PDA

View Full Version : Hawkeye Downs races last night

Scott
05-23-2009, 11:16 AM
It was the first official points race last night at Hawkeye Downs, not sure if I told anyone on this website but I am letting my brother drive my old modified and Im driving my new one in the same class.. Anyways we finished 1st and 2nd in BOTH the heat and the feature race, I won and he got 2nd. He did a hell of a job for his 2nd race ever to start in 6th and work his way up to 2nd.. I started 2nd and got past the #1 car in 3 laps and didnt look back the rest of the race!! :supz: thanks to anyone out there who came to watch, I saw a few familiar faces including Apples!!

69gt4speed
05-23-2009, 11:32 AM
Congrats Scott for u and bro. Bro and I did stuff, lots of good times for sure.

DustinsDuster
05-23-2009, 08:26 PM
i wouldve came out, but we ran into some problems stripping the bathroom down. next week for sure- count me in for the Indy trip as well. i'll be honorary pit crew- just give me something to do.

Ricky
05-24-2009, 01:07 PM
I'll join the pit crew too. Honorary drunk.

thats awesome you guys took one and two.

gsxtacy
05-25-2009, 09:49 PM

CiViC-Wanted
05-26-2009, 01:11 AM
He what tires do you guys get to run on the aspahlt. I know on dirt we have to run the Hooiser G60, do you guys get to run the American racers?

Scott
05-26-2009, 06:51 AM
whats 6 mean??

and yes at HD its still a IMCA class so we're required to run the hoosier G-60's.. The asphalt really chews them tires up, I would like to find a dirt racer to work with on getting good deals on lightly used tires cuz the brand new ones really get expensive fast. Thanks everyone for the comments

Ricky
05-26-2009, 07:54 AM
I'll join the pit crew too. Honorary drunk.

thats awesome you guys took one and two.

WTF!?!?! Colton got damn it log me out! i get so confused when i read stuff you posted under my name. hahah

Summergirl
05-26-2009, 08:29 AM
i wouldve came out, but we ran into some problems stripping the bathroom down. next week for sure- count me in for the Indy trip as well. i'll be honorary pit crew- just give me something to do.

get a hold of me before Thursday to get the hotel and ticket deal ironed out. finding you a ride shouldn't be a problem either, talk to Scott about that though. i know we are racing at Hawkeye Downs, heading back to the house, switching out cars, and driving to Indy. should arrive just in time to catch a nap at the hotel and head to the track! :)

three days to go!!

CiViC-Wanted
05-26-2009, 06:27 PM
Yea the 60's suck, we grind are tires for dirt, and they seem to last about 10-12 nights, and at 100 a piece it sucks extremely.

Scott
05-26-2009, 07:10 PM
our brand new tires on the right side on asphalt last about 2 nights if your lucky, that really sucks. that's why i need dirt tires about 25 a piece i would buy about 3 to 5 a week if i could

CiViC-Wanted
05-27-2009, 08:54 PM
Yea do you try and get them almost bald, or do you run them with some tread depth?

Scott
05-28-2009, 07:02 AM
I have been running brand new tires on it.. I think Im gonna try and see if I can get a full 2 nights of racing on them this friday. They just eat themselves alive on asphalt if your pushing the car hard