote]

v6 powaaaaaaaaa

stangvortech
09-18-2009, 10:54 AM
Hey Rob, I had two injectors crap out on me. It is getting tuned some time this comming week when they come in. I will give ya call when it is done.

I was just figuring you we spraying a lot with parachute on there and that back fire was nasty for a little nitrous?????? I gues most lt1s dont need a parachute with a little nitrous....... I was just surpised some would not get a tune with changing that much stuff or not have a wideband to see what is going on either. I dont have a v6 any more.....

30lbsboost
09-18-2009, 11:16 AM
Hey Rob, I had two injectors crap out on me. It is getting tuned some time this comming week when they come in. I will give ya call when it is done.

I was just figuring you we spraying a lot with parachute on there and that back fire was nasty for a little nitrous?????? I gues most lt1s dont need a parachute with a little nitrous....... I was just surpised some would not get a tune with changing that much stuff or not have a wideband to see what is going on either. I dont have a v6 any more.....

Can guys you not fucking read?
After breaking the car at tristate, and fixing again there was no more time!
We were happy to be there, peroid!
- I can spray a lot, and will when the car is ready, not until then. The car will need the chute then.

A wideband is better, but an efi car can be tuned with logging data from the o2s block learns, map, and maf and other sensors.
Its not impossible. Like you guys think,

Keep talking shit everyone, I love it! Its going to make you all look stupid when we get the car dailed in

69gt4speed
09-18-2009, 11:26 AM
I dont have a v6 any more.....

That's true.... Ppl never read my comments.... quote: It ought to be a snake eater... Some ppl around here besides me mention snake cars. I like it when someone jumps on a sure thing, picking on a 6# stock block v6. Just saying....lol... some stuff never changes...

FiFdYnUtZ
09-18-2009, 11:52 AM

- I can spray a lot, and will when the car is ready, not until then. The car will need the chute then.

A wideband is better, but an efi car can be tuned with logging data from the o2s block learns, map, and maf and other sensors.

Keep talking shit everyone, I love it! Its going to make you all look stupid when we get the car dailed in

im in now way trying to fuel the fire because i think your a good guy scott but you are BLINDLY tuning without a wideband, its wrong and not possible at your level of a motor to make that thing run like it should, that was probably obvious to you at pinks...
and you WILL NOT be needing that chute on that car, what is the chute mph? 150-160mph? come on dude...

FiFdYnUtZ
09-18-2009, 11:54 AM
and the talking shit comment, i personally am not but i would think you would back down a bit after you talked ALLLLLLLL that shit to EVERYone and showed up to pinks and ran 14's 13's whatever and couldnt touch my stocker ls1...get it "dialed in" and i will gladly race you on the street anytime anywhere....

FiFdYnUtZ
09-18-2009, 12:00 PM
and snickerlicker, do you folllow faglover around on here? you have a post riiight under his almost every time he posts...hmmm

klimb2xs
09-18-2009, 12:09 PM
So everyone is bitching because we are not using a wideband to tune with. BFD... As long as you know how to read the data from the sensors you can do without. But I guess some ppl just need the training wheels to get a EFI tuned.

I would like to see any of you do what we did. We overcame 2 major failures in 3 weeks and we still made it to the track. All on a budget.

Mufflover
09-18-2009, 12:25 PM
and snickerlicker, do you folllow faglover around on here? you have a post riiight under his almost every time he posts...hmmm

I have a feeling he post after me casue he thinks your a fucking pussy to.lol

69gt4speed
09-18-2009, 01:03 PM
So everyone is bitching because we are not using a wideband to tune with. BFD... As long as you know how to read the data from the sensors you can do without. But I guess some ppl just need the training wheels to get a EFI tuned.

I would like to see any of you do what we did. We overcame 2 major failures in 3 weeks and we still made it to the track. All on a budget.

I'm not bitching, your car, do what you want to do. Just funny you 2 thought a v6 when it is not, all I'm saying. When apples and or trevor beats our azzes, well then I'll give them the trophy.

stangvortech
09-18-2009, 01:08 PM
im in now way trying to fuel the fire because i think your a good guy scott but you are BLINDLY tuning without a wideband, its wrong and not possible at your level of a motor to make that thing run like it should, that was probably obvious to you at pinks...
and you WILL NOT be needing that chute on that car, what is the chute mph? 150-160mph? come on dude...[/quote]

and the talking shit comment, i personally am not but i would think you would back down a bit after you talked ALLLLLLLL that shit to EVERYone and showed up to pinks and ran 14's 13's whatever and couldnt touch my stocker ls1...get it "dialed in" and i will gladly race you on the street anytime anywhere....

I agree with all this.......

no I just find it dumb that NO tuning was done at all......

Keep talking shit everyone, I love it! Its going to make you all look stupid when we get the car dailed in[/quote]

I'm just saying that it looked dumb to see a car with a parachute that was running stock times. Then I see there was no tuning so that explaines a lot and why. So what do you think it going to run then I dont see it make it much past 10's high 9's? I guess if my car is done next week we will have to see who will look stupid?lol Im not tring to talk shit I just got a good laugh out of no tuning and running at the track. I have noting against you or anything.......

FiFdYnUtZ
09-18-2009, 01:15 PM

that statement is ignorant and wrong in every way, please explain to me how you dial in your air fuels? training wheels? you think everyone who is going faster then 13's with efi uses training wheels? because EVERYONE is...aside from you guys...that is HOW you properly tune an efi car, and is particularly essential when you are spraying along with a realtime wideband gauge so you can see if you are going lean or not spraying...you guys do what you want but after how many blown motors i would think you would wonder what the deal is..

and i had my car down to the bare shortblock monday night and TUNED wednesday and went over 2 seconds faster NA....for FAR less money ;)

again im not trying to hate because i like you guys but these comments are just flat out wrong..we are more trying to help you than anything else...

Domestic Disturbance
09-18-2009, 03:58 PM
I like drag racing, beer, and tits. No one can dispute my comment

FiFdYnUtZ
09-18-2009, 03:59 PM
true that!

30lbsboost
09-18-2009, 04:38 PM

I don't recall talking ANY shit, we hurried to put a car together...made it just in time to put it on the trailer.
We DID brag about do ALLLLLLL That work in a short time period!

you really think your faster, huh .........I'll take you up on the race, but like before it will have to take place at the track, And we can do it for cash if you like

30lbsboost
09-18-2009, 04:56 PM

that statement is ignorant and wrong in every way, please explain to me how you dial in your air fuels? training wheels? you think everyone who is going faster then 13's with efi uses training wheels? because EVERYONE is...aside from you guys...that is HOW you properly tune an efi car, and is particularly essential when you are spraying along with a realtime wideband gauge so you can see if you are going lean or not spraying...you guys do what you want but after how many blown motors i would think you would wonder what the deal is..

and i had my car down to the bare shortblock monday night and TUNED wednesday and went over 2 seconds faster NA....for FAR less money ;)

again im not trying to hate because i like you guys but these comments are just flat out wrong..we are more trying to help you than anything else...

YOU DID NOT GO OVER 2SECS faster>>>>>THAT IS A LIE!!!!! I still have my time slips, care to bet money on this one??????????

I garentee I have less in my car total than your do!

my car was backtogether that wendsday night into thursday morning at 4am!! I went to bed for 2 hrs got up and went to work>>>>there was no time...PERIOD!!!

YOU FUCKERS think Im so stupid, huh?
Any of you care to share your automotive cradentials with everyone??
I garentee I have more certifications and training than everyone whos bitching combined!!

you guys keep saying your not trying to hate, but I'm feel im being insulted .....and its really pisssing me off

stangvortech
09-18-2009, 05:59 PM
YOU DID NOT GO OVER 2SECS faster>>>>>THAT IS A LIE!!!!! I still have my time slips, care to bet money on this one??????????

my car was backtogether that wendsday night into thursday morning at 4am!! I went to bed for 2 hrs got up and went to work>>>>there was no time...PERIOD!!!

I garentee I have more certifications and training than everyone whos bitching combined!!

you guys keep saying your not trying to hate, but I'm feel im being insulted .....and its really pisssing me off[/quote]

I don't think you are stupid I just think you did a stupid thing. lol Take it easy and take a chill pill. I did not know you need certifications to build a car. Im getting "certified" in other things things right now.......

30lbsboost
09-18-2009, 06:22 PM

you guys keep saying your not trying to hate, but I'm feel im being insulted .....and its really pisssing me off

I don't think you are stupid I just think you did a stupid thing. lol Take it easy and take a chill pill. I did not know you need certifications to build a car. Im getting "certified" in other things things right now.......[/quote]

man you really need to give me a break, if you read back some ..."we were just glad to be there"

you dont need certs to build a car... I was simpley stating I know more about cars.........period.
we were just trying to have some fun with this car this year, now everything just changed

stop jerking my fuckin chain!

FiFdYnUtZ
09-18-2009, 06:34 PM
why are you offended? and why are you trying to prove to us that you know more then us? thats a pretty moot point when you know we are absolutely right about whats being discussed, if we were wrong you car would of ran what it should...if your going to be a dick then i could sit here and tell you a lot shit you wouldnt like but im trying to be non-offensive to you and help you out...but i guess we are too stupid for mr. certification so he cant listen to any advice we have to give!

30lbsboost
09-18-2009, 06:53 PM
why are you offended? and why are you trying to prove to us that you know more then us? thats a pretty moot point when you know we are absolutely right about whats being discussed, if we were wrong you car would of ran what it should...if your going to be a dick then i could sit here and tell you a lot shit you wouldnt like but im trying to be non-offensive to you and help you out...but i guess we are too stupid for mr. certification so he cant listen to any advice we have to give!

what part of "there was no time to tune" do you not understand??, I've been building f-bodies since 1994...and I don't recall asking for any help

We were not out to win at arm drop, we just wanted to go, .........why do you guys have a problem with that?

DustinsDuster
09-19-2009, 08:24 AM
accidentally moved the whole thread when i meant to just delete the spam post. sorry for the inconvenience.

APPLES355
09-28-2009, 12:28 PM
I really never understand why people will talk shit to people when it truely is none of their business. Is it because you feel you need to state your opinion to make yourself seem smarter, but then you make yourself sound like an ass because you dont read their whole post to understand what it actually means or you leave out certain things to make you case solid. Scott specifically stated that he pulled logging data from O2 and other sensors for the information he need to determine if it runs rich/lean. what do you think a air/fuel ratio gauge does? it pulls info from just your O2 and converts it to a language you can understand easily. If scott knows what the logging data means why the hell does he need an air/fuel gauge? Just because its in a easy to read display right in front of you with no thinking involved. yeah he had some tough luck that day, but all of us do at some point. I know i wouldnt be able to pull off fixing his car like he did and you know what i hope a kicks all of our asses at the stick event just to prove a point.

If it make you feel better I tune my car using an even more old fashion way of tuning without any gauges. i know what my motor can take for timing and adjust the carb to match. I also know that carbs are a whole different ball game, but all motors work off the same principle sensors or not. I would bet you right now that my car runs slightly rich! damn.

FiFdYnUtZ
09-28-2009, 01:45 PM
no i dont think you understand that we are talking about.. a wideband o2 sensor vs. his narrowband setup, its a guessing game with a narrowband and is absolutely wrong to do...hense why the car doesnt run right

FiFdYnUtZ
09-28-2009, 01:50 PM

what part of "there was no time to tune" do you not understand??, I've been building f-bodies since 1994...and I don't recall asking for any help

We were not out to win at arm drop, we just wanted to go, .........why do you guys have a problem with that?

i have no problem with that but running a car untuned is just foolish...and i could care less how long you have been building fbodies because from what i have seen not one of your cars has run what it should...and as for having less money in your car, you are sadly mistaken because i bought my car TOTALLED and completely rebuilt it myself, i would be willing to bet you have more in your engine then i do in MY whole setup ;)

i really did like you scott but your acting like a straight jackass on here...im done giving you any advice or even discussing the matter because your ignorance gives me a f*cking headache...

APPLES355
09-28-2009, 02:06 PM
I didnt realize that LT1 cars use a narrow band setup. I could have sworn they use Wideband!!!! I will look into that and make sure your not jerking my chain!

FiFdYnUtZ
09-28-2009, 02:18 PM
very few cars have a wideband from the factory, they are usually aftermarket sensors and controllers that you can either log into your tuning software/laptop or hook up to a gauge..

30lbsboost
09-28-2009, 02:25 PM
I really never understand why people will talk shit to people when it truely is none of their business. Is it because you feel you need to state your opinion to make yourself seem smarter, but then you make yourself sound like an ass because you dont read their whole post to understand what it actually means or you leave out certain things to make you case solid. Scott specifically stated that he pulled logging data from O2 and other sensors for the information he need to determine if it runs rich/lean. what do you think a air/fuel ratio gauge does? it pulls info from just your O2 and converts it to a language you can understand easily. If scott knows what the logging data means why the hell does he need an air/fuel gauge? Just because its in a easy to read display right in front of you with no thinking involved. yeah he had some tough luck that day, but all of us do at some point. I know i wouldnt be able to pull off fixing his car like he did and you know what i hope a kicks all of our asses at the stick event just to prove a point.

If it make you feel better I tune my car using an even more old fashion way of tuning without any gauges. i know what my motor can take for timing and adjust the carb to match. I also know that carbs are a whole different ball game, but all motors work off the same principle sensors or not. I would bet you right now that my car runs slightly rich! damn.

t

APPLES355
09-28-2009, 02:26 PM
You are correct about coming from factory with narrow band on his LT1, but i also found that using his methods of tuning it is possible to get the car extremely close with a lot of work by means of collecting the logging data. oh well none of my business anyway!

30lbsboost
09-28-2009, 02:28 PM

thank you for reading all of my post

30lbsboost
09-28-2009, 02:30 PM
You are correct about coming from factory with narrow band on his LT1, but i also found that using his methods of tuning it is possible to get the car extremely close with a lot of work by means of collecting the logging data. oh well none of my business anyway!

THANKS AGAIN! :bigthumb:

30lbsboost
09-28-2009, 03:45 PM
fifdy...

If you dont like me, thats fine. But to prove a point, know this I have been faster than you and have built faster cars (for myself and others)

Myself, my wife and my "crew" are sick and tired of this crap. We took a flooded out car and made it run... and the last setup was faster than your car......And I SHUT IT DOWN THE LAST 400FT!!!! we have time slips, and vid of the runs, and the last engine did not have a full tune. And for the record the bearings went out of it(120k miles + the flood on the short block)
Apples is correct, the next time, I will kick your ass on the track just to prove a point to everyone!
You MIGHT beat my wifes car...it would be funny to see a girl beat you..lol! You cant beat my dads car....you would be a fool to think so! you cant beat my car...either!
Also just to prove a point now i'm putting somthing new together, somthing you dont know about> it will be ready for the 2010 season.......you wont beat it either!

THERE IS NOW A GOOD CHANCE WE WILL NOT show up at the 6-speed race, becouse of all of the shit talk. I do not want to give anyone else a chance to talk anymore shit.
we will return next year ...... now stand back before I crush you with my wallet!!!!!! Since your not very fast at understanding things .....translation..."I will build an amazing car you cant even come close to"

get ready to put your money where your big mouth is!!

FiFdYnUtZ
09-28-2009, 04:07 PM
lmao go cry somewhere else, im running a stock casting cam only car and your supercharged/sprayed shit barely beat it at one time, i am not impressed with any of your cars...

go ahead, waste some more money to go 11's to prove to me on the internet that your a better man...insecure much?

and i'll put my money where my mouth is ANYTIME ANYWHERE RIGHT NOW because i know it will take you 10 passes before you get a clean one, all i need is 1 ;) wanna settle it at the 6speed shootout then hook up some more untuned spray and bring your chute because im about to embarass you and your wifes car with a little baby stocker with a WIDEBAND

FiFdYnUtZ
09-28-2009, 04:10 PM

yeah but i cant imageine they did any work to it when he said they used the same tune from the supercharged setup on the NA spray setup :goodman:

FiFdYnUtZ
09-28-2009, 04:20 PM
and i also like how your saying your the big man with all the shit youve built and how fast youve gone and how your super secret project that is to "prove a point" is going to decimate all, i will remind you that i know a lot of people with cars that even super scott would shit all over the seat if you took a ride...ive done my best to keep the shit talking to a minimum but when you act like you are its hard to resist...

30lbsboost
09-28-2009, 04:31 PM
lmao go cry somewhere else, im running a stock casting cam only car and your supercharged/sprayed shit barely beat it at one time, i am not impressed with any of your cars...

go ahead, waste some more money to go 11's to prove to me on the internet that your a better man...insecure much?

and i'll put my money where my mouth is ANYTIME ANYWHERE RIGHT NOW because i know it will take you 10 passes before you get a clean one, all i need is 1 ;) wanna settle it at the 6speed shootout then hook up some more untuned spray and bring your chute because im about to embarass you and your wifes car with a little baby stocker with a WIDEBAND

how much money do you have to loose??????????
come on make it worth my wile

30lbsboost
09-28-2009, 04:39 PM

yeah but i cant imageine they did any work to it when he said they used the same tune from the supercharged setup on the NA spray setup :goodman:

again you dont know your ass from a hole in the ground it was a n/a tune I had used on the OLD engine
your talking about things without the facts

FiFdYnUtZ
09-28-2009, 04:44 PM
i'm going up to cfr on the 26th to tune my car, takeing off the blower, changing compression, and injector size REALLY screwed up my tune.

^^^ really?

now which car are we talking about? you wifes "undefeated" street racer or the parachute car? i think $100 sounds about right since you can buy a nice used wideband for that much :banghead:

30lbsboost
09-28-2009, 04:53 PM
and i also like how your saying your the big man with all the shit youve built and how fast youve gone and how your super secret project that is to "prove a point" is going to decimate all, i will remind you that i know a lot of people with cars that even super scott would shit all over the seat if you took a ride...ive done my best to keep the shit talking to a minimum but when you act like you are its hard to resist...

Funny how you need to talk about other peoples cars. I dont need to "decimate all" just your car, and anyone else who trys to step on my dick, for no reason at all.

You have done a piss poor job of keeping the shit talking to a minimum.....either way im still faster than youve been! :butthead:

30lbsboost
09-28-2009, 05:03 PM

^^^ really?

now which car are we talking about? you wifes "undefeated" street racer or the parachute car? i think $100 sounds about right since you can buy a nice used wideband for that much :banghead:

lol!!!!!! a hundred bucks.....you have to be joking it better be ALOT more than that,
fuel for the truck, car, getting into the track >> not worth it

could be the wifes car, could be mine lets get some REAL cash out first.....I want to teach you a lesson youll never forget.
I take it your scared of the procharged 93z hahaha! :biggrin:

FiFdYnUtZ
09-28-2009, 05:08 PM
lol i really hope you feel good about that...im 19 and in college, i would expect someone with a decent income and 4 cars to have enough money to beat an 11 sec stocker TA at some time, but for now, what about our race? $100 enough for you? 1 no bs 1/4 pass right off the trailer (or in my case when i get there because im driving the car there) no shakedowns, no bullshit...get it ready and bring it

if you go back and read everything i was just trying to help you and you snap back at me with how you better then everyone and dont need any advice blah blah so i told you the truth...im not going to let your bullheaded self get the best of me...im in no way wanting a war with you because i enjoy getting along with every much better then this but you ignorant comments make me grit my teeth a bit...

FiFdYnUtZ
09-28-2009, 05:10 PM
lol so now your too good to make an "easy" $100? lol im not going to deal with your bs, just forget it and i wish you the best of luck...

FiFdYnUtZ
09-28-2009, 05:12 PM
and all those expenses are already going to be there because your going to the 6speed race anyway...and im not afraid of the "fastest 6speed in cr" because i dont care, none of it has any times to back anything up anyway...

StreetSweeper
09-28-2009, 05:36 PM
Mann fuck this shit! im tired of hearing all the bull shit.... Scott no hard feelings but your parachute "FLOOD" car was and is such a joke even rich christienson gave you a nick name! I will race anything you wanna bring, ill blow the paint off your dads car your moms car and your brothers car i dont give a shit! i wasnt going to say anything but im tired of hearing your excuses and your fucken with a good buddy of mine! Trying not to be a dick but enough is enough!..

This Saturday night bring your parachute boy car your wifes car your sisters step dads car or what ever you want and ill personaly put up $500 on Fiddys car, :supz: on the street since all the tracks are booked up this weekand. Here it is put up or shut up NO EXCUSES!

30lbsboost
09-28-2009, 05:37 PM
100 bucks is a joke!! "im only 19 and in college" bla,bla,bla you told me "anywhere, anytime, you would emabrass me" cry me a river!!.....if you cant back it up then shut your mouth.

many people have read this thread and dont see it the way you do, i dont see it the way you do..... maybe you should change schools, becouse you have not learned to read everything in this thread.
You should open your mind and learn there is more than one way to skin a cat ...aka your way of doing things may not be the way everyone else has to do.
normally Im a decent guy but i feel you and others have keeped pushing me and insulting me, and so this is what you get.

FiFdYnUtZ
09-28-2009, 05:40 PM
cant back what up? my bank account? ive offered to race you several times and NOW its not worth your time? no one on here was backing you up, apples was stating facts as well and maybe telling us to lay off, but from what ive seen everyone knows your wrong

and skinning a cat eh? theres no other way to tune that the right way, and narrowband guesstimates will have you back at the engine shop before you can flip a middle finger..

StreetSweeper
09-28-2009, 05:41 PM
and if you thinkt thats a joke name your PRICE!!! Im only 20 and i aint skerrd to play your game!

30lbsboost
09-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Mann fuck this shit! im tired of hearing all the bull shit.... Scott no hard feelings but your parachute "FLOOD" car was and is such a joke even rich christienson gave you a nick name! I will race anything you wanna bring, ill blow the paint off your dads car your moms car and your brothers car i dont give a shit! i wasnt going to say anything but im tired of hearing your excuses and your fucken with a good buddy of mine! Trying not to be a dick but enough is enough!..

This Saturday night bring your parachute boy car your wifes car your sisters step dads car or what ever you want and ill personaly put up $500 on Fiddys car, :supz: on the street since all the tracks are booked up this weekand. Here it is put up or shut up NO EXCUSES!

george, you know I WILL NOT RACE ON THE STREET, those days are long over for me. call it an excuse if you will, but i have my reasons.

I know hes a good friend of yours, but this is OUR arguement...and you getting into it pry wont make it any better

30lbsboost
09-28-2009, 05:49 PM
and if you thinkt thats a joke name your PRICE!!! Im only 20 and i aint skerrd to play your game!

come on george, this is not helping anything

StreetSweeper
09-28-2009, 05:52 PM
Thats fine! Lets go Friday OCT 2nd friday fun night at CFR $500 you wanna lock up some punk out money? enough is enough lock it or bust and STFU!

30lbsboost
09-28-2009, 05:56 PM
Thats fine! Lets go Friday OCT 2nd friday fun night at CFR $500 you wanna lock up some punk out money? enough is enough lock it or bust and STFU!

against who fifty or are you now in the mix?

StreetSweeper
09-28-2009, 05:57 PM
Fiddys car!

stangvortech
09-28-2009, 06:28 PM
fifdy...

If you dont like me, thats fine. But to prove a point, know this I have been faster than you and have built faster cars (for myself and others)

Myself, my wife and my "crew" are sick and tired of this crap. We took a flooded out car and made it run... and the last setup was faster than your car......And I SHUT IT DOWN THE LAST 400FT!!!! we have time slips, and vid of the runs, and the last engine did not have a full tune. And for the record the bearings went out of it(120k miles + the flood on the short block)
Apples is correct, the next time, I will kick your ass on the track just to prove a point to everyone!
You MIGHT beat my wifes car...it would be funny to see a girl beat you..lol! You cant beat my dads car....you would be a fool to think so! you cant beat my car...either!
Also just to prove a point now i'm putting somthing new together, somthing you dont know about> it will be ready for the 2010 season.......you wont beat it either!

THERE IS NOW A GOOD CHANCE WE WILL NOT show up at the 6-speed race, becouse of all of the shit talk. I do not want to give anyone else a chance to talk anymore shit.
we will return next year ...... now stand back before I crush you with my wallet!!!!!! Since your not very fast at understanding things .....translation..."I will build an amazing car you cant even come close to"

get ready to put your money where your big mouth is!!

hahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhah
I think Scotty is going to cry........lol now he dose not want to show up at the 5-6 speed race... becasue we are shit talkers..... ooo no dont do mods your not going to tell us about....HAHAHAHA So what is the fastest you have been? and my lord what dose your dads car run?????? why wont you run on the street? FiFdYnUtZ blow scotty away so he will calm down..........

30lbsboost
09-28-2009, 07:07 PM
stangvortech .........fuck you asshole

the 5-6 speed race was to be for fun, now its not....plain and simple
I will not race on the street, if somthing happens aka and accident..ect I have too much to loose

george, hang on to your money, to me $500.00 is not a shit load of money..... im not very happy with fifty at the moment, I like you and if this goes down with you in the mix, im afraid you and i may end up not getting along, and i dont want that.

this thread has turned very ugly, and is not getting any better, its gone on far too long on both sides
this is my last post on this issue
-rant over-

StreetSweeper
09-28-2009, 07:27 PM
THANK YOU VERY MUCH! EEENUF SAID! :Hangman:

FiFdYnUtZ
09-28-2009, 07:49 PM
hahaa

Domestic Disturbance
09-28-2009, 08:22 PM
Anyone, anytime, anywhere. Thats how the big dogs roll.

OldSkoolRCR
09-28-2009, 08:32 PM
WTF... rant off? what am I going to read while eating my dinner...DAM IT!!!lol

Deimos
09-28-2009, 08:45 PM
I race all of you with my loud ass Mazda/ You better watch out I got 60 horsepower and all of them are pissed off.

stangvortech
09-28-2009, 08:50 PM
hahahaha............... :rolleyes: what is your fastest pass then? what is the fastest your dads car has gone? BTW Im not a asshole....... :heart:

XR4LIFE
09-28-2009, 08:52 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i don't even know what to say all I can do is laugh

black88gt
09-28-2009, 10:51 PM
so i take it this isnt happening?

Domestic Disturbance
09-28-2009, 11:15 PM
so i take it this isnt happening?
sorry to cut you off I just wanted to say THAT MY CAR IS ONE OF THE FASTEST CARS ON THE STREETS OF ALL TIME
/kanyewestrant

69gt4speed
09-29-2009, 12:28 AM
Yea d/d vs my hoveround.... it's on ppl and for a trophy we do it oct 11th at earlville, autos might be ticked off. What can I say what deal you might have auto vs manual is a different deal than this. I've got a trophy and will give it out manual vs manual. No big deal. Calm down it's for fun seriously. We can do it each yr. Sign up do it.. chips fall as they may. I just took up 30# challenge of fastest manual 6 speed in c.r. and he said xxx. So we all try it I thought, that is the deal. I think 30# might have his hands full.

FiFdYnUtZ
09-29-2009, 12:01 PM
i think hes going home with his tail between his legs...better bring a blackberry so you can change your sig riiiight away...

APPLES355
09-29-2009, 01:46 PM
Not to defend anyone, but since you want to drag this BS on I have a few questions. You say that you bought and rebuilt a wrecked TA. Are you sure you didnt have your uncle that owns eastside help you fix that thing up? I mean you have to have some sort of resources to fix something if it is truely totalled. I have been looking for a wreck LS1 car and usually they arent pretty. Also very few "college students" are able to build something that runs good without some sort of help be it rich family or something illegal. I also love when a person states that they do something on just a stock block with a cam. there is a big difference when comparing a LS1 and a traditional SBC. A LS1 being stock could beat a stock LT1 in and identical car everytime due to its technology. A SBC stock is a turd and isnt really that efficient of an air pump. The LS1 is not perfect but it's leaps and bounds ahead of the LT1. Hell i would bet that your cammed stocker would be close to my 406 in what it would run down the track. I hate racing with BFG KDW tires! How about you let it go!

FiFdYnUtZ
09-29-2009, 04:10 PM
well mr. make shit the fuck up i will have you know i did everything to my car and i have process pics and everything else, ask my uncle or ANYone at the shop i did it alone in 3 weeks pulling all nighters every night and busting my ass, knuckles, and mentality, i have been doing bodywork since i was 13 and have done numerous paint jobs/airbrush work for people on this board, they can all attest to my car....i have worked at the shop since i was 12 and saved a lot of money also with on the side tail tinting and paint work to fund my car, so next time you feel like making asinine suggestions that insult my hard work, go fuck yourself, that was about the most disrespectful thing someone could say to me after everything i have done to get where i am today...

StreetSweeper
09-29-2009, 04:23 PM
Apples man, u have no idea what that kid has been threw not to mention he has painted numerious things for me my hood deans hood our 8 second busa. I can vouge for the work on that ta. If u need paint work hit him up don't hate

30lbsboost
09-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Apples man, u have no idea what that kid has been threw not to mention he has painted numerious things for me my hood deans hood our 8 second busa. I can vouge for the work on that ta. If u need paint work hit him up don't hate

I was not going to post on this again, but against my better judgement i'm going to anyway.

george, the part above where your said "you have know idea what this kid has been threw" is why im posting again. it looks like fifty feels very insulted from apples after all the hard work he put into his firebird ....I understand that, more than you can imagine.
Now for a moment guys put youselfs in my shoes.

I took a flood car and brought it back to life, and made it run in the 11's on the worn out stock short block... i consider that a great victory. I busted my ass cleaning, fixing, and avoiding the big ass snake that wanted to keep it is home in the car! and from time to time the car decides to create new problems, that I again fix.
When the bearings finally went in the engine, myself and some friends rebuilt the car, with some changes, broke it a week before arm drop, and yet fixed it again......just making it to arm drop was a victory to us.
so rich poked a little fun a the parachute.....big deal. when I get the car to run the numbers, its already on the car, and I will use us it when its time.
I dropped the compression down with the idea of running alot of boost next year, i knew i would loose some power, but not as much as i really did! .....a miscalcutation or preplanning?? ...you decide

so when you guys trash me and my work, it does not feel good.

to fifty.......
I'm not afriad to race your car, infact i have a good enuf tune right now and the car is consistant enuf aswell, but with low compression I will need the spray the fuck out of it to win. to make you aware its already been 12.2@120.63mph(new motor) on 1 kit with a bad tune, again its a low compression motor. you do the math ...120mph is enuf for an 11.0et with a good 60' dont forget there is a 2nd stage.
no disrespect to you buy saying this, ok?

guys we can keep this going or stop it now...... your choice

DustinsDuster
09-29-2009, 05:47 PM
from an outsiders point of view, id like to say i can see light at both ends of the tunnel here. i can totally see why fifdy would feel insulted(been there). i know he has paid his dues, but then, dont you think Scott(30lbs) has paid his over the years as well? sometimes people go about doing their own way, and just because its not the path the majority takes doesnt mean it's wrong. people need to learn on their own curve.

i can also see Apples' skepticism, because lets face it, theres a lot of people out there who talk shit on the work someone else did for them, and if you dont know the person, its easy to assume someone is just another nut swinger. hell, look at the army of kids who used to follow Jesse around and worship the ground he walked on.

in the end, im pretty good friends with everyone in this argument, and i think if everyone were talking face to face, and knew a little background on the topics, everyone would get along fine. the internet has a strange habit of muddling things all up...

StreetSweeper
09-29-2009, 06:43 PM
Scott,

I never said you didnt deserve props for making a flood car run again! Hands down im happy for ya. But I remember back when we were working the bugs out of my car and i was having suspension issues, u sent me a pm wanting to help, no offense but i am hands down glad i didnt except your help after seeing your shit run. Ever since Arm drop live i cant count on two hands how many conversations i have heard about "parachute boy", when ever i heard this shit i would allways say, "man you no what, i feel for him and i don't". One,you really are trying and you do mean well, it's just ur doing shit 150% ass fucking backwards. I mean every passs you make you have some excuse why it didnt go down the track and you say, "it went 118 though!" I feel for you man but come on! this is not 1978 we don't tune EFI cars with the lick of our thumbs! IDK what the fuck your reading but you must be in the wrong forums and reading the wrong magazines! I could tell you plenty to do to your car to get the fucken car down the track and get some numbers but why? you sit on here and talk shit to my buddys when i MYSELF will put money up for them to shut you up. Go ahead spray that second third or fourth stage I will stilll put up what ever you want and i am really confadent he has you covered! I wouldnt give you so much shit but i think everyone has had enough of the "SHOULDA, WOULDA, COULDA, flood car" Maybe you should stop acting like you know everything and start being humble and taking advice from people that are running well.. And im not going to say i havent talked my fair share of shit cause everyone on this board knows i have, but they will allso tell you that i have become a little more humble about my shit!

So take it how you want to no hard feelings, but my offer still stands for this Friday night if you would like?

Deimos
09-29-2009, 06:51 PM
I agree with Dustin whole-heartedly

FiFdYnUtZ
09-29-2009, 06:51 PM
absolutely x2millionbagillion agreed..(george and dustin)

Deimos
09-29-2009, 06:58 PM
I'm just sad no one wants to race my mazda.

FiFdYnUtZ
09-29-2009, 07:00 PM
i have a $300 5-speed cavailer i'll race your ass with! but im kinda afraid my wheels would fall of from all the torque!

Deimos
09-29-2009, 07:06 PM
I have a ball joint going out, so that might actually happen if we race.

FiFdYnUtZ
09-29-2009, 07:10 PM
yeah my car has a pretty "loose" feel to it as well, but i still love it..

30lbsboost
09-29-2009, 07:39 PM
Scott,

I never said you didnt deserve props for making a flood car run again! Hands down im happy for ya. But I remember back when we were working the bugs out of my car and i was having suspension issues, u sent me a pm wanting to help, no offense but i am hands down glad i didnt except your help after seeing your shit run. Ever since Arm drop live i cant count on two hands how many conversations i have heard about "parachute boy", when ever i heard this shit i would allways say, "man you no what, i feel for him and i don't". One,you really are trying and you do mean well, it's just ur doing shit 150% ass fucking backwards. I mean every passs you make you have some excuse why it didnt go down the track and you say, "it went 118 though!" I feel for you man but come on! this is not 1978 we don't tune EFI cars with the lick of our thumbs! IDK what the fuck your reading but you must be in the wrong forums and reading the wrong magazines! I could tell you plenty to do to your car to get the fucken car down the track and get some numbers but why? you sit on here and talk shit to my buddys when i MYSELF will put money up for them to shut you up. Go ahead spray that second third or fourth stage I will stilll put up what ever you want and i am really confadent he has you covered! I wouldnt give you so much shit but i think everyone has had enough of the "SHOULDA, WOULDA, COULDA, flood car" Maybe you should stop acting like you know everything and start being humble and taking advice from people that are running well.. And im not going to say i havent talked my fair share of shit cause everyone on this board knows i have, but they will allso tell you that i have become a little more humble about my shit!

So take it how you want to no hard feelings, but my offer still stands for this Friday night if you would like?

george you have taken the "parachure boy" thing too far man you know what we went threw to get there, and i'm not explaining again

and what makes you an expert anyway??? does buying a prebuilt car make you an expert, does paying for someone to tune your car make you an expert? tweaking a good prebuilt car should be easy...is this info correct? becouse thats what people tell me about your car.

I dont tune with a lick of the thumbs, i log data, i can read the data....can you?

again, i like you but you keep comming after me, so im going to came back at you

if its a war you want with me, then thats what it will be......I hope not, but i feel its on that path.

FiFdYnUtZ
09-29-2009, 08:06 PM
oh boy, i dont even think you understand what you just started...you dont know ed and george very well do you?

OldSkoolRCR
09-29-2009, 08:11 PM
I am not getting into this, but "Prebuilt Car" :roll: ? when we got this car it ran 11.40s N/A and 10.28 on the 150hit w/ 1.55 60', the car has been changed since then I beleve the #s at the track have proven that. 9.6s w/ 1.37 60' is a long shot from 10.2s. That all came from a combo of things that we reworked. Now you all can continue, and agian I thank you... I got reading material again at Din Din :bigthumb: . EddieB

OldSkoolRCR
09-29-2009, 08:20 PM
Apples... I will have to side with Fiddy, he did a heck of a paint job on my Busa, considering I took the parts to him all fucked up, as I bought the bike after a 70 mph skid/slide down the highyway.

StreetSweeper
09-29-2009, 08:26 PM
Scott,

If u think ur ganna punk me out u have another thing commen, dude performance and drag racing has been apart of me all 20 years of my life, and if I'm kidden ask around. It was just last night that one of the fastest guys on this bored was talken bout u trying to tell him what to set his fp at. And u can ask him beacuse I've known him since I was about eight years old. I payed speed inc to base tune my car two years ago jack ass. Do you think the weather has changed since then? Get ur fucken tire temp guage out and have paul bunion come screen my tires! u might as well stfu because you won't win with me. Neither on the net or the track! I have rc cars that will run circles around u parachute boy!!!!

FiFdYnUtZ
09-29-2009, 08:32 PM
come on guys, he's certified, he obviously knows a lot more about cars than us, why try? *jerk off motion*

StreetSweeper
09-29-2009, 08:39 PM
Last time I checked all the fast guys wernt using snap on scan tools to "log" their race car!

FiFdYnUtZ
09-29-2009, 08:41 PM
if you had time to log you should of been tuning that pooch since you pride yourself on tuning skills as stated earlier...

30lbsboost
09-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Last time I checked all the fast guys wernt using snap on scan tools to "log" their race car!

you get the same data, just in a different format, i now have logging software, its nicer for the pupose of tuning. but at the time thats all i had
we all know in the world of racing you use what you got, right?

come on george, im not trying to punk you or anyone else out........point made here is its not fun have people cheap shot you on your hard work. you did buy a fast car,yworked your ass off and made it faster, and im glad for you!

fiftys car ran great, he busted ass on it and i glad for him too

point is stop cheap shoting me, its bullshit... you dont like it done to you, right?

FiFdYnUtZ
09-29-2009, 08:53 PM
originally we werent cheap shotting, just giving advice and constructive critisim, but your smartass attitude and ignorant comments turned it into a pissing match..

StreetSweeper
09-29-2009, 09:03 PM
Scott,

Dude just be cause were 20 years old don't mean we don't no what were talkin aboutif u haven't figured that out. Obviously we must be doin somthin right?

Its to bad that u can't put ur pride behind u and listen and take some advice once in a whilr because in the past couple years I have learned and there's people on this bored that will back me on this, but I have learned to enjoy going fast together. I don't like having to get on here and bust ur ass but as a buddy said " I can shit talk my way out of a natzi consentraiton camp" and if I have to I will..

30lbsboost
09-29-2009, 09:04 PM
originally we werent cheap shotting, just giving advice and constructive critisim, but your smartass attitude and ignorant comments turned it into a pissing match..

i dont remember it the same way, it may not have even started off with you and me. but im too lazy to go back that many pages to look.
but i will say this............
a wide band is the BEST way ....with that said a decent tune can be done with logging data and narrow band, how do you think we did it back in the day(aka the 90's)

FiFdYnUtZ
09-29-2009, 09:09 PM
lol they had widebands in the 90's man, narrowband data logging is ok for bolt on and slower/basic cars but when you get into this caliber of cars and with as much nitrous as your dealing with, the BEST way is the ONLY way...

30lbsboost
09-29-2009, 09:24 PM
ya, but what did they cost then?

you ran on a 10 bolt at arm drop, right? ....point made, you use what you got, right?
we all know running on a 10 bolt is bad news, its not the best way, its all you had and you did well. it worked for you period.

want to talk about doing things right? ive got a $2000.00 burkhart 9" in my 94 camaro..duel caliper 4 piston aerospace brakes, madman suspension, wheels/tires...ect just in the rearend of that car there is about 7k, everything is the best of the best stuff. i know all about doing thing right, but on the silver camaro, it was built out of a bunch of spare parts on a budget, just for fun

30lbsboost
09-29-2009, 09:28 PM
i have to add this has been entertaining in a weird way, and im not getting things done around the house , lol

StreetSweeper
09-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Ditch that stick call ptc have them build u a converter get a th350 order a wide band and tune it on a reputable software accordingly and then spray all u want on that low comp motor then u will be moven consistantly

30lbsboost
09-29-2009, 09:45 PM
Ditch that stick call ptc have them build u a converter get a th350 order a wide band and tune it on a reputable software accordingly and then spray all u want on that low comp motor then u will be moven consistantly

i agree with you 100%

but if i keep the silver car its most likely staying a stick, honestly i should sell that car as a rolling chassis, and bring the turbo car out next year

allgo
09-29-2009, 09:49 PM
I dont think to many people on here have a problem with anyone paying a GOOD tuner the $$ to tune there cars, I ve been doing it for years, you put that much work and money into a motor for what to have my monkey fingers work a key board and fuck everything up..lol
thanks to all for all the fun reading,

EDDy b you going to make one more crack at the 9's??

OldSkoolRCR
09-29-2009, 11:11 PM
I dont think to many people on here have a problem with anyone paying a GOOD tuner the $$ to tune there cars, I ve been doing it for years, you put that much work and money into a motor for what to have my monkey fingers work a key board and fuck everything up..lol
thanks to all for all the fun reading,

EDDy b you going to make one more crack at the 9's??

Maybee if the weather stays decent, Going to get Georges car and Deans out first, then if there is good weather I will try 1 more time. I think the MAJOR deep stage thing would have done it last Sat...lol

Scott
09-30-2009, 07:16 AM
I think the main problem here is your claim to have the fastest 6 speed in Cedar Rapids but you cant prove it!! If your going to claim to have the fastest anything, you have to either prove it AND defend it, or be content with everyone talking shit about you and make up excuses.. Im not going to defend anyone in this argument but one thing I do know is I have a 6 speed DD car and I have ran a faster 1/4 mile time than I have ever seen your car run. I would recomend removing that from your signature or proving it, oh and dont forget to put "synchronized 6 speed" in there because there are 8 second and faster stick shift cars in CR.

Mufflover
09-30-2009, 07:23 AM
I think the main problem here is your claim to have the fastest 6 speed in Cedar Rapids but you cant prove it!! If your going to claim to have the fastest anything, you have to either prove it AND defend it, or be content with everyone talking shit about you and make up excuses.. Im not going to defend anyone in this argument but one thing I do know is I have a 6 speed DD car and I have ran a faster 1/4 mile time than I have ever seen your car run. I would recomend removing that from your signature or proving it, oh and dont forget to put "synchronized 6 speed" in there because there are 8 second and faster stick shift cars in CR.

wow agreed 100%, what is the fastest the camaro has been? the fastest one.

Deimos
09-30-2009, 07:27 AM
I believe the pro charged one is Joe's. I remember hearing it was good for 10's if my memory serves me. Man my spelling sucks today...

APPLES355
09-30-2009, 08:13 AM
Tyler before i posted that i knew the chances of you doing the work to your car was high, but my intended questions were to make you aware of what it is like to have people tear down your hard work. I also never stated that you didnt do the work to your car. Hell i have been there as well with the same sort of comments i made to you and your response would have been what i would have came back with. Do you ever ask yourself what is the point of tearing down someone? There is really no point to it at all and yes i know scott's sign says fastest 6-speed in cedar rapids, but who cares. so with that why is it necessary to continue besides good reading at supper for ED :biggrin: . I will apologize for my uncalled for intended response to you, but it sucks for who ever gets the bashing and makes this hobby no fun at all. I also know a few people out your way and understand what you went through growing up. I would also say i am jealous because you have the shop capability to build your car and i hope to have that some day. I havent seen your work, but if George and Ed say it's good i will take their word for it. maybe if you head up to tri-state on the 11th i will be able to introduce myself.

Scott
09-30-2009, 09:02 AM
Yeah I totally agree with you Apples, but to answer your question about who cares.. Its just a pride thing is all, THE WAY RULES ARE WRITTEN, from the cars I know of I think Rob has the fastest "and I think yours is faster too" and I personally would be proud to see him beat the camaro because I like Rob and he drives a FORD!! Its just a pride thing to certain people, and it seems wrong "to me anyway" to plainly say he has the fastest 6 speed and then decide not to race.. I think if he wants that title then he HAS to either race him or hand over the title plain and simple. Pride means more to some people than it does to others, and without it, this sport would be boring

APPLES355
09-30-2009, 09:48 AM
I will agree with being proud of what you have and won. Everybody who needs to know or wants to know can find out easily who is actually the fastest. hell maybe after the race he will change it if someone else wins. I think this race is more for fun because it seems like the faster cars are not equiped with the safety equipment needed and will get kicked off if the track feels it necessary. I haven't really looked into it, but would that mean that the fastest someone could run without a cage is 11.50 or is it 11.99 I could be wrong, but with that being said i am definitely not putting on the spray if i cant run faster than that without being kicked out. i also dont know if there are any stick cars going that have a cage. I think rob has one of the fastest stick cars as well and maybe i can give him a run with the new rear and a pair of slicks. I hope that this could continue every year and bring more people out to run their inconsist stick cars down the strip to see who can bang gears the best.

Dang FORD and their pride for one another :butthead:

Scott
09-30-2009, 11:03 AM
LOL thats funny.. Yeah I would like to see what yours would do with some slicks on it.. Of course right now it would just blow the rear end out of it but it looks like you will have that covered pretty soon..

30lbsboost
09-30-2009, 11:27 AM
You hit it right scott, its a big pride thing, but I ask this question, why would I want to go race/hang out with a bunch of guys who dislike me so much? Does not sound like fun to me.
I'm not afraid to loose to a better car and or driver. its the bs that will follow!
I don't make excuses, I do say how each and every run went and talk about how we could make it better next time.

I ran a junk budget car this year cause we bought a bran new bigass house in december, more importent than a fast car to us. I had not raced in 10yrs! We had a blast till all of the bs after arm drop

To eveyrone...
I will have my shit togehter next year,and my car will run good... you can bank on it
Becouse I'm tired of this crap.

Scott
09-30-2009, 11:40 AM
I would say just accept the fact you dont have the fastest 6 speed in CR then, all that is a big target on your back, it looks like you WANT to start trouble and drama to me.. Let your driving and your car do the talking. As far as racing with people that dont like you, thats just another thing that comes with the territory. Try circle track racing where people dont just talk shit, they will HIT your car on the track. If you want to be liked by everyone your racing against then you definetly dont want to be the fastest, and if you are then DONT advertise that fact and brag about it.

APPLES355
09-30-2009, 11:42 AM
I am actually driving around the the new 9 inch under it right now. I unfortunately couldnt find a set of 15's that would fit my brakes with the backspacing needed, but hoosier make a D06 compount slick for the 17's. so a little suspension adjusting and the slicks in the back i should be ready to have some fun.

FiFdYnUtZ
09-30-2009, 12:26 PM
scotty look at your fquick, look at your past posts and threads, you called a lot of people out and talked a lot of smack, be it joking or not...and then you didnt back it up, expect some shit from us to follow...

hell you werent here much when allgo and i would go at it for days, but at armdrop we got along just fine, the internet is the internet, dont let it get you all butthurt and afraid to come to the track...

69gt4speed
09-30-2009, 01:23 PM
Josh, the offical rules say 11.50 or quicker you need a bar at least...

I just want everybody to show up I really like all of you... we've had a lot of fun going at it on the street. Yea Scott, show up I have no issues w you or anybody. I just don't want to break my car. I'll have the et streets on and I will try a 4k launch, we'll see wtf happens. The car if Scotty was driving is quick enough for a hi 10 I think but I'm driving..lol

DustinsDuster
09-30-2009, 02:28 PM
ive noticed a pattern, that i myself and guilty of as well.

the problem with getting a bunch of younger and older car guys together lies in respect. a lot of the younger guys(especially the ones who have accomplished something remarkable) feel they deserve more respect than the average punk kid who hasnt done shit and just spouts off(which they do). because they usually get grouped together with the average punk who doesnt know or have shit in the eyes of many of the older guys, the younger guys develope a bit of an attidtude(rightfully so). most of the older guys are usually willing to be cool with the younger guys, until said attitude comes off, at which time they'll usually write off the younger guy as "just another punk kid".

put in simple terms, younger guys cop an attitude to the older guys because they dont respect them, and older guys dont respect the kids because the kids cop an attitude. its a vicious circle, and its hard to see how it'll ever end. usually, the "kids" get a little older, calm down a bit, and the older guys lighten up and see what the kids can actually do.

/rant

FiFdYnUtZ
09-30-2009, 02:32 PM
well put..

FiFdYnUtZ
09-30-2009, 02:32 PM
although i will say i have an enormous amount of respect for most the the people i have met from here...and some not so much..

DustinsDuster
09-30-2009, 02:38 PM
dont get me wrong, this might not directly apply to some, and there are exceptions to every rule, but its just a general pattern i see repeating a lot.

i was a textbook example of this. back on the old MSCA board, i used to get into tons of shit talking arguments with a lot of those guys. not many 18-19 year old kids around here had a 12 second or faster car, and even fewer of them built them themselves. i felt like i shouldnt be talked to like any other punk who came up to those guys at one of the car shows spouting off about his dad's cousin's neighbor's Chevelle that could blow everything away. after a while, i grew up a bit, mellowed out a bit, and eventually got on pretty good terms with most of the same guys that i was talking shit to. time changes a lot of things...

30lbsboost
09-30-2009, 04:55 PM
ive noticed a pattern, that i myself and guilty of as well.

the problem with getting a bunch of younger and older car guys together lies in respect. a lot of the younger guys(especially the ones who have accomplished something remarkable) feel they deserve more respect than the average punk kid who hasnt done shit and just spouts off(which they do). because they usually get grouped together with the average punk who doesnt know or have shit in the eyes of many of the older guys, the younger guys develope a bit of an attidtude(rightfully so). most of the older guys are usually willing to be cool with the younger guys, until said attitude comes off, at which time they'll usually write off the younger guy as "just another punk kid".

put in simple terms, younger guys cop an attitude to the older guys because they dont respect them, and older guys dont respect the kids because the kids cop an attitude. its a vicious circle, and its hard to see how it'll ever end. usually, the "kids" get a little older, calm down a bit, and the older guys lighten up and see what the kids can actually do.

/rant

i agree 100%

30lbsboost
09-30-2009, 05:20 PM
scotty look at your fquick, look at your past posts and threads, you called a lot of people out and talked a lot of smack, be it joking or not...and then you didnt back it up, expect some shit from us to follow...

hell you werent here much when allgo and i would go at it for days, but at armdrop we got along just fine, the internet is the internet, dont let it get you all butthurt and afraid to come to the track...

I dont recall calling many people out, this last summer I gave you a bunch of crap for your video where it said "want some?" pretty cocky to say that i think, not that thats wrong .....but look in the mirror, your doing some of the same things we all do. last summer I picked on you and it was wrong, for that i am sorry. i dont think i said after our 1st arguement.
I also think you air dam says "MSCA SUCKS" .....need i say more? I have to admit that was funny as hell seeing that in the picture when your car was launching. not very nice to those guys, but funny
and so my car ran like crap at arm drop, i dont think i had all this comming, the insults, names, ect...
I have a pretty good sense of humor......the parachute boy thing is funny, .........funny a few times, funny once in a wile, but not funny to hear constantly

hey ed, is dinner just about ready? ......just kidding :biggrin:

FiFdYnUtZ
09-30-2009, 05:28 PM
well the msca sucks thing was from allgo and i's spouts we had and its coming off soon, it put it on for the sole purpose of getting that picture taken for the most part...and when i said want some, i meant on the street, and i meant come and get it (like i said) and that offer stands to anyone, not saying im going to win, but i just enjoy racing and good competition. It would be cocky if i said "care to get spanked" like someone, and then meet at the track and the latter happens...you didnt get crap for running bad, you got advice, that then turned into your defensive snap backs, that then turned into us making names, etc...

30lbsboost
09-30-2009, 05:38 PM
maybe you guys did really mean well, i garentee i took it defensively, from my side it did not look good, but then again thats the problem with the internet. i bet if this all went down face to face it would have never turned out the way it did, correct me if you think im wrong

FiFdYnUtZ
09-30-2009, 05:57 PM
no, its absolutely right..

Deimos
09-30-2009, 06:06 PM
Fifdy whats done to your car?

FiFdYnUtZ
09-30-2009, 06:06 PM
if i told you that id have to kill you...and i dont want to kill you...

Deimos
09-30-2009, 06:14 PM
Aww that's just plain mean. You know my engine and I don't know what u got done. They should do an fbody vs. mustang race IMO

30lbsboost
09-30-2009, 06:19 PM
Aww that's just plain mean. You know my engine and I don't know what u got done. They should do an fbody vs. mustang race IMO

thats a great idea for next yr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FiFdYnUtZ
09-30-2009, 06:23 PM
i like the sound of that race!

but i'll tell you what you told me ;)

346 ls1 stock bottom end (katech rod bolts on the way), now cam and converter specs, i dont think so! haha jkjk, but really on the converter im not sure it was custom built for my car but i specified it be in the 3800-4000 stall range and be tight enough for spray and loose enough for NA...the cam on the other hand is custom but i know the specs of that bc it came with a card haha..

Scott
09-30-2009, 09:25 PM

thats a grreat idea i think!!! chevy boys :Hangman:

StreetSweeper
09-30-2009, 09:44 PM
Dustin I have to agree with u allso, scott u wernt around in my teenage years but I use to be one hell of, A hand full on this board and I thought I could whoop everyone, I can't count how many times zach and I would have side chatson aim, but I think after the years and growing up a little I have mellowed out a lot. Not that I can't still get wound up,but u don't see it as much. And I can remember when all the older guys thought jesse was some punk kid that didn't no shit, but after he proved he wasn't so stupid and could run with the big dogs things changed.after I got my talon runnen good, and my camaro flyen I taught myself to be a little more humble and wanted to do what ever I could to help the next guy. So point being time and proving ur self goes allong way!

Domestic Disturbance
09-30-2009, 09:48 PM

thats a grreat idea i think!!! chevy boys :Hangman:
like you stand a chance :biggrin:

StreetSweeper
09-30-2009, 09:51 PM
Hey if ur shit didn't run worth a damb and u had bad luck this year so be it. Everyone deserves a second round at it, and I guess ur tellen us next year things will be different ! Next year is your year to shine so don't let us down and not expect the shit to come around again! Balls in ur court so play it!

69gt4speed
09-30-2009, 11:42 PM
I respect each of you car guys and learned a lot asking questions about the import dsms esp. George, Jesse and Ed. They hung in there despite all the bs and lil $. Same w Scotty he's a hero, based on what he's done. Oval track or drag track. All of you with various cars that I might have lined up on... :supz:

One other thing and I hate saying this Scott, if you don't show and win, the sig gotta go... Somebody else (the winner) can claim that after the race. Next yr is just that imo. You wouldn't race me on the street so why this whole deal was made up. I wouldn't have bothered buying a trophy.

But as it is turns out to be a good deal for us manual guys, face it against a stalled auto it's a hard road to win. Lot of variables. This way its more a drivers race and stuff can happen easy. A 13 sec car could win.

Lets get this done and I hope no one breaks or gets booted out and the weather is 65 deg and clear and track prep is good. We ought to run good.

30lbsboost
10-01-2009, 05:43 AM
I respect each of you car guys and learned a lot asking questions about the import dsms esp. George, Jesse and Ed. They hung in there despite all the bs and lil $. Same w Scotty he's a hero, based on what he's done. Oval track or drag track. All of you with various cars that I might have lined up on... :supz:

One other thing and I hate saying this Scott, if you don't show and win, the sig gotta go... Somebody else (the winner) can claim that after the race. Next yr is just that imo. You wouldn't race me on the street so why this whole deal was made up. I wouldn't have bothered buying a trophy.

But as it is turns out to be a good deal for us manual guys, face it against a stalled auto it's a hard road to win. Lot of variables. This way its more a drivers race and stuff can happen easy. A 13 sec car could win.

Lets get this done and I hope no one breaks or gets booted out and the weather is 65 deg and clear and track prep is good. We ought to run good.

thats been the plan , the winner gets the sig, period

and so now i have to defend a claim with my car, with and engine im not happy with, my dads car is the faster one, some days he wants to race the car again, some days not so much....i guess getting older changes things. I wish he would to show everyone, but its not my car
I would rather race, with everyone. than against everyone... i like to win, but i also like to have fun, thats what its all about.
My family loves drag racing and i dont want them to start hateing a hobby i love so much becouse of drama at the track. So i say lets leave ALL the drama on the internet and enjoy a t day at the track together before winter sets in. ......agreed?
If i win fine, if im allowed to lose gracefully even better

and so ill take my low compression motor with no boost and let it hang, no garentees what it will run.

69gt4speed
10-01-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm old w health bs too, best easiest thrill I can get now is beating on the 03 but I hate working on it anymore. It's a pita and on the other hand don't trust anyone either. I bring no drama unless someone else starts it.

We race and get done the winner gets the trophy. In case someone runs low et and gets booted he can claim fastest manual, but not the manual runoff winner of 09. Winner gets trophy.

It's been brought up... time trials.. ok we can have 2 in case somebody does something stupid like too much tire pressure, etc. Best et of those 2. That's it, this is to simulate a street race. It starts at 9 am time trials, the sc/gtp runoff will be later and unless I/we can get the sc prez to agree we will have to get it done in the time trials, everybody ok w that? That's like 3 hrs long or so.

FiFdYnUtZ
10-01-2009, 07:21 PM
yeah irc the gtp bracket racing starts after the noon break and they all line up in a group and run off that way...maybe you guys could just form a group like theirs or something..

69gt4speed
10-01-2009, 11:00 PM
Somebody asked me what's the big deal on time trials and then line up quickest vs slowest et....

Basically it's this... all you need to worry about if you are quickest is beating the slower car, so leave later and let off if you want, as long as you win, no big deal... Save your car that is the only advantage. Just like a street race. You're ahead a car or 2 then maintain that. Don't get booted out till last race would be the wise thing to do if that's good enough. You ppl that could be slower have a chance also, they could redlight or break.. You break and lose or not show next round you are eliminated. We are going to do this like the street, reline up and do it. No jacking around w bs. You might be able to in the line, that's it. You wouldn't want me to ice down my s/c for a hr now would you?

Notice I said can have 2 time trials.. if you feel one is good enough then have only 1... Smart thing to do is not get booted then... I would think a person would want trophy and low et, that's the goal overall.