PDA

View Full Version : Whats a good reliable towing company in town?

Phantez
06-01-2009, 01:44 PM
I need a 5 mile tow from Prarie to C ave NW. I've never dealt with any towing companies so im just seeing if theres any that u guys would recommend or stay away from. Or if theres anyone here that has a truck and trailer that could help me out for cheaper thatd be cool too.

Ooh and i plan to raise it about 1 1/2 inches or so for the tow

Summergirl
06-01-2009, 01:49 PM
had decent luck with 5 Seasons. they are on the SW side also. i remember them being pretty reasonable and they have flatbeds if you prefer. 396-8683

DustinsDuster
06-01-2009, 01:51 PM
Darrah's hasnt ever done me wrong.

SaNdMaNsSi
06-01-2009, 02:36 PM
Darrah's charges almost twice the rate of anyone else in town....

DustinsDuster
06-01-2009, 03:51 PM
he said good and reliable, not the cheapest. just stating an opinion.

JacobS
06-01-2009, 04:03 PM
darrahs or 5 seasons seems to be your best bet

SaNdMaNsSi
06-01-2009, 11:47 PM
Sorry....I'm just not at all a fan of D's, so I hate it when the name comes up.

Phantez
06-02-2009, 04:22 AM
Well i didnt have time to check back on this thread before i towed it so i went against everyones advice and went with ATC Professional Towing lol. It all went smooth though and i didnt even have to raise the car any, only removed the front bumper to make for more clearance up front. I'd vouch for them in the future, although it was $75 for a 5 mile flatbed tow... shits expensive.

Ricky
06-02-2009, 06:05 AM
Well i didnt have time to check back on this thread before i towed it so i went against everyones advice and went with ATC Professional Towing lol. It all went smooth though and i didnt even have to raise the car any, only removed the front bumper to make for more clearance up front. I'd vouch for them in the future, although it was $75 for a 5 mile flatbed tow... shits expensive.

Shit i would have pushed it or done the ol truck and rope tow.

Drifte
06-02-2009, 07:04 AM
yea well most of the expense is the hook up itself. Wish I had seen this sooner I am a very experienced tow truck user. Check out my sig...yea.

For future reference, ask for flatbeds and help them hook up. Then you helpfully keep an eye on what they hook up to.

SaNdMaNsSi
06-02-2009, 02:28 PM
I don't think any tow company would let you "help them" hook up your car, let alone give you a cheaper rate. Just my opinion. As far as the company you used, I'm glad you had a good experience. That company lost 2 cars off their trucks this year that I know of from talking to people. As far as the big D in town, I wouldn't let anyone tow my car that was involved in castrating dogs....or am I the only one here that remembers that? Man I feel old....

Drifte
06-03-2009, 07:07 AM
^ what happened?!

I had a tow company strap down to my uni body and open the car up like a tin can tightening it down with the winch. So ever since then I tell them where to hook up on my car and help them find the places.

SaNdMaNsSi
06-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Which part are you talking about with the " what happened?"